• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Also :4littlemac:'s recovery = :rotfl:
I was just playing on FG with Palutena and I gimped a :4littlemac: at 40% by pushing his recovery with her reflector. And then cause I felt like being an ***hole, I side-taunted (the one where she twirls on her staff and laughs lol). He rage quit after :D

Last edited:
You can jump out of shield immediately from frame 1, Wii Fit's jumpsquat is frame 5.

E: :4greninja:'d I'm too distracted right now
step it up

btw do you happen to know where I can find jumpsquat for all characters? is that in the 6river sheets?

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
I was just playing on FG with Palutena and I gimped a :4littlemac: at 40% by pushing his recovery with her reflector. And then cause I felt like being an ***hole, I side-taunted (the one where she twirls on her staff and laughs lol). He rage quit after :D
:salt: must've been flowing like a river on his end.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Why does Palutena's ftilt have to be so horrible? It's one of her coolest looking moves imo. Tbh I do use it sometimes in actual matches just because I like how it looks

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
step it up

btw do you happen to know where I can find jumpsquat for all characters? is that in the 6river sheets?
it's okay the distractions are (mostly) gone now

****ing people doing things

yeah sixriver sheets have jumpsquat, it's on the third tab

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
You can jump OoS on F1. I think WFT's jumpsquat is 5F
Speaking of jump squats, someone said Pac-Man's was frame 1. I don't believe it even though a couple of people agreed. >_>

Edit: Just checked, it's frame 5. Maybe they were talking about his Trampoline, but I don't really know.

Edit 2: Edit Harder: 上B is frame 1 which might be Trampoline.

Messing around with Samus in training and
how is her usmash even worse than Zelda's??? thanks Sakurai
Isn't Samus like a head taller than Zelda? She's supposed to be 6' 3" or 1.9 m in her suit or something. Except in "realistic" games where everyone's freaking 6' or 1.8 m, Samus is going to have trouble when only DK, Bowser, Triple D, Ganondorf who's supposed to be like 7' 6" or 2.3 m tall, Charizard, Mewtwo, Rosalina, and I think Palutena, Snake, and Captain Falcon are as tall or taller than her. Oh, and Ridley of course. Here's the kicker: not everyone is true to their height. Even Snake, he's 5' 11" or 1.8 m, is shorter than Samus, but he seems to be the same height in Brawl from what I remember. Falco and Wolf are supposed to be 6' or 1.8 m and last I checked, Falco stands under Samus enough where Up Smash can bypass him and Wolf's usually in a low stance and he's taller than Falco in Smash. Oh, and let's not forget about Olimar who's supposed to be the size of an ant, but lo, and behold, he's not too big, so we can make him bigger for Smash. And Bowser? Dude's like Ant Man if he could shrink and grow to whatever size he wants.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Why does Palutena's ftilt have to be so horrible? It's one of her coolest looking moves imo. Tbh I do use it sometimes in actual matches just because I like how it looks
Why is it so bad? Ftilt seems slow but it has good disjoint and walls off well.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
its not bad imo. its great for catching landings and covering rolls and spotdodges. the shield pressure is not bad either.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Comes out frame 17 (slower than a lot of smash attacks to start)
Ends like, frame 60~70? (as committal as even the laggiest smashes)
Only does 6% per hit and is probably only going to hit once at best

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
It's extremely slow and the hits almost never connect so you usually just get the first hit which only does 6%. Jab outclasses it in nearly every way.
its not bad imo. its great for catching landings and covering rolls and spotdodges. the shield pressure is not bad either.
I mean I guess you could use it for those things...but with a little prediction on their landing/roll/spotdodge, you could get a much larger punish. You'd be throwing out ftilt to predict those anyway, so why not go for the larger punish? The shield pressure is good but...I'm almost positive it's not safe on shield since it has a lot of ending lag

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
It's extremely slow and the hits almost never connect so you usually just get the first hit which only does 6%. Jab outclasses it in nearly every way.

I mean I guess you could use it for those things...but with a little prediction on their landing/roll/spotdodge, you could get a much larger punish. You'd be throwing out ftilt to predict those anyway, so why not go for the larger punish? The shield pressure is good but...I'm almost positive it's not safe on shield since it has a lot of ending lag
yeah but if their shield has 1/4 gone. im p sure the last hit will poke through. also because its safer if you use it when theyre landing. her smashes are p laggy and if you miss you'll get punished. due to the long duration, it's so much easier to get a ftilt and its less risky.

