• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
That is it

I'm replying to this BS.
*grabs popcorn*

But yeah, this is way way way too far. Even i know Ganondorf is way better in this game. Rosalina is also so light that Ganondorf has some pretty great tools against her with great reads.

Last edited:

Soul.

they throw around numbers like 80:20 and 100:0 and a lot of Rosalina mains in that thread tend to agree with it
lmao can't wait for this:
"Rosalina's Luma can give Pikachu a hard time! Also since Pikachu has trouble KOing you, you wait and punish! Once it's in the air, you use up air! 100:0 Rosalina's favor. Pikachu can't win"

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
He basically was a glass cannon in Assault.

In Assault multiplayer, speed is the most important stat so having low health basically balanced himself out.

High speed meant getting to weapons first, it let you escape from opponents trying to attack you with strong weapons, let you chase retreating opponents, and let you run circles around your opponents and shoot them while keeping yourself mobile.

Obviously his low health hurts him regardless, especially with vehicles on, but his speed lets him get to them faster, and escape to shelter faster so there's that.

You can even run circles around land masters and take down the whole tank without losing any health if you're good enough thanks to his speed which can help with his low health weakness.

At high levels, Falco is one of the best characters in the game, but also one of the most advanced.

Especially 1 vs. 1 matches.

Source: I actually played competitive Assault Multiplayer.
I didn't have anyone who played Star Fox: Assault much less played Star Fox...

At least he runs more naturally in Assault.

Like, just moving his arms like that shows he's putting effort/energy into running if nothing else.

I'd be good with that idea for the run animation swapping though.

Bowser got a new run so it's possible. (Maybe)
Some of the run animations in this game are just goofy as hell. Take Ganondorf's current one: way too realistic. He looks like the original Wii Fit Trainer and it shows considering his tilts, Up Smash, aerials, and his Warlock Punch which you could chalk up as wushu-based. Dude might look like brute, but he's definitely well-trained. Might as well give him cartwheels, somersaults, and other athletic and dainty things like Raiden in Metal Gear.

That explains why you "fight" him for literally 1/2 a second. That's some good info. That (probably) would've been a great boss fight.
Check this out: https://tcrf.net/Star_Fox_Adventures/Unused_Voice_Clips. And you can look up Star Fox Adventures unused voice clips and such along with Dinosaur Planet, the "beta" of Adventures. Some consider that it was not only Nintendo's fault, but Microsoft's too that caused Adventures to be incomplete. At one point, it was supposed to be Donkey Kong-themed instead of Star Fox. Could you imagine what it would be like if Krystal was in the DK universe? There were things like Krystal and Sabre, a cut character who was "replaced" by Fox McCloud and who Steve Malpass apparently also voiced, would be playable as well. There would be "other Trickys" for Krystal and Sabre too. Adventures could have had potentially 3 different, playable characters, a General Scales boss fight with Falco who nobody knows how he would fight - a slugger boxer, ranged support, or hell, he could pull out some nunchucks and go ham on General Scales and be Fox's Michelangelo to Fox's Donatello. Even the box art is iffy since Peppy is shown with a torch and it's implied Krystal would be with Fox during the adventure.

He also "stole" James McCloud's shades in that game.
Aviator sunglasses. It's just a regular thing for pilots and I think it's supposed to help with reading the controls. Wolf's eyepatch is considered to be used for this as well to help him see the lights on the controls as his eye would be used to the dark and lights would be more noticeable. The current scouter might be both a cool looking, "sun-monocle" or a regular scouter like Fox and Falco's in Brawl onwards.

Why doesn't Fox have a shades costume? :glare:
Yeah, I know. Falco could have had one too based on one of the Command endings and the closest thing we have is his white alt.

It's funny, with his 64/Assault run, his arms go near/past his waist so he could pull out his gun while running if needed I suppose.
Falco's run could easily be fixed if they made him a bit more upright and let his left arm move instead of leaving it like petrified like that. Best thing I could find to explain this. One arm at the ready and the other just moving as normal, but since Sam's using a sword, he's going to keep his left arm to hold the sheath while the right arm is the ready arm.

Now I wished Falco's Blaster was a revolver. Shoots incredibly fast for the first shot - if the Japanese frame data is right, then faster than frame 11 on the ground and faster than frame 9 in the air -, but continued firing is horribly slow, the "laser" doesn't travel as far, doesn't auto-cancel, but he slides that sucker in the holster like a true cowpheasant that'll make John Wayne look like an actor and he is an actor - Japanese frame data said it takes Falco about a second of commitment to fire Blaster once.

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla

I don't get where anyone gets 100:0 from for any match-up. Isn't that basically saying the Rosalina player wins even if s/he puts down the controller and does nothing?
Yeah, I could see someone making an argument for an 80:20 MU, albeit with extreme difficulty, and a lot of scrutinization, but 100:0? It's just impossible.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
:4miisword::4charizard:

lol wait I just made Charizard with a sword

new diddy counter?
Alright I may be suffering from "low tier main syndrome" but I no longer think Swordfighter is the worst character.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
This thread title definitely has no chance of drawing the wrong crowd

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
@ Berserker. Berserker. please be with the BKS when the 18th pops up and the Rosalinda boards attack the Swordspider boards

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So what is your ratio for Rosalina @ Berserker. Berserker. ?

I still think it is even. Shulk's amazing range, damage, and mobility is great against Rosalina. He does have poor frame data and can get easily juggled by Rosalina if not careful. He's very good at getting rid of Luma, (if not the best), though leaving Luma alive is very bad. Missing with an attack means more opportunity for counterattack with Luma out.

They can both edgeguard each other pretty well. Though Shulk does have the slight advantage here in terms edgeguarding.

Really, for Rosalina. It's about playing patiently. A shulk messing up is extremely bad when facing her due to his poor frame data and being juggle-able. Shield helps in the survivability department, but the lack of shield damage means Rosalina can play even more defensively.

In all, Shulk's range makes it hard for Rosalina to get in, but once she's in she can go to town.

So what is your ratio for Rosalina @ Berserker. Berserker. ?

I still think it is even. Shulk's amazing range, damage, and mobility is great against Rosalina. He does have poor frame data and can get easily juggled by Rosalina if not careful. He's very good at getting rid of Luma, (if not the best), though leaving Luma alive is very bad. Missing with an attack means more opportunity for counterattack with Luma out.

They can both edgeguard each other pretty well. Though Shulk does have the slight advantage here in terms edgeguarding.

Really, for Rosalina. It's about playing patiently. A shulk messing up is extremely bad when facing her due to his poor frame data and being juggle-able. Shield helps in the survivability department, but the lack of shield damage means Rosalina can play even more defensively.

In all, Shulk's range makes it hard for Rosalina to get in, but once she's in she can go to town.
I already made my stance on it a long time ago. It's even.

Last edited:

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
So I was eating some KFC but when I pulled up my piece there was a stink bug on it.

brb googling local trauma therapists

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
I could eat this in the future, but I got nothing to lose so here's a theory I made up that even if wrong, it makes :rosalina:look bad so there's that.
Note: Just a joke, don't take it seriously. Have fun with this thing.

Theory:
When Wolf returns, he'll claw :rosalina:into another galaxy.

"Basing this off Brawl Wolf and doesn't take into account any changes he would get in this game"

Evidence:
1) Because:rosalina:is so f-ing tall, the Wolf Flash can perfectly go right over luma and slash :rosalina:right in the face. Flash travels far so he can be at a safe distance and away from luma.
2) fsmash can go straight through luma, knock the idiot away and go straight for the kill after. Has very fast start up so :rosalina:won't know what hit her.
3) Up smash. Tons of range and hits on both sides. Knocks luma into the sky leaving:rosalina:open for an attack.
4) Up B has fast start up, can kick right through luma and send :rosalina:into the sky with a kick to the face.

5) Use Wolf's side taunt when luma is gone/knocked off stage.
6) Wolf can't let those :rosalina:mains get to cocky. They're good, but he's better!

"End Theory"
tldr: Wolf hard counters :rosalina: and I need him back.

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I could eat this in the future, but I got nothing to lose so here's a theory I made up that even if wrong, it makes :rosalina:look bad so there's that.
Note: Just a joke, don't take it seriously. Have fun with this thing.

Theory:
When Wolf returns, he'll claw :rosalina:into another galaxy.

"Basing this off Brawl Wolf and doesn't take into account any changes he would get in this game"

Evidence:
1) Because:rosalina:is so f-ing tall, the Wolf Flash can perfectly go right over luma and slash :rosalina:right in the face. Flash travels far so he can be at a safe distance and away from luma.
2) fsmash can go straight through luma, knock the idiot away and go straight for the kill after. Has very fast start up so :rosalina:won't know what hit her.
3) Up smash. Tons of range and hits on both sides. Knocks luma into the sky leaving:rosalina:open for an attack.
4) Up B has fast start up, can kick right through luma and send :rosalina:into the sky with a kick to the face.

