• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
I'm reading the ruleset poll results and wtf why do people want Luigi's Mansion to be legal? I can defz see Skyloft, Wuhu, even stupid Pilotwings being counterpick stages. And as much as I loved LM in Brawl, it was banworthy then, and the stage is SO MUCH WORSE now. The new physics and decreased size of the stage makes it so BS why would anyone make it legal? :217:
When brawl first started, Luigi's mansion was a cp and it was one of my favorites :D D-tilt lock even when they fly up becaus the roof knocked them back down :'C RIP

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I'm reading the ruleset poll results and wtf why do people want Luigi's Mansion to be legal? I can defz see Skyloft, Wuhu, even stupid Pilotwings being counterpick stages. And as much as I loved LM in Brawl, it was banworthy then, and the stage is SO MUCH WORSE now. The new physics and decreased size of the stage makes it so BS why would anyone make it legal? :217:
Probably because of the fact the main reason it was banned (The caves of life) are destructible, and because no one gave it a fair chance in brawl because people were too busy banning things because "lol meta knight."

It really isn't so much a want, but a test. This smash bros have a lot of people wanting to try new things or revisit old things because how hasty brawl was with its metagame. You probably wouldn't have seen custom moves legal in brawl ever.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
When brawl first started, Luigi's mansion was a cp and it was one of my favorites :D D-tilt lock even when they fly up becaus the roof knocked them back down :'C RIP
I WAS A DERPY MIDDLE SCHOOL KID AND ALWAYS CHOSE LUIGI'S MANSION IN BRAWL WHEN I USED ZELDA AND CALLED IT ZELDA'S MANSION BECAUSE SHE WAS SO GOOD IN IT OMG

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Lastly, overrated overall is a silly word. It isn't actually criticism. All it is is "I don't care for this game, a lot of people do, so therefore it sucks." I mean, really the word overrated exists just so people can have fights. This isn't really directed at you though.
Got it out your system higglebottom, could have tagged me instead of doing it like this.
I don't care about voice chat at all so whether Splatoon has it or not doesn't matter for me.
When I play games involving teamwork I like to you know 'talk' or come up with ideas mid game. Playing online all by yourself is probably why you dont care, but when I play something like COD and BF I like talking with my friends be it trash talking, making jokes or actually informing each other about whats going on in game.

Spaltoon will probably not sell that spectacular, I can see alot of MK8 customoers jumping on this like Sm4sh. We'll see what this overr- oopsie, we'll see how well splatoon will do when it comes out.

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
I think I'm done with smash 4 once Splatoon comes out. The balance of this game needs some serious adjustments that it won't be getting anytime soon and that is honestly killing the game for me. There are so many easy mode characters that clearly need nerfs but Sakurai is busy nerfing things like Zelda's Phantom recast because why not? I guess the move is pretty amazing, you only have like 30 seconds to react or you're toast! You already weakened half of her moveset + tacking on end lag to aerials, gave our old up smash to Mega Man while reducing ours to garbage, replaced our top tier button with a blind phantom, and made the worst projectile in the game even worse somehow. Hell, you honestly couldn't have done a worse job with this character. You really don't even need to nerf anyone. Just buff the characters that are struggling for affection of a clueless creator.

PS: our customs are garbage also with the exception of 2 of them. :happysheep:

#deardiary
I wish I could like this more than once.

I'd like it 9002 times if I could.

What kills the game for me is that there aren't any characters that are fun to play as.

Zelda was "fun" (read:only used her so I could actually play the game) for a while because purple color, but then the nerfs started to kick in, then I played brawl to play as Wolf again, tried Zelda for one round and that pretty much sealed the deal.

Now if Wolf or some other good newcomer arrives via DLC then I'll jump back in but as it stands, I'm not touching it anymore.

Haven't played it since the end of April, and if no good characters pop up from DLC, I'll never touch it again.

Rizen

Smash Legend
A lot of stages seem good except for how competitive play makes running away frequently the smartest strategy. Circle camping and avoidance on large stages being unbeatable by less mobile characters is reason enough to ban those stages.

I have the Wonderful 101 but never gave it much of a chance. Maybe I should have but I never felt the urge to; it wasn't fun enough to work through.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Splatoon is overrated, I can already see holes in the game that'll kill the enjoyment because nintendo sucks at doing online games correctly. I don't think the game itself sucks, its just nintendo are *** when it comes to online games(looks at sm4sh).

Im having the most fun in default and default ONLY, customs is hella stupid and its sad seeing it get so much love even though its basically MvC3. I can write a wall of bull**** MK has to deal with in customs but it won't cool down my hate for it.

If customs replace defaults I would drop the game. If my scene gets rid of defaults I'll go wifi warrior mode.
All this right here, especially the customs.

