• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
@ SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 Get well soon waifu. ;_;

Anyway, I certainly ain't dropping smash wii u yet. I'm in a groove right now. I will be of course play Splatoon, but you can't exactly play competitively until August.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm trying to beat Allstar on hard with every character now. I was having a terrible time with Villager until I though 'why not just spam the tree/axe?'

Soul.

CCI thread is talking about Pika again lol. And customs.
"It's now or never, guys."

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I'm trying to beat Allstar on hard with every character now. I was having a terrible time with Villager until I though 'why not just spam the tree/axe?'
Most characters have some sort of cheese strat you can use to beat All-star fairly easily. It usually involves UTilt. Don't remember what I did for Villager but UTilt is a solid choice anyway.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Pretty sure it wasn't, lol. It never used to go as high as it does now. I could be wrong but I'm fairly certain I'm not.

How do I unpatch to check?
Well, here, let's look at it this way. I made this back in 1.0.2:

Did it get buffed from that?

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Fun fact: the original Japanese name for Aerial Ace is Tsubame Gaeshi (lit. Swallow Return), named after a sword strike fabled to be able to strike down a bird mid-flight. This is why the move is 100% accurate, as well as why Pokemon such as Slowbro, Diglett, Aegislash, and Paras can use Aerial Ace - the attack is meant to be an inescapable cutting motion, but the intent was lost in translation.

wut?

Rizen

Smash Legend
Most characters have some sort of cheese strat you can use to beat All-star fairly easily. It usually involves UTilt. Don't remember what I did for Villager but UTilt is a solid choice anyway.
A good generic strategy is to stand near the side of walk off stages and grab>Bthrow or roll behind the opponents and Fsmash/forward launching attack.
Allstart is much easier if you get good stages. Walkoffs are best and stupid stage hazards or ceilings CPUs can tech are worst.

Classic on 9 is soooo easy with equipment buffs, auto-healer and attack/defense up. I would have gotten the no deaths challenge if not for a stupid SD because I'm tired and it's 4:30 AM. I'll beat it tomorrow. The no equipment 9 challenge is much harder.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing today? :4zelda:

I got my LAN Adapter up and running now. So I might want to go and maybe have a match or two in a bit.

But first, I'm gonna prepare my lunch. :yeahboi:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Splatoon is overrated, I can already see holes in the game that'll kill the enjoyment because nintendo sucks at doing online games correctly. I don't think the game itself sucks, its just nintendo are ass when it comes to online games(looks at sm4sh).

Im having the most fun in default and default ONLY, customs is hella stupid and its sad seeing it get so much love even though its basically MvC3. I can write a wall of bull**** MK has to deal with in customs but it won't cool down my hate for it.

If customs replace defaults I would drop the game. If my scene gets rid of defaults I'll go wifi warrior mode.

Last edited:

Soul.

Splatoon is overrated, I can already see holes in the game that'll kill the enjoyment because nintendo sucks at doing online games correctly. I don't think the game itself sucks, its just nintendo are *** when it comes to online games(looks at sm4sh).

Im having the most fun in default and default ONLY, customs is hella stupid and its sad seeing it get so much love even though its basically MvC3. I can write a wall of bull**** MK has to deal with in customs but it won't cool down my hate for it.

If customs replace defaults I would drop the game. If my scene gets rid of defaults I'll go wifi warrior mode.
My character is still good in default. It becomes cray in jank mode aka customs, where the jank goes, the jank comes back. Some characters are worse in customs which is weird, since they should all have something that lets them stand out in that meta.

Default seems to be the unexplored meta imo. Everyone seems to be focused entirely on customs, but what about the base game? Different specials aren't everything, and it honestly leads to multiple uses of a move. If customs are MvC3 then what is default? UMvC3? lel

#noworneverguys
edit: also agree with the Splatoon part

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I can write a wall of bull**** MK has to deal with in customs but it won't cool down my hate for it.
Not really sure this is a valid... argument? Not sure what you'd call it (grievances, maybe). Technically every character has to deal with the crap that customs bring, it's just that some get more out of it than they lose from others getting things and some get practically nothing. Game & Watch gets minor boosts but I don't think that any of them are true upgrades in all scenarios. Villager gets a lot, I enjoy custom Villager a lot more than default (mainly because of exploding balloons tbh). But then you have characters like Jigglypuff and Meta Knight who get very little. Zelda and Dedede get arguable upgrades but nothing game changing.

