• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

warionumbah2

Smash Master
I finally found out why the Rosalinda mains throw around 80:20 match-ups like it's nothing. It's because the OP of their MU thread says this:
Apparently, 70:30 is only a "moderate" advantage lol.
Ito does the same **** with MK.

Like any character that isn't high tier gets 70:30'd/80:20'd by MK lol. Then MK gets 70:30'd by Falcon,Sheik,Diddy,Sonic(pretty much every top tier but Rosalina) and says that MK is above average and that those ratio's are good compared to other characters.

Weird, i swear getting decked by almost all top tiers isn't good....

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
What is a lunar landing by the way?
I'm not RaccoonBL, but Lunar Landing (usually abbreviated as LL) is when you input an aerial close to the ground so Rosalina's aerial autocancels but Luma's comes out. Nair and Dair have to be frame perfect, bair and fair are pretty generous, and I think it's impossible with uair but idk.

Can you send replay to me, too? My NNID is NAshey88. I sent you a friend request.

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I finally found out why the Rosalinda mains throw around 80:20 match-ups like it's nothing. It's because the OP of their MU thread says this:
Apparently, 70:30 is only a "moderate" advantage lol.
rosalinda mains never cease to disappoint at least I know why it's all goofy now

new page
woop2.png

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I'm not RaccoonBL, but Lunar Landing (usually abbreviated as LL) is when you input an aerial close to the ground so Rosalina's aerial autocancels but Luma's comes out. Nair and Dair have to be frame perfect, bair and fair are pretty generous, and I think it's impossible with uair but idk.

Can you send replay to me, too? My NNID is NAshey88. I sent you a friend request.
Oh, I see.

Also sent.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Ito does the same **** with MK.

Like any character that isn't high tier gets 70:30'd/80:20'd by MK lol. Then MK gets 70:30'd by Falcon,Sheik,Diddy,Sonic(pretty much every top tier but Rosalina) and says that MK is above average and that those ratio's are good compared to other characters.

Weird, i swear getting decked by almost all top tiers isn't good....
Does MK really lose to all of those characters? I thought he had a pretty good MU spread. Or is he one of those "body or get bodied" characters?

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Does MK really lose to all of those characters? I thought he had a pretty good MU spread. Or is he one of those "body or get bodied" characters?
Due to the number of MKs that whine over losing to Falcon in neutral they all say he loses...badly.

Then some say Sheik whoops his ass because "m-mu-muh neutral", despite seeing tourney's of MK beating Sheik soundly.Also on an old video i posted on MK boards, i killed Sheik on battlefield at 75% with rage despite her dominating me the whole time(before bair nerf too). Tornado literally stops Sheik from hopping around like a fool since she doesn't always throws out an attack and if she does fair starts and ends fast.

Diddy and Sonic is still not in MKs favor but the nerfs were hella nice and needed.

ZSS is bad i agree.

Fox is not a bad MU another MU where MKs opinions are all over the place. MKs never come to an agreement it seems, just now someone said ROB 70:30's MK and others already said its even. smh

Pikachu is even, i ignore the posts saying MK wins its like when MM apparently loses badly to MK.

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Just added you.
I'll get around to watching it in the morning,
Sent.

I guess it's a good thing that apparently that Rosalina is really good because I didn't know if I was just playing badly or didn't know the MU all too well and was getting trounced for it.

Maybe Brazil is hiding some promising players after all =V

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
*sees Lunar Landing popping up everywhere*
wat is this Lunar Landing stuff. .
*looks up Lunar Landing*
Why haven't I known about this, wtf
Well, I might ACTUALLY main Cosmic Mommy after all, I was getting disheartened because Up Throw - Uair wasn't winning everything for me hngguah
this is such cool tech!

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Have this without any context

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Question for er... somebody: landing lag, what's considered decent or good landing lag? And wow, Lucario's landing lag for Nair and Dair are 9 frames.

Edit: Wut? Is ZSS's landing lag for air dodge really 15 frames?

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Question for er... somebody: landing lag, what's considered decent or good landing lag? And wow, Lucario's landing lag for Nair and Dair are 9 frames.

That's before 1.0.4. Everyone's air dodge landing lag has been normalised to 22 frames. WFT's was like 12 frames or something.

I think around 10 frames is really good for landing lag. Close to 20 is bad. 30 is really awful.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Luma desync techs are fun.

Rolling during Lunar Landing lets Rosa move Luma during its attack too, she can roll in place on the ledge to push it offstage for example.

She can also boost grab to make Luma dash attack while she dash grabs, which can be used to grab knocked down opponents. Or trigger Shulk's Vision accidentally when trying to grab him.

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12

Shulk's nair is 12 frames of landing lag.

We consider that pretty godlike. (Its just that basically everything else he has is so slow)

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Yeah, that about right. Even got 560 one time. I also made her more defensive with equipment as well to help not die by random cannon or bomb.

I've pretty much have it like this: Clear Classic mode, do 10 trophy rushes. Repeat.

Anyway, I'm getting nostalgic. It's all thanks to the "Records/Tips" music. I suddenly miss not having smash bros. I miss the magic of the 3ds demo and the Smash fest. There is a certain feeling you just can't replicate.
I don't miss scouring Twitter for 4 hours trying to find a demo code.

*triggers PTSD*

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Luma desync techs are fun.

Rolling during Lunar Landing lets Rosa move Luma during its attack too, she can roll in place on the ledge to push it offstage for example.

She can also boost grab to make Luma dash attack while she dash grabs, which can be used to grab knocked down opponents. Or trigger Shulk's Vision accidentally when trying to grab him.
I never really heard of boost grab before. How do you for it?

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
I want everyone to acknowledge the 3DS version pls
I still have a Mewtwo for 3DS code to get rid of.

In other words, I actually bought the 3DS version and played it.

Also Smash Run was pretty good. Smash tour's got nothing on it.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
do you plan for these thefts you blue crow of a furret
they kinda just happen
you see something nice and you just take it
Thief is the best class anyways
1762.jpg

can't tell me what to do
something like DACUS just more like DACG. some characters clearly don't need it though :4falcon:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I play the 3DS one a lot more than the Wii U one, simply because it's so much easier to access and set up.

That being said I understand why Wii U is considered the superior. Console, controller options, more stages, ease of streaming ...

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
That's before 1.0.4. Everyone's air dodge landing lag has been normalised to 22 frames. WFT's was like 12 frames or something.

I think around 10 frames is really good for landing lag. Close to 20 is bad. 30 is really awful.
Yeah, but people with around 10 frames of landing lag for at least 2 moves would be Lucario, Sheik, Fox - sort of pushes this with a frame 15 Bair landing -, Mario, Dr. Mario - his landing lag is like 1-2 frames longer than Mario's. Really, devs? Really? -, Luigi, Wario, Diddy, ZSS, Link, and Captain Falcon.

Ike's landing lag is pretty good for a character like him. Slowest is Dair with 26 frames while everything else excluding air dodges are below 19 frames. Then you add that his Fair and Bair auto-cancels and yeah, he's pretty good in the air. Pit's is... pitiful considering this is a dude who is supposedly comfortable in the air and landings even though he can't willingly fly. Ditto on Meta Knight and Marth having average landing lag, but none of this takes into account of auto-canceling since I don't know what moves Meta Knight can auto-cancel out of.

Falco's freaking landing lag is as average as can be. Slowest is Fair at 32 frames, then Dair at 26, and everything else including Nair of all freaking moves at 15. On average, that's 21 frames with and without air dodge. Dair just looks slow as sin when dealing with landing lag - it's 4 frames faster than Ganondorf's Stomp landing and 5 frames slower than Captain Falcon's Nipple spike landing -, but it's supposedly slightly slower than air dodge and then there's Uair which looks slow since he bounces back up, but since it auto-cancels, it doesn't really matter.

