• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I almost considered using Wish Salamence as a tank too. Judge me, gorls. :secretkpop:
Too bad Wishmence (and Wish Blissey for that matter) are from obscure Gen 3 events that you are extremely unlikely to ever get in real life.

I very much dislike the wanton use of rare event moves in competitive Pokemon. Not the moves themselves but when something becomes a staple, like Wish Chansey/Blissey, I get irritated.

PUK

Smash Ace
NNID
Simlock92
3DS FC
4141-4118-5477
I think you should always have a distorsion user in VGC too, and it's even more important when you use tailwind.

Soul.

Wish Blissey/Chansey is a thing of the past. Smogon put the former in UU smh
Funny that I have a M-Kangaskhan on my Singles team and an Amoonguss on my other team. :V

Suicune... PFFFFT. I only got that Shiny Event Suicune to promote B/W with a bad nature. :V
Go to Pokémon Showdown and use the team I gave you lol.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
You can just Pokegen for legendaries but if you don't want to hack a HP Ice legendary will take about a week to catch.

Speaking of event moves, apparently Wolfey runs Celebrate on Vaporeon to timer stall? o.o

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
In Pokemon I'm mostly just casual. I have ev trained a bunch of Pokemon (Including a PERFECT Mega Pinsir <3), but I can't battle competitively. :( I do Shiny hunt though! My last Shiny was the Eon Ticket Latios! :D

Soul.

Fair enough. I do jump onto Showdown to test some teams.
Trust me, it's really useful to try out teams. Also the damage calculator (no, don't use Smogon's. Use Nugget Bridge's) is useful too if you want to know what KOs and what doesn't.

Last edited:

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
There aren't official tiers so that was probably a bad way to phrase it. IMO Zelda is bottom 10. She's better than Mii Sword Fighter, Samus, Ganon, Charizard, Falco, Robin and maybe G&W, DDD and Mii Gunner. Don't get me wrong; she is a bad character.
Zelda does have a very good gimping and recovering game, grab game, and a low damage KO with elevator. Unfortunately she struggles in other aspects of MUs and can be very predictable once people learn how to deal with Faroe's. Even so Faroe's is at least as safe as other kill moves in the game, you just can't be reckless with it.
I'm with @ S.F.L.R_9 S.F.L.R_9 Zelda is slightly underrated but still bad.
:4samus:: Maybe. She still has better range than Zelda, faster attacks, and less lag. If she's worse than Zelda, I don't think it's by much.

:4ganondorf:: Disagree. He just has so many more positive attributes than Zelda. His risk/reward ratio is incredibly good compared to Zelda's. He has one of the highest damage outputs, punishes harder than Zelda, has KO moves that are safer on shield (shield stun + they tend to push the shield away), is very dangerous off-stage, and is heavy. His moves are actually worth the risk.

:4charizard:: Disagree. His attacks are for the most part just better; super armor smashes with great power, super fast & powerful upsmash, two super armor recoveries, better mobility. He's bad but his moves have more redeeming qualities than Zelda's in my opinion.

:4falco:: Maybe.They're both kind of in the same boat: move-sets that are bad, punishable and outclassed by most of the cast.

:4robinm:: Disagree. He might be slow, but his levin sword attacks (including his aerials) hit hard. They might as well be LKs that don't need to be sweet-spotted. Much more versatile character too.

:4gaw:: Disagree. He has quick, disjointed attacks that deal good damage with like no lag (except landing lag). He has a great, near-gimpable recovery. And his smashes are on the slow side, but they're still powerful for their risk because they have little end lag. I don't get why people think he's so bad personally. Maybe it's because he got nerfed hard from brawl? But at least he deserved the nerfs because his smashes were insane; now they're more in line with how they should be. He seems like a decent character in my opinion.

:4dedede:: Probably he's pretty bad.

Don't know enough about the Miis to argue, but outside of them the only characters that might be as bad as her are Samus, Falco and DDD - and I'm still skeptical about Samus.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
There aren't official tiers so that was probably a bad way to phrase it. IMO Zelda is bottom 10. She's better than Mii Sword Fighter, Samus, Ganon, Charizard, Falco, Robin and maybe G&W, DDD and Mii Gunner. Don't get me wrong; she is a bad character.
Zelda does have a very good gimping and recovering game, grab game, and a low damage KO with elevator. Unfortunately she struggles in other aspects of MUs and can be very predictable once people learn how to deal with Faroe's. Even so Faroe's is at least as safe as other kill moves in the game, you just can't be reckless with it.
I'm with @ S.F.L.R_9 S.F.L.R_9 Zelda is slightly underrated but still bad.
Wait, Robin is a bad character? O.o

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Trust me, it's really useful to try out teams. Also the damage calculator (no, don't use Smogon's. Use Nugget Bridge's) is useful too if you want to know what KOs and what doesn't.
Btw, if you want a full list on what my whole team is like with items and moves too:

Talonflame
Red Card
Gale Wings
Adamant
252 HP/252 Atk/6 Spd
Roost
Brave Bird
Flare Blitz
U-Turn

Slowbro
Leftovers
Regenerator
Relaxed
128 HP/252 Def/128 SDef/4 SAtk
Icy Wind
Scald
Flamethrower
Slack Off

Mawile
Mawilite
Intimidate/Huge Power
Adamant
200 HP/252 Atk/58 Def
Protect
Sucker Punch
Play Rough
Iron Head

Tornadus-T
Life Orb
Regenerator
Timid
228 HP/30 SAtk/252 Spd
Protect
Tailwind
HP Ground
Hurricane

Landorus-T
Sitrus Berry
Intimidate
Brave
228 HP/252 Atk/30 Def
Knock Off
EQ
Rock Slide
U-Turn

Sylveon
Choice Specs
Pixiliate
Timid
252 HP/228 SAtk/28 SDef/4 Spd
Hyper Voice
Shadow Ball
Psyshock
Moonblast

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
@ FullMoon FullMoon I played Samboner the #1 on Smashladder and I got him 2-1. He said I was the best Zelda he's played.

