• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
Speaking of salt and Peach:

When Mario Kart 8 first came out, my mom used to play with me. She wasn't too good and I would always win as Peach. She eventually got tired of seeing Peach's victory wave so she stopped playing, and when I asked her to play one time she said (referring to Peach) "no I fu***** hate that b***h. Gonna chop her hand off - try waving with your stump b***h!"

I was like O_O

My mom's salt > everyone.
LOL have you introduced her to DAISY yet? XD

Rizen

Smash Legend
Wow it's almost midnight. I got home later than I thought.
I'm facepalming for letting a pack of ground beef go bad in my fridge. I try not to waste food :(
/bored

What are the max pixel dimensions for avatars btw?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So I came across this picture of Zelda in a Mario Strikers Charged design and I thought "Imagine Zelda in a soccer game.....Lightning Kicks...". I think she would wreck so much **** in a soccer game.

Last edited by a moderator:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I got too excited today and my inflamed bruise got bigger on my arm. Went to see the ER and they pretty much said that my bursa sac had burst on my elbow. It needs applied pressure for 2-3 months with a wrap or elbow cast for the fluid to go back and fully heal. ; w ;

The doc did say that I can move my arm normally within a week or two, but my arm still needs to be wrapped until the 2-3 months are done. Probably is best to not do any tourneys for Smash for a long time then. :sadsheep:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I got too excited today and my inflamed bruise got bigger on my arm. Went to see the ER and they pretty much said that my bursa sac had burst on my elbow. It needs applied pressure for 2-3 months with a wrap or elbow cast for the fluid to go back and fully heal. ; w ;

The doc did say that I can move my arm normally within a week or two, but my arm still needs to be wrapped until the 2-3 months are done. Probably is best to not do any tourneys for Smash for a long time then. :sadsheep:
Sorry that happened. That sucks; I hope it heals well. :urg:

My favorite Ridley models are from the Prime series.

Last edited:

Soul.

Whoever this J.Dubs guy is on FG is a total scrub lol.
I use Olimar, he uses Doc. Is spamming Side B going to work at all.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Sorry that happened. That sucks; I hope it heals well. :urg:
Thanks~ I feel like I'll become super rusty in the game after a good amount of weeks passing.

Oh wait, I use Zelda, she's most likely get dominated anywho. She also has easy execution stuff. BUT DTILT -> DTILT CONFIRMED HARDEST 8% COMBO IN THE GAME #KAPPA

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
I think I'm done with smash 4 once Splatoon comes out. The balance of this game needs some serious adjustments that it won't be getting anytime soon and that is honestly killing the game for me. There are so many easy mode characters that clearly need nerfs but Sakurai is busy nerfing things like Zelda's Phantom recast because why not? I guess the move is pretty amazing, you only have like 30 seconds to react or you're toast! You already weakened half of her moveset + tacking on end lag to aerials, gave our old up smash to Mega Man while reducing ours to garbage, replaced our top tier button with a blind phantom, and made the worst projectile in the game even worse somehow. Hell, you honestly couldn't have done a worse job with this character. You really don't even need to nerf anyone. Just buff the characters that are struggling for affection of a clueless creator.

PS: our customs are garbage also with the exception of 2 of them. :happysheep:

#deardiary

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I think I'm done with smash 4 once Splatoon comes out. The balance of this game needs some serious adjustments that it won't be getting anytime soon and that is honestly killing the game for me. There are so many easy mode characters that clearly need nerfs but Sakurai is busy nerfing things like Zelda's Phantom recast because why not? I guess the move is pretty amazing, you only have like 30 seconds to react or you're toast! You already weakened half of her moveset + tacking on end lag to aerials, gave our old up smash to Mega Man while reducing ours to garbage, replaced our top tier button with a blind phantom, and made the worst projectile in the game even worse somehow. Hell, you honestly couldn't have done a worse job with this character. You really don't even need to nerf anyone. Just buff the characters that are struggling for affection of a clueless creator.

