• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Well, Link seems to counter Shulk pretty well. I also do pretty well against Shulk with Ganondorf.
Lana with summoning gate, not the best character... But not to Shabby either.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
so it seems that projectile and heavy characters do well against him.
I can help you with Link. I began retraining him today, and I have a pretty firm grasp on him now. My Ganondorf got exponentially better too.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Anything with an off-stage game does well against both.

Ray Gun vs Ganondorf/Ike is like a 90/10 match-up.
Ummm I respectfully disagree. Especially with custom moves, Ganondorf has the tools to work against projectiles. Even without, a good Ganondorf still knows to work against them.
can we play tomorrow? and give me tips on link. I tried ganon but hes not my character.
Sure, I believe I can do tomorrow.

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
Would anyone like to play a few matches? I'm learning different match ups for peach and Yoshi.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I've been practicing offline and am getting better control. I'll be glad when, if ever, the dumb GCController adapters come out again. Now I know about the stupid ledge eating your jump thing; that got me a lot :facepalm:. I'll play someone on wifi if you want. I need to learn the MUs.

Would anyone like to play a few matches? I'm learning different match ups for peach and Yoshi.
I'll play. Don't expect much though.

Last edited:

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
Where did hyrule candy place? *smirk*
You sadist you.

I thought the Zelda boards were a place for masochists.
Hey, basic question to all of you but how do you put a large text in a spoilers thing ?
I'm making a comprehensive post about Bayonetta's potential moveset and how she'd be toned down in Smash :D

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
I've been practicing offline and am getting better control. I'll be glad when, if ever, the dumb GCController adapters come out again. Now I know about the stupid ledge eating your jump thing; that got me a lot :facepalm:. I'll play someone on wifi if you want. I need to learn the MUs.

I'll play. Don't expect much though.
ok I will add you and make a room.

rabbit.soaring

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rabbit.soaring
3DS FC
0130-2883-3067
You sadist you.

Hey, basic question to all of you but how do you put a large text in a spoilers thing ?
I'm making a comprehensive post about Bayonetta's potential moveset and how she'd be toned down in Smash :D
tehe

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Ummm I respectfully disagree. Especially with custom moves, Ganondorf has the tools to work against projectiles. Even without, a good Ganondorf still knows to work against them.
No one said projectiles. I said off-stage game.

A good Ganondorf is still bound by physics/gravity. This being said as a good Ganondorf.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what's a Ray Gun?

Last edited:

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
You sadist you.

[ spoiler ] and [ /spoiler ] for a regular spoiler no spaces
Hi
[ spoiler= whatever you want it to be named ] and [ /spoiler ] for this one
Hi

I think that was what you was asking for?

Lozjam

Smash Champion
No one said projectiles. I said off-stage game.

A good Ganondorf is still bound by physics/gravity. This being said as a good Ganondorf.

The Gerudo and WDK would like to have a word with you.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Hi
Hi

Also works with "collapse" instead of "spoiler"

Last edited:

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
Hi
Hi

Thank you so much D3rk! Amazing as always ^-^

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
@ Lozjam Lozjam

HYRULE WARRIORS TIER LIST

SS+ Tier:
True Form Midna

Easily the most absurd set of normals I've ever seen, she has GREAT FAIRY AOE without the gigantic hurtbox. Fast and very disjointed attacks and a pretty powerful musou, her only weakness really is that she can't one shot some officer weak points. Also her strong attack is absurd, it's basically a musou itself.

Special mentions to C6 destroying giant bosses/the entire map.

SS Tier:

Volga, Zelda (Rapier)

Volga:

Easily one of the strongest heroes at the moment, his moveset does EVERYTHING, is incredibly fast and hits extremely hard.

C2 infinites, guard breaks(!!!) and breaks WPs, C3 destroys giant bosses, C4 is fast waveclear, C5 is Ganondorf's C6 but with invulnerability and fire element (lol) and his Giant Boss killer thing is incredible.

His weakpoint smash doesn't have huge hitboxes though, and his musou downright sucks.

Zelda:

Easily one of safest weapons in the game, very fast, good dps (especially vs single target), excellent dueling musou which can still clear waves, destroys officer (C2 one shots them) and giant boss weakpoints (C4, C5).

Incredible WPS on Officers and Giant Bosses, a very good dodge, and acceptable waveclear with C5.

Unfortunately her Light Orbs suck aside from C4 and C5 but they're very situational because they're hard to use.

S Tier:

Sheik, Link

Sheik:

Serenade of Water. LOL

Link:

I'm putting all his weapons here even though it's clear that the Master Sword is his best one. I haven't played Epona or Spinner yet.

Master Sword (S tier): Pretty amazing weapon, you can get a lot of mileage simply by spamming C1. Also if you're on full HP then sword beams are a cool projectile. Not really much to say, it's just above average in everything. You really need to unseal it though.

