• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I miss Brawl Samus tbh. I never thought I would have fun using her but I did.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
After watching the Avengers cartoon, I'm convinced that Captain America's shield is not only indestructible but also has the psychic power to make people only aim for the shield and not Cap's body :p

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Highlights of camping.

Huge 20 foot high fire
Talking about which Pokemon we would eat

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
so playing ike on for glory and just using side b wins games

No wonder so many ike players spam this

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
so playing ike on for glory and just using side b wins games

No wonder so many ike players spam this
I've rarely fought Ikes. One time was against a friend of mine a while ago when I was practicing Mario. He always plays alot of the Heavyweights (Mainly DDD and sometimes DK), but he also does play a bit of MK too.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
not really a matter of characters (though it is in macchis case) but i think its because of how shallow the game is, and how easy it is to pick up. i dont really mind this, as it relies less on tech skill, but more on reading skill. its all preference really, but there is some jank stuff in this game
Speaking for myself more than anything when I said that.

My problem is that no one is fun to play as in this game.

Kind of hard to have fun with a game when none of the characters are fun to use.

This will all change if/once Wolf returns.

Once that happens, than the game won't be dead (to me) anymore.

E3 can't come soon enough.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
>Played best online Zelda game of my life
>No replay space
>Cri

Also why is my approx. Day 1 Ness better than like all of my other characters? o_O

Picked up Mii Gunner two days ago. So much fun, though I still need to adjust to this playstyle. Seems very reliant on specials. F-air is life and all the other aerials sans d-air are great as well. F-smash and D-smash are cool.

Also there should be a Mii Mage so that my Silver the Hedgemii can get something more fitting.

Using Swordfighter some more as well. I used Stone Scabbard as my Up B for the first time since dismissing it without testing and it's surprisingly good imo. The vertical distance is solid and the ledge mechanics make it not too risky of a recovery. Can be used after a jab cancel as well like Hero's Spin, though it won't kill usually. Also excellent at keeping out of juggles.

Greninja is feeling great for me lately! Sometimes I feel like aMSa after matches. Getting more sh f-airs in, making more use out of N-air combos, getting better control of Hydro Pump and becoming more bait-and-punish-y with him like I should have been. Alpharad's video on Tunnel Vision really helped me out with Greninja tbh. Loving him right now.

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533

Kind of hard to have fun with a game when none of the characters are fun to use.

Well of course, but I'd have to disagree with how there's no fun character to play, but you know, that's pure opinion

I actually think wolf is 99% sure getting in, it just seemed all wrong when they cut him. And I never really played him.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Anybody feeling like Smash 4 is a little boring because there weren't much changes between that game and Brawl ?

I mean, from Melee to Brawl you had a huge change in the physcis of the game, for the better or for the worst, that's for everyone to determine on their own. But from Brawl to SSB4 they just sped up the game a little bit. And I mean, that's not entirely true either. While you can actually kill people now, there's a huge problem with the overall reduction of damage and range most characters suffered, as well as the general lag increase. You can kill people now, but it generally takes longer for you to get to that point since attacks are less powerful.

Am I the only one feeling that way ?

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070

I agree, Wolf was probably the most fun character in Brawl imo.

But as of now, since Sheik is pretty much best and most annoyingly boring character in the game (Still wish for her to get nerfed). It's pretty much just FTilt and FAir spam the game with her. :V

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Anybody feeling like Smash 4 is a little boring because there weren't much changes between that game and Brawl ?

I mean, from Melee to Brawl you had a huge change in the physcis of the game, for the better or for the worst, that's for everyone to determine on their own. But from Brawl to SSB4 they just sped up the game a little bit. And I mean, that's not entirely true either. While you can actually kill people now, there's a huge problem with the overall reduction of damage and range most characters suffered, as well as the general lag increase. You can kill people now, but it generally takes longer for you to get to that point since attacks are less powerful.

The way I see it smash 4 is nothing but an upgrade.

