• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

What about Robin?

Edit: Gonna sleep now. Good night friends. Yes, I include Levnei now

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
:4mewtwo:loses to pretty much every top/high tier character.

:4fox::4falcon::rosalina:are incredibly rough for him.

But he does beat a handful of the lower tier characters I believe, so I mean he's not garbage as everyone says. Probably mid/low tier IMO.

Spirst

Mewtwo is weird. There are times where I do things like this:

And then there are times where I kind of get thrown around everywhere and think, "Okay, now what?" Overall, I think he's definitely usable and not as bad as people who make him out to be. I think a lot of people are just **** with him and don't have the hang of his awkward mobility/setups and then prematurely judge him. He's not amazing and does have some struggles with the upper echelon of characters (though Luigi/Ness have never given me too much trouble and Rosalina is difficult but manageable considering Luma dies early here) but I wouldn't outright say he's awful.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
tbh I feel like Falcon would be one of his better top tier MUs in theory, jab should beat all his approaches and his recovery is gimpable.

I guess he might wreck Mewtwo even faster than Mewtwo wrecks him though, and I've heard Mewtwo's hurtbox size means dthrow>sweetspot knee is actually guaranteed on him...

Mewtwo is weird. There are times where I do things like this:

And then there are times where I kind of get thrown around everywhere and think, "Okay, now what?" Overall, I think he's definitely usable and not as bad as people who make him out to be. I think a lot of people are just **** with him and don't have the hang of his awkward mobility/setups and then prematurely judge him. He's not amazing and does have some struggles with the upper echelon of characters (though Luigi/Ness have never given me too much trouble and Rosalina is difficult but manageable considering Luma dies early here) but I wouldn't outright say he's awful.
I can definitely agree with this. Despite his problems the character has way too much going for him to be considered awful.

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
Omg gorls, I finally know why Zelda so slow.

Just actually try running in a dress/skirt. You'll do it just like her I'm not even kidding.
I know now from personal experience.

Also I guess it's probably easier in a ball gown like Peach because you can actually lift your dress up from the floor and run without constraint but wow it's really hard and I'm suddenly okay with Zelda's terrible running speed since it's logical.
Logical unlike the hair flicking animation.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Mewtwo is not a bad character himself, it's just that the meta is not friendly to him at all what with he having bad MUs against a lot of the upper cast.

I mean it's already tough for Greninja who has 3 bad top tier MUs, Mewtwo is even worse on that regard.

The character itself though does have some nice moves to him and a cool playstyle, I would probably be interested in playing him some if it wasn't for the fact that I don't care about the character himself in the least =V

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Zelda beats mewtwo pretty bad. He's basically Zelda with less combos, and higher damage per hit. And like way lighter.

I think this be Zelda's best MU

WiiFit does well against Mewtwo.

PUK

Smash Ace
NNID
Simlock92
3DS FC
4141-4118-5477
Idk, zelda has some trouble getting in. But it's true that we can kill him earlier, and some of our move are way faster.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
@ Lavani Lavani I was looking for the Japanese spreadsheet of all characters' frame data (I think.) do you know where I could find it? (Or, provide me with a :4link:? :3)

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Omg gorls, I finally know why Zelda so slow.

Just actually try running in a dress/skirt. You'll do it just like her I'm not even kidding.
I know now from personal experience.

Also I guess it's probably easier in a ball gown like Peach because you can actually lift your dress up from the floor and run without constraint but wow it's really hard and I'm suddenly okay with Zelda's terrible running speed since it's logical.
Logical unlike the hair flicking animation.
Agreed. I mean, have anyone else tried to run in a dress that isn't a normal/small skirt? :V

It's more understandable, even though she isn't wearing heels that are rather tough to run in. Peach is just lucky she hasn't tripped or sprained her ankle from running in heels. Can you imagine Zelda having a speed buff with that dress? Sweet jeez. o_o

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
The main things about Falcon that irritate me are his bizarre disjoints. Take away or at least severely nerf the disjoints on his jab, dash attack, FSmash, and possibly dash grab (he's not the only one with a ridiculous dash grab though so I'm not as sure about this) and I'd be more or less okay with him. I'd have less complaints, anyway. I still think his power/speed ratio is a little skewed but he really does have an awful disadvantaged state. I just don't like getting hit with invisible punches/shoulders/elbows.

Also, Aerodrome, I think sometimes moves hit shields that wouldn't hit the user. Could be wrong though. Looking forward to seeing more updates on your website, BTW. I visited it for the first time last night. I think you still think Zelda can turn into Sheik though since you listed her archetype as "rushdown."