Also DLC characters don't get custom moves so if you main them they're at a disadvantage if customs are on.

Online is good for something; an escape from customs.

Wish I could like this 8000 times.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
When I play games involving teamwork I like to you know 'talk' or come up with ideas mid game. Playing online all by yourself is probably why you dont care, but when I play something like COD and BF I like talking with my friends be it trash talking, making jokes or actually informing each other about whats going on in game.

Spaltoon will probably not sell that spectacular, I can see alot of MK8 customoers jumping on this like Sm4sh. We'll see what this overr- oopsie, we'll see how well splatoon will do when it comes out.
When I want to talk with my friends online while playing I just try to use an alternative way of doing so if it's not available for it, like when I played Magicka or Castle Crashers with my friends. Really if you want to talk with your friends while you're playing you can just use Skype. Lack of voice chat seems to be a really small thing to complain about.

Also I don't think Splatoon will sell badly at all, according to what I've seen so far:

"By 10 May 2015 (nearly three weeks before release) Splatoon has taken the #1 spot in all of the games on Amazon Spain. It's also the #11 on Amazon UK, while the amiibo bundle is in the top 10. On Amazon Japan, Splatoon is sitting in the 1, 2 and 3 spots in gaming overall. Amazon France has the game at #3 and Amazon Germany has it in the top 20. In America it's #16, though that's mainly due to the fact that it's lumped in with peripherals and gift cards; limited to actual games it's #6."

There's clearly a lot of interest in the game.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
I'm back.

All this right here, especially the customs.

Also DLC characters don't get custom moves so if you main them they're at a disadvantage if customs are on.
Customs, to me is like a double edged sword. There are a lot of good things that come with customs but there are also some customs that I sincerely hate.

I don't know why Sakurai decided to not give DLC characters customs. It's probably because it takes too much time to implement them. It definitely put the DLC characters in a disadvantage.

Personally, I like dealing with them. But, I still hold the same view the Japanese have with custom moves.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I don't know how to feel about this. On one hand, you are right about Splatoon not being overrated, on the other hand, you are wrong about it "sell like trash."

Honestly though, it is going to sell well compared to the likes of Codename Steam and W101 for two reasons.

1. People are actually talking about it. Just, look up all the youtubers who decided to join in the testfire, and expressing their thoughts on the direct, etc. They actually cared enough about it unlike Codename Steam which barely anyone batted an eye.

2. People are enjoying it after playing it. Like people are really happy. Some people who don't enjoy shooters at all say they enjoy it. I don't hear many negative things from reviews. The only thing I did hear was from IGN about the lack of voice chat,but even then they said they loved it. This unlike Codename steam where people didn't like the artstyle or how long it takes for the enemies to take their turn, or w101 apparently being complicated.

Honestly, Nintendo actually did well advertising it for a change. With the tumblr, an actually good direct, and the all the events, people have found ways to get excited for this game. Even with all the hiccups along the way. It may not do amazing, but I can see it doing well enough for something like a sequel.

Lastly, overrated overall is a silly word. It isn't actually criticism. All it is is "I don't care for this game, a lot of people do, so therefore it sucks." I mean, really the word overrated exists just so people can have fights. This isn't really directed at you though.
I'm only cynical about sales because the WiiU in general has rarely had any games that have sold somewhat well. Even Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, and Bayonetta 2 suffered in that area. Splatoon is a new IP, so it doesn't have an advantage in that area either.

You're right though in that Nintendo is actually attempting to push this game and that the reaction to it has been largely positive. So I should be hopeful. I guess we'll have to see. I'm getting the game on launch day and I don't want it to be like Dr. Luigi, Black Ops 2, or the frantic item lobbies in Mario kart 8; dead online after a few months.

And wonderful 101 selling so badly was a real shame. It was the main reason I got a Wii U and it didn't disappoint at all.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
When I want to talk with my friends online while playing I just try to use an alternative way of doing so if it's not available for it, like when I played Magicka or Castle Crashers with my friends. Really if you want to talk with your friends while you're playing you can just use Skype. Lack of voice chat seems to be a really small thing to complain about.
Skype is so busted dude, prefer not using that. I'm not making this into big thing, its just something that pushes me away from buying this game.

I've lost interest in nintendo over the years: Mario i rarely play, Galaxy was amazing so i ended on a good note, Kirby sucks, Pokemon is milked and plain,F-Zero will never come back.

Legend of Zelda hasn't gone stale and i look forward to only that game. Splatoon might sell well for the Wii U but overall it ill be 'meh'.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Wonderful 101 is the business, glad I bought it.
Also, I played a few matches with :4villager: and the two things that stuck out to me the most were Pocket and his grabs. Holy **** all that invincibility on Pocket I love it, I can imaging a person's face when I just bypassed their kill move all day, and my god his grabs are so slow, there is no need for them to be this slow.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
http://smashboards.com/rankings/smash-wii-u.8/league/teams
So apparently Zelda is the least used non-Mii, non-DLC character in tourneys.... how the heck is she so unpopular?
Because they're in denial and don't want to acknowledge the best Queen.

