• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Anyone see 'Dude, Where's My Car'?
It's just a projection.
Explain this! :p

Wasn't Rosie sort of slow in 3D World? And yet she glides the frick around on the ground and in the air in Smash.

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
so i tried out hw again and its actually not bad

i guess its just how early i was in the game or something, because it has a touch of RTS in it which i find interesting

i just unlocked midna and shes pretty fun, but i still havent found a character that i find particularly fun, but i have high hopes for zelda

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Did everyone hear about the "Kill the F***ot" game that was released but then removed (thankfully) from Steam's Greenlight?

*warning homophobic & transphobic slurs and violence

And then the developer's response?

"Wow surprised how much response this game got. So some points on why this game was made and released.

1. Our upcoming game “The Shelter: A Survival Story” is a large scale post-apocalyptic survival. In that game the character can collect inventory items, one being a cell phone. On the in-game cell phone the player can play mini games. One of the games that the character can play is “Kill The ******”.

2. Originally this was only going to be a part of the other game, but I decided to release it on Greenlight to see people’s reactions. The reason behind this particular game is because of how tired I am of people being overly sensitive and how easily offended people are by every little thing, especially with LGBT issues. I have worked in the game industry since 2007, so I know that’s how the game industry pretty much is. I didn’t make this game to attack LGBT people personally, but I made this game just to piss off those people that are way too sensitive, which includes straight people. These people that think if you are even remotely homophobic, you are “hateful” and a “bigot”, and do everything they can to destroy you in every vicious way possible.. So I decided to go down a path that most developers are afraid to go down: to piss these people off by making the most overly offensive game possible to these idiots to prove a point. The point being that a crappy made video game would offend people so much. I mean so offended that people will waste all their time posting on forums, redit, etc of how disgusted they are, offended, how much everyone involved in the game should die, and even getting into large debates over it of how worthless and evil we are, etc. Lots of people are sending very vicious and disgusting emails as well, and it just proves that my mission was accomplished in pissing off these people, and how many of these sick people in the gaming world there are that would wish all kinds of physical harm on me. I mean come on, its just a crappy made video game made by a no-name developer. Why do you care so much? It’s obvious no one in their right mind would take this game seriously. If someone made a “Kill all straight white people game”, I would totally play it and have a laugh, as seeing it wasn’t made to be serious. Keep sending all the threats and hate mail though, its a fun read, and proves you have no time on your hands.

3. Obviously this game was made in only a few days, so for people complaining about the game’s graphics and lack of gameplay, we agree with you on that one !

4. People are saying this will hurt our business and future development. We are self-funded, and if this game ruins any future sales, then so be it. We will continue releasing games even if they don’t sell. We are not about profit, we are about making great games.

5. Of course we don’t endorse killing or murder of any kind. This game was not meant to be taken seriously.

6. As for an apology. Ain’t gonna happen. To everyone that got overly offended. Good, thats what we were going for. Just wait for our next game we are working on, its gonna be way more offensive as this one.”

It's so disgusting. I'm tired of entitled straight male gamers who b***h about efforts to make the gaming world a safer place for women and queer gamers and efforts to have the video game industry actually represent and portray us as actual people...

This is exactly the kind of behavior and attitude that I talked about in my paper on homophobia and misogyny in gaming culture, and I wish this had come out earlier because it would have been perfect to add to my argument....

Sorry for getting serious all of a sudden, but this **** bugs me.

Soul.

Wow, uh.... That's really ****ing stupid. Why are people like that guy still making games?

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Too bad it also becomes glacial in speed

Shoutouts to the physical defense champion of Inverse Battles.

I really need to take a break from the game, or at least work on general execution. I've been losing a lot more recently with :4gaw: than I'd like to admit. I've gotten predictable and it shows. I'll probably write about various things I either need to improve on or just want to implement but not tonight.

Also, I really dislike the Villager/Link MU. Pocket doesn't work so well against constant projectiles like that and Link cleanly outranges Villager (I think his jab outranges our pivot grab lol). Villager has a hard time getting in IMO because his approach options are all projectiles. I do think Villager wins but it requires you to play really slowly and I hate it.

