• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
You really, really like Wolf.
Wolf was LITERALLY THE ONLY character I liked using in Brawl.

If he wasn't in, I probably would've quit smash way back in March 2008 when the game came out.

I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for him.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
The Rosalina boards are so damn cancerous omg. It's like they legitimately believe that Rosalina is a goddess of their religion, and if you don't believe in this Rosalinda religion, you deserve to repent sinner or something. Everything about Rosalina is perfect and blah blah blah. It's gross.

I don't see them being different from religious extremists honestly. I'm so surprised that so many people are able to follow such BS blindly. It's really sad. :/
Rosalism is what I'd call their cult.

I am gonna make Pacman vs Little Mac jokes about this all night.

THIS WILL DETERMINE THE MATCH UP

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Now that I finally got done checking and replying to all these posts, I can now fully appreciate the new title for this thread that I only noticed a few minutes ago.

Mericus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mericus
lol the Thread title <3

Anyone taking MU Values given like 0-10/etc. by randoms doesn't need to worry,
Values given by the public are rarely taken seriously :u

Even Backroom members can ignore another's input in most FGC Forums.
The most we can about it do is give good discussion for an MU and represent the public properly.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
IASA is when an action is interruptible with another input

End lag is the timeframe between the end of the action's active frames and the IASA frame.

Landing lag is the lag when landing during a move.

None of them are the same thing, though there's some amount of overlap in purpose between end lag and landing lag (ex. "End lag occurs through frame 50" "The move's IASA is 51f")
Basically... I'm going to wait for @Aerodrome for IASA while the linked frame data will serve for end lag. :p

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Man, I didn't really look at what all was available in the frame data there until now, but it is thorough. There's data for grounded and aerial item throws, soft landing lag, hard landing lag, jumpsquat, and probably a bunch of other things.

I was laughing at Robin's 7f jumpsquat until I saw Zelda's is 6f.

They're reciting the Philippine anthem. I still fail every single test about memorizing the lyrics (has to be correct spelling :c)

Oh look. It's Jamie Foxx

And Jimmy Kimmel

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Man, I didn't really look at what all was available in the frame data there until now, but it is thorough. There's data for grounded and aerial item throws, soft landing lag, hard landing lag, jumpsquat, and probably a bunch of other things.

I was laughing at Robin's 7f jumpsquat until I saw Zelda's is 6f.
Wait, there's jump data? Anyway, I wished there was customs data, but beggars can't be choosers. One thing I have no idea one is what the (40) and (33) mean after Falco's Blaster data. I think it might be continued firing or how long the laser stays out which would make a bit more sense for a laser to stay out around 40 frames while it would be stupid if it took him 40 frames to fire another shot - it might be in the upper 20's for that like in Melee.

Edit: Never mind, found the jump data; Falco's is 6. There's also "landing" which I have no idea what it means with "small" and "large". Err... normal landing lag after a jump?

Edit 2: Edit Harder: I swear Falco's jump is one of the weirdest things in the game. I think it's a combination of his jump height that makes it feel like a dodge and maybe he actually does mess with the Z-axis, but probably not. I mean, if you do a backwards short hop with Ganondorf, it feels sluggish, but Falco's feels like it glides a bit.

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I like how Robin's wind jab is now good because now Robins use it more often and so I can Shadow Sneak hitstun cancel out of it while Robin can't do a thing about it =V

Lavani

Indigo Destiny

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I like how Robin's wind jab is now good because now Robins use it more often and so I can Shadow Sneak hitstun cancel out of it while Robin can't do a thing about it =V
Remember when Ally did the whole wait near or at the ledge and charge Up Smash? ALL the Marios, Dr. Marios, and Luigis do that. Hell, all players do that now. Little Mac? Hold Down Smash near the ledge. Triple D? Hold Side Smash near the ledge. Bowser? Hold Side Smash near the ledge.

It's the insane amount of pathetic cookie cutters and it works because those tactics just work better when input lag is involved. The stupider thing is when they hold Smashes far away from you. Seriously? How stupid do you think I am that I'll run into a Smash like that in clear daylight? Eat a troll, fail, Falco Blaster laser courtesy of poor game design.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Remember when Ally did the whole wait near or at the ledge and charge Up Smash? ALL the Marios, Dr. Marios, and Luigis do that. Hell, all players do that now. Little Mac? Hold Down Smash near the ledge. Triple D? Hold Side Smash near the ledge. Bowser? Hold Side Smash near the ledge.

It's the insane amount of pathetic cookie cutters and it works because those tactics just work better when input lag is involved. The stupider thing is when they hold Smashes far away from you. Seriously? How stupid do you think I am that I'll run into a Smash like that in clear daylight? Eat a troll, fail, Falco Blaster laser courtesy of poor game design.
:shaker:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
:4ganondorf: vs :4sheik: MU
I think it's quite even, to be honest. Both have absurdly fast attacks and both can rack up heavy damage into a KO if they wanted to. While Sheik has her needles, Ganondorf has his WizKick and aerial WizKick, the latter of which can prove deadly against a Sheik using an impromptu U-Air, since the Mix-Up will hit Sheik. Both have some very great grab games that give off a lot of reward, and both have something that balance one another out. Sheik has a great recovery, but let's remember that you should never recover above Ganondorf or whiff a Bouncing Fish in front of him; U-Smash and U-Tilt will get you, respectively.

So honestly, I think it's a 50:50 MU for both; they both just seem to do something to balance the other out. What do you guys think about their MU?

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I'm glad he got infracted (ot was it a warning I can't remember)
Huh? Where was this match-up posted? It may be silly, but I wouldn't think someone would deserve a warning or infraction for it. He at least put details, (as wrong as they are).

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
But you know it to be true. Remember when Diddy's U-throw to Uair or Mario's D-throw to Utilt was founded? That **** spread around like the plague or Link's "infinite" and people just fishing for those instead of actually playing? Or how about Luigi in general? It's a sad day when people miss out of Luigi's D-throw to whatever.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Huh? Where was this match-up posted? It may be silly, but I wouldn't think someone would deserve a warning or infraction for it. He at least put details, (as wrong as they are).
Those are the only kinds of posts he ever makes and he frequently mentions he was trolling after making them

It was in CCI at any rate

Lol Manny thinks he won.

Give me a break. He wasn't himself, it was pathetic.
Mayweather played it right and was smart about it. Manny was flailing his punches so I was like, "um." Mayweather didn't punch as much but he was more calculated and accurate.

Smart man

D

Deleted member

Wait wait wait WAIT WHERE IS ALL THIS GOING ON.

It's 12:03 am, I'm bored and watching this discussion sounds like fun.

Top Bottom