• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
Oh... Um... Hai!

I see nothing has changed....

*awkward silence*

Yeah! So my whole life got flipped on it's head and so I basically had to take a break from everything to take care of family issues...

Of course everyone misses me,
Right? ;-;

(Oh yeah, I'm back, for those of you who couldn't take the hint.)

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I know I'm late but I just got Ryu (and others I guess) and I'm messing with him here are my notes.

1. I can't use the hadoken super well yet because the last time I played Street Fighter was on the SNES and I had a D-pad not this joystick nonsense! This is why home consoles killed the arcades!

2. Is Ryu constantly saying "Say ahhhh"
I feel like I'm at the dentist.
In a good way?

3. Ryu looks really good in this game, look at this awesome FG action I got into today!

4. But seriously.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
So I was out the whole day celebrating a friend's birthday. We had some derpy 6 player smash with friends haha.

- I realized I suck with Lucas.
- I don't know how to Roy.
- I'm very good at inputting the SF inputs for Ryu's specials but that's about it.
- Miiverse is pretty big so it's a pretty nice map (bar the background distractions)
- Miiverse ain't playable w/o an Internet connection iirc so I don't think the stage can be legal.
- Dreamland 64 is pretty small now but still a fun stage.
- Honestly, fast falling Nair -> follow up was always a thing that Zelda can use but since it actually reads a combo in training I guess it's better?
- I think the Usmash buff is better than this Nair buff though
- Zelda is now no longer the worst character in the game in my books, yay
- Made a friend salty by 3-stocking him all with FW kills oops

I'll talk more impressions tomorrow~

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I whooped someone on FG with Ryu and they hurled homophobic slurs and repeatedly said;

DLC FOR
*change tag*
LOSERS
*change tag*
DLC FOR
*change tag*
LOSERS
etc

Oh noes they got me.

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
Since none of you wanted to help me out on my Lucas (thanksssss), I had my other very talented buddy that mains :4bowserjr: to help me out. From that experience I learned:

•All Lucas needs to do is spam PK Fire (sometimes), and Nair. He also has three kill throws.
•You can become the best Charizard ever over night (he just mained him out of nowhere, and was wrecking), but still not be able to beat :4zelda:.
•Custom Rosalina should not be allowed. Ever.

Something else I learned today is that I hate fighting Ryu with anyone except Zelda. Teleporting through your Hadouken spam for days.

I wonder how is Lucas's Up-Smash vertical range compared to Palutena's?
Lucas' goes to the bottom of the tallest platform in Battlefield if that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Lucas' PK:4feroy: needs more range

Oh and Slayutena's Up-Smash has quite a bit more range.

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Lucas's PK Fire is a great tool in neutral due to the recoil it has making you slide away from the opponent. It's also an effective way of recovering without using your double jump.

I just really hate using PK Thunder in lag. Thank god for that tether recovery.

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
:4feroy:'s Usmash is stupidly powerful.
:4mewtwo:'s Usmash is also stupidly powerful.
:4lucas:'s Usmash is even more stupidly powerful.
:4zelda: got an awesome Usmash buff.

I don't know what it is with the Dev team, but it seems like they only have one thing on their mind...

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
In other news, Mother 1 is getting released on Virtual Console as Earthbound Beginnings. Not sure I like the localized title change, but I bet the Japanese title stays. I wonder what Mother 3 would be called.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I seriously wish Zelda had a regular projectile like Lucas' PK Fire or even Samus' lagmissles

There's a loading screen tip that says Lucas' Up-Smash has the greatest "launching power" of any smash. True?

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
I seriously wish Zelda had a regular projectile like Lucas' PK Fire or even Samus' lagmissles

There's a loading screen tip that says Lucas' Up-Smash has the greatest "launching power" of any smash. True?
maybe strongest usmash

but i thought dedede or bowser had the strongest of any smash attacks

like lucas usmashed me at like 90% with around 60% rage and it didnt kill, i was roy

highly doubt its the strongest

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
So I was out the whole day celebrating a friend's birthday. We had some derpy 6 player smash with friends haha.

- I realized I suck with Lucas.
- I don't know how to Roy.
- I'm very good at inputting the SF inputs for Ryu's specials but that's about it.
- Miiverse is pretty big so it's a pretty nice map (bar the background distractions)
- Miiverse ain't playable w/o an Internet connection iirc so I don't think the stage can be legal.
- Dreamland 64 is pretty small now but still a fun stage.
- Honestly, fast falling Nair -> follow up was always a thing that Zelda can use but since it actually reads a combo in training I guess it's better?
- I think the Usmash buff is better than this Nair buff though
- Zelda is now no longer the worst character in the game in my books, yay
- Made a friend salty by 3-stocking him all with FW kills oops

I'll talk more impressions tomorrow~
S-sis are you...okay? :awesome:
---
Doesn't Lucas's Usmash have sourspots? Or something.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
It feels laggier in startup too but maybe Brawl mods are screwing with my memory of it.

Ike's dash attack is now a monster holy balls. Plus all these other buffs. People gonna still sleep on him, I guarantee it.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Ike's dash attack is now a monster holy balls. Plus all these other buffs. People gonna still sleep on him, I guarantee it.
I completely forgot about Ike getting more buffs, I need to check these out.