My biggest worry about customs not catching on is Miis staying obscure. There's not a real argument about them not being real characters since they DO technically have default sets but customization is their gimmick. Palutena is a lesser case since she gets probably the most out of customs with that "most" being "some pretty serious buffs."

Personally I'm for customs but if they end up losing steam so be it.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Splatoon is overrated, I can already see holes in the game that'll kill the enjoyment because nintendo sucks at doing online games correctly. I don't think the game itself sucks, its just nintendo are *** when it comes to online games(looks at sm4sh).

And those holes are?

warionumbah2

Smash Master
No because certain things effect only MK or effect him more than others.

:4dk:Breaks combo's, hot slap killing early and ledge trap/edgeguard situations being futile because of 1 bloody move.

:4marth::4lucina: Have grab release kills starting at 40%. Its stupid how this MU turned into IC "don't get grabbed". I don't even use these chars but i can blow MKs away by getting them to 40 then spam (pivot)grabs.

:4miibrawl:Can end MKs stock early using down throw --> Fair --> Stupid move. Once again "don't get grabbed". MKs weight and fall speed make it so that its near impossible to DI, such beauty such wow.

Then there's off course more :4villagerf::4mario::4luigi::4fox::4ganondorf::4myfriends::4greninja::4diddy::4sonic::4rob::4palutena:.etc (Yes 'ect' cuz there's more).

Can't beat jan- take that back since some people get irate over that word, lets start over. You can't beat bull**** without bull**** of your own, MK and some others don't have bull**** to fight customs characters.

Other than making bad characters in default actually good, what else is great about the meta?
And those holes are?
Nintendo are too stubborn when it comes to communicating with others online, a game like splatoon should have this feature but nope.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I enjoy a good rant. But I'm tired right now, lol.

Does Splatoon have weird controls? What do you guys think of it?

Holy **** 'the other mother' from Coraline is a chilling concept. I looked up top 10 non-disney animated villains.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Nintendo are too stubborn when it comes to communicating with others online, a game like splatoon should have this feature but nope.
The only problem I have with this is that Nintendo isn't even making Splatoon lol.

So, what are the other holes?

I enjoy a good rant. But I'm tired right now, lol.

Does Splatoon have weird controls? What do you guys think of it?

Holy **** 'the other mother' from Coraline is a chilling concept. I looked up top 10 non-disney animated villains.
Splatoon's controls are fine, both motion and standard dual analog stick controls.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
You mean Voice chat? The problem with that as a flaw is that while yes, it is a horrible thing for Nintendo not to include that...is also would be incredibly inferior to other voice chatting software. No matter what would have happened, if people really cared they would use their own VC software. It is an small option, a small option that is going to cost Nintendo for not putting it in, but still an option that doesn't add as much as people think.

This is also completely leaving out the single player mode.

Last edited:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
The only problem I have with this is that Nintendo isn't even making Splatoon lol.

So, what are the other holes?

Splatoon's controls are fine, both motion and standard dual analog stick controls.
Nice nitpicking sir, g8 banter. Either way im not a fan of being unable to communicate with my team during gameplay.

Another hole? The game not looking appealing at all for me from the get go, there's not many wii u games that interest me might buy a PS4 this year for street fighter 5, tekken7, AC and mortal kombat.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Nice nitpicking sir, g8 banter. Either way im not a fan of being unable to communicate with my team during gameplay.

Another hole? The game not looking appealing at all for me from the get go, there's not many wii u games that interest me might buy a PS4 this year for street fighter 5, tekken7, AC and mortal kombat.
I'm really interested in Tekken 7, but it kinda feels like they're going in the direction of street fighter a bit. "rage arts" I don't like it too much. In Tekken 5 and 6 I mained Asuka. In TTT2 I mained Hwoarang and Asuka. In Tekken 7 I'll either main Lucky Chloe or Asuka. I want to be that guy. Like who wants to lose to an annoying girl in a cat suit faking a japanese accent?

