• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
Anyone care to entertain me?

I'm somehow obligated to come to my sister's Dance recital.

Because it's totally in MY best interest.

Sometimes I wish I moved farther away for college...

Edit: Not sure whether I should pull out my 3DS because 2 kids in front of me are playing Smash together...

*taps fingers together in an evil fashion*

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I thought you liked playing Greninja, Macchi =V
He's gonna be a secondary for sure but not my main. A secondary main is also possible but I don't see him as my primary main. Like how Salem mains Villager, Sheik, and Lucina, and Villager and Sheik are primary while Lucina is a secondary main

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Ok I'm getting rlly nervous to make a thread about it in the Character Support soo ppl plz do this before I make one!

Like this comment if u think Cia should be SSB4 DLC, or give ur opinion on this supposedly "unappreciated" character :(
I LIKE BREASTS

AND PSYCHOPATHIC ONES AT THAT

SO I WILL SUPPORT YOUR CAUSE

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
General
  • Not broken and aren't braindead
:4roy:
  • Fun
  • Interesting
  • Like the character
  • Great combo game
:4dedede:
  • Fun
  • I love the character
  • Great range
  • Used him in Brawl a bit
:4gaw:
  • Fun
  • Great customs
  • Very unique
  • Amazing combos
:4lucario:
  • The kills
  • Fun
  • Great recovery
  • Moveset allows creativity
:4alph:
  • People hate playing against him
  • Different than other campers
  • Fun
  • Taunts lol
:4pikachu:
  • Fast
  • Strong
  • Great customs
  • Fun
:4villagerf:
  • Fun
  • Taunts lol
  • Custom ledge stalling
  • Really weird and unique
Ok and now how do those compare to the characters you've been using forever? I can pretty much guarantee you have a lot more and better reasons for WFT, Zelda, Lucina, etc. because you've played them forever.

You know, you can't just pick up characters here and there Macchi. I know you said you can learn characters quick, but a lt of people can. On top of that you have to learn their best stage, how to play every single matchup, what matchups to not use them in, how every one of their customs works and when to use each, and all of that. You have to be dedicated to 1-3 characters so you can learn all of that. Otherwise you're never going to get better

I'm sry if that's harsh but smh you really need to get this together for once and for all

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Ok and now how do those compare to the characters you've been using forever? I can pretty much guarantee you have a lot more and better reasons for WFT, Zelda, Lucina, etc. because you've played them forever.

You know, you can't just pick up characters here and there Macchi. I know you said you can learn characters quick, but a lt of people can. On top of that you have to learn their best stage, how to play every single matchup, what matchups to not use them in, how every one of their customs works and when to use each, and all of that. You have to be dedicated to 1-3 characters so you can learn all of that. Otherwise you're never going to get better

I'm sry if that's harsh but smh you really need to get this together for once and for all
Pretty much all this. If you want to play competitively or want to be the very best like no one ever was than take this advice.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo

I'm just not dedicated to anyone this iteration ATM. I just can't seem to find a character that fits well. I'm really hoping Lucas is the one that fits me but I have to wait a while and I really don't wanna wait.
Beautiful
Villager mains are terrible people,
@Fernosaur

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Edit: Not sure whether I should pull out my 3DS because 2 kids in front of me are playing Smash together...

*taps fingers together in an evil fashion*
do it
do it
do it

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I'm just not dedicated to anyone this iteration ATM. I just can't seem to find a character that fits well. I'm really hoping Lucas is the one that fits me but I have to wait a while and I really don't wanna wait.
You know you can play more than one character. Just don't go crazy. Whenever you don't know who to use, you always seem to default to :4lucina::4wiifit: or :4zelda:. That must mean something gorl. How would you feel playing those three?

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I'm just one challenge away from being done with every challenge. It says there are 6 challenges left, but I have 5 hammers. And before anyone asks, all challenges left are indeed hammerable.

The problem is most of them happen by playing normally except one: Beat Classic mode at 7.0 with all characters. As time consuming as it may be, looks like I'm going to have to do it.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
You know you can play more than one character. Just don't go crazy. Whenever you don't know who to use, you always seem to default to :4lucina::4wiifit: or :4zelda:. That must mean something gorl. How would you feel playing those three?
But I'll need characters to cover they're bad MUs like Kirby WiiFit might even be 75-25. Lucina, probably only wins like 10-15 MUs. Zelda just needs to cover the top tiers and some other rushdowns. Like here was what I was thinking about who I main with who.
:4lucina:&:4sheik:
:4zelda:&:4lucario:
:4wiifitm:&:4pikachu:
:4drmario:&:4rob:

Last edited:

Soul.

