• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
So my first match on smash ladder went ok

My opponent picked Dr. Mario, and I picked diddy

The first thing he said was "you do realize Dr. Mario is c+ tier right?"

lol

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Melee is dumb in lots of ways. WTF happened to :kirbymelee: he's literally unusable. Why does :gawmelee:'s hands stick out of his shield? Why does :ganondorfmelee:'s Usmash do 42% damage? Why was this the start of :zeldamelee:'s legacy of the Smash basement?

Also new avatar whoop whoop. :^)

So my first match on smash ladder went ok

My opponent picked Dr. Mario, and I picked diddy

The first thing he said was "you do realize Dr. Mario is c+ tier right?"

lol
The main :4drmario: player in my region feels that Doc is B tier. I told him he was the only Doc main that feels that way. :p

Tbh

Dr. Mario isn't so bad. I mean, his frame data is great. Mobility is pretty bad. Recovery sucks. His damage output is great though. He still has combos that hit harder than Mario's usual combos. His jump punch hits hard.

Really, when you look at it, he's hampered by his mobility and recovery which are huge hits. Everything else is perfectly fine imo.

He's not low tier

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Tbh

Dr. Mario isn't so bad. I mean, his frame data is great. Mobility is pretty bad. Recovery sucks. His damage output is great though. He still has combos that hit harder than Mario's usual combos. His jump punch hits hard.

Really, when you look at it, he's hampered by his mobility and recovery which are huge hits. Everything else is perfectly fine imo.

He's not low tier
Here are some matches of my region's Doc player. I think there are better matches of his play than these, but it's definitely solid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=su-Ja7zGMDk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4WfDivVf4Q

Still don't think he's getting out of low tier though for now, just because he's basically Ganondorf with somewhat of a combo game. Of course, he can't be slept on, but his mobility really hampers his ability to dish out massive hurt, and that recovery is so much lol. In general, I just find that he has a harder time compared to Mario's MUs. Sure, he might have frame data, but frame data ain't everything that determines if a character is good or bad. *cough:4shulk:cough*

Here are some matches of my region's Doc player. I think there are better matches of his play than these, but it's definitely solid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=su-Ja7zGMDk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4WfDivVf4Q

Still don't think he's getting out of low tier though for now, just because he's basically Ganondorf with somewhat of a combo game. Of course, he can't be slept on, but his mobility really hampers his ability to dish out massive hurt, and that recovery is so much lol. In general, I just find that he has a harder time compared to Mario's MUs. Sure, he might have frame data, but frame data ain't everything that determines if a character is good or bad. *cough:4shulk:cough*
Low tier sounds reasonable too (if only his recovery wasn't THAT awful :|). Also, you got me there with the frame data. Lol.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
@ Macchiato Macchiato Didn't you main Lucas in Brawl? Do you think you'll main him when he's released?
Yeah I don't really know. I'm scared that they'll ruin him. Like this might be just me but I think mewtwos worst than he was in melee.

Right now I think I'm most confident with my Wii fit and pikachu would make a good secondary

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Jesus, I just managed to make a complete comeback against a Rosalina player who was 3 stocking me.

I ended the match at 150% and won because of a clutch fully charged shuriken hit lol.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Jesus, I just managed to make a complete comeback against a Rosalina player who was 3 stocking me.

I ended the match at 150% and won because of a clutch fully charged shuriken hit lol.
Who was this Rosalina player? : o

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Yeah I don't really know. I'm scared that they'll ruin him. Like this might be just me but I think mewtwos worst than he was in melee.

Right now I think I'm most confident with my Wii fit and pikachu would make a good secondary
Mewtwo worse...? Like sure he's lighter but he hits so much harder now. Confusion is actually useful for once. A whole lot of other things

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788

Mewtwo's weight is a huge issue for him, but he has definitely been buffed overall. His damage output is insane. He's still not a great character, though.

I think Lucas will be mostly the same as he was in Brawl, but probably buffed a bit. Now that multi hit moves actually link, he'll have a lot better time. They'll probably remove some of the exploit things that they removed for Ness. I'll definitely be using him a lot when he comes out.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I think a good thing going for Lucas is the buff to tether recoveries meaning he won't always have to rely on PK thunder. He should certainly mix it up yes, but having options is good.