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Well, you tell me.

What did you mean when you said "This is also completely leaving out the single player mode"?
Well, I mean that by saying their is no voice chat, he is leaving out how fun the single player is since Voice chat is only a multiplayer thing.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
My high score on Classic 3DS is at intensity 9.0 with a no equipment Mii Swordfighter.

I think I was using Gale Strike-Chakram-Skyward Slash Dash-Blade Counter

I've also beaten 9.0 with equipment Bowser and no equipment Falcon and Brawler.

Last edited:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
I'm really interested in Tekken 7, but it kinda feels like they're going in the direction of street fighter a bit. "rage arts" I don't like it too much. In Tekken 5 and 6 I mained Asuka. In TTT2 I mained Hwoarang and Asuka. In Tekken 7 I'll either main Lucky Chloe or Asuka. I want to be that guy. Like who wants to lose to an annoying girl in a cat suit faking a japanese accent?
My history with Tekken is shaky, i honed my skills using Jin in Tekken 3 but then he abandoned the mashima martial art for some weaker fodder karate crap. So i ended up using Devil Jin because he keeps the mashima martial art.

They ****ed up Yoshimitsu like omg, now he's called Hentaimtsu. smh

Street fighter 5 is at the top of my 'must buy' list, i waited for PS4 to actually release good games and now i got my wish. I don't think im buying any new Wii U games, maybe just maybe the new Zelda. But by the time its out i'll have a PS4 with sick games AND Sm4sh.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I never actually owned Tekken but 2 of my friends had some of the games. I was decent at Tekken 2 and 3, playing Jin and Yoshimitsu.

I had Street Fighter 2 and used Guile and Dolsim.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Splatoon is about as overrated as Codename steam is. It will sell like trash and only has a vocal small fanbase hyping it up, splatoon and overrated aren't words that should be in the same sentence.

Also Zelda is bottom tier. #Fujinwasright.

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
Ven was definitely Top 3 Zelda in Brawl for sure. I'm kinda biased towards Riot though because he was an inspiration of mine when I started getting into the whole competitive side of Smash (sorry Ven I love you don't worry)
It's fine xD I honestly liked Riot for his doubles play. I always wished I was good at doubles and played cooperatively like he did. As for singles I always like jujux <3

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Splatoon is about as overrated as Codename steam is. It will sell like trash and only has a vocal small fanbase hyping it up, splatoon and overrated aren't words that should be in the same sentence.
I don't know how to feel about this. On one hand, you are right about Splatoon not being overrated, on the other hand, you are wrong about it "sell like trash."

Honestly though, it is going to sell well compared to the likes of Codename Steam and W101 for two reasons.

1. People are actually talking about it. Just, look up all the youtubers who decided to join in the testfire, and expressing their thoughts on the direct, etc. They actually cared enough about it unlike Codename Steam which barely anyone batted an eye.

2. People are enjoying it after playing it. Like people are really happy. Some people who don't enjoy shooters at all say they enjoy it. I don't hear many negative things from reviews. The only thing I did hear was from IGN about the lack of voice chat,but even then they said they loved it. This unlike Codename steam where people didn't like the artstyle or how long it takes for the enemies to take their turn, or w101 apparently being complicated.

Honestly, Nintendo actually did well advertising it for a change. With the tumblr, an actually good direct, and the all the events, people have found ways to get excited for this game. Even with all the hiccups along the way. It may not do amazing, but I can see it doing well enough for something like a sequel.

Lastly, overrated overall is a silly word. It isn't actually criticism. All it is is "I don't care for this game, a lot of people do, so therefore it sucks." I mean, really the word overrated exists just so people can have fights. This isn't really directed at you though.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I'm reading the ruleset poll results and wtf why do people want Luigi's Mansion to be legal? I can defz see Skyloft, Wuhu, even stupid Pilotwings being counterpick stages. And as much as I loved LM in Brawl, it was banworthy then, and the stage is SO MUCH WORSE now. The new physics and decreased size of the stage makes it so BS why would anyone make it legal? :217:

Top Bottom