• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
On the topic of Smash Nemeses(?) I hate Falcon with every fiber of my being and he needs to die. Alternatively, ROB.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I feel like I wouldn't mind Falcon as much if

1. I was playing against him offline instead of in an environment with input lag
2. I didn't see him in ~50% of my FG matches
3. He didn't exist

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Absolutely. Perfect.

My jaw hurts from laughing.

You win the internet.

@redfeatherraven has competition.

Falco was really good in Star Fox: Assault multiplayer.
He had a glass jaw in that game. Like, the guy with glass bones and paper skin in Spongebob Squarepants glass jaw or Zelda 3 heart run glass jaw. I wished his running animation was like in Assault or 64 since his Brawl-introduced one just looks silly, especially compared to Sheik who runs fast and then you have Falco strolling at an unreasonably slow pace. Wolf's limp run was also weird, it not as stupid-looking as Falco's and then you have Fox and his ninja airplane run. Wolf could swap his running animation with Falco's and have it modified to look like he has one arm ready to gouge someone and it would look fine. It would basically be a running version of his idle stance.

Star Fox: Assault's run looked goofy since Falco was all lanky, but it's nothing compared to whatever the hell he's doing right now.

Also, his Adventures design was baller. If only he had that alt. Fun fact: General Scales was supposed to have a boss fight and Falco was involved. Could you imagine what they could have taken from that and applied it to Falco's moveset? The below gif has Falco's 64 3D run which looks normal compared to his current run.

If they really had to make it look like he was always ready to pull out his Blaster while running, they could have still done something that didn't make him look dumb as hell.

Everything about me is about Falco isn't it? :p

Last edited:

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
I feel like I wouldn't mind Falcon as much if

1. I was playing against him offline instead of in an environment with input lag
2. I didn't see him in ~50% of my FG matches
3. He didn't exist
I wish you could like something more than once.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Macchi I want you to try going with just 3 characters for a week pls

When I was having the same issues with mains I was jumbling between 5 characters, so I decided to drop all of them but Shulk and Zelda just for a week. I improved so much within only a week that it was just...wow, so I decided to stick with only those two. Maybe you'll feel different after playing only a few characters for a short period of time, idk.
K 2 at a time

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Then there's me who will always be loyal to Zelda as a main no matter how dire it is. People tell me that I'll have no future in Sm4sh because I use Zelda. I try to learn other characters to attempt to cover bad MUs, but I just find that putting time into Zelda is what makes me enjoy the game the most. I might just be stubborn, or some waifufeg, but I'll work my butt off just to learn a bad MU so I can improve. Because I work on a single character, I actually do get results. I perform best when I'm enjoying myself, so that's personally why I will be a Zelda main now and in the future.

@ Macchiato Macchiato if you really want to strive to be good in this game, find a character that you think you will enjoy spending time practicing over and over again. Don't worry about matchups for now, because honestly this game does not have any unwinnable MUs and you can learn the MU and motivate yourself to play harder. If you think more about winning before playstyle, you WON'T win. It takes time to find that character, but if you find it, STICK with it. You don't know if he or she will work unless you win, you LOSE, and you try to adjust to overcome defeat.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Well its about damn time too, on anthers ladder i get called a ******, *****, lame, boring when i use MK (THEY BOTH DO THE SAME ****, DASH GRAB AND DASH ATTACK).

But for some reason Falcon gets praised, he's a walking meme bomb who gets love for being dumb. No character can get away with so much foolishness like he does.

:4fox:jab lock dweeb, sakurai nerf
:4zss:spam stun gun boohoo
:4pikachu:quick attack spam coward
:rosalina:campy time out character dabuz
:4sheik:needle spammer and braindead fair
:4diddy:duck fiddy
:4falcon:KNEEE OF JUSTICE, HYEZ, SHOW HIM UR MOVES SOOO HYPE OMG I LOVE FALCON

Its like they wanna suck his fart right out his backdoor Jesus.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Then there's me who will always be loyal to Zelda as a main no matter how dire it is. People tell me that I'll have no future in Sm4sh because I use Zelda. I try to learn other characters to attempt to cover bad MUs, but I just find that putting time into Zelda is what makes me enjoy the game the most. I might just be stubborn, or some waifufeg, but I'll work my butt off just to learn a bad MU so I can improve. Because I work on a single character, I actually do get results. I perform best when I'm enjoying myself, so that's personally why I will be a Zelda main now and in the future.