Aw my god. Fairy Tail soundtrack is amazing.

D-throw to u-air with :4miisword: is a lot more nuts than I initially thought. I've KO'd people at like ~70% with it. Lower percentages in stages with low ceilings. Without customs or height adjustments though, Swordfighter is a bad character. I don't know the use for Gale Strike at ALL. His side b 1 is only useful as a sideward recovery and that's it. Up B 1 is a pretty bad and even gimpable recovery but hey, it has some (not much) invincibility and it's a good OoS option so that's something! Down B 1 is a counter but I like the counter anyway so whatever. OH, d-throw > b-air is a thing and jab cancels are also pretty cool. Power thrust is neat for tech chasing. Side B 2 is a great horizontal recovery.

/randomstuffaboutswordfighterbuthestillsucksanyway

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Mewtwo worse...? Like sure he's lighter but he hits so much harder now. Confusion is actually useful for once. A whole lot of other things
His Bthrow was nerfed pretty hard, his utilt and dtilt were too. His lightness is pretty bad, especially since DI is weaker now. He also feels really sluggish like from melee I think most characters got faster while he didn't. He also doesn't have a good approach either.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Wolf's side-b on the other hand...:smirk:
When I used Wolf in Brawl half of what I would do was trying to get kills with the hit box on the end of Wolf Flash lol. Didn't really care if it was a meteor or a launch. I guess you could say the move was... kind of flashy *shot*

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Who was this Rosalina player? : o
It's another person here from Brazil, he really kept me on edge during the set.

He probably could have won if he hadn't decided to pick Mario after winning the first round and get 3-stocked for his troubles.

I only saved the replay of the match I won but man was it nerve-wracking.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Mewtwo's dash speed went from 1.4 in Melee to 1.696 in SSB4. Mewtwo's run speed is the same as Wii Fit Trainer. I wouldn't say he's sluggish.

Mewtwo's dtilt is his best move and was definitely not nerfed.

Last edited:
OH, I almost forgot but I'm too lazy to edit

Swordfighter = Butter knife fighter = BKF

I hope I can make that a thing somehow. Lmao

---

Also, I made it past 15k posts

Whoa

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Found out that the 2nd hit of Luma's nair combos into Luma Shot, probably won't be useful in the long run but the more you know.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Mewtwo's dash speed went from 1.4 in Melee to 1.696 in SSB4. Mewtwo's run speed is the same as Wii Fit Trainer. I wouldn't say he's sluggish.

Mewtwo's dtilt is his best move and was definitely not nerfed.
If DTilt was nerfed it's likely a side-effect of the engine change and not the move itself.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Found out that the 2nd hit of Luma's nair combos into Luma Shot, probably won't be useful in the long run but the more you know.
I'm sure you already know, but you can LL nair and the second hit drags the opponent into Rosalina's usmash if they're behind you. Ty Lavani for enlightening me on that one.

LL fair shenanigans are a ton of fun, too.

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Me in a ditto when someone picks my color palette
Once I had a For Glory match where we were the exact same color. Didn't even do the dark/light thing. Confusing to say the least

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I'm sure you already know, but you can LL nair and the second hit drags the opponent into Rosalina's usmash if they're behind you. Ty Lavani for enlightening me on that one.

LL fair shenanigans are a ton of fun, too.
Yeah I already knew about that.
I think from now on I'm gonna spend most of my time in training mode with these two :rosalina::4mewtwo: to find more stuff.

Alright. I've switched from Fairy Tail to Metal Gear Rising. Rules of Nature >>>> It has to be this Way
Once I had a For Glory match where we were the exact same color. Didn't even do the dark/light thing. Confusing to say the least
This was actually a thing with a Mario ditto. I tried using green Mario because that's my preferred color then the other Mario wanted green and I was like

"no"

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Random comment time: Melee's adventure mode wasn't that good. :happysheep:
I hated that Legend of Zelda maze soooo much. I think I had like a 25% completion rate there because it was just so confusing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom