• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Omg I played a greninja on anthers today and he did that while I was dpit. Well, sort of, he kinda just boosted my upb to go very high so he could punish

Do I suck
Better than having your side-b triggered by a puny Water Shuriken and be wide open for a F-Smash while Pit is twirling in the air.

Yes I did do that, to the same guy even =V

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Better than having your side-b triggered by a puny Water Shuriken and be wide open for a F-Smash while Pit is twirling in the air.

Yes I did do that, to the same guy even =V
Well he did style while I was DK and dove and charged his shuriken and killed me, thought it was pretty cool

And he DID do that to me sadly. though I'm completely unfamiliar with greninja because no one plays him though lol

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
>When Melee players are commentating Smash 4 matches

"wtf why is Yoshi living above 90%?"
"why is this Bouncing Fish thingy so good?"
"rage is happening, but I dunno what rage really is."
"he's not dead yet because it's Smash 4"
"OOH PEACH'S FTHROW STILL KILLS"
"BIG D STAHP WINNING YOU HOLDIN' UP THE MELEE TOURNEY"

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Hmm, I was going to do Peach's frame data next but I can't decide if I should do Peach, Mii Brawler or Robin next.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
But yeah, serious question to everybody but is it just me or does Phantom die REALLY easily?
Like, PacMan's Fire Hydrant seems more resilient it really pisses me off especially with the extra time we have to wait now before using Phantom.
And as of now I'm naming the Phantom. I shall call him Eugene.
I've noticed this too.

13% worth of health is barely anything since half the moves in the game do that much damage in the first place.

The fact he stays out for 10 years when fully charged makes it even worse.

It's really frustrating when I throw it out and my opponents just so happens to throw out a move that destroys it before it can even attack.

Boom! Gone just like that for 10 seconds.

I mean, it's a hunk of metal, can't it take some hits?

What should happen is that the phantom should have 13% resistance instead of HP.

Basically a move has to do at least 13% or more in one hit in order to destroy it.

Multiple weak hits that add to 13% like jabs or Fox lasers wouldn't work.

This alone would make him a lot better.

Then again, Din's still puts you in a helpless state in the air so my suggestion will never happen.

Also I really like your text color.

I find pink/shades of pink to be very appealing even though I'm a dude.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Hmm, I was going to do Peach's frame data next but I can't decide if I should do Peach, Mii Brawler or Robin next.
Peach pls. I would really appreciate it.

The miis seem difficult to do because there are so many variations and idk if size changes frame data or something. I doubt that it does, but idk.

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533

Watch early melee matches, and it looks more boring than brawl really

In time smash 4 will get more fast paced, I truly believe that, maybe not melee speed, but pretty similar

Was I capt. Obvious

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
I've noticed this too.

13% worth of health is barely anything since half the moves in the game do that much damage in the first place.

It's really frustrating when I throw it out and my opponents just so happens to throw out a move that destroys it before it can even attack.

What should happen is that the phantom should have 13% resistance instead of HP.

Basically a move has to do at least 13% or more in one hit in order to destroy it.

Then again, Din's still puts you in a helpless state in the air so my suggestion will never happen.

i think some said something that the phantom can only take 13 while snake's up b has super armour

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Watch early melee matches, and it looks more boring than brawl really

In time smash 4 will get more fast paced, I truly believe that, maybe not melee speed, but pretty similar

Was I capt. Obvious
Melee in the early days was so terrible to watch omg. This was also back in the day when Zelda was considered the 6th best character too. :^)

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
I've noticed this too.

Thanks! I switch up the color every so often, try to match it with my avatar at the time but I too like reds/pinks especially mauve being the ultimate Shade of them all.

But anyways, back to Eugene.. I actually don't mind that Eugene stays out forever but it is the fact that he has measly 13% health and gets destroyed so quickly.
I didn't mind before but now the wait seems more noticeable before being allowed to use him again.

I like for him to stay out longer because then I can use him for cover and do hoodrat s**t but now I can't rely on him as much :/
It just feels like they limited what you can do with him.

@ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer yeah do Peach :D

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I've noticed this too.

it being gone for 10secs isn't really a penalty, you don't really use it every 10 secs.
If you do, you might need a different game plan then.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
i think some said something that the phantom can only take 13 while snake's up b has super armour
I said that actually! :colorful::colorful::colorful:

Basically Snake has heavy armor when he uses his up B. Any move that does 7% or less in a single hit won't make him flinch. (lol :4zelda:up/forward smash)

Phantom can only take 13% TOTAL. If two or moves add up to 13% total damage, he gets destroyed.

Pretty crazy huh?

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
◯ = Clanks
● = Clanks but continues uninterrupted
× = Transcendent
△ = Differing properties between hitboxes (ex. ROB nair has a transcendent hitbox and a clanking hitbox)
Okay. Looking at it more closely, the main attack is clankable but the weirdo windboxes are transcendent and don't clank.

