• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
I'm starting to see what @ Alacion Alacion is saying about peach. She might be just as good as she was in Brawl. She might have kill power but the loss of float cancelling has made her more sluggish.
she's worse than she was in Brawl, she lost basically everything and is holding up off of raw properties lol.

Fair>Jab from brawl is gone making it easier on Zelda than it was in Brawl but Peach is still frustrating to deal with at times. Zelda benefits better from Rage than Peach making the matchup not so bad but still work.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Maleficent is one of the people I play with often in the ladder. We usually have close matches with each other but I never won a set.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I'm starting to see what @ Alacion Alacion is saying about peach. She might be just as good as she was in Brawl. She might have kill power but the loss of float cancelling has made her more sluggish.
Speed is important because the lack of it and movement means she's easily camped. Please tell me what "unexplored" tech makes Peach win against https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObCiUoO94A8. GLIDE TOSSING being gone is huge.

The simple act of spamming fair safely would actually make people think twice about approaching Peach. Peach had a "defensive bubble" in Brawl but look at how easily it is to invade her space in Smash 4.

Might be a fallacy but Kie *was* able to compete with TOP level players in Brawl but can't beat a somewhat mindless Falcon in Smash 4. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_p6ix17THw is great.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
she's worse than she was in Brawl, she lost basically everything and is holding up off of raw properties lol.

Fair>Jab from brawl is gone making it easier on Zelda than it was in Brawl but Peach is still frustrating to deal with at times. Zelda benefits better from Rage than Peach making the matchup not so bad but still work.
I think shes a solid mid. Elevator helps us punish her dair pressuring. I miss her old peach bomber tbh. I used it as an edgeguard tool, if you got hit with it offstage, you're probably not coming back.
Maleficent is one of the people I play with often in the ladder. We usually have close matches with each other but I never won a set.
Maleficent is amazing, I played him just today. Friendlies though, he makes peach look fast.
Speed is important because the lack of it and movement means she's easily camped. Please tell me what "unexplored" tech makes Peach win against https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObCiUoO94A8. GLIDE TOSSING being gone is huge.

The simple act of spamming fair safely would actually make people think twice about approaching Peach.
yeah, float cancelling and glide tossing made her so fast. She's just slow now. so many moves got slower too. Jab, dtilt, im p sure brawl uair was faster, fair, bair, nair, even plucking vegetables are slower.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Wait wtf how am I 24th in the ladder when I haven't played there in two days. Last time I was on 26th

I guess the top players must be losing a lot lately lol.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Long live Brawl Peach lol
please bring back brawl peach bomber
ewww no, Sm4sh Peach Bomber is like the only buff she had coming from brawl. lol

You can't punish dair on shield. The last hitbox is on frame 30 and you can input something else on frame 39.
I'm pretty sure i've Utilted Peach on shielded float Dair>Dair. float Dair>Nair is unpunishable

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Is Peach's jab still frame 2? I know it lost range from Brawl. Her jab had the most range out of all her ground moves even the golf club.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome

ewww no, Sm4sh Peach Bomber is like the only buff she had coming from brawl. lol

I'm pretty sure i've Utilted Peach on shielded float Dair>Dair. float Dair>Nair is unpunishable
dair has a 12 frame start up, so probably.
Idk, against every Peach i've played, I elevatored during or after their dair
then they're bad if you're consistently getting that

then again i was getting zelda usmash > up b'd so anything's probably possible

you should try that Macc. Usmash to up b. Advance the meta, make zulderr high tier

Is Peach's jab still frame 2? I know it lost range from Brawl. Her jab had the most range out of all her ground moves even the golf club.
Yes.

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Why I haven't heard anything of this person. His Peach was amazing. I can also see how important Glide Tossing was. This is bringing back some memories from Brawl.
Haha, he's been my favourite Brawl player for many many years. He's Japanese and he is still a teenager today. He does have a lot of vids on YouTube though. Kie has been the hero for Brawl Peach ever since Leon switched to Marth.

Kie is on http://i.imgur.com/b2JH1LA.jpg at least!