It's very effective, but also mindnumbingly boring to play as.

Magic Rod (A Tier): See sword but worse. Link has this problem where the Master Sword outclasses every weapon he has.

Gauntlet (B tier): Good weapon, nice damage and AoE but you're left VERY vulnerable while using it to the point where it's simply not really that viable. It's much more fun to play as than Magic Rod and Sword though, lol.

Giant Fairy (D tier): Incredible damage and waveclear, incredible musou, but... GIGANTIC hurtbox, and comparatively very low DPS.

She also struggles to kill weakpoints (and half the time I can't even see what the bosses are doing).

A Tier:

Cia, Lana (Book), Ganondork, Midna, Ghirahim

B Tier:

Impa, Darunia, Wizzro

C Tier:

Zelda (Baton), Fi, Zant, Lana (Gate)

D Tier:

Lana (Stick), Ruto

Fail Tier:

Agitha

@ Lozjam Lozjam i cbf doing more explanations, I mean, we both know quite a bit about this game, so I'll mention a few things:

Impa: solid
Darunia: solid
Wizzro: weird, but ultimately solid
Baton: play it in all attacks are devestating LOL
Fi: amazing aoe but poor dueling, also C3 is LOL
Stick: Good lord it's bad
Ruto: Would be a good character but unfortunately nothing is dodge cancellable and also has strange hitboxes that don't match animations
Agitha: agitha

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Stick is actually decent if you do nothing but spam weak hits.

Zelda with the Dominion Rod is also fairly bad tier.

Link with Horse/Spinner are ****ing lol. The brokenness of Sword + being 100% mobile all the time.

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
Imo lana summoner gate gate is b tier. I would do an agitha discussion but ill go no where but i think shes better than ruto

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I've played with dominion rod and it actually looks absurdly broken

but I only played it for one mission because smash 4

but yea it has more potential than rapier imo

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Imo lana summoner gate gate is b tier. I would do an agitha discussion but ill go no where but i think shes better than ruto
gate is bad

agitha can be better than ruto when she gets invulnerability

also ruto destroys giant bosses for some reason

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
It's not all it's cracked up to be due to the endlag on everything you do outweighing your damage output.

On the bright side your special basically being Zelda swinging it like a baseball bat looks hilarious.

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
GGs. Man that lag was terrible. We both got lag burnt a lot lol. Sorry for the SDs. Link really suffers in lag.

Anyone else want to play?
GGs its been laggy today. For the first time I experienced input lag in for glory which is the worst feeling ever. None thus less good link. It was really difficult for me to get in. I'd like to play your Zelda next time.

Rizen

Smash Legend
GGs its been laggy today. For the first time I experienced input lag in for glory which is the worst feeling ever. None thus less good link. It was really difficult for me to get in. I'd like to play your Zelda next time.
Yeah the input lag was terrible. Good Peach still.
Sorry about Zelda. I still can't get the directions right on this Pro controller when I try to upB. It's weird; I should have it by now. Zelda keeps teleporting about 35 degrees from where I think I'm aiming. :facepalm:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Zelda with the Dominion Rod is also fairly bad tier.
No.

gate is bad

agitha can be better than ruto when she gets invulnerability

also ruto destroys giant bosses for some reason
Gate is meh, Argorok saves this weapon.
You can cancel Ruto's C4 though and each one gives half a meter of water, since she just spams X all day. And guess she destroys bosses cause the 3 water balls she tosses has hitboxes fer some reason.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Ladies, I need some advice. How do I stop a girl from flirting and liking me without hurting her feelings and keeping our mutual friendship?
@ Lozjam Lozjam

HYRULE WARRIORS TIER LIST

SS+ Tier:
True Form Midna

Easily the most absurd set of normals I've ever seen, she has GREAT FAIRY AOE without the gigantic hurtbox. Fast and very disjointed attacks and a pretty powerful musou, her only weakness really is that she can't one shot some officer weak points. Also her strong attack is absurd, it's basically a musou itself.

Special mentions to C6 destroying giant bosses/the entire map.

SS Tier:

Volga, Zelda (Rapier)

Volga:

Easily one of the strongest heroes at the moment, his moveset does EVERYTHING, is incredibly fast and hits extremely hard.

C2 infinites, guard breaks(!!!) and breaks WPs, C3 destroys giant bosses, C4 is fast waveclear, C5 is Ganondorf's C6 but with invulnerability and fire element (lol) and his Giant Boss killer thing is incredible.

His weakpoint smash doesn't have huge hitboxes though, and his musou downright sucks.

Zelda:

Easily one of safest weapons in the game, very fast, good dps (especially vs single target), excellent dueling musou which can still clear waves, destroys officer (C2 one shots them) and giant boss weakpoints (C4, C5).

Incredible WPS on Officers and Giant Bosses, a very good dodge, and acceptable waveclear with C5.

Unfortunately her Light Orbs suck aside from C4 and C5 but they're very situational because they're hard to use.

S Tier:

Sheik, Link

Sheik:

Serenade of Water. LOL

Link:

I'm putting all his weapons here even though it's clear that the Master Sword is his best one. I haven't played Epona or Spinner yet.

Spinner (SS Tier)
Spinner has such quick speed in movement, plus AOE and power, it just beats the Master Sword out. Spinner has some really nice infinites and clears out keeps very quickly. It gauges through weakness meters and shields very well.
It also is a lot more fun to play as than the Master Sword IMO

Master Sword (S tier): Pretty amazing weapon, you can get a lot of mileage simply by spamming C1. Also if you're on full HP then sword beams are a cool projectile. Not really much to say, it's just above average in everything. You really need to unseal it though.

It's very effective, but also mindnumbingly boring to play as.

Magic Rod (C Tier): See sword but worse. Link has this problem where the Master Sword outclasses every weapon he has.

Gauntlet (B tier): Good weapon, nice damage and AoE but you're left VERY vulnerable while using it to the point where it's simply not really that viable. It's much more fun to play as than Magic Rod and Sword though, lol.

Giant Fairy (D tier): Incredible damage and waveclear, incredible musou, but... GIGANTIC hurtbox, and comparatively very low DPS.

She also struggles to kill weakpoints (and half the time I can't even see what the bosses are doing).

A Tier:

Cia, Lana (Book), Ganondork, Midna, Ghirahim, Impa(Sword)

B Tier:

Impa(Naginata), Darunia, Wizzro,

C Tier:

Fi, Zant, Lana (Gate)

D Tier:

Lana (Stick), Ruto, Zelda(Baton)

Fail Tier:

Agitha

@ Lozjam Lozjam i cbf doing more explanations, I mean, we both know quite a bit about this game, so I'll mention a few things:

Impa: solid
Darunia: solid
Wizzro: weird, but ultimately solid
Baton: play it in all attacks are devestating LOL
Fi: amazing aoe but poor dueling, also C3 is LOL
Stick: Good lord it's bad
Ruto: Would be a good character but unfortunately nothing is dodge cancellable and also has strange hitboxes that don't match animations
Agitha: agitha
fantastic list! I actually have many characters in the same place, though I also accounted movement speed too. As it is important to keep moving and get to keeps/allies quickly.
So yeah I made some changes above and here's why.

Baton Zelda has sort of the same problem Ruto has, her attacks leave you open. But it is somewhat weaker than her sword. I'm just not too keen on it.

Magic Rod for Link is very average. I think it is C tier for that reason. Many weapons and characters can do what it does, but slightly better. It is still pretty good though.

Impa(Giant Sword), I bumped it up do to the 1 on 1 action it can get.

I think that's pretty much all of my changes. I put spinner in there and the reasoning. Other than these changes I so agree. We are still missing Dominion Rod Zelda, I haven't played her yet. Some other DLC too.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Ladies, I need some advice. How do I stop a girl from flirting and liking me without hurting her feelings and keeping our mutual friendship?
There's no easy way out of that if it's more than just flirting and liking. If it's only that and you've already noticed just tell her you're not interested but that you're happy to be friends with her. She might pull away for a little bit but then will/might come back.

If, however, it's more than just "liking you," yeah, that's gonna be pretty rough.

PM me if you wanna talk more about it~

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
argorok is really slow tho

i mean, in a dynasty warriors game, meh is ultimately bad

also i just mean ruto's basic attack string destroys bosses

fantastic list! I actually have many characters in the same place, though I also accounted movement speed too. As it is important to keep moving and get to keeps/allies quickly.
So yeah I made some changes above and here's why.

Baton Zelda has sort of the same problem Ruto has, her attacks leave you open. But it is somewhat weaker than her sword. I'm just not too keen on it.

Magic Rod for Link is very average. I think it is C tier for that reason. Many weapons and characters can do what it does, but slightly better. It is still pretty good though.

Impa(Giant Sword), I bumped it up do to the 1 on 1 action it can get.

I think that's pretty much all of my changes. I put spinner in there and the reasoning. Other than these changes I so agree. We are still missing Dominion Rod Zelda, I haven't played her yet. Some other DLC too.
I THOUGHT MOVEMENT SPEED WAS DIFFERENT ACROSS THE CAST

do you have a list? would be interested to see it

I'm pretty sure Zelda's is really high and Great Fairy is Agitha tier.

I'm glad we agree on most things, it means I have a fairly good handle on the meta

i might nap and then play some HW

I don't have any advice for you about women because I'm awkward around em

Maybe @ZombieBran could help out

Top Bottom