5) Use Wolf's side taunt when luma is gone/knocked off stage.
6) Wolf can't let those :rosalina:mains get to cocky. They're good, but he's better!

"End Theory"
tldr: Wolf hard counters :rosalina: and I need him back.
You really, really like Wolf.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
So I was eating some KFC but when I pulled up my piece there was a stink bug on it.

brb googling local trauma therapists
tfw that probably isn't the grossest thing to happen to that piece of chicken

semi-related, stink bugs are cute

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I'm too lazy to read 20 pages....or maybe I will....decisions. You have to check this thread every few hours or you'll get so far behind you'll lose the will to go on, LOL.

@ IsmaR IsmaR Were you playing MK8 last night? I saw someone who had your exact name, believe it or not.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
OK, people need to stop throwing around 90-10 and 100-0 MU numbers, outside of like, MAYBE a few matchups (Melee: Fox/Falco vs Pichu/Kirby, Brawl: MK vs Zelda/Ganon, Sheik's side B vs Ganondorf, Dedede vs infinites).

Unless you have something that you can ABUSE that completely shuts a character down such as an EASY INFINITE or something that's unbeatable (Ganon vs Sheik Side B), then it's NOT an impossible match up.

No.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
And you don't?
Frankly, I don't care much about Wolf, similarly to Lucas. I played a lot of characters in Brawl but Wolf was never one of them.

Edit: for some reason my phone autocorrected Lucas to Lucia's? Ok...

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I just played a FG match by taking my opponent's first stock, then running away with Jump and Speed, and spamming Back Slash.
Then my opponent SDd on their last stock by using Fox's fair offstage...I can only imagine how they feel right now :^)
:salt: :salt: :salt:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Here's what I replied with at the rosalina threads. Welp I sense a remake of my solo raid (feat. @ Berserker. Berserker. )
This is the most ****ing ridiculous thing I've read. There are barely even any 70-30 in Sm4sh and those are extreme match ups. 0-100 is unwinnable at all which is not the case what so ever. Brawl didn't even have any 0-100 being the least balanced game from the franchise and this game is the most balanced. If this is what it'll be the second time around for us Zelda's, I'll be so unimpressed and simply frustrated that people actually say that.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
People throwing around crazy MU numbers should probably stop and think about how at 30:70 odds you basically aren't winning a bo3 set

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Wait wait what. The Rosalindas are saying something is 100:0???

Smh I don't understand them AT ALL.

Soul.

I REMEMBER SEEING YOU.

I even remember bringing it up in the Skype chat, asking if it was the same one from Smashboards.
were you facing clan members using pipe frame / slick / heavyweight
pls confirm or deny

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I REMEMBER SEEING YOU.

I even remember bringing it up in the Skype chat, asking if it was the same one from Smashboards.
I was thinking the same thing! I wasn't sure if it was actually you or just some person with the same name.

Now that I think about it this is pretty cool. The odds must be pretty low. Also I approve of Roy. :awesome:
were you facing clan members using pipe frame / slick / heavyweight
pls confirm or deny
Not that I remember. It was on 200cc if that makes any difference. I've been seeing waaaay more middleweights now.

Thinking back on it, there WAS a guy with 20k VR using that combo. They still did pretty well...

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
You really, really like Wolf.
I like wolves; wolf pups are adorable... @kaazers. :p

Anyway, before I do something stupid which I will, @ Lavani Lavani or anyone, IASA, end lag, and landing lag are pretty much the same thing right? I'm going to use TheReflexWonder's link to the Japanese frame data to fill in some of Falco's missing data since I can't reliably track end lag and there's nothing as of now on Falco's Blaster, Falco Phantasm, etc. startup.

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
By the way I just faced a Mii Brawler today and honestly I don't see what everyone gets so up in arms about when it comes to him. Helicopter Kick is silly, yeah, but if you DI the D-Throw right he'll only hit you with it if he makes a really good read. In the set we played I only got killed by it once and it's less because the move is dumb and more because I was just dumb enough to let myself get hit by it.

Oh, and it's not too hard to predict his Feint Jump since Brawler's recovery is kinda bad. It's certainly far from being as bad as ZSS's Flip Jump.

Also Brawler's Smashes are hilariously laggy I mean wow.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Wait wait what. The Rosalindas are saying something is 100:0???