#deardiary
cool, we can quit together

Rizen

Smash Legend

#deardiary
Which 2?

LoZ characters are popular for casuals and they wreck scrubs. This does not bode well for competitive balancing because Sakurai looks at for glory.

D

Deleted member

*Sees that people will be dropping Smash 4 for Splatoon*

*Won't be getting Splatoon until Christmas, probably*

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299

Aww, on the bright side tourneys aren't anything special :) Get well soon and we can celebrate once you're better. I haven't been to the Night Market in years.

Soul.

wait who's dropping smash 4 because of splatoon
what

may 21 pls come so that i can see what's that pokémon announcement
#POKKÉNFORWiiU

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Guys let's all do my new workout program called Ice Cream Fitness and drop Smash!

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
wait who's dropping smash 4 because of splatoon
what

#POKKÉNFORWiiU
i don't think anyone's dropping smash 4 because of splatoon but rather because smash 4 is bad and unenjoyable for some people.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Which 2?

LoZ characters are popular for casuals and they wreck scrubs. This does not bode well for competitive balancing because Sakurai looks at for glory.
Phantom Strike and Din's Flare. You can MAYBE include Squall if you want to sacrifice your main kill option for shenanigans.

Garbage but small changes could fix:
Nayru's Rejection: Remove the damaging hitboxes and the move magically becomes useful!
Phantom Breaker: Nobody is going to hold their shield for you to charge a move. Storable charge makes this move a top tier threat.
Din's Blaze: Can't cover ledge grabs because invincibility frames last longer than it does. It is too slow for everything else. Make it deal damage to anyone that comes into contact with it at any time, extend the set duration to 5 seconds and allow us to press B→ again to detonate it at any time.

Garbage:
Farore's Windfall: true combos from up throw at high percents but DI removes this option completely due to no horizontal control. You also lose a lot of your movement options.
Nayru's Passion: lol

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Phantom Strike and Din's Flare. You can MAYBE include Squall if you want to sacrifice your main kill option for shenanigans.

Garbage but small changes could fix:
Nayru's Rejection: Remove the damaging hitboxes and the move magically becomes useful!
Phantom Breaker: Nobody is going to hold their shield for you to charge a move. Storable charge makes this move a top tier threat.
Din's Blaze: Can't cover ledge grabs because invincibility frames last longer than it does. It is too slow for everything else. Make it deal damage to anyone that comes into contact with it at any time, extend the set duration to 5 seconds and allow us to press B→ again to detonate it at any time.

Garbage:
Farore's Windfall: true combos from up throw at high percents but DI removes this option completely due to no horizontal control. You also lose a lot of your movement options.
Nayru's Passion: lol
don't forget windfall gimping people who use it for recovery, thats my favourite one.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Just saw Bizzaro Flame pull off a wizard's foot spike in Smash 4. C'mon Brawl/Smash 4 players, step up your game.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
@ SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 Noooo!! Phillyyyy!!! You have to get better soon, your matches are some of the ones I have enjoyed the most <3. Sending you all the good vibes, lil' bro!! Get well soon~

@ 「 Derk 」 「 Derk 」 @ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer I actually saw some videos of Splatoon and it looked surprisingly fun. I was honestly gonna skip it but I'm starting to think I'll buy it. Wonder how many people will actually play it constantly here >>, that will influence my decision a lot tbh, cause I don't think my local friends will play it much if they even get it.

I don't think I'll entirely drop Sm4sh, but I'm definitely not even playing as much anymore. Before yesterday I hadn't played for like 2 weeks or something like that and I didn't even feel an itch. I'M BECOMING A CASUAL.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805

Hope you get better phil!

Soul.

I'm not interested in Splatoon so yeah. I guess watching videos of it on YouTube will be cool though.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
#POKKÉNFORWiiU
Thanks for reminding me. :surprised:

Now I can't wait. :glare:

You lucky duck. The USA still doesn't even have a release date for it.
It's one of the perks living so close to Japan. Well... relatively close.