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo

I miss brawl bomber so much. It was so much better as a recovery tool due to the low end lag. The low end lag combined with it being ledge cancelled was amazing for setting up edgeguards. Smash bomber and Slingshot bomber were great mindgames. it let you slightly delay or make it hit earlier by half a second. It was also great for punishing ledge options too.
dair has a 12 frame start up, so probably.

then they're bad if you're consistently getting that

then again i was getting zelda usmash > up b'd so anything's probably possible

you should try that Macc. Usmash to up b. Advance the meta, make zulderr high tier

Yes.
I'm pretty sure the peaches weren't bad. Maleficent is probably the best peach atm and takes both online and offline tournaments. Captain Zack is like 10 on Smashladder. Sometimes uthrow to farore's wind works. Also how can i make zulderr high tier if she's already high tier.

I remember when peach's damage output was insane. Dair did 15%. It's like WiiFit's nair. Dair-->Dair-->Dair-->Dair-->Uair did like 55% and now you can't chain three dairs together.

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
I think Ven was the best Zelda.
Ven was definitely Top 3 Zelda in Brawl for sure. I'm kinda biased towards Riot though because he was an inspiration of mine when I started getting into the whole competitive side of Smash (sorry Ven I love you don't worry)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Marth, Ness, and Lucas could escape Zelda's usmash. Anybody can escape fsmash by holding up but leaves them open for a dash attack most times.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
...I never realized Brawl fsmash was even worse than pre-1.06 fsmash.
:4zelda:

YES. Brawl uair is life. I really liked utilt too
brawl utilt would work with Sm4sh usmash

Sm4sh utilt would work with brawl usmash

but instead
gave her no reliable verticle kill move other than uair... which was nerfed.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Funny dealio I found about Ike: all of his throws do 7%. Lucky man, eh? Also, his Fair, Dair, and even Uair are pathetically weak when you consider how slow they are compared to his Bair which comes out at frame 7, does 14%, and auto-cancels like the rest of his aerials. Oh, but it covers less range... Should I mention how it's his strongest aerial? The closest is Fair which is frame 13.5 and does 12%. It even has the same base knockback and knockback growth! REALLY, SAKURAI AND TEAM? REALLY? Oh, and Uair lingers for a bit, does 11%, has more base knockback by 10 more than Bair and Fair and it's also frame 13. I would like Bair to be nerfed in knockback or damage while Fair and Uair become stronger in either knockback or damage because it's kind of stupid how much slower moves are weaker. Oh, but the range. Y'know who else has range? Captain Falcon and Ganondorf with their dumb*** disjoints.

Edit: Forgot about Diddy and his stupid hitboxes which makes Ike look like a chump when a dumb monkey can stretch his arms like that.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I just wish Zelda stayed like her Brawl self in this game. There was no reason to change her and she might have actually been good *gasp*
I think she's still good.

Fsmash connects now
Jab is a great combo starter
standing grab and pivot grab is slightly faster
Dash attack is a great kill move
Dthrow is great for combos
We ride elevators now
Nayru's love is faster
LKs are easier to land
Dair actually sweetspots grounded opponents
Utilt is a combo starter
Air and dash speed is faster

If sheilda was a thing, they'd be top tier. Sheik could rack up damage and Zelda would kill them at early percents.

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Funny dealio I found about Ike: all of his throws do 7%. Lucky man, eh? Also, his Fair, Dair, and even Uair are pathetically weak when you consider how slow they are compared to his Bair which comes out at frame 7, does 14%, and auto-cancels like the rest of his aerials. Oh, but it covers less range... Should I mention how it's his strongest aerial? The closest is Fair which is frame 13.5 and does 12%. It even has the same base knockback and knockback growth! REALLY, SAKURAI AND TEAM? REALLY? Oh, and Uair lingers for a bit, does 11%, has more base knockback by 10 more than Bair and Fair and it's also frame 13. I would like Bair to be nerfed in knockback or damage while Fair and Uair become stronger in either knockback or damage because it's kind of stupid how much slower moves are weaker. Oh, but the range. Y'know who else has range? Captain Falcon and Ganondorf with their dumb*** disjoints.

Edit: Forgot about Diddy and his stupid hitboxes which makes Ike look like a chump when a dumb monkey can stretch his arms like that.
Uh... do Shulk and Dedede not exist anymore

Top Bottom