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky

My best friend uses Palutena a lot and I asked him what he thinks Ftilt is good for this was his response:

Quick punish, ledge guarding option, wall combos, waving hand dismissingly at opponents

Sounds like a show off kinda move if you ask me.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Palutena's tilts have such awful lag and cancel out any advantages they may have.

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
I'm trying bourbon for the first time!

And maybe the last. It's not bad, but I don't think this is the drink for me.

Lol Ikr

Edit: Bourbon isn't for everyone but it's definitely for me

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
yeah but if their shield has 1/4 gone. im p sure the last hit will poke through. also because its safer if you use it when theyre landing. her smashes are p laggy and if you miss you'll get punished. due to the long duration, it's so much easier to get a ftilt and its less risky.
Oh true it probably would poke through. Idk on a full shield, but maybe after a bair it would. Or if you do it when they're against the ledge it'd push them off. Oh and ftilt comes out frame 17, fsmash comes out frame 18, usmash comes out frame 18, and dsmash comes out frame 17. Ftilt's FAF is 68 while fsmash's is 67, usmash's is 68, and dsmash's is 72. sooo...they all have like the same lag. You'd get punished just as hard for using one of her smashes. Only good thing I see about it is that like you said it lasts forever

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Do Palutena's arm shield attacks like DA have projectile blocking properties? Can she block like Link/TL?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Do Palutena's arm shield attacks like DA have projectile blocking properties? Can she block like Link/TL?
She actually just has straight-up invincibility on dash attack. Bair is kinda like Link's shield I guess, the block area is much larger though and it can beat way more than just projectiles (you can even challenge things like Ness' PKT2 safely).

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
So here I am with a decent night's sleep and I don't know what to do with myself. Guess that means posting in the Zelda social.

How bout I tell stories tonight.

On the subject of my mains, well, I've only truly ever had one. I've actually told the story of how I chose Pika several times previously, so I'll just snap up one for you to peruse:

redfeatherraven said:
I originally picked up Pikachu because I had heard of how incredible he was in 64.

I proceeded to play Melee with him. That ended spectacularly, let me tell you.

Thankfully the playgroup I hung with was roughly casual due to size and time constraints, so we played mostly 4p free for all, giving me a chance to learn how to survive. I took that opportunity to learn how to spam thunderjolts into the middle of a crowd and see how long it took to die.

When the crew grew too big to get a game in edgewise, I started playing Brawl on the adjacent Wii setup. I even managed to single-handedly start a Brawl scene (of sorts) when other people came to play on the relatively unused Wii rather than wait for the Melee crowd to finish. The slower pace gave me time to think and react, and suddenly stuff clicked. Ever since, there could only be one.

Then I lost my playgroup and got crappy. I had enough fun that I didn't care and bought both Sm4shes anyway.

The end.

I've played around with and enjoyed other characters - Little Mac, Greninja, Troll Dog - but my loyalty has been pretty set.

tl;dr: Chose once, chose my destiny.
Honorable mention to my current secondaries, :4greninja: and :4littlemac:.

Other characters I've fiddled with include (:falcon64::kirby64::ness64:), (:lucario::lucas::marth::wolf:), (:4falcon::4duckhunt::4miigun::4ganondorf:). You'll note no other Melee candidates. That's intentional.

I don't think every gurl here told their love life yet. @ redfeatherraven redfeatherraven
@ redfeatherraven redfeatherraven said that he'd "get banned to hell at the speed of light" if he told his story so cross him off the list.
Mee-owth. That's right.

However, I do believe I can trim away enough points to make it...mostly acceptable. Spoiler'd nonetheless for length and spice.

Until approximately my senior year of high school, I was romantically hopeless. Prior to that I managed to both seek after chances I didn't have and blow all the ones I had. Probably the biggest contributing factor to this is simply being useless at social interaction in person, and constant failure compounded my lack of confidence. Senior year I met a girl online, we hit it off despite myself, and although it didn't work out in the end, it made me believe in myself again. Thus bolstered I managed to turn the situation around from then on.

I will say I've had few actual relationships, but a number of...well, let's call them dates. I've met everyone I've ever dated online in one way or another, with one exception. For my current relationship, and the majority of my dates prior to it, that was a dating site. I've been rather awkward in person until I get to know someone for most of my life, and beginning online lets me counteract that. Plus, I type better than I talk.

I didn't get my first serious girlfriend until 19. We met online, though I'll gloss over where. Although we cared for each other (at least for the majority of the relationship), we were founded for all intents on one principle. We exercised that principle in enough locales to begin a bingo sheet. I won't elaborate, but I will share this: For what I did on church grounds, if there is a God, I'm going to hell.

