• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Woah, Rion is actually here?!

Does Zelda's FFnair to Faore's Wind combo only work on Marth? I tried it on Falcon and Ganondorf and I didn't get the same result.

So how are some of you guys enjoying splatoon?

berserker00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Berserker10
3DS FC
1220-7875-3865
Switch FC
6493 3764 6404
As I'm sure you're aware of, the books are way different from the show (especially this season). Sansa never went back to Winterfell and married Ramsay, Loras never got jailed (his homosexuality is only implied in the books; it's never really spoken about), Shireen wasn't burned to death, Hizdahr wasn't killed, Ser Barristan didn't die, Tyrion and Jorah aren't even inside Meereen yet, and the list goes on. Basically, this season deviated heavily from the books, so it was kind of strange seeing all of this stuff that never really happened. The show was great this season, though.
Losing Ser Barristan at episode five was particularly painful since he was one of my favorite characters and since he always felt like old man Obi-Wan/Ben Kenobi to me. Wait, why am I making myself more depressed with Barristan
Last reply was 8 minutes ago?
Guys.
This thread is usually faster.
Maybe it's post-Game of Thrones Trauma Disorder :secretkpop:

It's the reason for my gloom and sorrow.

Last edited:

Rion

Smash Journeyman
GGs Auntie @ Rion Rion abusing this new Usmash lol

i think i spent more time flying across the screen than anything else lol
Jigs vs Upsmash was definitely funny (when I wasn't trying to deal with that floaty floaty wall game anyway).

Your Peach totally destroyed me though.

I notice everytime I miss a perfect Farore's I always scream out "I SHOULD HAVE BELIEVED!"

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be blunt about GoT
Jon Snow is probably not dead. Well, he can't die. I guess.
Because it's really obvious

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
LOL @Fuj1nTalksAboutBuffs tagged me yesterday saying GGs when I never played online at all yesterday, he must of confused me with auntie @ Rion Rion rip.

Now I'm not saying Zelda suddenly got so much better. She's still IMO the second or maybe 3rd worst character in the game. So yeah.
Does Zelda's FFnair to Faore's Wind combo only work on Marth? I tried it on Falcon and Ganondorf and I didn't get the same result.
The timing is very strict for some strange reason, I can get it inconsistently on Pit which is why I don't think it's that practical. Dtilt and Utilt are much easier followups, and Dtilt can even lead to the buffed Usmash or Uair so I don't see why FW would be that necessary unless you know that your opponent won't be able to shield on time.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Jigs vs Upsmash was definitely funny (when I wasn't trying to deal with that floaty floaty wall game anyway).

Your Peach totally destroyed me though.
i escaped it one time though lol. always came down to last minute usmash. the first match had 35seconds left lol

My friend beats on my Zelda all the time with his Peach so i stole some of his moves lol. its harsh.

I notice everytime I miss a perfect Farore's I always scream out "I SHOULD HAVE BELIEVED!"
Everytime i got Usmashed i was all NUUUUUU I'VE BEEN HAAAAAD!!!!!

Rion

Smash Journeyman
LOL @Fuj1nTalksAboutBuffs tagged me yesterday saying GGs when I never played online at all yesterday, he must of confused me with auntie @ Rion Rion rip.

Now I'm not saying Zelda suddenly got so much better. She's still IMO the second or maybe 3rd worst character in the game. So yeah.

The timing is very strict for some strange reason, I can get it inconsistently on Pit which is why I don't think it's that practical. Dtilt and Utilt are much easier followups, and Dtilt can even lead to the buffed Usmash or Uair so I don't see why FW would be that necessary unless you know that your opponent won't be able to shield on time.
My tag that time even said Rion haha. I guess he didn't notice?

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
*about to ask for 3ds matches because for glory is a piece of *****
*remembers no one wants to face you*
*cries*

Rion

Smash Journeyman
i escaped it one time though lol. always came down to last minute usmash. the first match had 35seconds left lol

My friend beats on my Zelda all the time with his Peach so i stole some of his moves lol. its harsh.

Everytime i got Usmashed i was all NUUUUUU I'VE BEEN HAAAAAD!!!!!
Yeah, with Peach I noticed how annoying float is... then again, it's always been really annoying!

I could have bloody sworn Zelda's Usmash came out faster than frame 9. I must be stuck in Brawl times. All those Peach Dairs raining on my shield, grrr-

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I'm not Aerodrome but

lol

Anyway, Lucas feels clunky to me. A lot of laggy attacks, often unsafe aerials (ZAir is good though), and only okay range. Not as fun as his Brawl version IMO.
But Lucas has a Hoo-Hah now so he's automatically better than his Brawl incarnation :secretkpop:

For real though, I really like how he feels. Nair and usmash are everything I need in my life.

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
I'm not sure if anyone will see if it's useful or not

But reversal upb for Roy seems to be pretty good

If you hit someone on the first hit, and reverse it, they get sent flying at 0%. Now that's some base knockback. To me it seems like a good way to escape pressure practically unpunished with its invincibility. Just thought I'd leave this here

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Some characters are really hard to get with nair → FW due to height. Another thing to note is you do NOT have to land in front of them for this to work. You can nair and land behind them to make it harder to punish when shielded while still having the true combo into FW. Also when someone is near the edge of a stage you can nair and throw them really low off the stage. This can set up spikes.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Roy's frame data doesn't look as good as I was expecting, but WOW FLARE BLADE is silly. Jab/tilts are pretty quick to end, smashes are laggy af, startups are typical swordsman tier, Flare Blade is lolganonusmash in chargeable neutralB form.

