• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Rizen

Smash Legend
The fact that every time you play a single level multiple times and have things go completely differently.
Whao, what? Maybe I'm jaded from farming materials but one of my major complaints was how each level feels very limited and scripted so you have to play the level how it's intended.
For example my efficient way to play Ganon's tower (farmed for those elusive Ganon Tusks):

Start>head to Fairy Fountain to take keep then beat summoner>Take south middle keep and fight Argorok in the process>move north over bridge and take out dinofos>destroy beamos in central keep>take out commanders threatening bombchu>save midna/lana>take out 2nd Argorok>go down through the north east keep, beating beamos and take it>take out central keep if it hasn't been done by allies and beat stalfos to make bombchu move>If on intense difficulty go north and east around and take out east keep before ganondorf arrives>take out central keep>go south over bridge again and take out gate keeper to castle keep>destroy beamos in castle keep and take the keep>take out remaining dinofos and stallmasters (Darunia will die because Link can't move during the sword lifting cutscene)>beat ganondorf with focus spirit (and be sure to grab the material)>beat ganon.

All levels play the same (for that difficulty) every time. The only variation is in adventure mode with minor things like where manhandla stalks pop up.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Whao, what? Maybe I'm jaded from farming materials but one of my major complaints was how each level feels very limited and scripted so you have to play the level how it's intended.
For example my efficient way to play Ganon's tower (farmed for those elusive Ganon Tusks):

Start>head to Fairy Fountain to take keep then beat summoner>Take south middle keep and fight Argorok in the process>move north over bridge and take out dinofos>destroy beamos in central keep>take out commanders threatening bombchu>save midna/lana>take out 2nd Argorok>go down through the north east keep, beating beamos and take it>take out central keep if it hasn't been done by allies and beat stalfos to make bombchu move>If on intense difficulty go north and east around and take out east keep before ganondorf arrives>take out central keep>go south over bridge again and take out gate keeper to castle keep>destroy beamos in castle keep and take the keep>take out remaining dinofos and stallmasters (Darunia will die because Link can't move during the sword lifting cutscene)>beat ganondorf with focus spirit (and be sure to grab the material)>beat ganon.

All levels play the same (for that difficulty) every time. The only variation is in adventure mode with minor things like where manhandla stalks pop up.
That's because you use the same strategy. Try going and taking the northern keeps first, and then the battle will be very different.

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
Go check it out yourself, but don't blame us if you... change your tendencies and interests. :^)
I go to work today, finally get back home and settle in after doing chores and you crazies have already added on 5 more pages I have to read through >,,>
Oh and I read 89, although my tendencies and interests are unchanged since they were already like that in the first place.
I had no idea most of mah sisters were into such things.
Gotdayum Zelda boards are the best.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
You only need 3 ganon fangs for Link and you can easily get those by playing the top left 3 or 4 squares to the right square on adventure mode.
If anything, before I found out about the manhandler (I kno it's manhandla but it handles me so roughly) and two argoroks stage I used ganon's tower specifically for ember farming.

Thing I hated most before I maxed out most peoples badges after 210+ hours of playing is the fact argoroks stones were more common for me over the embers...

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
@ Lozjam Lozjam have you tried dash canceling C3 and putting another one there yet? That makes her a lot better and easier to use.
I have, but I still think the whole cast is more useful, can do what Agitha does only better, and you can use Agitha, but she still isn't as good as the rest of the cast.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Yeah I also used the Ganon's tower mission to farm argorok and Ganondorf materials.

That's because you use the same strategy. Try going and taking the northern keeps first, and then the battle will be very different.
All the enemies and events always play out the same way in the same order. Being efficient just makes it easier.
Take the very first level: join impa>save goron captain>get chest with bombs (even if you already have them)>join zelda>take 2 central keeps>go to fairy fountain>beat king dadongo. In that order, no exceptions.

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
I have, but I still think the whole cast is more useful, can do what Agitha does only better, and you can use Agitha, but she still isn't as good as the rest of the cast.
I still am certain that she's better than zant and cia. Zants Cs don't have any use and cia is just weak and really underwhelming. If you experiment more with Agithas Cs Her C1 and C4 are really useful. She's super underrated but if you master her moves she'll easily be better than 1/4 of the cast. Juggling characters in the air is what she does better than most of the cast. Please use her just a little more and maybe you'll see where I'm coming from.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Imo Zant and Ruto get a lot of their value from their level 1 strong attack options. Ruto builds up water and can shoot it out in waves and zant builds energy and can go on a frenzy. These make up for their poor options in other areas somewhat. They're still not good characters but get a boost for those.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I still am certain that she's better than zant and cia. Zants Cs don't have any use and cia is just weak and really underwhelming. If you experiment more with Agithas Cs Her C1 and C4 are really useful. She's super underrated but if you master her moves she'll easily be better than 1/4 of the cast. Juggling characters in the air is what she does better than most of the cast. Please use her just a little more and maybe you'll see where I'm coming from.
No she really isn't. Zant C's do have uses, and Cia is quite powerful.
Plus this
Imo Zant and Ruto get a lot of their value from their level 1 strong attack options. Ruto builds up water and can shoot it out in waves and zant builds energy and can go on a frenzy. These make up for their poor options in other areas somewhat. They're still not good characters but get a boost for those.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I could have gotten Hyrule Warriors when Best Buy was doing the Buy 1, Get 40% off salfe but I got Bayonetta 2 and Expand Dong: Tropical Freeze instead. However, I'll probably borrow Hyrule Warriors from a friend sometime next year.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I was thinking about getting Hyrule Warriors but I kept hearing people say that Dynasty Warriors gameplay gets boring after awhile. So I saved up for Smash and a controller instead.

And I'm glad that Zelda U leak was fake simply because I want Ganondorf to be in a new game. The cutscene thing sounds nice too, since I like a good story in my games. But the thing about reading only Miiverse comments worries me a bit, lol.

EDIT: This page needs more FujinCats.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I was thinking about getting Hyrule Warriors but I kept hearing people say that Dynasty Warriors gameplay gets boring after awhile. So I saved up for Smash and a controller instead.

And I'm glad that Zelda U leak was fake simply because I want Ganondorf to be in a new game. The cutscene thing sounds nice too, since I like a good story in my games. But the thing about reading only Miiverse comments worries me a bit, lol.

Hyrule Warriors is super fun, and the bosses, collectables, big enemies, and characters really help shake to things up

Farorae

Smash Ace

I actually thought it was going to be really boring at first as well but it's actually pretty damn fun. I recommend playing co-op because that was really fun (even though it downs the graphics noticeably). The game might fool you at first by being really easy but it really does get harder even if a lot of the enemies stand still for at least a minute.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Hyrule Warriors is super fun, and the bosses, collectables, big enemies, and characters really help shake to things up
I actually thought it was going to be really boring at first as well but it's actually pretty damn fun. I recommend playing co-op because that was really fun (even though it downs the graphics noticeably). The game might fool you at first by being really easy but it really does get harder even if a lot of the enemies stand still for at least a minute.
Thanks for the overview guys. I decided a while ago that it will be my next Wii U game, but I want to expand my 3DS library first.
I'll probably end up getting it now that I've heard better things about it.

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
I've brought optimism to the jigglypuff threads. I made a MU thread and the boards are a lot more active now. Time to take over Smashboards with my optimism

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I've brought optimism to the jigglypuff threads. I made a MU thread and the boards are a lot more active now. Time to take over Smashboards with my optimism
Except Jiggs is legitimately pretty good, and buffed from Brawl....

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
Except Jiggs is legitimately pretty good, and buffed from Brawl....
No it was just depressing how it wasn't active at all. Like a post would only appear in like 2 days

In HWs, My favorite is Lana&SummonerGate. My second is Zelda&Baton. Then my third is agitha.

Last edited:

Alphatron

Smash Champion
The Earthbound masterpiece is hilarious. I'm surprised they didn't make a challenge that required you to reach Starman Junior before the demo ended. I'm not sure who thought playing 5 minutes of an rpg with a slow start would be a good way to sell someone on the game.

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
I just got back from a 40 man tournament and got 2nd. The person who got first used Shulk, a counter to both my characters. *CRIES*

Top Bottom