@Indigo Jeans have you finished TTGL? :yeahboi:

Last edited:
Conversation about 3v3's went like:

"Guys. I have an idea! Let's all GO :4falcon:"

no

That would be pretty nuts though. Friendly fire falcon punches to the max

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Did everyone hear about the "Kill the F***ot" game that was released but then removed (thankfully) from Steam's Greenlight?

"Wow surprised how much response this game got. So some points on why this game was made and released.

1. Our upcoming game “The Shelter: A Survival Story” is a large scale post-apocalyptic survival. In that game the character can collect inventory items, one being a cell phone. On the in-game cell phone the player can play mini games. One of the games that the character can play is “Kill The ******”.

2. Originally this was only going to be a part of the other game, but I decided to release it on Greenlight to see people’s reactions. The reason behind this particular game is because of how tired I am of people being overly sensitive and how easily offended people are by every little thing, especially with LGBT issues. I have worked in the game industry since 2007, so I know that’s how the game industry pretty much is. I didn’t make this game to attack LGBT people personally, but I made this game just to piss off those people that are way too sensitive, which includes straight people. These people that think if you are even remotely homophobic, you are “hateful” and a “bigot”, and do everything they can to destroy you in every vicious way possible.. So I decided to go down a path that most developers are afraid to go down: to piss these people off by making the most overly offensive game possible to these idiots to prove a point. The point being that a crappy made video game would offend people so much. I mean so offended that people will waste all their time posting on forums, redit, etc of how disgusted they are, offended, how much everyone involved in the game should die, and even getting into large debates over it of how worthless and evil we are, etc. Lots of people are sending very vicious and disgusting emails as well, and it just proves that my mission was accomplished in pissing off these people, and how many of these sick people in the gaming world there are that would wish all kinds of physical harm on me. I mean come on, its just a crappy made video game made by a no-name developer. Why do you care so much? It’s obvious no one in their right mind would take this game seriously. If someone made a “Kill all straight white people game”, I would totally play it and have a laugh, as seeing it wasn’t made to be serious. Keep sending all the threats and hate mail though, its a fun read, and proves you have no time on your hands.

3. Obviously this game was made in only a few days, so for people complaining about the game’s graphics and lack of gameplay, we agree with you on that one !

4. People are saying this will hurt our business and future development. We are self-funded, and if this game ruins any future sales, then so be it. We will continue releasing games even if they don’t sell. We are not about profit, we are about making great games.

5. Of course we don’t endorse killing or murder of any kind. This game was not meant to be taken seriously.

6. As for an apology. Ain’t gonna happen. To everyone that got overly offended. Good, thats what we were going for. Just wait for our next game we are working on, its gonna be way more offensive as this one.”

It's so disgusting. I'm tired of entitled straight male gamers who b***h about efforts to make the gaming world a safer place for women and queer gamers and efforts to have the video game industry actually represent and portray us as actual people...

This is exactly the kind of behavior and attitude that I talked about in my paper on homophobia and misogyny in gaming culture, and I wish this had come out earlier because it would have been perfect to add to my argument....

People have this weird defense of 'I'm a victim for being called out on my prejudice'. The double negative of saying it's bad to be intolerant of intolerance. I hope the developers' sales suffer. Vote with your money, or withhold of.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968

Holy ****ing ****. This makes me so angry. I'm glad I don't use Steam.:drsad:

Saw the news about ZeRo's guide on stages. I don't usually look at the comments but I decided to look anyway. It was an entertaining read. Heh

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Good afternoon girls. How's everyone doing today? :4zelda:

I'm getting the hang of dashing immediately in the opposite direction now. (Have to Foxtrot and then after a certain Foxtrot, hit the direction then the opposite quickly. :V) Also, I'm curious who ChrisG is maining? Is it Yoshi? :V

And I've just got 101% in DK64. :D
I feel like the game has ages decently, but it has some problems. For one, the Rocketbarrels are ridiculously hard to control, the camera feels not so great; making it feel like I'm fighting it, mix that with the Rocketbarrel controls... Oh god. :c

Some of the Minigames are so frustrating! D: (Beaver Bother, The Beetle Races and The Owl hoop minigame.) And the collision and hit detection can be off too. (I got hit a Kasplat's shockwave when it was fading away, and I was nowhere near it. And I glitched through a wall and a slope in Jungle Japes.) Plus the controls do feel a bit slippery too at times.