A few musings on Gunner:
  • Default size Gunner's FAir doesn't auto cancel from a low jump which is lame.
  • I was messing around with Franklin Badges to see which moves were reflectable and amusingly only FAir of her normals is. FSmash and UAir, despite looking reflectable, are safe and are simply disjoints. A lot of Gunner's specials are reflectable though.
  • Up-B 2 has a lot of power to it but is very poor at sweetspotting the ledge from below (it does okay from the side). Might be worth it to just have a boss OoS option though.
  • For all those complaining about Din's Fire putting Zelda into freefall, at least the devs are consistent about it. Stealth Burst does the same thing to Gunner.
Informative post, I agree with everything.
He's incredibly good, probably the best Wii fit I've seen
Yes, I think he's probably the best Wii Fit Trainer in the world currently.

He's incredibly technical, I can't beat him when we play on wifi. :<

@ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer Ok, so it is vastly superior to whatever else I was doing. I can get over 400 and even 450 consistently and 500 if I make no mistakes.

So that would be around 111 times of playing trophy rush. It is still ridiculos the game expects me to play that much but knocking out 50 additional playthroughs is a plus.

I can. : )
With practice you'll start getting 500-550.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Anyone remember the tower escape in OoT?

She ran pretty fast there.

Can't they at least make her run as fast as Link?

I'd be happy with that.

Also see: :peachmelee:run animation.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Yes, I think he's probably the best Wii Fit Trainer in the world currently.
I hear that he doesn't go to Melborne which is the best region in Aus. People said that he should play there with the really good players like Villyness. He could do well there too.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Also give her the old grab range back.

I hear that he doesn't go to Melborne which is the best region in Aus. People said that he should play there with the really good players like Villyness. He could do well there too.
That happens in about 20 days. I'll be there too.

I'll let you know what happens then.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I beat all the events with rewards since I just did the stupid Kirby's Crazy Appetite event. That one sucked. I'll never touch that again.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
That happens in about 20 days. I'll be there too.

I'll let you know what happens then.
I really think WiiFit is definitely underrated. She has many options her range isn't that bad at all. It's proper spacing and knowledge of them that's important. I see lots of potential, IMO she could even get top 15. Also good luck to the both of yew.

Last edited:

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
Dude, Mewtwo is easily one of Zelda's worst MU's. He's a goddamn swordsman with a projectile, reflector, AND a command grab. Probably has one of the most solid and well-rounded movesets in the cast. Only his weight and size really hold him back. I can see Mewtwo invalidate quite a few characters in the future, as if Drag Zelda didn't already.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Dude, Mewtwo is easily one of Zelda's worst MU's. He's a goddamn swordsman with a projectile AND a reflector. Probably has one of the most solid and well-rounded movesets in the cast. Only his weight and size really hold him back. I can see Mewtwo invalidate quite a few characters in the future, as if Drag Zelda didn't already.
Not really, I think this is Zelda's easiest MUs. doesnt she kill him at like 50% and his moves are worse in frame data I think. I'm pretty sure Zelda beats him.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I've only played Mewtwo a small bit, lost a bit with him, but I was practicing with some of his stuff when he first came out. Like his BAir being an amazing edgeguarding tool if you intercept your opponent and follow them.

But I'll stick with Best Princess, Waifu Knight, Turtle King and Monado Boy. :3

I see you @ SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 , @ CatRaccoonBL CatRaccoonBL DES~ :3

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
:4mewtwo: is now my full fledged secondary, he's just too much fun to use!
Don't worry :4falco:, I haven't forgotten you!

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
With practice you'll start getting 500-550.
Yeah, that about right. Even got 560 one time. I also made her more defensive with equipment as well to help not die by random cannon or bomb.

I've pretty much have it like this: Clear Classic mode, do 10 trophy rushes. Repeat.

Anyway, I'm getting nostalgic. It's all thanks to the "Records/Tips" music. I suddenly miss not having smash bros. I miss the magic of the 3ds demo and the Smash fest. There is a certain feeling you just can't replicate.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Apparently the site that has the Japanese frame data spreadsheets also has a Lucario aura calculator, but while the numbers line up for min and max aura I'm getting lower damage numbers for the in-between.

I guess I get to spend some time seeing if Aura was nerfed now...

EDIT: Nope, seems like the formula's just off for 70>x>190

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
@ FullMoon FullMoon So I watched the replay...

giphy.gif

Seriously. That was beautiful Rosalina play. The reads. The lunar landing! Was this offline or online? Because he perfectly executed it.

I mean wow the nair death when you dropped your shield! Or that grab when you dair Luma! <3

It's a shame he lost that match because all of it was beautiful.

Top Bottom