Anyways heres my match up spread for :4zelda:

65:35 Moderate Advantage
:4bowserjr::4robinm:

60:40 Small Advantage
:4dedede::4charizard::4falcon::4dk::4duckhunt::4falco::4ganondorf::4jigglypuff::4lucina::4palutena:

55:45 Slight Advantage
:4link::4kirby::4myfriends::4lucario::4mewtwo::4pacman::4samus::rosalina::4rob::4wiifit::4pikachu:

50:50 Even
:4yoshi::4wario::4villager::4olimar::4ness::4mario::4luigi::4drmario::4megaman::4ganondorf:

45:55 Slight Disadvantage
:4gaw::4fox::4marth::4peach::4pit::4sonic::4darkpit:

60:40 Small Disadvantage
:4diddy::4greninja::4sheik:

65:35 Moderate Disadvantage
:4tlink::4zss::4littlemac:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Damn Macchi. I've tried to beat him a lot of times and never managed to do it.

He doesn't accept my challenges anymore because of the lag unfortunately :(

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
@ FullMoon FullMoon I played Samboner the #1 on Smashladder and I got him 2-1. He said I was the best Zelda he's played.

:4dedede::4charizard::4falcon::4dk::4duckhunt::4falco::4ganondorf::4jigglypuff::4lucina::4palutena:

:4link::4kirby::4myfriends::4lucario::4mewtwo::4pacman::4samus::rosalina::4rob::4wiifit::4pikachu:

:4yoshi::4wario::4villager::4olimar::4ness::4mario::4luigi::4drmario::4megaman::4ganondorf:

I' liking for the comment and not for them MU that says pika god slightly loses to her D:<

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere

I would never call a 60:40 a small advantage nor a 65:35 a moderate advantage...

PUK

Smash Ace
NNID
Simlock92
3DS FC
4141-4118-5477

:4yoshi:?:4wario::4villager::4olimar::4ness::4mario:?:4luigi::4drmario::4megaman:?:4ganondorf:

I like falcon MU, but i think it's a little crazy

Soul.

Btw, if you want a full list on what my whole team is like with items and moves too:

Talonflame
Red Card
Gale Wings
Adamant
252 HP/252 Atk/6 Spd
Roost
Brave Bird
Flare Blitz
U-Turn

Slowbro
Leftovers
Regenerator
Relaxed
128 HP/252 Def/128 SDef/4 SAtk
Icy Wind
Scald
Flamethrower
Slack Off

Mawile
Mawilite
Intimidate/Huge Power
Adamant
200 HP/252 Atk/58 Def
Protect
Sucker Punch
Play Rough
Iron Head

Tornadus-T
Life Orb
Regenerator
Timid
228 HP/30 SAtk/252 Spd
Protect
Tailwind
HP Ground
Hurricane

Landorus-T
Sitrus Berry
Intimidate
Brave
228 HP/252 Atk/30 Def
Knock Off
EQ
Rock Slide
U-Turn

Sylveon
Choice Specs
Pixiliate
Timid
252 HP/228 SAtk/28 SDef/4 Spd
Hyper Voice
Shadow Ball
Psyshock
Moonblast
lol Timid Sylveon?

Soul.

I was desperate at the time. D:
I could always just ditch it and TRY and go for a Modest one. :yeahboi:
Plus, it being a Japanese Sylveon. I was originally going for a Jolteon, but I wanted a Sylveon just so I could fill in the XY Dex. :V
Jolteon is bad on VGC. Modest Sylveon is better.
Hidden Power Ground RNG sucks.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Damn Macchi. I've tried to beat him a lot of times and never managed to do it.

He doesn't accept my challenges anymore because of the lag unfortunately :(
Don't feel bad about it. Not to make it sound like a "john" (wtv the **** that is), but the fact that your connection is so far away from most players is already kind of a handicap in and of itself. I wouldn't really judge your skill against the Anthers people by your matches given that it's such an unreliable measure due to wifi issues.

I'd love to play you in person tbh.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Jolteon is bad on VGC. Modest Sylveon is better.
Hidden Power Ground RNG sucks.
I rarely try for Hidden Power since that is all down on RNG and luck. Plus, since I got a 6 IV Ditto to use for breeding, it's going to be impossible to get that. :V
Only times I got lucky with getting Hidden Powers that I want was a HP Fire on a Contrary Snivy and HP Ground on Tornadus.

Or I can just scrap it ALL together, and start a new. Maybe have a Tyranitar, a Dedenne (LOL. Dedenne.), and other useless Pokes for VGC. :3

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084

Did one Tink scar you for life in using Zelda against him? It's a bad MU, but as bad as ZSS and Mac?

Wait, Robin is a bad character? O.o
IMO yes, Robin is bad. Not bottom 10 bad, but very close. Blame the speed, horrid OoS options and gimpable recovery.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Tournament today!

I'll be re-money matching the guy who took my $20 last tournament.

But with a twist...

Zelda ditto MM!

I CANT WAIT FOR HIM TO FALL OUT OF MY FSMASH

Top Bottom