• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Just fought a good Captain Falcon player on FG who DI'd my n-air > FW twice. He avoided the 2nd hit of Farore's completely once and got hit by the sour spot the other time.

Well, there goes all the optimism I never had :secretkpop:

At least I KO'd him around 100% or so with upsmash
Isn't nair>usmash more reliable? I haven't tested any of the new nair shenanigans so I can't really confirm it.

I think nair>dtilt>usmash is a thing, too.

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
*reads @ r_greening1 r_greening1 post a million years ago*
me: sweet now i can escape for shame!
mom:yo gonna do stuff for me
*million years later*
me: now I'm done and ready for that battle
Friend:yo gonna come over for muh birthday
mfw

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Just fought a good Captain Falcon player on FG who DI'd my n-air > FW twice. He avoided the 2nd hit of Farore's completely once and got hit by the sour spot the other time.

Well, there goes all the optimism I never had :secretkpop:

At least I KO'd him around 100% or so with upsmash
You can still get the second hit if you aim it right. That has never changed =3

I made a post about it a few days ago but I need to amend it since it was lacking in detail/somewhat incorrect.

Last edited:

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Isn't nair>usmash more reliable? I haven't tested any of the new nair shenanigans so I can't really confirm it.

I think nair>dtilt>usmash is a thing, too.
New BNB gorls. Learn it. Love it. 26% and works at pretty much until really high %s (around 80-90% is when d-tilt pops too high to true combo on marth)
It depends on height. Short character you need to pop them up with down tilt otherwise just go for nair → up smash. If you have to down tilt for the up smash to connect then you will have issues setting this up as a kill combo since it stops being a true combo around the same time that it starts killing.

Last edited:
No kidding, I'd rather get Type-0, Final Fantasy XV, and the new Dissidia game instead. Oh, and not to mention Zelda Wii U, MGSV:TP, and more. :p
That's not what I meant

The news lacked a reliable source (I'd probably avoid buying it though because they'll probably **** it up somehow)

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
That's not what I meant

The news lacked a reliable source (I'd probably avoid buying it though because they'll probably **** it up somehow)
Oh, that? I think Siliconera like a ton of gaming news... stuff... Anyway, I bet Siliconera is at E3 right now. There's GameSpot's article on it: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps4-hd-final-fantasy-7-remake-reports-emerge-ahead/1100-6428103/, which just reiterates Siliconera and the Neogaf thing. Well, whatever. Time will tell.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I love how classic SF Ryu combos actually work in this game:

cr. L -> cr. M -> Shoryuken = :GCD::GCA:(light) ->:GCD::GCA:(heavy) -> :GCR::GCD::GCDR::GCA:
Focus Attack LV3 -> FADC -> Focus Attack LV1 -> FADC -> Shinku Hadouken = :GCD::GCB:(hold) ->:GCR::GCR: -> :GCD::GCB: -> :GCR::GCR: -> :GCB:(Final Smash)
cr. L -> cr. M -> Shakunetsu -> Shinku Hadouken= :GCD::GCA:(light) ->:GCD::GCA:(heavy) -> :GCL::GCDL::GCD::GCDR::GCR::GCA: -> :GCB:(Final Smash)

And new combo that kills decently early if you can charge the Focus Attack long enough LOL
Focus Attack LV3 -> FADC -> Focus Attack LV1 -> FADC -> Jump -> Tatsumaki Senpukyaku= :GCD::GCB:(hold) ->:GCR::GCR: -> :GCD::GCB: -> :GCR::GCR: -> :GCY: -> :GCD::GCDL::GCL::GCA:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Played my first 1.0.8 FG today, I literally still feel like I'm dreaming with this Usmahs buff (Only b/c it's literally the one thing I asked for that I thought possible.)

Plenty, of Ryus, of varying skill. It seems like people are still lacking in confidence with him atm and switch off him, though.

One match I played a Kirby and got two Usmash KOs on him in one battle, both around the 100% mark. :D I also played a semi-good player, (Well...For FG) who eventually went Mac, was losing because he was getting just around my attacks and slapping me with smashes. Got over 100% vs his 50% and Lelevator fraudulence B Y E. :secretkpop: Second stock was an Usmash KO too! Usmash was on fire today for me.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I wish they could've changed Usmash's sound effects too. In Brawl it sounded really powerful; the new sparkly sounds don't do it justice anymore.

I'm still getting used to it killing again. I got a fraud KO on a Lucas in the early 100s yesterday at about 60% rage.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I wish they could've changed Usmash's sound effects too. In Brawl it sounded really powerful; the new sparkly sounds don't do it justice anymore.