And just like what @ Trieste SP Trieste SP said. But @ Nairo Nairo makes her work really well. If I wasn't too focused in using Lucina and Bowser, I'd definitely go and improve on her much more. :V

Wonderful 101 is the business, glad I bought it.
I remember watching an LP of Wonderful 101 by someone named ChipCheezum and Ironicus. It was really fun to watch.

Last edited:

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Because they're in denial and don't want to acknowledge the best Queen.

And just like what @ Trieste SP Trieste SP said. But @ Nairo Nairo makes her work really well. If I wasn't too focused in using Lucina and Bowser, I'd definitely go and improve on her much more. :V
@ Nairo Nairo barely uses her in tournaments anymore. The most I've seen of his Zelda is on his streams. When, the rotation comes, I'm just going to use her as my main in doubles.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
@ FullMoon FullMoon
Bever will I fight you on halberd again. Up throw up air killing at 10% lol.

Ggs regardless. Especially that second game. You're still the slightly better player imo
60% up-air kill ftw

Also you getting stuck in the under side of the ship lol. I also didn't realize the trampoline was still active when I fell into it again.

I really wouldn't be able to play Pac well, seeing you bring me to like 130% and being unable to kill me just to get KO'd by a F-Air at like 70% was just sad, I get way too anxious seeing people get to high percentages like that.

Also D-Tilt sends the hydrant flying at a really good angle as I found out =V

And speaking of F-Air I'm getting a lot of early kills with it recently

Last edited:

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
60% up-air kill ftw

Also you getting stuck in the under side of the ship lol. I also didn't realize the trampoline was still active when I fell into it again.

I really wouldn't be able to play Pac well, seeing you bring me to like 130% and being unable to kill me just to get KO'd by a F-Air at like 70% was just sad, I get way too anxious seeing people get to really percentages like that.

Also D-Tilt sends the hydrant flying at a really good angle as I found out =V

And speaking of F-Air I'm getting a lot of early kills with it recently

Finding kill confirms with Pac-Man is hard. The only ones that I can safely pull off in nuetral are fruit gushing tricks, but that's hard when someone is jumping on you all match lol.

Pac's customs certainly help with killing, but I have very little experience with them outside of just labbing. Not many people play with customs on the ladder :^(

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Finding kill confirms with Pac-Man is hard. The only ones that I can safely pull off in nuetral are fruit gushing tricks, but that's hard when someone is jumping on you all match lol.

Pac's customs certainly help with killing, but I have very little experience with them outside of just labbing. Not many people play with customs on the ladder :^(
Yeah you really struggled to get kills in. At least Greninja has Up-Throw if the opponent is living for too long and he has a good dashgrab to rely on unlike Pac

I've been getting better at fighting Pac-Man lately, I even managed to beat zage (2nd in the ladder right now) 2-0 sometime ago.

Last edited:

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Yeah you really struggled to get kills in. At least Greninja has Up-Throw if the opponent is living for too long and he has a good dashgrab to rely on unlike Pac

I've been getting better at fighting Pac-Man lately, I even managed to beat zage (2nd in the ladder right now) 2-0 sometime ago.
Yeah. I know him. He comes into the Pacman thread every now and then. He doesn't like the greninja matchup lol
I actually enjoy it. He was awfully pessimistic about the matchup when we discussed it in the greninja matchup thread a while ago.

Knowing his playstayle, he may have tried to go for style points too often.

Last edited:

Nairo

Banned via Administration
@ Nairo Nairo barely uses her in tournaments anymore. The most I've seen of his Zelda is on his streams. When, the rotation comes, I'm just going to use her as my main in doubles.
I still use her from time to time in tourney (whenever I fight mikekirby/kirby in general actually). I like her vs the floaty/light characters the best. Might use her at the next smash 4ever tho. I think she is good in teams some people focus on the her teammate and forget zelda has a strong teleport in this game lolol

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I still use her from time to time in tourney (whenever I fight mikekirby/kirby in general actually). I like her vs the floaty/light characters the best. Might use her at the next smash 4ever tho. I think she is good in teams some people focus on the her teammate and forget zelda has a strong teleport in this game lolol
Do you think Din's Fire can be used as much as it was in Brawl doubles?

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070

I still need to try and take part in a local tournament. But again, too lazy to even bother.

Plus I feel like I might get bodied during my first time. :3

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
at least Zelda still hasn't lost her role as a teammate. All you need is a nice partner and let Zelda stock tank and Ferrari's Wind into the cluster when necessary.

Top Bottom