• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Today I found out that Shuttle Loop is surprisingly vulnerable to Hydro Pump

It can even work well against Dimensional Cape if you manage to catch MK with it before he teleports.

Also I like how the platform really tried to save MK but was just short of doing so =V
Where's the brawl version of Shuttle Loop when you need it?

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
@GingerGaymer Those were fun! You have a good Palutena, that's for sure. ^_^
Don't take offense when I say this, but these are matches for fun in a game with over 50 characters. Switch it up sometimes and use more than 1? In a tournament, I'd understand. But playing against the same character in a for fun match doesn't feel so fun anymore.
And I need to work on Zelda. >_<

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Where I live minimum wage is $10.30 per hour.

Then again, in Canada you're guaranteed at least $10+ depending on the province you're in.
Welcome to the US and the funny thing is that I live somewhat close to the Canadian border. :p

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Where I live minimum wage is $10.30 per hour.

Then again, in Canada you're guaranteed at least $10+ depending on the province you're in.
Even here in a different part of the US it's $9/hr

Also are you in Canadian or American dollars? Because that's $8.53 in American

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Welcome to the US and the funny thing is that I live somewhat close to the Canadian border. :p
My (parent's, actually) property actually touches a border fence so I could easily cross it if I wanted to.

Security don't exist where I live.
Even here in a different part of the US it's $9/hr

Also are you in Canadian or American dollars? Because that's $8.53 in American
It's in Canadian $'s.

Still better than what @ Ffamran Ffamran makes though.

But where I live, $100,000 will get you a high end luxury house so money goes farther here than other places in the country.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I wonder if Diddy has any bad matchups now that his combo ability has been affected

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
*takes chakra test* Receives this.

CHAKRA! CHAKRA! Explanation for all of this: http://www.eclecticenergies.com/chakras/introduction.php.
Onion and banana juice, yum yum!

Charizard is a big ball if cheese rolled into a heavyweight. I dare any of you to tell me otherwise. Jab, NAir, UTilt, and USmash are legit though. If he didn't have that copious super armor he'd be pretty trash. Bowser has a more solid design, especially for defensive play, but struggles more to land. Both characters have stupid grab ranges.

Is FThrow/BThrow to Dragon Rush confirmed? I'm pretty sure it's not but creates a tricky frame trap.

Last edited:
Oh whoops sorry :c
okay real smash story time since I literally just got off work

I think I first played the 64 version when I was in second grade or so, so around 7-8 years old. My next door neighbour was like 5 years older than I was but we would play video games all of the time and the only game system I owned was a Sega Saturn (with some really good games btw). I played Pikachu :pikachu64: and Kirby :kirby64:, though I don't remember if I was **** or if he was **** too.

Then I got a Gamecube for Christimas around 2004 I think? Maybe later? And I got Melee. During that time, my cousin was staying with us because he was studying here in the US, and he is also 5 years my senior. Aside from DK64 on his console he brought, we played the **** out of Melee. I mostly played Falco :falcomelee:, Mewtwo :mewtwomelee:, and Roy :roymelee:, and I'm pretty sure he stuck to Fox. That was probably around the first time I began to get a sense of "competition" for the game, mainly because we would argue over who was better between Fox and Falco, and he would always say Fox was because his Illusion and Fire Fox went farther than Falco's.

In 2007 I had enough money to buy a Wii, and got that along with Brawl. My friend spoiled the fact that the Ancient Minister was ROB for me, I was so mad. I remember I had recently played SA2B so I was playing Sonic :sonic: a lot when the game first came out. In 2008 we moved to Virginia, but before we left I went over to my friend's place and we played Melee. I lost to his brother's Link as Mewtwo on FD because Confusion was ****, and that was the point at which I decided I seriously wanted to improve.

So anyway we move to Virginia, and it kind of sucked because I was new but it was already 8th grade so everyone had their own little cliques, so making friends was hard. I went to one kid's birthday and we played Brawl but he was pretty ****. It was in the second half of eighth grade that I somehow stumbled onto smashboards, and discovered the ROB boards. Everybody in the social thread was so funny and awesome and just seemed like great people, so I decided I wanted in on that and made an account. They're the only reason I picked up and mained ROB :rob:, and were basically my second family because I was a pretty lonely kid up until my sophomore year of high school. From the ROB boards I started branching out into other parts of Smashboards, specifically the Lucario social, the Pikachu social, and Forum Games. Aside from ROB though, I also picked up Snake :snake:, Lucario :lucario:, and ZSS :zerosuitsamus:. But anyway yeah, Smashboards became like my home away from home. I felt so comfortable just talking with people about something I was really passionate about, and made lots of cool friends.

