• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
I'd talk about my romantic affairs but they're all smut.

So no.
In other news, I think I've picked up Peach full time.
Sorry Zelda, you have a sister now.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Drink? Hmm... I like water. Anyone else like water?
Yo.

Eight a day brah. Got four on the desk right now.

oh I didn't mean I paired it with brandy lol, I just meant
I like rum
and I like brandy

Maybe they mix though? I mean I'm pretty sure they do. I haven't really tried anything mixed beyond adding stuff to coke, I'm pretty new to booze.

E&J VSOP's a pretty good brandy especially for the price, would recommend. I don't think I've seen Blackheart around here but I'll keep an eye out for it.

Apple juice is gdlk
Cursory research suggests they do, and apparently well. They pair up in a number of cocktails.

I'll keep an eye out for E&J VSOP as well. And I'll third the apple juice sentiment.

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
Don't Large miis have really terrible frame data or something though?
I was told to make tiny mii fighters

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
http://squidboards.com/threads/dead-thread-pls-lck-or-smthng.546/page-2#post-12784
This guy man. He was not at all interested in a discussion, (which is what a forum is for), and just wanted people to accept and believe everything he said.

Also, I find it funny how people kept saying how "toxic" the thread was...when it really wasn't that bad. Like at all. Just goes to show the effect buzzwords have on people.

If this is what the splatoon community is going to be like then we are good as dead. Seriously it's funny how some even accused smash for being bad for how split it is, (which is indeed a problem), when they themselves are helping in a splatoon split.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
http://squidboards.com/threads/dead-thread-pls-lck-or-smthng.546/page-2#post-12784
This guy man. He was not at all interested in a discussion, (which is what a forum is for), and just wanted people to accept and believe everything he said.

Also, I find it funny how people kept saying how "toxic" the thread was...when it really wasn't that bad. Like at all. Just goes to show the effect buzzwords have on people.

If this is what the splatoon community is going to be like then we are good as dead. Seriously it's funny how some even accused smash for being bad for how split it is, (which is indeed a problem), when they themselves are helping in a splatoon split.
We haven't even gotten the game yet. I think it's too early to make that call. Plus Squidboards is really lacking in Moderation at the moment, so we don't have protection against ****ty arguments yet.:secretkpop:

Alright NOW I'm going to bed.:dr^_^:

Trieste SP

Smash Champion

Oh, THAT GUY. :glare:

He's just no. I'd rather everyone to ignore him. So he leaves the site on his own.
Then why do you main Zelda? :secretkpop:
I main her because I can. It's that's simple.

Speaking of jump squats, someone said Pac-Man's was frame 1. I don't believe it even though a couple of people agreed. >_>

Edit: Just checked, it's frame 5. Maybe they were talking about his Trampoline, but I don't really know.

Edit 2: Edit Harder: 上B is frame 1 which might be Trampoline.

Isn't Samus like a head taller than Zelda? She's supposed to be 6' 3" or 1.9 m in her suit or something. Except in "realistic" games where everyone's freaking 6' or 1.8 m, Samus is going to have trouble when only DK, Bowser, Triple D, Ganondorf who's supposed to be like 7' 6" or 2.3 m tall, Charizard, Mewtwo, Rosalina, and I think Palutena, Snake, and Captain Falcon are as tall or taller than her. Oh, and Ridley of course. Here's the kicker: not everyone is true to their height. Even Snake, he's 5' 11" or 1.8 m, is shorter than Samus, but he seems to be the same height in Brawl from what I remember. Falco and Wolf are supposed to be 6' or 1.8 m and last I checked, Falco stands under Samus enough where Up Smash can bypass him and Wolf's usually in a low stance and he's taller than Falco in Smash. Oh, and let's not forget about Olimar who's supposed to be the size of an ant, but lo, and behold, he's not too big, so we can make him bigger for Smash. And Bowser? Dude's like Ant Man if he could shrink and grow to whatever size he wants.
Canonically Rosalina is taller than Ganondorf, but that isn't the case in Smash.