@ Macchiato Macchiato if you really want to strive to be good in this game, find a character that you think you will enjoy spending time practicing over and over again. Don't worry about matchups for now, because honestly this game does not have any unwinnable MUs and you can learn the MU and motivate yourself to play harder. If you think more about winning before playstyle, you WON'T win. It takes time to find that character, but if you find it, STICK with it. You don't know if he or she will work unless you win, you LOSE, and you try to adjust to overcome defeat.
Lemme see what characters I don't get bored playing
:4lucina::4zelda::4robinf::4wiifitm::4lucario::4pikachu:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
how does Anther's ladder even work

this site needs an instruction manual

Soul.

Well its about damn time too, on anthers ladder i get called a ******, *****, lame, boring when i use MK (THEY BOTH DO THE SAME ****, DASH GRAB AND DASH ATTACK).

But for some reason Falcon gets praised, he's a walking meme bomb who gets love for being dumb. No character can get away with so much foolishness like he does.

:4fox:jab lock dweeb, sakurai nerf
:4zss:spam stun gun boohoo
:4pikachu:quick attack spam coward
:rosalina:campy time out character dabuz
:4sheik:needle spammer and braindead fair
:4diddy:duck fiddy
:4falcon:KNEEE OF JUSTICE, HYEZ, SHOW HIM UR MOVES SOOO HYPE OMG I LOVE FALCON

Its like they wanna suck his fart right out his backdoor Jesus.
:4metaknight: DASH GRAB TO DOWN THROW TO UP B. ALWAYS. IT'S 100% GUARANTEED. IF YOUR OPPONENT SUCKS PREPARE FOR AN UP AIR RIDE

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Lemme see what characters I don't get bored playing
:4lucina::4zelda::4robinf::4wiifitm::4lucario::4pikachu:
Well, Macchi. You're always in the Zelda social aren't you?
:4zelda: ONE OF US, ONE OF US :4zelda:

For real though, I admire how optimistic you are about her. I think she'd be a very good pick for you. You could work hard and prove to people that you can get results with a "bad" character.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
But if you like viable characters then just play Pikachu/Lucario.

Robin and Wii Fit have potential.

Fsmash is ok as a character I guess.

Ch0z0x and "our Lord and Savior" with :4samus:

Big D with :4dedede:

It's all about hard work and passion, really. Well for our, "Lord and savior" he sort of doesn't give 2 F's lol.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I find it funny how people don't know how to start there when the site is really self-explanatory lol.
I only really have 1 question.

What is the sidebar for? The one with the Friendlies and Ranked headings. How do you play with people listed there?

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Hard work is always rewarded.

Now, will I say there are no unwinnable matchups? Can't say that for sure yet. It is always a possibility, but this smash game is certainly the most balanced to date. (Though, imagine if the game stayed at 1.0.) >.>

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Does anyone know how to stop stuff like Smash U from autoupdating?

Hard work is always rewarded.

Now, will I say there are no unwinnable matchups? Can't say that for sure yet. It is always a possibility, but this smash game is certainly the most balanced to date. (Though, imagine if the game stayed at 1.0.) >.>
Mega Man vs Dedede

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
But if you like viable characters then just play Pikachu/Lucario.

Robin and Wii Fit have potential.

Fsmash is ok as a character I guess.
I really think everyone is viable and Zelda. I don't see anyone was the melee Kirby anymore. But the problem is I want to play everyone, and get good at everyone.
Well, Macchi. You're always in the Zelda social aren't you?
:4zelda: ONE OF US, ONE OF US :4zelda:

For real though, I admire how optimistic you are about her. I think she'd be a very good pick for you. You could work hard and prove to people that you can get results with a "bad" character.
Yeah, I'm the most active (not counting the Zelda social) in the Zelda, WiiFit, Lucina, and Doc Boards

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Big D with :4dedede:
Big D actually switched to :4falcon: at NVM last weekend because he lost against a random Villager and didn't feel good with D3. His Falcon started wrecking everyone though. Loser's Finals against a :4diddy: only lasted 5 minutes in a BO5, and he took the first stock of the first match in 10 seconds. It was magical.

But poor Dedede.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Big D actually switched to :4falcon: at NVM last weekend because he lost against a random Villager and didn't feel good with D3. His Falcon started wrecking everyone though. Loser's Finals against a :4diddy: only lasted 5 minutes in a BO5, and he took the first stock of the first match in 10 seconds. It was magical.

But poor Dedede.
He put on a good show with Dedede when he was playing him though.

Like, he actually made :4dedede:v:4pikachu: look even.

Top Bottom