Though in 2011 school and life started to get in the way, and Smashboards was beginning its decline. We moved again, back to El Paso, and I only visited Smashboards sporadically. I stopped playing Brawl and played more Melee. I still played Falco, but now I played less Mewtwo and Roy and more Link :linkmelee: and Samus :samusmelee:, but in general I didn't play Smash a lot until 2013. I would mostly play Mario Kart, Guitar Hero, NSMBU, SM3DW, etc (this is how I got hooked on Rosalina btw).

In 2013 I finally started playing PM and I was pretty good with Zelda :zelda: and Ivysaur :ivysaur:. I would pop back into Smashboards a little more often to catch up with friends but sadly most people I knew and wanted to talk to didn't really log on anymore.

In general I didn't really keep up with Smash 4 news. Not because I wasn't excited/didn't care, but because somehow I was totally ignorant of it.

Last October, my friend gave me a code for the early Smash demo. Out of the 5 characters available, Villager :4villagerf: stuck out to me the most. I played the **** out of her, and that's when I "came back" to Smashboards for good, so I could post in the Villager forum. Then when the full game came out, I obviously had to play Rosalina.

So yeah, Villager and Rosalina :rosalina: are my must-play characters, but Smash 4's cast is so amazing that I like playing tons more. Wii Fit Trainer, Shulk, ROB, Sheik, Palutena, Robin, Charizard, Greninja, Lucina, ZSS, Olimar, Mega Man, and Mewtwo "mainly".

The End.

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I think we should have Smash demo tournaments

1.0.0, Omega Battlefield, 2 minutes, Mario, Link, Pikachu, Megaman, and Villager only.

Wonder what that metagame would look like.

Also I still want competitive coin battles

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Is FThrow/BThrow to Dragon Rush confirmed? I'm pretty sure it's not but creates a tricky frame trap.
Bthrow is on specific characters at specific percentages but is really tight and might be DIable, I don't think there's anything off fthrow.

Uthrow>Dragon Rush is also a thing at higher percents.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
wow im starting to use SH FF nair a lot at 70%. its amazing how it true combos into usmash and i think the sweetspot kills at 70% with only 50% rage.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
wow im starting to use SH FF nair a lot at 70%. its amazing how it true combos into usmash and i think the sweetspot kills at 70% with only 50% rage.
Jw, but is this from the first hit or second hit of nair? I've messed around with WFT nair combos before and I was able to get the first hit to a sweetspot usmash at around 70-100% but I've never tried the second hit into usmash

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Jw, but is this from the first hit or second hit of nair? I've messed around with WFT nair combos before and I was able to get the first hit to a sweetspot usmash at around 70-100% but I've never tried the second hit into usmash
the first hit. I'm p sure that at like 45% both hits will combo into usmash but it wouldnt kill so yeah. nair is everything though.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Wow. Deep Breathing usmash is the best vertically killing smash attack in the game iirc. So that's ridiculous.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
The splatoon competitive community is in a bad spot. Mostly due to negative reaction of any sort of comparison to smash. And I mean any sort, because people are getting mad at the concept of calling something a "tech." Why? Because it was "from smash bros". And apparently a tech either has to have complex inputs, or it has to be a glitch that wasn't intended. Who care if it could just be a simple thing to help improve your game and someone just put a name on it because? Let's fight over it instead!

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Wow. Deep Breathing usmash is the best vertically killing smash attack in the game iirc. So that's ridiculous.
its basically a stronger brawl peach usmash. the sourspot is still p strong and you can run into people and do it and it'll work. it combos out of jab combo and SH FF nair. which makes it amazing. if it didn't have true set ups, it would be one of her worst moves but because it does. its a great move.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
The splatoon competitive community is in a bad spot. Mostly due to negative reaction of any sort of comparison to smash. And I mean any sort, because people are getting mad at the concept of calling something a "tech." Why? Because it was "from smash bros". And apparently a tech either has to have complex inputs, or it has to be a glitch that wasn't intended. Who care if it could just be a simple thing to help improve your game and someone just put a name on it because? Let's fight over it instead!
WTF? Really? Tech is used in all games even stupid games like Cookie Clicker. Tech, short for technique, is just a thing you can do. Strafing is a basic tech in shooters. I mean, seriously? What, is that forbidden now because it's a tech? Idiots.

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Tourney results for today!

Came 5th in Sm4sh (I played ass though but I decided to pick up Swordfighter as a secondary against Peach & the winner of the tournament was our good sis @EOE so all is good in the world)

Came 5th in Melee with my 2 week old Jigglypuff

And came 2nd in PM with solo Zelda (2nd time playing btw)

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Squidboards are going crazy. I don't get why they would argue over a simple word. Tech = Technique. Doesn't have to be a glitch. That Splatterhopping or whatever we're calling it certainly qualifies. >.>

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
JESUS, I was 20+ pages behind........................... never again :sadsheep:(I skipped the last 10 BTW, the original approximate 10 took like an hour to read)
Anyway, how were you gorls?

Top Bottom