• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Sisters...

I've lost my mojo. Send help. I just can't seem to do anything with Zelda anymore. I can even get away with playing as Dedede. But with Zelda, I wind up having trouble against your typical Roll Glory Captain Falcon player. Have I always just sucked at the game?
Take a break from the game.

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Sisters...

I've lost my mojo. Send help. I just can't seem to do anything with Zelda anymore. I can even get away with playing as Dedede. But with Zelda, I wind up having trouble against your typical Roll Glory Captain Falcon player. Have I always just sucked at the game?
When in doubt...

Troll For Glory >:3

I just finished watching it. Ah... good ol' boxing.

It was pretty exiting to see them duke it out. Seeing that both of them are pretty much at the end of their careers.
Although at some parts of the match drags out a bit. It was a bit of a shame that one of them just didn't commit.

Congrats to the winner though. I was betting on the loser but he did the best he could.
Was betting on Pacquiao too

But it looks like Mayweather.... Ran away with it :awesome:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Oh wait, the Mayweather thing was a boxing thing?

I thought there was some hype Little Mac thing going on... (Though why the heck do I see a lot of smash bros being brought up with it?)

Last edited:
Oh wait, the Mayweather thing was a boxing thing?
Yeah. Pretty mixed overall. It sort of scarred the reputation of boxing.

I mean, Mayweather exploited his size. He kept dodging, running, and punching. Yeah. Valid strategy but it's undeniably lame

As for the smash part, it's just an analogy/joke of the sorts

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Yeah. Pretty mixed overall. It sort of scarred the reputation of boxing.

I mean, Mayweather exploited his size. He kept dodging, running, and punching. Yeah. Valid strategy but it's undeniably lame

As for the smash part, it's just an analogy/joke of the sorts
Sorry, wasn't referring to you when I said smash. ^^;

I've just seen a couple of smash things on the internet involve this match apparently.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Anyway, more Falco rants...
You know a character board is dead when you have to talk about said character on another character's board.

On the other hand, as I write this, the only people here are me, evmaxy54, and 1 guest...

Last edited:
You know a character board is dead when you have to talk about said character on another character's board.
Everyone does that here though soooo

Oh, I'm trying to revive the BKF forums but I can't because I'll have to double post. I need to liven up the boards somehow. Maybe make an important thread or something

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Good afternoon girls. How's everyone doing today? :4zelda:

I'm mad :salt: right now. Trying to do the ring challenge as Diddy Kong in Fungi Forest, but the rings are so flaming hard to hit. :c

^mfw that Ring Challenge is insanely difficult.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
He's one of our best players. Maybe top 10 in AUS? He's very good, but he's the only Wii Fit Trainer here.

What do you think of him?

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Can I just say how stupid the destroy 50000 total blocks in Trophy rush challenge is? I usually get around 350ish blocks, but let's average that to 300 for a second.

In order to complete this challenge you have to play trophy rush 166 times!

And the worst part is, I seem to already have all the normal trophies. The only ones left to get are the classic, all-star, and alt trophies.

I mean, it really is either this challenge, or the 7.0 every char classic mode challenge. Both incredibly time consuming. >.>

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
The main things about Falcon that irritate me are his bizarre disjoints. Take away or at least severely nerf the disjoints on his jab, dash attack, FSmash, and possibly dash grab (he's not the only one with a ridiculous dash grab though so I'm not as sure about this) and I'd be more or less okay with him. I'd have less complaints, anyway. I still think his power/speed ratio is a little skewed but he really does have an awful disadvantaged state. I just don't like getting hit with invisible punches/shoulders/elbows.

Also, Aerodrome, I think sometimes moves hit shields that wouldn't hit the user. Could be wrong though. Looking forward to seeing more updates on your website, BTW. I visited it for the first time last night. I think you still think Zelda can turn into Sheik though since you listed her archetype as "rushdown."

A few musings on Gunner:
  • Default size Gunner's FAir doesn't auto cancel from a low jump which is lame.
  • I was messing around with Franklin Badges to see which moves were reflectable and amusingly only FAir of her normals is. FSmash and UAir, despite looking reflectable, are safe and are simply disjoints. A lot of Gunner's specials are reflectable though.
  • Up-B 2 has a lot of power to it but is very poor at sweetspotting the ledge from below (it does okay from the side). Might be worth it to just have a boss OoS option though.
  • For all those complaining about Din's Fire putting Zelda into freefall, at least the devs are consistent about it. Stealth Burst does the same thing to Gunner.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
@ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer Ok, so it is vastly superior to whatever else I was doing. I can get over 400 and even 450 consistently and 500 if I make no mistakes.

So that would be around 111 times of playing trophy rush. It is still ridiculos the game expects me to play that much but knocking out 50 additional playthroughs is a plus.

@IsmaR im ready

Anyone wanna play?
I can. : )

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
@ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer Ok, so it is vastly superior to whatever else I was doing. I can get over 400 and even 450 consistently and 500 if I make no mistakes.

So that would be around 111 times of playing trophy rush. It is still ridiculos the game expects me to play that much but knocking out 50 additional playthroughs is a plus.

I can. : )
I'll host

DoctorDub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrDubious
Let me tell you, I'm so ****ing close to dropping this game for good. People don't listen to my input about ANYTHING because I'm not a top player in my country. Won't even let me get a word in.

This community is going to kill me.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Let me tell you, I'm so ****ing close to dropping this game for good. People don't listen to my input about ANYTHING because I'm not a top player in my country. Won't even let me get a word in.

This community is going to kill me.
Well, while I don't think you should be censored like that, at the same time what are you trying to say? If you are saying things like "Ganondorf is top tier," with no proof, even if I disagree with the response of censoring you, I could at least see why they wouldn't take you seriously.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
So I was messing around and I 3-stocked a lvl 9 Lucario with Zelda. Why are they honestly so easy to fight? They don't DI and always press buttons when they land so free Farore's Wind lol. I was at 170% though when I 3-stocked it.

Then I decided to use Mopcina against a lvl 9 Kirby for a runback because I lost to it earlier. Ended up 3-stocking it with only 50% clocked on me WUT.

I was just spamming Fsmash and was killing it at 70% wtf this character is dumb.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
He's got no choice, if he goes low he's dead, if he uses Fire bird/fox he's dead. Fox has the same problem. If they snap the ledge i'll be able to act out my F-smash since it ends with no lag.

Doesn't help that those two are super light. I obliterated a Fox player before after his jab jab jab foolishness, it felt good. Like having a **** in the morning type of good.

Last edited:

DoctorDub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrDubious
Well, while I don't think you should be censored like that, at the same time what are you trying to say? If you are saying things like "Ganondorf is top tier," with no proof, even if I disagree with the response of censoring you, I could at least see why they wouldn't take you seriously.
It's when people are discussing what rulesets should be (Two-stock or three-stock), they're allowed to discuss it, but when I give input, doesn't ****ing matter. Naw, screw me. I'm not a top player.

It's this kind of crap that makes me think, screw it. I'll just play MKX and have friends while I leave the Smash community to insult each other on a hourly basis for trying to have input. God damn.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
So I was messing around and I 3-stocked a lvl 9 Lucario with Zelda. Why are they honestly so easy to fight? They don't DI and always press buttons when they land so free Farore's Wind lol. I was at 170% though when I 3-stocked it.

Then I decided to use Mopcina against a lvl 9 Kirby for a runback because I lost to it earlier. Ended up 3-stocking it with only 50% clocked on me WUT.

I was just spamming Fsmash and was killing it at 70% wtf this character is dumb.
I trained a DK Amiibo from using my Bowser. It commonly now does BAirs, but its so funny that he'll whiff it if he SH over me. :3

I am on a look out for something and am busy with other things

Idk why there aren't much people today. Guess they're busy sleeping?

Last edited:
Top Bottom