• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

its ok they fixed shulk's hitbox dissonance last patch

but not zeldas
>:
Yeah, I remember when Shulk's d-tilt hitbox missed up close. That was horrible :<

But hey, f-smash is pretty good for Zelda now, eh? Right? At least she has one additional solid KO option, I guess. Now they just need to do some adjustments for her u-smash

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Why doesn't Ike's Dair have a hitbox?

Did I just steal another page? Didn't notice.

Last edited:
Or they could just remove Zelda's up smash. :secretkpop:
Or replace Rosalina/Zelda 2.0 with Zelda :secretkpop:
Wait

are you talking about Shulk's ftilt?

Because that still whiffs pointblank on certain characters in 1.0.7, just replicated against Sheik to verify.
Still whiffs on a few characters but it almost (actually never) happens in matches. Yeah, I noticed this happening with Ninja-Zelda.

Angled down f-smash is ultra inconsistent though with connecting both hits, but who needs that when you got angled-up f-smash?

Latte

Smash Ace
Oh hey @Cenizas, I forgot to stop being dumb and actually answer your question earlier.

I think maybe Tristana is the sassiest. No one has Zelda levels of sass but that would be hard to achieve. You should totally play League, it's a really fun game and it's even better with friends.
I was Googling "sassiest League champions" and found this

Last edited:
Does it meteor? I dunno, it's untestable because no one has ever landed it.
It still meteors

Also, I know I've always called Dedede bad or that stuff. But I'm actually having fun with him. Maybe it's because of his disjoint and because I know how to live with crap frame data. He also hits hard and his f-tilt is really good. It's also great to have insane survivability

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Alright, got it. Thanks bruh
Np. Not sure how you're breeding but make sure you're using O-Powers for hatching and have something with Flame Body in the party as well. I use bird since it can use Fly too.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
It still meteors

Also, I know I've always called Dedede bad or that stuff. But I'm actually having fun with him. Maybe it's because of his disjoint and because I know how to live with crap frame data. He also hits hard and his f-tilt is really good. It's also great to have insane survivability
I've been playing dedede to troll my ness friend who had never lost to a dedede before. Pivot ftilt so good. I just wish his airspeed was better and I knew how to land with fast fall BAir better.

And he's following me, so I hope he sees this and gets salty. :D

Rizen

Smash Legend
Np. Not sure how you're breeding but make sure you're using O-Powers for hatching and have something with Flame Body in the party as well. I use bird since it can use Fly too.
Yoga beforehand can yield better results.
/sorry I make bad jokes.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Dedede is bad, but he's fun until you run into a Mega Man

It's a good thing his bair is gdlk because you get to use it a lot when you play him :200: Really though even though it's ridic slow, it's a massively disjointed 16% aerial that kills, sh autocancels, and is safe on shield, and with his fall speed you can just drop on people out of nowhere with it for surprise edgeguards.

I think I may pick Greninja back up again. I've been derusting with him while experimenting with Stagnant Shuriken today and reminded myself that he just feels so good to move around with compared to other speedy characters, and he hits way harder than Sheik too.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Someone kill me now I'm actually putting effort to attempt to make my Zelderly :4miisword: viable send halp I already wasted enough time on one bad character to main can't afford to do it for another because that would mean maining two Zeldas or in other words two basement dwellers smh I haven't even written a period in the end of my sentence either wow.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I think I may pick Greninja back up again. I've been derusting with him while experimenting with Stagnant Shuriken today and reminded myself that he just feels so good to move around with compared to other speedy characters, and he hits way harder than Sheik too.
To be fair, who doesn't hit way harder than Sheik? =V

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
To be fair, who doesn't hit way harder than Sheik? =V
well

yeah

I dunno, I just mean that he's a highly mobile character that still does 7~14% per hit with a ton of 2~4 hit combos and it feels satisfying to string heavier hits like that. Hitting 12341 times with Sheik's fair/ftilt and then noticing they only took 20~30% is so bleh.

I guess Fox has a similar feel in theory but I like Greninja a ton more than Fox.

Don't know much with D3. All I'm doing is spacing with f-tilt, f-air and b-air , and doing jab1 > jab 2 > d-throw > f-air or b-air. I haven't even touched his gordos yet but I'm pretty sure I'm better off not using them. So yeah, just spacing with Dedede. That's all. It's still fun to use him
Someone kill me now I'm actually putting effort to attempt to make my Zelderly :4miisword: viable send halp I already wasted enough time on one bad character to main can't afford to do it for another because that would mean maining two Zeldas or in other words two basement dwellers smh I haven't even written a period in the end of my sentence either wow.
You need help with making Butter knife fighter viable? Ayt

> Jab is solid even though it's frame 7 (Garbage). Make sure you space your jab because when opponents are up close to BKF, anyone can beat him out. Even Shulk. Lol. That's saying a lot
> Dash attack is purty solid. I guess. Punishable on shield though. Nothing much
> F-tilt is pretty straightforward and basic. It's kind of like Shulk's f-tilt only (probably) faster but it deals 1% less damage and it has shorter range. It can also hit opponents while facing backwards. You can pull this off by doing pivot f-tilt UP CLOSE to the opponent
> D-tilt is pretty much his best tilt imo. Comes out at frame 5 (?) or 4, idk. Can poke the lower part of shields if left vulnerable.
> U-tilt = Link's u-tilt
> F-smash is bleh. Long ranged though but it comes out at frame 16. Use it for punishing or maybe pivot with it. The range on f-smash is pretty insane though
> U-smash is a decent OoS option. It's also surprisingly good at getting early KO's
> D-smash is like.... um... Fast but the range is just horrible
> F-air, idk how the hell I should use this
> B-air is awesome. It's fast, and it kills. Also deals a lot of damage. It also has the same range as his f-tilt (almost). So yeah, SH b-airs and stuff
> N-air is great for retreating or shield poking. It's also good for edgeguarding, surprisingly. Comes out at frame 12 though so space it
> D-air is good for gimping. Think Kirby's d-air here
> U-air is your best aerial. Auto-cancels, 16% damage, frame 11, kills, combo's off d-throw. HOO HAH
> Too lazy to talk about the specials

So yeah. Pudding. imo.

Last edited:

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes

For Glory pls.
lmao

Somehow, I rarely run into people this bad on For Glory. Most of the opponents I face actually put up a decent fight.

Speaking of For Glory, it's starting to make me hate Falcon. I haven't been playing it recently because I don't enjoy the default meta-game anymore and when I used to frequent it I ran into a variety of characters. Never really had too much of a problem with running into the same character 50 million times in one sitting.

Nowadays, every time I beat someone I fully expect them to be a killjoy and switch to Golden Falcon (if they weren't playing as him already) because he seems to be the new Little Mac. His jab, U-air, B-air, and dash grab are so very disgusting and annoying to deal with; he's all kinds of un-fun to fight in this game. Doesn't help that most of these guys seem to at least somewhat understand what they're doing with the character even if it's obvious they don't main him.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Don't know much with D3. All I'm doing is spacing with f-tilt, f-air and b-air , and doing jab1 > jab 2 > d-throw > f-air or b-air. I haven't even touched his gordos yet but I'm pretty sure I'm better off not using them. So yeah, just spacing with Dedede. That's all. It's still fun to use him
dtilt and dsmash are also good options off jab1>jab2

Get opponents above you if you can, Dedede's uair is amazing. Huge, lingers, low end lag, good damage, kills...you really do not want to be above that move because nothing can challenge it. Dedede's movement sucks though so the majority of characters can drift away safely :(

Gordos are good, spamming Gordos is not. It depends a lot on MU and situation though, they aren't super useful in neutral but are great for edgeguarding or covering your landing, and they can be safe to throw out when they don't put you at risk (i.e. when you're at a distance where you'll be able to safely shield/re-reflect it, or in the rare situation that an opponent won't be able to do anything about it - for example, SoRo has no aerials that hit in front of her that can reflect a Gordo). Vertically bounced Gordos can be useful as a wall, particularly when covering ledge options.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I got hit by a Gordo as bowser offstage and it stage spiked me then hit me again, then hit me again for like 60% damage

**** GORDOS

This was in a tournament match also which cost me the set.

Cool. I guess.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
It still meteors

You don't know!!! Stop speculating!!!

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I got hit by a Gordo as bowser offstage and it stage spiked me then hit me again, then hit me again for like 60% damage

**** GORDOS

This was in a tournament match also which cost me the set.

Cool. I guess.
:4dedede::4dedede::4dedede:
Ha. Ha! HA!

Last edited:
dtilt and dsmash are also good options off jab1>jab2

Get opponents above you if you can, Dedede's uair is amazing. Huge, lingers, low end lag, good damage, kills...you really do not want to be above that move because nothing can challenge it. Dedede's movement sucks though so the majority of characters can drift away safely :(

Gordos are good, spamming Gordos is not. It depends a lot on MU and situation though, they aren't super useful in neutral but are great for edgeguarding or covering your landing, and they can be safe to throw out when they don't put you at risk (i.e. when you're at a distance where you'll be able to safely shield/re-reflect it, or in the rare situation that an opponent won't be able to do anything about it - for example, SoRo has no aerials that hit in front of her that can reflect a Gordo). Vertically bounced Gordos can be useful as a wall, particularly when covering ledge options.
So carefully utilize gordos then? Alrighty. I really wish Dedede's u-tilt had a larger hitbox. Could really make things easier for platform pressure instead of having to SH U-air or u-smash >_>

Dedede's movement is my main gripe at the moment. It's almost shield-art levels of bad.
You don't know!!! Stop speculating!!!
My bro went on the ledge and d-air'd Falcon while Falcon was recovering

D-air blows ass tho so whatever
I was reminded today how good shulk is. ;~;
What happened :s ?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
So carefully utilize gordos then? Alrighty. I really wish Dedede's u-tilt had a larger hitbox. Could really make things easier for platform pressure instead of having to SH U-air or u-smash >_>

Dedede's movement is my main gripe at the moment. It's almost shield-art levels of bad.
idk what it adds up to for other stages, but his utilt can hit battlefield platforms...though with that said, I recall some Dedede mains saying they hated platform stages and thought Battlefield was his worst stage because he doesn't have good platform pressuring tools and they add nothing to his combo game.

I'd be okay with his movement if he had Waddle Dees still, or really anything to keep him from being camped so hard. Though it is worth noting that he has a decent walk speed for a heavy, so walking and powershielding is more viable for him than Bowser/Ganon/Ike/Wario.

Just gotta play patient with him, mainly. I didn't do that well so I'm willing to believe he's better than I give him credit for (imo easy bottom 5 character), just need to see people put in the work and make a case for him in some relevant MUs.

Last edited:

Soul.

I don't have O-Powers. How can you even get them?

Top Bottom