At some point we moved in together. Unfortunately that signaled the beginning of the end; turns out we weren't compatible day-to-day, and frankly she got sick of me. Despite my best efforts, within six months we were through. The morning after it was made official I woke up to find she'd taken all her clothes and half my DVDs with her to live with a friend. The friend had been recently married; within a week my ex was having an affair with the husband. Meanwhile, I never saw my special edition Fight Club DVD again.

For two years afterward I simply dated casually. At least once it nearly progressed to a serious relationship, but most times it ended decidedly more casually. I broke a few hearts, I had mine broken a few times, life persisted.

My current girlfriend, as I said, I met through a dating site. She lives with her family in a rural area an hour and a half from me, and our first meeting was at her house when her parents weren't home. Now this is a story I really must share.

By this time we'd already hit it off online, so it went pretty great. We went swimming, we made out for an hour or more on the back porch, I got to second base, and we watched a lovely sunset together. All in all a marvelous evening. However we both lost track of time, and her family returned home with just enough warning that we could make ourselves seem innocent, but not enough that I could escape. Thus, with little other option, I did the unthinkable - I stood on the porch and I greeted each member of her family as warmly as I could as they went in the house. Even shook a few hands. I wasn't invited inside, but I managed to pull it off smoothly enough (or at least astonish them enough with my bravery and/or audacity) that nobody got in any major hot water.

We've been dating ever since.

I'm also pleased to say we've done nothing but grow stronger over time. It was worth standing my ground that night, girl's amazing. :happysheep:

So yeah. I've had fun.

Enough of Red's story time for one night, though. Let's move on.

View attachment 50893
:(

I'm gonna miss being part of the post count > like count club
upload_2015-5-9_21-2-23.png

I ain't ever gettin in.

I'm really into shippings sometimes. :happysheep: maybe I should go to the :4robinf: social lol. @ Jestar Jestar maybe we can be shipping pals.:love:
The Robins are good peeps.

Somehow they ship less than you'd think though. Hasn't even come up recently.

MK ships exists for some reason.
Ooo, MK ships. Lemme share my favorite MK ship.

I'm sorry, I had to do it.

Ended up with 9w1, sexual variant. Took the test both ways, got the same thing both times.
Of course I'd get sexual variant, why am I even surprised.

Everyone, just read this thread to have your mind blown.
http://squidboards.com/threads/wow-look-at-all-these-techs-o.546/
It's sad, at first it looked like cooler heads would prevail.

Well, suppose I'll make the best of it. Let me go get my popcorn ready.

I'm trying bourbon for the first time!

And maybe the last. It's not bad, but I don't think this is the drink for me.
My :denzel:

If it ain't your thing, though, go for rum. Rum won't let you down.

Or Bailey's.

[EDIT]: But got damn am I stretching this page. My bad.

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
What exactly are the wind boxes on her Smash Attacks even good for?
tbh I use them to disrespectfully gimp Little Macs. To be serious tho, if your opponent doesn't shield and tries to rush in to punish they can push them away and make her f/dsmash safe. That's a pretty rare situation tho so they really aren't that useful

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Rum's actually the first alcoholic drink I tried

I like rum and brandy, specifically Kraken black rum and E&J VSOP brandy
Respect that. I have a bottle of Kraken threatening to tear down a shelf in my laundry room, though I've never paired it with brandy before.

Come to think of it I don't think I've ever gotten around to brandy, period. Huh. I should fix that.

If you want a smoother spiced rum, go for Blackheart. Personal favorite, I recommend it to all.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Respect that. I have a bottle of Kraken threatening to tear down a shelf in my laundry room, though I've never paired it with brandy before.

Come to think of it I don't think I've ever gotten around to brandy, period. Huh. I should fix that.

If you want a smoother spiced rum, go for Blackheart. Personal favorite, I recommend it to all.
oh I didn't mean I paired it with brandy lol, I just meant
I like rum
and I like brandy

Maybe they mix though? I mean I'm pretty sure they do. I haven't really tried anything mixed beyond adding stuff to coke, I'm pretty new to booze.

E&J VSOP's a pretty good brandy especially for the price, would recommend. I don't think I've seen Blackheart around here but I'll keep an eye out for it.

You guys are talking about alcohol and I'm just here like
Apple juice is gdlk

Drink? Hmm... I like water. Anyone else like water?
< *doesn't drink alcohol*
Water is less gdlk, but it makes coffee and tea and lemonade and other things so I can accept it

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
so like Tall swordfighter's F-smash covers all of antartica

Top Bottom