But I can honestly say I did enjoy my time with it. I can see why people who grew up with this game love it to pieces, but since I didn't, I don't really hold those Nostalgia Goggles righteously for this game. (Except for Grandia and Sonic CD for examples.)

But at least this isn't the worst game Rare made.

I still feel like this game could've been improved on, but hey. We did get a rather good game. :3

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky

Wow ewe
All I can say is try not to let it get to you cuz that's what he wants D:

I can't stand that because well, lately I think that game producers aren't really doing it right ya know?
They understand how to embrace feminism and work that in but if this is how they are trying to embrace gaymers I'm sorry but it doesn't appeal to me :p
and I'm not really easily offended, but this kinda hurts on a more complex level, one that kinda makes me more sad than angry.

I don't see this guy having any form of success in the future because this isn't how you figure us out (Generalizing us all as nothing but people who get easily insulted is kind of rude in and of itself).

I just woke up that was the most coherent response I could come up with :s
*goes to work*

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I feel like from the Foxtrotting I've been doing. It seems like the characters I main (Lucina & Zelda) can benefit from it the most, since they can trot in the opposite direction instantly. But seems Bowser can't benefit from it. Same with Shulk. D:

Ugh. I booted up Project Zero 2 for the Wii but it requires an HDMI cord

I never bothered buying a Wii along with it >____>

I'll buy it another time. Maybe tomorrow but I don't think it's gonna matter. I have to pack up soon

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Ugh. I booted up Project Zero 2 for the Wii but it requires an HDMI cord

I never bothered buying a Wii along with it >____>

I'll buy it another time. Maybe tomorrow but I don't think it's gonna matter. I have to pack up soon
Thats right it is almost time for you to leave! D:

;_;

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
The Greninja MU discussion in the Rosalina boards is going surprisingly well.

I'm honestly impressed.

And hey while at it I learned that Greninja's dash grab is laggier than I thought.

The Greninja MU discussion in the Rosalina boards is going surprisingly well.

I'm honestly impressed.

And hey while at it I learned that Greninja's dash grab is laggier than I thought.
I had the exact same impression except, when it came to that guy (redluigi#) and that other guy (shadowbowler). Those guys really ruined it with their zero-input BS

Just ignore the **** posts then it's fine. I have that guy on ignore so I'm not sure if he posted anything.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431

Unfortunately, I've heard of this piece of garbage. It's no different from that crappy "Ethnic Cleansing" game made back in the early 2000s.

The fact that people spent time and money for this **** shows how detrimental ignorance is.

DoctorDub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrDubious

Well, this developer certainly has a warped sense of humour. He may be a ****, but he's not stupid at all. Far from it.

Everything is done for a reason, that's what you have to learn. The dev did this to make people angry and thus attract attention to himself. Look at the way "Hatred" decided to market itself. "No life is worth saving" is a very, very controversial slogan that they decided to use and guess what? It gave the devs a name, it gave them an in on steam and it gave them an audience. Hell, they even got Gaben himself to apologise to them for being brash in removing their game. Do you know how good that is for them? It's honestly the best thing you can ask for on steam. This was nothing more than an attempt to replicate that same thing and become a known game developer, but the difference is: he knows that this game won't come back up, so how does he cling on to his audience and those who're paying attention? Refuse to apologise and spout bull****.

The worst part about this whole thing is that it works.

I know it's hard to ignore things like this, but that's just what you have to do. I am 100% sure that this game was created to spark controversy among the gaming community, especially so to dig in on the whole "gamer-gate v feminism" thing going around.

(To be clear, I am not defending the developer, I'm just explaining his motives and why people are still falling victim to this ****.)

Leave it alone. Let it die. Eventually people will give up on trying to shock for attention if we stop giving it to them. I thought that Jim Sterling would've been clever enough to notice this behaviour as an expert on the field, but apparently not.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Well, at least it stays active. I don't have to sit there like a chump (lol villager and link)
I think this is what I hate the most about Villager's grab. Take a while to come out? Ok, sure. Fine. But must it also take forever to be put up? ;_;

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I bet he mains :4megaman: and plays super campy. :secretkpop:

Explain this! :p

Wasn't Rosie sort of slow in 3D World? And yet she glides the frick around on the ground and in the air in Smash.
Just like most of the people that main her, they've took one too many shrooms and are super high as f***.

Top Bottom