Smh I don't understand them AT ALL.
Only the insane ones like Almostlegendary. I was looking at the week of WiiFit and someone said "I don't need to see or play the match up, just having low range makes it a 70-30" they also always bring the a rosalina won't let Luma die card up at every argument.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
I didn't have anyone who played Star Fox: Assault much less played Star Fox...
That sucks pretty bad.

I actually got REALLY lucky that people in my area played the game.

Tons of good times that will never be replicated since everyone has either moved away or doesn't play anymore.

I'll never forget the memories.
Some of the run animations in this game are just goofy as hell. Take Ganondorf's current one: way too realistic. He looks like the original Wii Fit Trainer and it shows considering his tilts, Up Smash, aerials, and his Warlock Punch which you could chalk up as wushu-based. Dude might look like brute, but he's definitely well-trained. Might as well give him cartwheels, somersaults, and other athletic and dainty things like Raiden in Metal Gear.
In Melee, his back rolling dodge was a backflip. It was cloned from Falcon, but it was quite the sight.

Check this out: https://tcrf.net/Star_Fox_Adventures/Unused_Voice_Clips. And you can look up Star Fox Adventures unused voice clips and such along with Dinosaur Planet, the "beta" of Adventures. Some consider that it was not only Nintendo's fault, but Microsoft's too that caused Adventures to be incomplete. At one point, it was supposed to be Donkey Kong-themed instead of Star Fox. Could you imagine what it would be like if Krystal was in the DK universe? There were things like Krystal and Sabre, a cut character who was "replaced" by Fox McCloud and who Steve Malpass apparently also voiced, would be playable as well. There would be "other Trickys" for Krystal and Sabre too. Adventures could have had potentially 3 different, playable characters, a General Scales boss fight with Falco who nobody knows how he would fight - a slugger boxer, ranged support, or hell, he could pull out some nunchucks and go ham on General Scales and be Fox's Michelangelo to Fox's Donatello. Even the box art is iffy since Peppy is shown with a torch and it's implied Krystal would be with Fox during the adventure.
That is some very interesting stuff. We can only imagine what it could have been like at this point.

I remember looking at the box art and seeing peppy with that torch when I was a kid. I thought (and still do) looked really cool and there's be all sorts of awesome fights in the game because of it.

Than I eventually played it and found out the truth. :ohwell:

Still looks pretty awesome though.
Aviator sunglasses. It's just a regular thing for pilots and I think it's supposed to help with reading the controls. Wolf's eyepatch is considered to be used for this as well to help him see the lights on the controls as his eye would be used to the dark and lights would be more noticeable. The current scouter might be both a cool looking, "sun-monocle" or a regular scouter like Fox and Falco's in Brawl onwards.
You learn something new everyday.

Falco's run could easily be fixed if they made him a bit more upright and let his left arm move instead of leaving it like petrified like that. Best thing I could find to explain this. One arm at the ready and the other just moving as normal, but since Sam's using a sword, he's going to keep his left arm to hold the sheath while the right arm is the ready arm.

Now I wished Falco's Blaster was a revolver. Shoots incredibly fast for the first shot - if the Japanese frame data is right, then faster than frame 11 on the ground and faster than frame 9 in the air -, but continued firing is horribly slow, the "laser" doesn't travel as far, doesn't auto-cancel, but he slides that sucker in the holster like a true cowpheasant that'll make John Wayne look like an actor and he is an actor - Japanese frame data said it takes Falco about a second of commitment to fire Blaster once.
That would be a sick run. Now we just gotta make it happen.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
The Rosalina boards are so damn cancerous omg. It's like they legitimately believe that Rosalina is a goddess of their religion, and if you don't believe in this Rosalinda religion, you deserve to repent sinner or something. Everything about Rosalina is perfect and blah blah blah. It's gross.

I don't see them being different from religious extremists honestly. I'm so surprised that so many people are able to follow such BS blindly. It's really sad. :/

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I like wolves; wolf pups are adorable... @kaazers. :p

Anyway, before I do something stupid which I will, @ Lavani Lavani or anyone, IASA, end lag, and landing lag are pretty much the same thing right?
IASA is when an action is interruptible with another input

End lag is the timeframe between the end of the action's active frames and the IASA frame.

Landing lag is the lag when landing during a move.

None of them are the same thing, though there's some amount of overlap in purpose between end lag and landing lag (ex. "End lag occurs through frame 50" "The move's IASA is 51f")

Top Bottom