I'm still getting used to it killing again. I got a fraud KO on a Lucas in the early 100s yesterday at about 60% rage.
New Usmash twinkles sound > Brawl's woodchipper explosion noises

But in all seriousness I actually really like the new sounds for Usmash, and her other attacks as well for that matter. TThey mostly seem a little more magic-y sounding to how I'd imagine Zelda's magic.

Last edited:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Ryu is so insane, you literally don't need to master True SRK because he racks up damage and kills stupidly early.

Why is jab 1 a hit confirm fo SRK? The power my God.

Roy is also becoming my secondary since he's similar to MK, both are ground fighters. Roy ****ing kills so early, i killed MM at 85% why???? I was getting bopped by Pikachu yet i made a comeback why????

Then MK got buffed,Falcon got slightly nerfed, college is finishing this week, party happening next week.

me gusta!!

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Ryu is so insane, you literally don't need to master True SRK because he racks up damage and kills stupidly early.

Why is jab 1 a hit confirm fo SRK? The power my God.

Roy is also becoming my secondary since he's similar to MK, both are ground fighters. Roy ****ing kills so early, i killed MM at 85% why???? I was getting bopped by Pikachu yet i made a comeback why????

Then MK got buffed,Falcon got slightly nerfed, college is finishing this week, party happening next week.

me gusta!!
help me i can't kill with Ryu T.T

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
New Usmash twinkles sound > Brawl's woodchipper explosion noises

But in all seriousness I actually really like the new sounds for Usmash, and her other attacks as well for that matter. TThey mostly seem a little more magic-y sounding to how I'd imagine Zelda's magic.
"Woodchiper noises" :joyful:

It just...doesn't have that kick it used to. Maybe I'm just weird.:p The other sounds are ok, it's just the Usmash that bothers me (only because it's actually strong now).

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
And do people really think Zelda is not bad now because up smash kills and she can unreliably combo out of n air?

Some of us have never claimed to thinking she ins't bad now b/c of a couple small buffs. I think we're just happy to have actually gotten something more substantial than 10 extra shielding frames for Phantom, or 0.7% extra damage on Utilt.

Even if some gorls were...Over hyping Zelda's new buffs a little.

But our Usmash does KO only 1% later than Palutena's strong Usmash hit now. :secretkpop:

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
The struggles of a Mega Main.

I did some stat testing last night, Ryu's walk is really slow. Like, Ganon levels of slow.
YES. IT IS. And I didn't notice it until you pointed it out, but that's the main reason why I can't approach. I was like, "his mobility isn't bad... so why am I having so much trouble?"

So, what am I supposed to do? How does he midrange? I can long range well, and get in when people mess up navigating Hadokens, but if someone is standing outside of Cr. M pellet range What do I do? The best characters have good midrange games and can approach.

I think my answer lies in watching streetfighter tournament videos of Ryu.

Wow. Yoshi's Island's boundaries in 3DS are messed up. I KO'd Mario with Smash art N-air > Air slash at 54% from his starting position.

If you Shulks are getting funny ideas with smash art combos, have fun actually trying to use Smash art at neutral

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Over the weekend I did a test & my previous post regarding aiming the Elevator was sort of incorrect (in a way). So here's me trying to fix that =3

Where to land after the Elevator if the opponent DI's the 1st hit away from Zelda (somewhere in the green) or towards Zelda/no DI but first hit just barely connects (yellow). Done by holding up on the control stick, then shifting it slightly left or right (in between notches on GCC). The later you move the left or right the less horizontal movement Zelda does.

image.jpg

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
The DLC characters... All of their sound effects are just fun. Lucas's D-throw is just so wacky with the "plank" sound effect, his Side Smash is so woody sounding, and his PK sound effects are weird... I don't know how to describe it other than maybe like little metal things clinking with each other, Ryu sounds like he's breaking people's bones every time he hits someone, and Roy's sword sound effects sound like a metal bat. :p

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Gorls do you find Dreamland 64's blast zones to be really small? It might be just me, but I'm finding that elevators and Uair are killing a bit earlier than usual...

Might not be as good of a stage for us than I first thought because low ceiling means we can also die pretty early too. Ledge sides don't exactly make Dtilt edgeguards that easy too, but if anything the side blast zones seem pretty forgiving so we might not be dying horizontally on that stage as much. IDK.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I forgot about that... The more characters are going to get in, the more characters Macchi's going cycle through. :p

i almost forgot im suppose to drink or something everytime macchi switches

also vanilla in the patch thread being all like confurmed-deconfrumed like a lil ***** :secretkpop: (jk i still love you vanilla)

Last edited:
Top Bottom