Lucas's usmash is frame 28 in both Brawl and Sm4sh.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I'm having WAY too much fun with Ryu. I don't feel like he loses to most of the cast, only a few outliers (annoying zoners, like, Pika and Sonic). Prolly Sheik too but IMO she's prolly easier to handle than the zoners or Pika and Sonic (depending on stage choice.)

This char is legit, prolly high tier/viable. Really like him, the minute he gets in he absolutely destroys you with how good his buttons are.....

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
So.... ignoring this newcomers hype, I went to a tourney. Before it started I was really feeling down because of irl stuff, so I lsot to a Donkey pretty badly (actually didn't care for my last stock and simply dropped it).
In losers I had to face a pretty decent ROB, but I was so down I picked Random.
First game I got Duckhunt, one of the characters I like to use the most. It's very difficult to camp against ROB, he reflects your stuff, or simply hits it with his huge disjoints to get rid of them, and has enough range/power/disjoint/projectiles to make it rough for Duckhuny to take him physically. I lost that one.
Game 2 I got Mewtwo, and though I have never practiced with him (I haven't purchased him), I somehow landed combos. Then I managed to Spike my opponent and I won that one.
And Game 3 I got Sheik. Long story short, I edgeguarded him to death and won.

I think I may officially main Random now. ♥

Oh... Um... Hai!

I see nothing has changed....

*awkward silence*

Yeah! So my whole life got flipped on it's head and so I basically had to take a break from everything to take care of family issues...

Of course everyone misses me,
Right? ;-;

(Oh yeah, I'm back, for those of you who couldn't take the hint.)
I think I remember you. At least I know I remember your sig.

Whatever the case, I hope you're feeling better c:

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
There are about 4 Ikes in the universe.

That's the key. Gorls, stop using Zelda in tournaments and lose online so Zelda can ping Sakurai's buff radar.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I completely forgot about Ike getting more buffs, I need to check these out.
Ok aside from jab linking properly now (which is pretty huge in itself) I'm not entirely sure what's different. Is dash attack faster/stronger? I don't recall what it was like prepatch, though the 14% hitbox does kill pretty hard.

I'm kind of torn on ftilt's change, it's nice that it's faster but it's still within human reaction time to powershield and its knockback seems lesser.

Speaking of jabs linking properly now, Lucario's jab is finally usable
go get'em with the power of aura :4lucario:

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Ok seriously considering making Roy a secondary now.

Does anyone else think that his idle pose is like a taunt? No? Ok...

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Does anyone else think that his idle pose is like a taunt? No? Ok...
Oh hey it's not just me

I was watching Bunzy's stream earlier and every time I'd be like "Wow what's with the disrespectful taunti-oh that's just his idle pose, okay"

Rizen

Smash Legend
Ugh, I'm having terrible stage luck on Allstar right now. I'm trying to beat it on Hard with every character but the ones I'm bad at are a real pain; Samus' hit boxes and KO power are crud. Having 3 new characters makes it harder, especially since Lucas and Roy were added to the 2001-2006 phase with several characters who's attacks aren't nerfed in allstar because they're range attacks.
The stages make a huge difference on how easy it is. CPUs are suckers on walk off stages since you can bait them to approach then grab>bthrow or roll behind and Fsmash. The bad stages let them live forever like Skyworld or have random stage hazards like Gamer, Port Town, Garden of Hope, Pokemon league etc. I got killed as Samus at 40% my a Ray-something (that big green dragon like electric pokemon that Fox and Diddy fought in Subspace). I didn't even know it could appear. Time to call it a day for allstar.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
So Roy's sweetspot Fsmash can apparently KO Lucas in the 60s with max rage.

That was a surprise.

EDIT: WHY IS IT SO STRONG

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Ok aside from jab linking properly now (which is pretty huge in itself) I'm not entirely sure what's different. Is dash attack faster/stronger? I don't recall what it was like prepatch, though the 14% hitbox does kill pretty hard.

I'm kind of torn on ftilt's change, it's nice that it's faster but it's still within human reaction time to powershield and its knockback seems lesser.

Speaking of jabs linking properly now, Lucario's jab is finally usable
go get'em with the power of aura :4lucario:
His FAir also got a range increase (or at least a fix to match the hitboxes). Dash attack not only had its speed increased but its power buffed too. Apparently Quick Draw got a startup buff. Patch steroids.

I think the worst nerf this patch (for the Wii U version) is the nerf to the CSS screen layout.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Ike got buffs?

WELL WELL WELL

LOOK WHO'S NOT MAINING THE BOTTOM OF THE BARREL NOW

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I feel like Dedede got buffed in this patch too by not being Falco.
Hey, but Falco got a windbox this patch. Windboxes make every character top tier. I actually wonder which characters lack windboxes on all their moves now, huh.

I lost a match as Ryu to an USmash-happy Lucas. Kinda felt stupid afterward tbh.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I feel like Dedede got buffed in this patch too by not being Falco.
Lavani you're not supposed to be awake at this time.

You're ruining my alone time to hate on Dark Pit.

Or as I call him, Falco Pit.

Top Bottom