• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Tethers will start searching for a ledge within range and if one's there they grapple it but preserve the character's momentum. TL jumped before he tethered so it flung him up in a weird way. ^This is unsafe so you don't see it often. It doesn't matter how fast a character is moving, only that they start the tether in range of the ledge. I think tethers still work like tethers (as opposed to attacks) slightly out of ledge range which is why you see the animation when they miss.
How can you force or prioritize Zair and vice versa?

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Pretty sure it's just jump --> zair

EDIT I have tested this

jump + tilt in direction of stage + zair at the same time
Dang I'm still having trouble doing it, guess it just take precise timing

Rizen

Smash Legend
How can you force or prioritize Zair and vice versa?
In Brawl, and I'm assuming SSB4 too, Zair would search for a ledge on frames 1-5 and the tether would come out as soon as it found one. If it didn't find a ledge the attack started frame 10 for Link. There's a rough half circle around grab-able ledges that counts as tether range.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
That's what I'm talking about.

They got nothing on the dark gentle knight who can single handily beat them all by unleashing his *true power.

*=:metaknight:
I blame subspace emissary, seems forced as hell by the smash bros fanart/shipping organization. Like MK attacked Marf and was like "whoops my b" then Ike came outta nowhere.
When Halberd came out of the clouds MK ditched them, he was more friendly with :4lucario: in Brawl. But everyone in Brawl is a ****** since they sacrificed Halberd right after he got it back.

The Lucina fanart is always revolving around MK being 'thupah kute' and 'i wear a mask too'. :awesome:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I blame subspace emissary, seems forced as hell by the smash bros fanart/shipping organization. Like MK attacked Marf and was like "whoops my b" then Ike came outta nowhere.
When Halberd came out of the clouds MK ditched them, he was more friendly with :4lucario: in Brawl. But everyone in Brawl is a ****** since they sacrificed Halberd right after he got it back.

The Lucina fanart is always revolving around MK being 'thupah kute' and 'i wear a mask too'. :awesome:
I'm not too keen on LucinaxMK. I always prefer Palucina. =w= (Plus, I'm more of a yuri kind of person. I rarely approve of yaoi stuff. =w=)

Brawl's Subspace was dope. That felt more like levels straight out of Kirby.

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
Time for me to finally talk about personality and my (nonexistent) love life! (Which are both totally irrelevant now ._.)

So I generally register as an INTP with the 16 personalities test. The first time I took it, my results were - Introverted: 72%, Intuitive: 28%, Thinking: 12%, Prospecting: 48%, Turbulent: 7%. However, the most recent time I took it, I got INFP, which makes sense because I'm a pretty sensitive person and I try to help or please people that I know. However, the T also fits as well since I oftentimes have trouble understanding people's emotions, find it difficult to get emotional myself unless I am personally being attacked and I often retreat to thought and won't take action a lot of times without take the time to think deeply about doing so first (hence why this post is so late haha). I forget to email myself the specific results from my most recent test though, unfortunately. I think I'm somewhere between INTP and INFP.

There is another really good personality test out there called the Enneagram, which I think identified me very well. http://www.eclecticenergies.com/enneagram/test.php
The test eventually labels you as one of 9 types and can give you a wing to narrow things down. I fall in personality type 9 and likely have an 8 wing. 9s are "The Peacemakers", which fits for me since I like to avoid conflict at nearly all costs and am generally pretty tolerant and easy going. I have been told that in the rare moments when I do get angry, it seems that I explode and come out of nowhere. I also tend to be pretty optimistic, though I'm feeling pretty sour and anxious right now, so that's not always the case. Check the test out, it's good.

Onto love life and sexuality. I'm straight and the only relationship I've been in was when I was four year old. We mostly just played together and she switched schools the year after. Never kissed. Not even sure if she knew that she was my girlfriend or not.

Currently, I go to an all boys school and don't have the chance to talk to girls much since I never go to dances or anything. Since 9th grade, I've planned to leave any romance for college, where I thought I might have a better chance to be able to find a girlfriend with similar interests and be able to hold onto her longer and have a steady relationship until marriage. Going from girl to girl just wouldn't be the right thing to do for me. Now that I'm going to college in the fall, I'll probably start my search soon :). I'll probably end up being foolish and awkward in front of my first crush, but it can't be helped :urg:.