But I'll need characters to cover they're bad MUs like Kirby WiiFit might even be 75-25. Lucina, probably only wins like 10-15 MUs. Zelda just needs to cover the top tiers and some other rushdowns. Like here was what I was thinking about who I main with who.
just go Female Marth and Sheik. The latter is easy mode and you don't need to waste a lot of time figuring out how she works and ****.
well i mean you could go Wii Fit + Pika but idk

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
If you're going to have Greninja as a secondary like you said before, then just get another character you like that has a good MU with Sheik, Fox and Sonic as your main and you're set.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
But didn't you say the last time we talked about your mains that you don't care about tiers? If you don't care about the tier placement of your character, you're gonna have to deal with bad MUs. If you learned every single intricacy of those three characters, I bet you could do better with them in a bad MU than by just using a random pocket character like Sheik. Wouldn't you wanna be recognized for using lesser seen characters anyway?

oh, and I'm pretty sure Zelda and Fsmash the character can do fine against Kirby.

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
I'm sorry to interject, but learning to play bad matchups seems like it would be very useful to improving. Your counterpick character may actually be worse for you in the long run because it limits how much experience you have with the character. Learning how to beat uphil matchups with your most comfortable characters will most likely increase your skill level as they force you to practice unorthodox strategies. This will be helpful in the long run, because then your three characters will be better off and you'll be stronger with them compared to playing many characters, in which each would be weaker. Quality, not Quantity.

Sorry for interjecting again.

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Sometimes I think "I should go on Anther's Ladder"

but then I think "no I'd get rekt"

so I don't

help

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Tbh :4zelda: and :4miisword: (Zelderly) is the best main + plus secondary.

This team covers the super difficult :4zelda:MU!

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
But didn't you say the last time we talked about your mains that you don't care about tiers? If you don't care about the tier placement of your character, you're gonna have to deal with bad MUs. If you learned every single intricacy of those three characters, I bet you could do better with them in a bad MU than by just using a random pocket character like Sheik. Wouldn't you wanna be recognized for using lesser seen characters anyway?

oh, and I'm pretty sure Zelda and Fsmash the character can do fine against Kirby.
Not really tiers, more like if they are braindead or not. That's why I refuse to main or secondary luigi or diddy. I'll use them in like friendliest or to play around but never in a tournament. That's why I have low respect for people who use the top tier character EVERY game like Zero or M2k.
If you're going to have Greninja as a secondary like you said before, then just get another character you like that has a good MU with Sheik, Fox and Sonic as your main and you're set.
maybe :4wiifitm:&:4greninja: but how well does greninja do against :4kirby::4jigglypuff::4pikachu::4mario::4zelda::4shulk:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I'm sorry to interject, but learning to play bad matchups seems like it would be very useful to improving. Your counterpick character may actually be worse for you in the long run because it limits how much experience you have with the character. Learning how to beat uphil matchups with your most comfortable characters will most likely increase your skill level as they force you to practice unorthodox strategies. This will be helpful in the long run, because then your three characters will be better off and you'll be stronger with them compared to playing many characters, in which each would be weaker. Quality, not Quantity.

Sorry for interjecting again.
I actually agree with this as well, I've thought time and time again to get a secondary that covers Greninja's bad MUs but then I end up doing worse with those characters than I do with Greninja even if I'm technically in a disadvantage.

It helps that Greninja doesn't have any really that bad MUs, sure, but I feel that if I want to be good with him I need to learn to get around the bad MUs as well.

Well except R.O.B.

R.O.B is my personal nemesis.

Not really tiers, more like if they are braindead or not. That's why I refuse to main or secondary luigi or diddy. I'll use them in like friendliest or to play around but never in a tournament. That's why I have low respect for people who use the top tier character EVERY game like Zero or M2k.

maybe :4wiifitm:&:4greninja: but how well does greninja do against :4kirby::4jigglypuff::4pikachu::4mario::4zelda::4shulk:
Greninja beats :4jigglypuff: and :4zelda:, especially the former

:4kirby::4pikachu::4mario: are all even to slightly in Greninja's favor

:4shulk: is even.

RIP NINJA ZELDA
I'm dying lol

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500

Macchi I want you to try going with just 3 characters for a week pls

When I was having the same issues with mains I was jumbling between 5 characters, so I decided to drop all of them but Shulk and Zelda just for a week. I improved so much within only a week that it was just...wow, so I decided to stick with only those two. Maybe you'll feel different after playing only a few characters for a short period of time, idk.

Top Bottom