• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Just click on their names and wait for them to accept your challenge.
imo it should be click anywhere in that area. a lot more intuitive.
Downloads/updates from e-shop happen automatically unless your system isn't connecting to the Internet.
So there's no way to stop my replays from randomly becoming deprecated once they release a patch.

Nice.

Thanks, Nintendo.

Is this a bad time to mention then that I have an Olimar secondary? :happysheep:

(In fact, I might drop Villager. I might use him slightly in more competitive matches, but I'm going to pull out Olimar more now).
I think you should pick up Olimar. Very unique character and he's also good, AND fun to use.

I love those yellow pikmin disjoints and blue pikmin kill throws

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Is this a bad time to mention then that I have an Olimar secondary? :happysheep:

(In fact, I might drop Villager. I might use him slightly in more competitive matches, but I'm going to pull out Olimar more now).
Yeah I feel like olimar fits you better. Your also better with him
@ Macchiato Macchiato

You should stick to Zelda imo
hmmm still thinking about it
How dare you.
oooh well he's so fun gorl. also everyone hates playing against him which is funny to watch them try to get him off relentlessly

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
He put on a good show with Dedede when he was playing him though.

Like, he actually made :4dedede:v:4pikachu: look even.
He played Dedede against Captain L because they are both from our region. They always play each other in Grand Finals here in my region, so he's very comfortable in fighting L with his true main. Big D definitely makes seemingly bad MUs look great with Dedede, he's just that good.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
He had a glass jaw in that game. Like, the guy with glass bones and paper skin in Spongebob Squarepants glass jaw or Zelda 3 heart run glass jaw.
He basically was a glass cannon in Assault.

In Assault multiplayer, speed is the most important stat so having low health basically balanced himself out.

High speed meant getting to weapons first, it let you escape from opponents trying to attack you with strong weapons, let you chase retreating opponents, and let you run circles around your opponents and shoot them while keeping yourself mobile.

Obviously his low health hurts him regardless, especially with vehicles on, but his speed lets him get to them faster, and escape to shelter faster so there's that.

You can even run circles around land masters and take down the whole tank without losing any health if you're good enough thanks to his speed which can help with his low health weakness.

At high levels, Falco is one of the best characters in the game, but also one of the most advanced.

Especially 1 vs. 1 matches.

Source: I actually played competitive Assault Multiplayer.

I wished his running animation was like in Assault or 64 since his Brawl-introduced one just looks silly, especially compared to Sheik who runs fast and then you have Falco strolling at an unreasonably slow pace. Wolf's limp run was also weird, it not as stupid-looking as Falco's and then you have Fox and his ninja airplane run. Wolf could swap his running animation with Falco's and have it modified to look like he has one arm ready to gouge someone and it would look fine. It would basically be a running version of his idle stance.

Star Fox: Assault's run looked goofy since Falco was all lanky, but it's nothing compared to whatever the hell he's doing right now.
At least he runs more naturally in Assault.

Like, just moving his arms like that shows he's putting effort/energy into running if nothing else.

I'd be good with that idea for the run animation swapping though.

Bowser got a new run so it's possible. (Maybe)
Also, his Adventures design was baller. If only he had that alt. Fun fact: General Scales was supposed to have a boss fight and Falco was involved. Could you imagine what they could have taken from that and applied it to Falco's moveset? The below gif has Falco's 64 3D run which looks normal compared to his current run. If they really had to make it look like he was always ready to pull out his Blaster while running, they could have still done something that didn't make him look dumb as hell.
That explains why you "fight" him for literally 1/2 a second. That's some good info. That (probably) would've been a great boss fight.

He also "stole" James McCloud's shades in that game.

Why doesn't Fox have a shades costume? :glare:

It's funny, with his 64/Assault run, his arms go near/past his waist so he could pull out his gun while running if needed I suppose.

Everything about me is about Falco isn't it? :p
Yep. Not a bad thing though.

I'm pretty similar, just with a different character.:smirk:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I think you should pick up Olimar. Very unique character and he's also good, AND fun to use.

I love those yellow pikmin disjoints and blue pikmin kill throws
Way ahead of you. Picked him up like a week ago and been loving him. :3

Didn't know about the yellow pikmin disjoint though, what do you mean? :o

Yeah I feel like olimar fits you better. Your also better with him
Yeah, Olimar fits my more defensive playstyle more and works well with Rosalina. Also, Olimar actually fixes some disadvantage match-ups while Villager lost to the same people Rosalina did if not to even more characters.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Yellow pikmin standard attacks have a range increase compared to the usual range.
I was wondering what to use yellows for.

I was thinking red for more general damage, blues for throws, whites for pummels and purples for DEATH, but I couldn't figure out yellows.

This is helpful information though. :happysheep:

DoctorDub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrDubious
****in' Peach...
Peach makes me sad and very, very angry.
Like, I met this good Peach on FG, so basically what went on was obviously just: RIP me.

I even tried to switch to ZSS (because I avoid Zelda v Peach like the plague), but I just don't get how fighting that floaty bugger works.

Time to make another ****ty, salt and fatigue induced video me thinks.
Actually, screw that. New EP of Fate/Stay night is out.

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Then there's me who will always be loyal to Zelda as a main no matter how dire it is. People tell me that I'll have no future in Sm4sh because I use Zelda. I try to learn other characters to attempt to cover bad MUs, but I just find that putting time into Zelda is what makes me enjoy the game the most.
My opinion exactly. Couldn't have said it better. Well done! :):):)

I might just be stubborn, or some waifufeg,
It's always good to stay loyal to your waifu.

They really enhance your life.

My life at least...

Because I work on a single character, I actually do get results. I perform best when I'm enjoying myself, so that's personally why I will be a Zelda main now and in the future.
Same here. I play characters that are fun. Zelda is fun to play. That's all I care about.

I'll be a Zelda main now and in the near future.

I say "near" because in the distant future, when Wolf returns, 99.9% chance I'll main him exclusively.

But if he doesn't, then Zelda all the way!

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
****in' Peach...
Peach makes me sad and very, very angry.
Like, I met this good Peach on FG, so basically what went on was obviously just: RIP me.

I even tried to switch to ZSS (because I avoid Zelda v Peach like the plague), but I just don't get how fighting that floaty bugger works.

Time to make another ****ty, salt and fatigue induced video me thinks.
Actually, screw that. New EP of Fate/Stay night is out.
Peach and Jigglypuff need to be put on a rocket headed for the moon.

That detonates upon impact.

Last edited:
Alright, this is borderline ridiculous.

100:0 would imply that Ganondorf has a 0% chance of winning against Rosalina which is wrong. 80:20's and hell even 70:30's are even a rarity in this game. Don't throw out number like these often

If this is the type of explanations and numbers I will get when I visit here for the Shulk discussion tomorrow, I am not looking forward to it at all.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer

I don't get where anyone gets 100:0 from for any match-up. Isn't that basically saying the Rosalina player wins even if s/he puts down the controller and does nothing?

Top Bottom