So that's my love story. I found it interesting to read everyone else's in this thread, especially from those who are gay. I never understood why so many people have problems with homosexuality and being different in general. It made me really happy to see so many of you guys and gals open up. Thanks for the interesting reads.
It seems I'm Type 5 Wing 4. I really like this test, usually when I take a test that really tries to in depth describing certain personalities, they are usually some traits of it that I don't feel they describe me, but there weren't any when I took this test.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
YOU JOCKBLOCKED THE WRONG ADEPT LOL

Omg I'm dying
Oh man I forgot about how good the writing was, I had the game "completed" in ~2 hours and then I was just skipping dialogue for the ~50 hours I did scorerunning and finished up challenges.

I should go replay every stage without skipping dialogue tonight

@levani this is very similar to megaman games BUT IT JUST TURNED INTO A TOUHOU GAME LOL
dude **** viper

gunvolt is too big for danmaku ;_;

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I just got the trophy for getting liked 100 times, but I still don't have the one for making 100 posts.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Oh man I forgot about how good the writing was, I had the game "completed" in ~2 hours and then I was just skipping dialogue for the ~50 hours I did scorerunning and finished up challenges.

I should go replay every stage without skipping dialogue tonight

dude **** viper

gunvolt is too big for danmaku ;_;
I'm playing the plant stage atm and the flower is destroying me lolol

I hope the boss is near

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Why did everything get centered?

I also went to Brawl's Zelda Social. It has like 900 less pages.

Now nothing is centered. What happened?

Last edited:

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
It seems I'm Type 5 Wing 4. I really like this test, usually when I take a test that really tries to in depth describing certain personalities, they are usually some traits of it that I don't feel they describe me, but there weren't any when I took this test.
Wuhu, a fellow 5 :D hey you need to add me sometime Cenizas o:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Hey I'm a Smash Ace now! That means I know what I'm doing right? Right???/

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I was trying to return to the stage so I sent out a Phantom and instead of my opponent shielding it they FSMASHED IT AND KILLED IT AS IT CAME OUT
the most brutal form of disrespect omg

I can see Ganondorf being Link's landlord, and the two having more of a rivalry.
You mean Din, Farore, and Nayru being joint landladies, and Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf being tenants. Link and Zelda are the young couple tryna scrape by and Ganondorf is their noisy neighbour who is constantly harrassing them.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I took the test, got 5 wing 6

This actually sounds a lot like me wow 0.o

I've never had a personality test do that before

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
You mean Din, Farore, and Nayru being joint landladies, and Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf being tenants. Link and Zelda are the young couple tryna scrape by and Ganondorf is their noisy neighbour who is constantly harrassing them.
I was thinking more of the HW cast. XP
I had the idea of Y. Link being Link's well... younger brother. Agitha being a yandere, Lana being an IDOL. And Midna being a child. o.o

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
I was trying to return to the stage so I sent out a Phantom and instead of my opponent shielding it they FSMASHED IT AND KILLED IT AS IT CAME OUT
the most brutal form of disrespect omg
I've had this happen to me many many times.

Ganon's uptilt got nothing on this.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
i'm type 3. so basically, im self confident

2/16
http://challonge.com/2oiy48y3
im sad

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I also just took the test and got type 4 wing 5. It's surprisingly accurate.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
I also just took the test and got type 4 wing 5. It's surprisingly accurate.
My sister's also a 4w5! I think it was also you who I mentioned that she had similar music tastes with or something. Interesting...

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I also just took the test and I got type 2 wing 3. Reading up on type 2 and it does sound very similar to me...wow. These personality tests are so interesting

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Type 5 - 6.3
Type 4 - 6
Type 8 - 6
Type 6 - 5.3
Type 1 - 5.3
Type 3 - 5
Type 7 - 5
Type 9 - 4.7
Type 2 - 4

I get the impression it had a slightly difficult time judging me.
Going by the descriptions, I'd say I'm some combination of 5 and 8 (with little bits of every other type), but apparently that isn't a valid result, so *shrug*

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
I posted my results earlier but I got type 3 wing 3. It doesn't describe me at all but it was fun to do so there's that.

Top Bottom