I wish they had kept ZSS her height from Metroid 2/Super Metroid, but then again that would probably mean she wouldn't have gotten those sweet rocket heels.

Are Wolf and Falco really supposed to be 6'?!

it's okay the distractions are (mostly) gone now

****ing people doing things

yeah sixriver sheets have jumpsquat, it's on the third tab

tybb :::;^*

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Adventures of Classic Mode today

- Partner Tuna grabs opponent that just got hit by your home run bat and saves him
- Peach is floating to her death but I go full ****** and kill myself before she dies
- Half of the 3DS stages are BS and kill me for no reason
- Opponent Ganondorf does a Fthrow on me and opponent Zelda uses Farore's Wind diagonally JUST TO HIT ME AND I DIE
- Getting Farore's Windfall aka the worst custom in the game multiple times even though I already have it

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Ugh

I just noticed I didn't actually S+ Special Missions 1 or 2 in Gunvolt, I thought I had an S+ on every stage

I don't remember what 1 was like but 2's layout is HELL and I don't want to have to relearn it ;_;

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I really don't get why people complain so much about Mii Brawler. He can't even get guaranteed Helicopter Kicks outside of low %s so really if you get killed by it you probably deserved it.

At least that's my experience with the two Mii Brawlers I've fought

Also people counterpick Delfino a lot in the ladder.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Canonically Rosalina is taller than Ganondorf, but that isn't the case in Smash.

I wish they had kept ZSS her height from Metroid 2/Super Metroid, but then again that would probably mean she wouldn't have gotten those sweet rocket heels.
She's also supposed to be a giant.

In 3D World, wasn't she about Peach's height? And Link was slightly shorter than Zelda in Twilight Princess if I remember correctly while he's slightly taller or about her height in Skyward Sword.

Are Wolf and Falco really supposed to be 6'?!
Check the wiki on Wolf who's listed at 6' 2" or 1.83 SM and Falco who's listed at 6' 2" or 1.88 SM. SM is probably "space meters" or something and here's the issue which you probably noticed: Wolf's SM height is actually shorter than Falco. If SM does translate to real life meters, then Wolf would actually be 6' 0" instead of 6' 2". If someone has a copy of Assault and is really bored, could you stand Wolf and Falco side by side? If Wolf's as tall or taller, then there's basically stupid height listing for the sake of having them there.

Fun fact: Falco's slightly weighs more than Wolf which would not make any sense since he's a bird and bird bones aren't like wolf bones. Falco weighs 74.84 SK while Wolf weighs 73.02 SK and assuming SK basically means "space kilos", then Falco's 165 lbs and Wolf's 161 lbs. Dude's also skinny as hell in Assault compared to musclebound Wolf.

Fox is supposed to be 5' 8" or 1.73 m or 1.73 SM. Also, 1.73 m is closer to 5' 7", but whatever. As for weight, Fox weighs slightly less than Wolf and weighs less than Falco. Fox is 70.31 SK or 155 lbs.

Most of this does translate since Falco, Wolf, and Snake are about the same height, Fox and Little Mac are about the same height, and Wolf is taller than Fox. What doesn't translate are their weights. Falco weighs about the same as Snake, Wolf is a little lighter, and Fox is only 5 kilos off of Snake, but we all know that Snake is one heavy man while Falco and Fox are lightweights and Wolf is pretty much the closest despite being heavier than Mario, but lighter than Snake. Little Mac's current weight is still listed as 107 lbs which would mean he's supposed to be lighter than all of them, especially Falco who he's tied for. 107 lbs on a 5' 7" man isn't a good thing...

Then again, we go back to Mewtwo's weight being heavier than Charizard, but because of constant levitation, Mewtwo's slightly heavier than Jigglypuff. Should we also delve into the fact that Ike wouldn't be able to move that quickly in the air with that armor and sword? So, it's mostly weight issues, I guess, but falling speed, individual gravities, and the fact that a man-pheasant runs slower than a man in armor and holding a two-handed sword all remind us that this is just a game.

Last edited:

Soul.