Tbh I feel like this is gonna be a weak year for Nintendo.
Well, I'll wait until this years E3. Maybe they have something up their sleeve.

I want to get Splatoon, but I personally don't own a Wii U.

Last edited:

Soul.

2016 will be the GOAT with Nintendo talking about NX, more 3DS and Wii U games and surprises.
So far, 2015 is really meh. I seem to hype the NX prior to more info/release but eh.
Edit: well not surprises, just more games---2016 being the GOAT is nothing but an exaggeration on my part.
Thanks for reminding me. :surprised:

Now I can't wait. :glare:
No one knows if it will be Pokkén coming to Wii U; my guess is that it is a main series game. Pokkén would be cool though.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Fun fact: the original Japanese name for Aerial Ace is Tsubame Gaeshi (lit. Swallow Return), named after a sword strike fabled to be able to strike down a bird mid-flight. This is why the move is 100% accurate, as well as why Pokemon such as Slowbro, Diglett, Aegislash, and Paras can use Aerial Ace - the attack is meant to be an inescapable cutting motion, but the intent was lost in translation.

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
@ SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 I don't think I'll entirely drop Sm4sh, but I'm definitely not even playing as much anymore. Before yesterday I hadn't played for like 2 weeks or something like that and I didn't even feel an itch. I'M BECOMING A CASUAL.
I guess I'm a casual, then. Hadn't played for the past two months and I never felt the urge. Still kept up with developments from time to time.

Playing it today felt like sex, though. I'll be into Smash 4 for awhile.

At least, until TW3 is out.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Quick question about Splatoon, does it have to be played on the Gamepad? I'm getting it, I think it's a cool game and a great concept (though I'll probably suck at it like I do at Metroid Prime Hunters), but if it has to be played via Gamepad that means it kills local multiplayer which kind of sucks. I could see why if it's the case, though.

Smash 4 is a relatively simple game and it's almost entirely options and mindgames at the highest level. No character really has one thing that shuts down others for free, which is a cool thing and a bad thing. It's good because it keeps a lot of characters usable but bad because there's not huge disparities between the high and low tiers. I think it's really fun to play to be silly though and it still has room to grow. I need to take a break from it though.

And now, what I CAME here to post: after Little Mac's walljump buff in 1.0.6, it becomes really dang huge in Smash Run after a decent amount of Jump powerups are obtained. It's a little silly to see.

Soul.

Quick question about Splatoon, does it have to be played on the Gamepad? I'm getting it, I think it's a cool game and a great concept (though I'll probably suck at it like I do at Metroid Prime Hunters), but if it has to be played via Gamepad that means it kills local multiplayer which kind of sucks. I could see why if it's the case, though.

Smash 4 is a relatively simple game and it's almost entirely options and mindgames at the highest level. No character really has one thing that shuts down others for free, which is a cool thing and a bad thing. It's good because it keeps a lot of characters usable but bad because there's not huge disparities between the high and low tiers. I think it's really fun to play to be silly though and it still has room to grow. I need to take a break from it though.

And now, what I CAME here to post: after Little Mac's walljump buff in 1.0.6, it becomes really dang huge in Smash Run after a decent amount of Jump powerups are obtained. It's a little silly to see.
From what I have seen on videos, yes, you need the GamePad to play it. I heard you can use the Wii U Pro Controller, but the GamePad is almost a necessity for the game.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
wait what
Yeah, his walljump got a vertical height boost. It used to be pretty mediocre but now it goes a lot higher. Unfortunately it also puts you further away from the wall though so you often need to use Jolt Haymaker to get back, lol.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I'm pretty sure it was that good always

even since 1.0.0 he had the best wall jump by far and away

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I'm pretty sure it was that good always

even since 1.0.0 he had the best wall jump by far and away
Pretty sure it wasn't, lol. It never used to go as high as it does now. I could be wrong but I'm fairly certain I'm not.

How do I unpatch to check?

Top Bottom