I think most of the cast has average landing lag, but then you have outliers, especially Sheik, Fox, ZSS, and Captain Falcon who can continue comboing after landing like nothing matters.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I'm not Lavani, but it's just a dash attack but you cancel Rosalina's attack with a grab so Luma's DA comes out but Rosalina grabs the opponent.

To do it, just dash attack and quickly press grab. Luma should attack and Rosalina should grab if you did it correctly. It's really simple.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
So I've been testing out using Nayru's for edgeguarding and I wanna know what you guys think. The trajectory is predictable (hit with back part, your opponent gets sent behind you, front in front of you), the final hit's knockback is enough to gimp, even if your opponent doesn't get hit by the final hit, the earlier ones do very little knockback but they still do knockback, so it completely stops their momentum when recovering, it almost outlasts airdodges so if you do it like a few frames after the airdodge starts it'll hit them (aka not much prediction needed), and it halts your momentum so you can almost always recover safely. Thoughts?
I've been experimenting with using it to catch ledgesnaps. I'm not sure how effective it can be, but its worth a shot. You might also be able to stage spike with it on Battlefield. Opponent tries to recover low on the inside part of the stage (where the little slope goes up to the ledge?) and you can drop down Nayru's.

I think it's outclassed by Nair, since it does all of these things too, but has less commitment and can be fast called, allowing you to aim it better. That's just me though.

Also, I hate it when someone manages to perfectly spotdodge Nayru's. Seriously, you have to be frame perfect for that. I thought for a long time that it was spotdodge proof until someone did it to me...

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
I hate not being able to draw well.

Damn didn't realize the quality was that ****.

Last edited:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
I'm not Lavani, but it's just a dash attack but you cancel Rosalina's attack with a grab so Luma's DA comes out but Rosalina grabs the opponent.

To do it, just dash attack and quickly press grab. Luma should attack and Rosalina should grab, if you did it correctly. It's really simple.
I was going to reply if it's easy to execute but I guess not :/ (I bet Lavani is like all the Rosie players senpai)

Soul.

I play the 3DS one a lot more than the Wii U one, simply because it's so much easier to access and set up.

That being said I understand why Wii U is considered the superior. Console, controller options, more stages, ease of streaming ...
There's something about the Wii U version that doesn't fit me. May be the controls, may be everyone playing it, may be me having a bias for the 3DS, or it may be me doing better on 3DS and worse on Wii U.
There's this thread about the 3DS version being competitive on its respective board, and eh. I dunno.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Shulk's nair is 12 frames of landing lag.

We consider that pretty godlike. (Its just that basically everything else he has is so slow)
Shulk's average landing lag is faster than Falco's; 19 without air dodge and 20 with air dodge. Let that sink in. It might just be 1-2 frames of differences, but we've seen people do crazy stuff within a frame. I blame Falco's Fair and Nair landing lag and Dair's too.

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
There's something about the Wii U version that doesn't fit me. May be the controls, may be everyone playing it, may be me having a bias for the 3DS, or it may be me doing better on 3DS and worse on Wii U.
There's this thread about the 3DS version being competitive on its respective board, and eh. I dunno.
There are definitely still 3DS tournaments going on, mostly online of course and possibly some side events. Wii U just kinda outclasses the 3DS version because it's got the same mechanics but has a lot more variety in stuff like stages and controller options. Also there's the fact that optimally everyone should own a 3DS and the game at a 3DS tournament while a Wii U one only really needs one set up, the fact that Wii U is ten times easier to stream from, inherent 3DS lag, the situation when someone runs out of power, etc.
Shulk's average landing lag is faster than Falco's; 19 without air dodge and 20 with air dodge. Let that sink in. It might just be 1-2 frames of differences, but we've seen people do crazy stuff within a frame. I blame Falco's Fair and Nair landing lag and Dair's too.
You guys have a landing hitbox though :v

Last edited:

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
I thought our social got deleted because the title misled me to think it was the MU thread ;o;. Small heartattack

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
fujin is back

Last edited:
Top Bottom