The only thing I miss are maybe the crisp animations and maybe the art style

Other than that, if you found brawl fun and find it's the same as smash 4, how is it more boring I guess

By all means its smash bros for me. And smash bros is one heck of a fun game to play, regardless which one you play

Last edited:

Trieste SP

Smash Champion

A bit. Yes. Although, it may just be me. Maybe I'm just a bit tired with the series as a whole.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Well of course, but I'd have to disagree with how there's no fun character to play, but you know, that's pure opinion

I actually think wolf is 99% sure getting in, it just seemed all wrong when they cut him. And I never really played him.
Oh it's definitely pure opinion.

I've seen people main 2/3 of the cast in this game and then you got me with no one so it definitely fluctuates.

Wolf is definitely 99.9% getting in.

Lucas basically shutdown every argument against his inclusion so now it's only a matter of time until he returns.

Literally the only reason he won't get in is because of developer bias/they have some sort of intense hatred against him.

I personally blame Star Fox Wii U advertising for the cut more than anything.

Or they're just trying to get more money out of me.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Yeah, different but honestly not a whole lot...

I just miss Peach's range. At least she has kill power now but meh.

And my biggest gripe is probably how they managed to make Samus and Zelda even worse than in Brawl.

Last edited:

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
Oh it's definitely pure opinion.

I've seen people main 2/3 of the cast in this game and then you got me with no one so it definitely fluctuates.

Wolf is definitely 99.9% getting in.

Lucas basically shutdown every argument against his inclusion so now it's only a matter of time until he returns.

Literally the only reason he won't get in is because of developer bias/they have some sort of intense hatred against him.

I personally blame Star Fox Wii U advertising for the cut more than anything.

Or they're just trying to get more money out of me.

I couldn't help it. I swear.

Last edited:

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
It's fine. Have some MadoHomu again. :yeahboi:

Not posting that MadoSora crap here. That stuff doesn't deserve to be here. :3

Also, should I post a screenshot from a Gintama episode? :3
Lol. You love spoiling me with this kind of stuff simply because of my orientation. XD

And I LOVE Gintama so go right ahead. X3

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Enjoy your hangover waifu. :happysheep:
I actually experienced most of the alcohol effects last night. Waking up pretty fresh today.
Anybody feeling like Smash 4 is a little boring because there weren't much changes between that game and Brawl?
Will have to disagree with you sis. Although the two games do share a similar feel, they play vastly different. Sm4sh is very read and mindgame heavy, despite actually having true combos unlike Brawl, but at the cost of being more random in general. Brawl probably has the most challenging neutral game to play in any smash game, and with stuff like the changes in ledge mechanics and air dodges, I don't think they feel that similar. How characters feel are a different subject with how the overall gameplay feels.

But I mean, either you see Dthrow -> Uair into kill Bthrows the game, or you see chain grabs momentum cancelling the game, your pick. Both make people bored of their respective games for some reason.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Lol. You love spoiling me with this kind of stuff simply because of my orientation. XD

And I LOVE Gintama so go right ahead. X3
What can I say? MadoHomu is the OTP of Madoka. :yeahboi:

^mfw I see either of the following:
- Stickybomb Demos
- Sheiks
- Non OTP stuff. :V

Last edited:

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
I actually experienced most of the alcohol effects last night. Waking up pretty fresh today.
Naughty Naughty.

Stay away from the devil's liquid.

(Lol. Jk. Do what you want.)

What can I say? MadoHomu is the OTP of Madoka. :yeahboi:

^mfw I see either of the following:
- Stickybomb Demos
- Sheiks
- Non OTP stuff. :V
Wow. XD

I JUST watched the last movie last night…. SOOOOO INCREDIBLE.

And Don't even get me started on Grown Up Kagura.:love:

Edit: Totally meant to steal the Page.

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
All this Smash 4 hate going on right now...

while it may not be the best competitive game it's an amazing party game especially with customs on all random.

Weird that the intended party aspect of Smash 4 was probably the least suited for parties.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
All this Smash 4 hate going on right now...

while it may not be the best competitive game it's an amazing party game especially with customs on all random.

Weird that the intended party aspect of Smash 4 was probably the least suited for parties.
So Smash 4 is having the exact same moments as it did with Brawl?

Also. One more for @ Tilk Tilk . If you want the sauce, you can find them on dynasty-scans. Some of the stuff is NSFW though. So no links. owo

Last edited:
Top Bottom