Speaking of Pit's recovery, don't try to get back onto the stage with Upperdash Arm against a grounded Game & Watch. He'll DTilt you to set up for an USmash.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Yay, ranting...
You guys have a landing hitbox though :v
Which if it was common knowledge, is completely punishable. People think that when Falco lands, he's dead meat. That only applies to anything that isn't Fair. Bair is great, but it does nothing to shields which Falco needs since he can't abuse air speed like Yoshi or Wolf in Brawl. Ike's Bair pushes people in shield, Shulk's range is just amazing, and Sheik's moves are just so lagless she can Fair, jump and Fair again or grab. Of the frame 4 Bair users, Wii Fit Trainer has range to her Bair, Mega Man's disjointed, and Sheik's well, Sheik. Falco doesn't have any of that and neither does Lucina or Zelda. Falco being able to push shields would help so much to his game plan since while Fox's doesn't, his air speed is somewhat decent and he can run away while Falco can't. Lucina's (and Marth's) landing lag should be changed or that she could have "tippers" that push shields, but doesn't do any extra damage, knockback, or anything just for the sake of making her safer or her moves could just do passive shield damage like DK. Zelda's lightning kicks should do at least 25% on shields if not just outright break them or push people like her lightning kicks had windboxes.

Zelda's LL is really awful with 22/23/25/22/21 across the board (that's in nair fair bair uair dair order). Pikachu has it even worse with 25/15/30/24/40. 15 frames for fair isn't bad, but the rest is pretty awful. Bowser's landing lag is just painful to look at.

Sheik really relies on minimal landing lag, though. If she couldn't combo, then she'd be a ton worse. She needs to have stupid frame date because she cannot kill. She probably could be toned down a bit by giving her worse frame data but giving her some kill power. Maybe her frame data as of now is a bit over the top.
I have no idea why Zelda's landing lag resembles a sword user. Seriously? The fact her lightning kicks are very punishable in general makes it stupid to have that much landing lag. 15 would be great for her Fair and Bair.

Pikachu's landing lag makes it so Pikachu doesn't make Sheik look slow with aerials. Could you imagine what Pikachu's landing lag on average was 15? Pikachu's sheer speed and small hurtbox would make Sheik and Diddy look like honest characters with that landing lag. Pikachu is just annoying as of now whereas pre-patch Diddy and Sheik are stupidly annoying. 2 more frames on Sheik's Nair and Fair would be okay since it's kind of stupid how she can ignore shields like that with her Fair while Fox so much as tries to space a Nair gets bopped because of the range and air speed difference and his Bair is more of pressuring.

Falco's Nair having 15 frames of landing lag just feels stupid since it has so little range and no landing hitbox versus ZSS's who can space her Nair and cover things, Link and Sheik's Nair with it's great range for a sex kick, Shulk's Nair for it's amazing range, and even Captain Falcon and Ike whose Nairs are slower than Falco's, but they have good range and coverage. Sure, it makes sense for Sonic's to have 16 frames since it does cover him and he has his dashing speed, Spin Dash and Charge along with his other ground moves to cover him, but Falco can't get away with a lot of things. He can Nair to "approach", but he can't Nair, land, and follow up like Fox or even Link because of the range and knockback issue - he needs to land the last, frame 21 hit to cause any knockback. And then there's Rosalina whose Nair has 11 frames of landing lag, but lunar landing makes that mean nothing...

Dair having 26 frames is already stupid considering the startup, his poor air speed, durability, and ground speed compared to Captain Falcon and Ganondorf. Captain Falcon can whiff a Dair and make it out, Ganondorf tanks hits and his Dair can break shields, Falco's? The hit lag makes it so that people are aware of the move and they can grab him while his Dair does little shield damage. Why the hell does he even have hit lag on that move? Or Lucario and having hit lag on his moves? Seriously...

When you have a semi-clone of a character who already has issues with shields, but was able to make up for with speed while the semi-clone had a decent projectile made broken in Brawl and was removed, you end up with a character incredibly unsafe on shield and who has no way around shields other than, "OH!, I read that! I seent that with my pheasant eyes!" Add in a slow grab compared to Melee and poor horizontal mobility, well, you end up with a character whose whole picture wasn't looked at. Same with Zelda and Lucina. Marth had tippers to deal with shields, without that, Lucina's screwed. No shield pushing, the amount of precision needed, and bad landing lag hurts Zelda a lot.