Ryu's only moves above 9 frames in startup are strong ftilt and fsmash...

Lucas is whatevs, at least his tether is 12f like Link instead of 16f like Samus.

So I just tried Ike a few hours ago. He seems good but the buffs don't really address his issues. I mean, all it does is make spacing with Ike much easier. Recovering with him is also just slightly easier than usual when it comes to going back on stage horizontally. It's just my opinion, I guess.

I might have said the same for Charizard but throw combos and kill throws are really important in this game so Zard is probably now an okay character. Subpar at worst.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I think Lucas is definitely not as good as Ness but he's definitely very powerful once he gets going. Still he might be the worst of the DLC characters, though he's probably mid at worst.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
RIP our Zelda social compilation video was muted for music copyright... IRONICALLY ON MY SECTION OF THE VIDEO WELP.

I even pitched the song and mixed parts of the song to try to avoid this, but they still caught on and the WHOLE video is muted wtf Japanese music people pls y u so stingy. ; w ;

Give me a few days to re-edit and reupload the video gorls. And no I won't share it to SRK this time. :p

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
so I just looked around at the other character forums and I guess all three dlc characters had frame data threads started already

ok then

(I was just looking at sixriver anyway)

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Does anyone know if Lucas' dsmash is the strongest in the game like it was in Brawl?

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Evening girls. How's everyone doing today? :4zelda:

I got myself a new router, and I've been doing more tests today with Roy. I'll be posting them onto the Roy boards soon. :yeahboi:

berserker00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Berserker10
3DS FC
1220-7875-3865
Switch FC
6493 3764 6404
RIP our Zelda social compilation video was muted for music copyright... IRONICALLY ON MY SECTION OF THE VIDEO WELP.

I even pitched the song and mixed parts of the song to try to avoid this, but they still caught on and the WHOLE video is muted wtf Japanese music people pls y u so stingy. ; w ;

Give me a few days to re-edit and reupload the video gorls. And no I won't share it to SRK this time. :p
Wonder if this means me and @ Berserker. Berserker. could have enough time to join in :o

We have no idea how to record and give anything though :((

I'm not in shock, wonder, or surprise when I find that any move is faster than Shulk's anything. I love his range though so I (sort of) don't care anyway, plus the Monado arts are amazing-tastic. Still, dat frame data doe

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Alright! So putting my preferences behind me... I'm asking the Zelda Social what DLC to purchase.

Whatcha gorls think?
Roy and Lucas for sure. I found Ryu to be awkward and input heavy, but that's just me. Oh and definitely get Dream Land. I love that stage's music and layout. I hope they make it legal again.

Did I mention Roy?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Alright! So putting my preferences behind me... I'm asking the Zelda Social what DLC to purchase.

Whatcha gorls think?
:4ryu:Yes, if you're comfortable with standard fighting game inputs
:4feroy:Maybe
:4lucas:No

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
So, day 1 Ryu is done.

Like in SF, Hadoken is a dirty dirty tool. I'm surprised how good it is tbh. The speed variants are really nice for mind games to get people to shield early/lock their movement.
Shoryu is so frustrating because I'm bad at the input. When I land a point blank light hp, I should be killing, but instead I sometimes throw Hadoken because I suck. :( #Day1
Focus Attack is legit. Aerial FADC feels like wavedashing and it's so great to FA absorb a spike just to make it back on stage and laugh. When you crumple someone, it's like getting a Mewtwo disable. Lt lk>Shoryu.

Also, like in SF, I DON'T KNOW HOW TO PLAY MID RANGE. Like actually... how do I approach? Jump in? Grab doesn't get you much... Tatsu? where are my pellets

I love Ryu and find him to be perfect in terms of SF meets SSB. His forward roll is terribad because that's not a thing in 2D fighters. He had very little crossup potential and loses to crossups as well. He's strong AF, but has some weaknesses (Roy's NAir and LOL PELLETS). He can combo into his ultra (AKA final smash) and he's just... really fun and challenging to play as. When things are going well, you rack up damage like buster Shulk with a constant threat of an invincible DP. I love it.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I've tried them all more.

Roy I feel the most comfortable with, but that's probably because I played around with Lucina as well.
And I found out Roy's walk speed is rather slow compared to Marth & Lucina. But he's faster than those two if runs. So I'm happy with that. :3

Lucas I do struggle with, I wasn't that good with the Earthbound/Mother characters.

Ryu is a technical god. You need to be good with taps and presses to get him to be super viable, plus countering a Counter with Shoryu. WIN.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
"TFW the president of Nintendo America is better at trash talking than a top competitive Smash player"

THAT COMMENT KILLED ME

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I don't know who to call... @ Lavani Lavani , could you test Falco's Fair startup and landing lag for me? And maybe check Uair even though people have figured it's frame 7 now. Maybe Reflector Void too, but it's been a while since I played, so I don't remember how slow it is - frame 13 is hard to judge with your eyes. Please and thank you.

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Just fought a good Captain Falcon player on FG who DI'd my n-air > FW twice. He avoided the 2nd hit of Farore's completely once and got hit by the sour spot the other time.

Well, there goes all the optimism I never had :secretkpop:

At least I KO'd him around 100% or so with upsmash

Top Bottom