• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
wow I was getting to it

Surprised at Rosa/Ness being so high
Ike in A what
Robin/Shulk/DK as high as they are and all three above Lucario seems sketchy to me. Lucario's limited but I can't see him as worse than them
I like how Swordfighter is the highest-ranked Mii. I guess I don't recall offhand what 1111 Gunner was like, though.
Falco's rank is fine imo :^)
I'm just mad no one was happy for my internet **** adboards

because of @san. 's and Ryo's Ike I now place him in my "really good but no constant footage of them kicking butt" aka Peach/Greninja/Pacman

I might be underestimating Lucario (darn FG)

Swordfighter is the one Mii who is the least carried by his specials and is the only 1111 Mii to actually win tourneys that I know

I thought I was the only one about Falco :^)

Zelda second to last? I think that's very generous.
What the fudge are squidboards btw?
Like have you played Samus?
I did after Macci spewed all of that grime on her, and wow I didn't think a character was allowed to be that bad :/

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Ike is really good ok

Everyone except four people just suck with him. Like Palutena I guess?

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
What happened to Swordfighter? Were they buffed or what? I remember s/he was like the only character who some put below Zelda.

edit: I love my timing. ^

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
What happened to Swordfighter? Were they buffed or what? I remember s/he was like the only character who some put below Zelda.

edit: I love my timing. ^
yes he did get buffed
N-air went from 5% to 8%
D-tilt went from 5% to 8%
Hero's Spind went from 12%-14%

People have a better opinion on Swordfighter because of Trela

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
How do you wise Zeldas feel about the Mewtwo matchup?
I've never had any sort of trouble with one but I'm pretty sure I've never played a good one. Does anyone even know how to Mew their Twos?

I love the Zelda vs Zorldo write up in the matchup thread. It's beyond perfect

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I'm trying to convince the Swordspiders to have Zelda MU discussion because low tier buddies.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
this thread be like

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Default Gunner is decent. Charge Blast/Flame Pillar/Lunar Launch/Reflector is a usable set and mobility isn't awful. Grenades define the character in most MUs, though.

I used to think Ike was better but he has a hard time really getting in. His aerial mobility is dang good, though, and he has decent power. He's just so sketchy at edgeguarding without Tempest because all his aerials have super long animations.

Samus has some good buttons but bad physics.

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
Default gunner fits me just fine solely because I've had excessive labtime with it and so I don't become resilient on explosives.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Default gunner fits me just fine solely because I've had excessive labtime with it and so I don't become resilient on explosives.
I think you mean "reliant" :p

But yeah, I need to play around with default Gunner more, mainly to get a better handle on his normals.

EDIT: Ike's BAir is fine onstage, but try and edgeguard with it/use it offstage and you'll see what I mean.

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
@ Alacion Alacion is a 31 HP / 31 Def / 31 SpA / 31 SpD Amoonguss good? I just bred one and got a 4IV Relaxed Foongus w/ Regenerator.
Sorry, was at work. That's all you need since it has no need for Att or Speed. Regenerator is the only ability it needs too. Hf with all the salt you'll create with Amoonguss and hope nobody out there has safety goggles :D

Soul.

Sorry, was at work. That's all you need since it has no need for Att or Speed. Regenerator is the only ability it needs too. Hf with all the salt you'll create with Amoonguss and hope nobody out there has safety goggles :D
Noice. So I'll start EV training it now then. Rage Powder salt.

Soul.

Typical Rage Powder, Spore, Protect, Giga Drain? Guessing a Rocky Helmet with full investment in def and hp?
Precisely. I'd opt for Sitrus but Regenerator/Giga Drain already lets it recover HP, and I think Rocky Helmet is better.

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
I think you mean "reliant" :p

But yeah, I need to play around with default Gunner more, mainly to get a better handle on his normals.

EDIT: Ike's BAir is fine onstage, but try and edgeguard with it/use it offstage and you'll see what I mean.
*rereads* D'oh.

Yeah, I meant that. My brain tends to shut off past midnight so I forget to proofread.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I'll wifi if anyone wants?
I'll give you some games tomor- I mean, evening today (so like 18 hours).

Hangovers are just dehydration. Drink plenty of water and you'll be fine. Aside from all the trips to the bathroom to relieve yourself, anyway.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Precisely. I'd opt for Sitrus but Regenerator/Giga Drain already lets it recover HP, and I think Rocky Helmet is better.
I'd rather save a Sitrus for almost anything else. Rocky Helmet is amazing esp. when a M.Kang hits you.

Wolfe Glick ran eject button on his a couple weeks ago in his Perish Trap team.

Soul.

I'd rather save a Sitrus for almost anything else. Rocky Helmet is amazing esp. when a M.Kang hits you.

Wolfe Glick ran eject button on his a couple weeks ago in his Perish Trap team.
Which item do you think I should use? Like, which one is most balanced? Kangaskhan is still common so I thought Rocky Helmet; Eject Button doesn't seem bad, but I don't know its purpose on Amoonguss. Finding out the Pokémon in the back I guess? Sitrus seems like the most balanced of all three.

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Which item do you think I should use? Like, which one is most balanced? Kangaskhan is still common so I thought Rocky Helmet; Eject Button doesn't seem bad, but I don't know its purpose on Amoonguss. Finding out the Pokémon in the back I guess? Sitrus seems like the most balanced of all three.
The thing is Sitrus is helpful for a large number of Pokes from attackers to walls which is exactly why I'd save it for another Poke. Rocky Helmet is really good for walls like Amoonguss, Cress, and maybe Suicune. Eject Button switches yourself out so it works well for Wolfey because his playstyle revolves around switching out. I only really see Eject Button on Politoed and even then it's rare.

Tl;dr Rocky Helmet on Amoonguss.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
If only Aero did Samus's frame data by now... Just her hit frames, no end lag, IASA, or landing lag.

I'm in cynical, pessimistic, and broken down mode, so I think Falco's the worst character in the game now. So... yeah. If you go 40-60, 50-50 for the cast while getting destroyed by Rosalina, Palutena, and probably Jigglypuff, there's a point where you should just pick another character who at least can be a counterpick like Zelda versus er... Sheik and Rosalina? Falco doesn't have an advantage over Ganondorf and Little Mac probably just goes even with him - no, Falco's edgeguarding gets beat by Little Mac's.
whut

I've been at BAM7.

Speaking of which, a 16 year old girl won BAM7 and netted herself $1380 for playing smash for 2 days.

Pretty impressive.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
missed this
Like have you played Samus?
I did after Macci spewed all of that grime on her, and wow I didn't think a character was allowed to be that bad :/
Wait what grime? I wanna see.

Samus feels awful but I've never been able to play her in any game so naturally I assumed she's better than Zelda.

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Suddenly I want to use him even more.
Me and falcon have a love-hate relationship

I love his playstyle and moveset, he's super fun to play, but he's a pain to play against and he's overused and annoying

He fits my playstyle so well but I hate him at the same time

Top Bottom