It's like they saw the "bad", broken things in Brawl (and Melee), but instead of finding a way to tame them or make them work, but in a fair way, they just straight killed everything. Falco chaingrabbed in Brawl and destroyed a lot of people? Better make his grab slower than Ganondorf's. Falco laser spammed in Brawl and camped his way to victory? Better make it so he takes a full second to put away his Blaster. Falco's Dair spikes too fast? Better give it 11 frames of startup and make the landing lag slower than Captain Falcon's. Falco Phantasm spikes? Better make it so it has no hitbox on Falco. Marth can short hop Fair twice? Better kill his auto-cancel. Zelda exists? Better program her with a turtle stepping on the keyboard. Captain Falcon was bad in Brawl? Better give him massive disjoints. Sonic was bad in Brawl? Better make him as strong as Captain Falcon. Diddy was okay in Brawl? Better give him stretchy limbs.

Er... what happened to looking at Melee for Falco? If I recall from looking at stuff, he couldn't spam lasers like in Brawl and without wavedashing or wave-shining, he wouldn't be able to Blaster-boost his way from one end to the other. It would have been just a projectile that auto-cancels and if the range was really that bad, make it so it covers about half of FD instead of the entire length in Brawl. I mean, who's fault is it that he had a Blaster like that in Brawl and that the game allowed for chaingrabs. Yes, developers don't expect people to do certain things, but there should have been a red light when Falco was able to fire two lasers that stun, auto-cancel upon landing, and continue. I mean, if Marth and Luci could auto-cancel their Fairs and could only use it once in the air, it would be much better than not being able to auto-cancel at all or them being able to use it twice in the air and auto-cancel. Diddy did not need a range increase from Brawl and because of how this game works, he would be fine without that range increase. I would even say that he could still be top 10 with his Brawl range. The game's balanced, but there are things that feel really off and feel like there wasn't enough thought onto it.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
The Peach boards need it and asked about her frame data, but the Mii Brawler and I think the Robin boards need theirs too.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767

It really is kind of silly where we are at now in the smash community.

Even the brawl community likes insulting Smash 4. And I was so sure they would've helped us out and be there for us.

Honestly, my biggest problem with the smash bros community is how no one can accept the fact that people like and appreciate different things. Like, brawl and smash 4 are apparently bad because they are too slow, or melee is bad because it is too fast. Or smash 4 is bad because it doesn't have much tech, brawl is bad just because of tripping, or melee requires too much from people. (It can cause hand damage apparently.

Why do we have to call each other's game bad anyway? What do we gain from this? All it does is cause fighting.

On top of that, it's good to have diversity. I don't want to play a melee type game. I don't want to play a game that requires me to press 100 inputs in a second or having me die in the first 4 seconds of a match. I hear the phrase "A stock is not a lead" be described for melee before and I personally don't like that. I want to feel satisfaction for taking a stock.

I love smash 4. It is simple and very easy to get into. There isn't anything broken about it. The game is the most balanced to date, and was even so pre-diddy nerf. There is ton of diversity, the stage is fantastic for competitive play, (legalize wuhu).

Sure, it doesn't have much tech skill, and it isn't the fastest game in the world but it doesn't need that. People still love playing it. And while spectators may find it boring, that doesn't stop the enjoyment I have with it personally.

I don't think any of the games are bad. I feel 64, Melee, brawl, project m, Smash 4 are all excellent games. All catering to different people's needs.

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Thanks! I switch up the color every so often, try to match it with my avatar at the time but I too like reds/pinks especially mauve being the ultimate Shade of them all.

But anyways, back to Eugene.. I actually don't mind that Eugene stays out forever but it is the fact that he has measly 13% health and gets destroyed so quickly.
I didn't mind before but now the wait seems more noticeable before being allowed to use him again.

I like for him to stay out longer because then I can use him for cover and do hoodrat s**t but now I can't rely on him as much :/
It just feels like they limited what you can do with him.

@ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer yeah do Peach :D
Yeah staying out wouldn't be a problem if he didn't get wrecked so easy.

4 seconds doesn't sound like much, but it does make a noticeable difference.

I wonder if "Eugene" will catch on with everyone else...

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
So I've been trying out some footstool combos with Zelda, but there hasn't been anything amazing yet. D-tilt is a starter, but you have be touching your opponent before you even d-tilt, then you have to spam the jump button towards the enemy, land a ff sour d-air, then Farore's. It's pretty impractical, but since when has Zelda ever been about practicality?

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
My curiosity is slowly getting my cat
Gif of a prank (at least I hope it was) where a clown bashed someone's head in with a hammer, while three bystanders watched. The clown then chases the bystanders, with Fujmar being the clown, while the bystanders are labeled "red tyrants."

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
OMG SAME MATCH WITH DEM MELEE COMMENTATORS

Peach + Sheik (Red) vs Pikachu + Yoshi (Blue) GRAND FINALS DOUBLES

- Red takes first set 3-2, reset bracket
- Red leads 2-0
- Blue brings it back 2-2
- Both teams on their last stocks, blue with the percentage lead