Watching SLHG matches.
Damn this is a completely different game with this setup.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Then again, we go back to Mewtwo's weight being heavier than Charizard, but because of constant levitation, Mewtwo's slightly heavier than Jigglypuff. Should we also delve into the fact that Ike wouldn't be able to move that quickly in the air with that armor and sword? So, it's mostly weight issues, I guess, but falling speed, individual gravities, and the fact that a man-pheasant runs slower than a man in armor and holding a two-handed sword all remind us that this is just a game.
Ironically, the Smash incarnation of :4myfriends: is much slower than he really is in PoR/RD. His stat growths give him much more speed than Smash shows.

Then again, the same logic applies for :4link:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
She's also supposed to be a giant.

In 3D World, wasn't she about Peach's height? And Link was slightly shorter than Zelda in Twilight Princess if I remember correctly while he's slightly taller or about her height in Skyward Sword.

Check the wiki on Wolf who's listed at 6' 2" or 1.83 SM and Falco who's listed at 6' 2" or 1.88 SM. SM is probably "space meters" or something and here's the issue which you probably noticed: Wolf's SM height is actually shorter than Falco. If SM does translate to real life meters, then Wolf would actually be 6' 0" instead of 6' 2". If someone has a copy of Assault and is really bored, could you stand Wolf and Falco side by side? If Wolf's as tall or taller, then there's basically stupid height listing for the sake of having them there.

Fun fact: Falco's slightly weighs more than Wolf which would not make any sense since he's a bird and bird bones aren't like wolf bones. Falco weighs 74.84 SK while Wolf weighs 73.02 SK and assuming SK basically means "space kilos", then Falco's 165 lbs and Wolf's 161 lbs. Dude's also skinny as hell in Assault compared to musclebound Wolf.

Fox is supposed to be 5' 8" or 1.73 m or 1.73 SM. Also, 1.73 m is closer to 5' 7", but whatever. As for weight, Fox weighs slightly less than Wolf and weighs less than Falco. Fox is 70.31 SK or 155 lbs.

Most of this does translate since Falco, Wolf, and Snake are about the same height, Fox and Little Mac are about the same height, and Wolf is taller than Fox. What doesn't translate are their weights. Falco weighs about the same as Snake, Wolf is a little lighter, and Fox is only 5 kilos off of Snake, but we all know that Snake is one heavy man while Falco and Fox are lightweights and Wolf is pretty much the closest despite being heavier than Mario, but lighter than Snake. Little Mac's current weight is still listed as 107 lbs which would mean he's supposed to be lighter than all of them, especially Falco who he's tied for. 107 lbs on a 5' 7" man isn't a good thing...

Wtf is this ****

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Ironically, the Smash incarnation of :4myfriends: is much slower than he really is in PoR/RD. His stat growths give him much more speed than Smash shows.

Then again, the same logic applies for :4link:
Ike could be fast for attacking or fast for movement. Speed can be defined in many ways. Or Smash Ike got RNG screwed and knowing Fire Emblem, it might be true. At least his strength is fine. Meanwhile, Lucina and Robin and that dead speed stat. I wonder what this Robin's chosen stats were? Probably something like +Luck/-Speed. :p

Remember Link's sprint in Skyward Sword? Imagine him with that. He'd basically run about as fast as Toon Link which would make him an even larger pain in the buttocks to fight. Meanwhile, Toon Link ran about the same speed as pre-Skyward Sword Link.

Then there's Falco and Wolf having the same speed and jump in Assault with Falco having no health and Fox was the jack of all stats. The Smash versions of Fox and Falco were made before Assault, so Fox's the fragile-ish speedster and Falco is tougher and the jack of all stats - reduced speed, more "health", etc. - except for jump which remains high. Brawl ignored Assault because Wolf would have been broken. Imagine Wolf if he ran as fast as Smash Fox, was durable as say, Ike, and jumped as high as Falco. That didn't happen, but Wolf is still the most durable compared to the other two. Also, PM Wolf gained speed.

Wtf is this ****
The end of Galaxy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom