• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Alright, I'll go back to messing around with D3. B-air and U-air are rly good, that's all I'll say

When do you use...
> F-smash (Insanely slow start up, like wow)
> D-air
> Dash attack
> Inhale
> Jet hammer (I think I should never use this)
Rarely
Never
Only for hard reads
Semi-frequently
Never ever ever never

Uh well. Ike hits hard, his frame data sucks but it's not Shulk/DDD levels of atrocious. . He has every single trait of combo meat: Being a humanoid and being a heavyweight. Like Shulk, except he's much heavier so I can shrug it off. His disadvantaged state ain't good at all (like Shulk's but Shulk can switch to an art to fix the issues). He's also easy to juggle and he can't do much about that unlike Shulk who can simply switch to speed or jump to shift away easily or shield to reduce the hitsun received. Uh, what else?. Hi shield safety. Um. I'm darn sure f-air is. It even has a nice auto cancel iirc. Maybe n-air too. B-air is nuts. U-air is also pretty good. Counter is still meh. Straight forward. He isn't mobile at all. I guess the selling point for Ike is that he isn't that hard to use and his disjoint+KO power+damge is insane. Disjoint makes up for bad frame data, I guess. He feels slow.

He's ayt. He isn't bad

So, who else?

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Uh well. Ike hits hard, his frame data sucks but it's not Shulk/DDD levels of atrocious. . He has every single trait of combo meat: Being a humanoid and being a heavyweight. Like Shulk, except he's much heavier so I can shrug it off. His disadvantaged state ain't good at all (like Shulk's but Shulk can switch to an art to fix the issues). He's also easy to juggle and he can't do much about that unlike Shulk who can simply switch to speed or jump to shift away easily or shield to reduce the hitsun received. Uh, what else?. Hi shield safety. Um. I'm darn sure f-air is. It even has a nice auto cancel iirc. Maybe n-air too. B-air is nuts. U-air is also pretty good. Counter is still meh. Straight forward. He isn't mobile at all. I guess the selling point for Ike is that he isn't that hard to use and his disjoint+KO power+damge is insane. Disjoint makes up for bad frame data, I guess. He feels slow.

He's ayt. He isn't bad
I use :4myfriends: after I cycle through my mains and secondaries. I don't play him seriously.

But yeah, he's combo food if he doesn't connect hits. :4fox:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
:4myfriends: scrub menatlity:
"Prepare urself!" (alternative: grunts with sword)
HIYAH! HOYAA! AETHER! HWA! *sensless sword swinging intensifies*
[charges Fsmash]
[spams side B]
[consecutively ****s up recovery]

Ike's response to being combo'd, and edgeguarded are like, my main issues. This is why I'm like, "Whoa. He's bad when he doesn't have the upper hand." I mean, I should be used to this with Shulk but I can switch to jump to GTFO for my life or shield to reduce the damage taken (it doesn't change the fact that his disadvantaged state is pretty bad though)

He isn't bad or anywhere near that. He's alright. Plus, my brother uses Ike well and plays him properly (he's patient, he has more of a "counter-reactive" playstyle and he makes good reads)

So yea. noodLes

Last edited:

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
:4myfriends: scrub menatlity:
"Prepare urself!" (alternative: grunts with sword)
HIYAH! HOYAA! AETHER! HWA! *sensless sword swinging intensifies*
[charges Fsmash]
[spams side B]
[consecutively ****s up recovery]
Still makes me fangirl

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Random comments because its slow today! :4charizard:

And then there's :4wario2: for when you want to end a :4zelda: prodigy's career.
[insert berserker. joke]

I have not met any good :4drmario:s on Scrub Glory. I guess either they bombed the MCAT or their licenses were revoked for malpractice.

Good :4littlemac:s are the bane of cocky players. It's nice to see people get hit with the K.O. punch.

:4falcon: 2 vs. 2 are Sakurai's gift to FG.

:4mewtwo:'s recent introduction into the Scrub Glory community has brought up my win rate exponentially. :4fox::4falcon::4wario2::4luigi:

Lol Falcondorf. :4falcon:

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

His disadvantage is really really bad. He has pretty much nothing to get out of combos and he's extremely gimpable.
Really really bad. Yeah. I agree.

As long as your spacing is a bit on-point, he's not bad. I guess *scratches head*

7/10 -ign character rating or something, too much friends

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Really really bad. Yeah. I agree.

As long as your spacing is a bit on-point, he's not bad. I guess *scratches head*

7/10 -ign character rating or something, too much friends
His advantage is actually pretty good though. Once you get stage control you can obliterate a lot of characters.

But please don't let me ever fight a Megaman.......

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
@ Berserker. Berserker. I am definitely not a Dedede pro but I've heard Dash attack can be rather effective for hogging the edge space when your enemy is trying to recover.
I've seen it in action too, he tumbles on the edge and Idunno it just lingers like hnng.
I don't know the rest of his set but I know that he's all about on point spacing.

His advantage is actually pretty good though. Once you get stage control you can obliterate a lot of characters.

But please don't let me ever fight a Megaman.......
Well, yep. That's also a thing. So yeah.

So other than Ike, who else should I try out and rant about? I'll try to make jokes this time. Hopefully

Last edited:

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
@ Berserker. Berserker. I am definitely not a Dedede pro but I've heard Dash attack can be rather effective for hogging the edge space when your enemy is trying to recover.
I've seen it in action too, he tumbles on the edge and Idunno it just lingers like hnng.
I don't know the rest of his set but I know that he's all about on point spacing.
Yep, you have to use Gordos to space as well.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Alright, I'll go back to messing around with D3. B-air and U-air are rly good, that's all I'll say

When do you use...
> F-smash (Insanely slow start up, like wow)
> D-air
> Dash attack
> Inhale
> Jet hammer (I think I should never use this)
Fsmash: Can kind of work as an edgeguard option. Vertically bounced Gordo+fsmash covers a lot of space, and I believe fsmash is safe on shield because of the range and ungodly shieldstun+push. It's pretty bad overall though.

Dair: Also pretty bad, but fortunately it's a really strong spike. Protip, since Dedede swings the hammer behind him for it you get more frontal range by having your back to your target (it's possible to spike people going for the ledge from onstage with it...though the landing lag if that misses is so bad they can actually punish with ledge attack.)

Dash Attack: Punishes and reads. If anyone ever recovers onstage and you can get to them in time, dash attack is taking their life at 70%

Inhale: It's...pretty bleh, but it is a command grab so you can beat shields landing on them with it and can B-reverse it to mix up said landings. Sometimes it can beat spin dash too but unlike Kirby/Wario Dedede tends to get hit by it before actually sucking up Sonic.

Jet Hammer: I think Din's Fire and Sing are both better moves than this.

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Hey @ Berserker. Berserker. tell your brother @ berserker00 berserker00 that I would like to see some of his Ike play. There aren't many videos to watch on YouTube.

Also, I would like to fight his Ike, but he thinks playing online is "Booty (and not in the bootylicious way)"

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
You need help with making Butter knife fighter viable? Ayt
S-Stupid! I needed reasons for not using Swordfighter so I don't waste time on trying to learn another bad character that I would main! Now I know more information about it and want to learn more to make it better! >=(

But thank you for the information.

I took notes.

I still love hate you.

Hey @ Berserker. Berserker. tell your brother @ berserker00 berserker00 that I would like to see some of his Ike play. There aren't many videos to watch on YouTube.

Also, I would like to fight his Ike, but he thinks playing online is "Booty (and not in the bootylicious way)"
He doesn't like playing online either but he handles it better than I do. Still doesn't change his (really) negative opinion on wifi though

If you want YouTube videos, I can show you good Ikes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKujI0urZro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mL5xqF2hro
S-Stupid! I needed reasons for not using Swordfighter so I don't waste time on trying to learn another bad character that I would main! Now I know more information about it and want to learn more to make it better! >=(

But thank you for the information.

I took notes.

I still love hate you.
Oh you wanted reasons NOT to use him?

Simple~

He's basically a worse Link without projectiles

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
He doesn't like playing online either but he handles it better than I do. Still doesn't change his (really) negative opinion on wifi though

If you want YouTube videos, I can show you good Ikes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKujI0urZro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mL5xqF2hro

Simple~

Yeah, I've seen those. Ryo is the best Ike I've seen. Also lol upsmash goes under the stage lol

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084

Simple~

Not convincing enough because based Zelderly is the ultimate Mii bae. Also, I already use a worse Rosalina but that didn't stop me from maining Zelda. Try harder Baka-chan. >=(

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
I needed reasons for not using Swordfighter
His frame data is atrocious. Just no. You're better off with Lucina a worse Marth, than Sworfighter. Most of his a moves are meh at best. Any sane person who pays attention to the competitive viability of characters will understand that the Mii swordfighter is the worst character to use competitively.

Edit: The only reason you should use Swordfighter is that you've accidentally somehow chose him on the character screen. Swordfigher's only redeeming quality is that his costumes are top tier.

Last edited:

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
I started trying out different play styles recently and although it's not really my preferred style, we should probably play a more camp based Zelda (I like to kick people in the face more :awesome:). We have the means to control the speed of pretty much any match. Phantom Slash can out-range most attacks in the game. For example, uncharged phantom out-ranges all sword characters with the exception of a few of Shulk's moves. With a slight charge it even beats Shulk's range... just think about that for a second. We have the means to escape pressure by simply warping away, can force approaches with Din's Fire, reflect projectiles, and we even have a kill on demand at low percents. Should we become Rosalina 2.0 Gorls?

Not convincing enough because based Zelderly is the ultimate Mii bae. Also, I already use a worse Rosalina but that didn't stop me from maining Zelda. Try harder Baka-chan. >=(
She's a Mii. No back story whatsoever. She doesn't mean anything to you in actuality :^)

I also played as Larry but I stopped for maybe after 5 minutes because he's a bad character. Like, when I found out Jr got in and Toad didn't get in. I was actually salty. I went to the Jr. support thread and was like, "Gratz guys now you better hope your character is good." Truth is I hoped Jr was bad in this game and I got my wish~ Jr. sucked.

Anyway, uh. He sucks. It was good early Christmas gift for me. Lel
Fsmash: Can kind of work as an edgeguard option. Vertically bounced Gordo+fsmash covers a lot of space, and I believe fsmash is safe on shield because of the range and ungodly shieldstun+push. It's pretty bad overall though.

Dair: Also pretty bad, but fortunately it's a really strong spike. Protip, since Dedede swings the hammer behind him for it you get more frontal range by having your back to your target (it's possible to spike people going for the ledge from onstage with it...though the landing lag if that misses is so bad they can actually punish with ledge attack.)

Dash Attack: Punishes and reads. If anyone ever recovers onstage and you can get to them in time, dash attack is taking their life at 70%

Inhale: It's...pretty bleh, but it is a command grab so you can beat shields landing on them with it and can B-reverse it to mix up said landings. Sometimes it can beat spin dash too but unlike Kirby/Wario Dedede tends to get hit by it before actually sucking up Sonic.

Jet Hammer: I think Din's Fire and Sing are both better moves than this.
Oh yeah. I noticed the insane power of dash attack.

But basically, all the moves I listed come off as lackluster or are mostly situational? Alright

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
His frame data is atrocious. Just no. You're better off with Lucina a worse Marth, than Sworfighter. Most of his a moves are meh at best. Any sane person who pays attention to the competitive viability of characters will understand that the Mii swordfighter is the worst character to use competitively.
Lucina is a mop why would I use her?

Plus, Mii Sword is not the least viable character competitively. It's Zelda. :^)

She's a Mii. No back story whatsoever. She doesn't mean anything to you in actuality :^)
But Zelderly reminds me of the gorls here who believe that the black and white Zelda palette is the best palette (which is very wrong), and I use Zelderly to make fun of them. It reminds me of all the gorls here, which gives me strength.

How could you say she has no backstory!? ; w ;

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
Idunnooo

Mii gets fabulous Rainbow Slash
Loosina gets Fsmash

I'm joking just so you know :p
I've been using Lucina lately, I change my tag to "Fsmash2WinIt" when I play her

berserker00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Berserker10
3DS FC
1220-7875-3865
Switch FC
6493 3764 6404

Online, I tend to win with Ike all the time but the lag just doesn't make me look as good as I wish in the replays. Funny thing also is although Ike is like my 3rd/4th main, he's the only one I haven't ever lost a set with though (Online, Casual and Tournament :yeahboi:) but I don't really get to use him as much as I use my first 3 mains though :awesome:

I messaged my local TO about some footage of my only tournament set where I used Ike though and I'll see if I can get my hands on it :)
(In all honesty though, I feel I underrate him when I compare all my mains together)

Plus, Mii Sword is not the least viable character competitively. It's Zelda. :^)
Well um. Actually, Swordfighter's rly bad. He's worse than Zelda sis.

Like, he's really atrocious. Like beyond bottom tier bad
But Zelderly reminds me of the gorls here who believe that the black and white Zelda palette is the best palette (which is very wrong), and I use Zelderly to make fun of them. It reminds me of all the gorls here, which gives me strength.

How could you say she has no backstory!? ; w ;
She's a Mii :smirk:

Miis are artificially created by people. They don't got back stories therefore they are not interesting since they lack an interesting origin. Why do you think no one mains them ey? :denzel:
Online, I tend to win with Ike all the time but the lag just doesn't make me look as good as I wish in the replays. Funny thing also is although Ike is like my 3rd/4th main, he's the only one I haven't ever lost a set with though (Online, Casual and Tournament :yeahboi:) but I don't really get to use him as much as I use my first 3 mains though :awesome:

I messaged my local TO about some footage of my only tournament set where I used Ike though and I'll see if I can get my hands on it :)
(In all honesty though, I feel I underrate him when I compare all my mains together)
If it helps, you beat my Robin who was my second main at that point when we fought. Then again, my Robin is garbage so.

Last edited:

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
But she's a useful mop. It's way better than Swordfighter.

Yeah well... Swordfighter is as bad as Zelda. I can rant all day about how bad the character is. The one good thing I can say about Swordfighter is the tiny version is mid tier.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Mii Sword's frame data is generally better than Marcina's I'm pretty sure. Maybe not necessarily on startups, but he has link's old jab and utilt/usmash/dtilt are all low endlag. Hero's Spin is also I think a frame 8 kill move usable off jab1 or OoS.

Uair and dair are also pretty good moves tbh

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572

I've noticed that Ike highly benefits from online input lag. I tend to use him over my other characters because:
1. I can't Sonic online
2. LolZelda

I would like to see that Ike play, or if you find any gems on YouTube.

Mii Sword's frame data is generally better than Marcina's I'm pretty sure. Maybe not necessarily on startups, but he has link's old jab and utilt/usmash/dtilt are all low endlag. Hero's Spin is also I think a frame 8 kill move usable off jab1 or OoS.

Uair and dair are also pretty good moves tbh
Well, you got a point about BKF having Link's old jab and u-tilt/u-smash/d-tilt having low endlag. Start ups though are pretty bad but I may have overreacted a bit on the frame data

Still pretty bad tho :drsad:

I will use Swordfighter again BUT I'll make a new Mii first. Suggestions?

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Well um. Actually, Swordfighter's rly bad. He's worse than Zelda sis.

Like, he's really atrocious. Like beyond bottom tier bad

She's a Mii :smirk:

Miis are artificially created by people. They don't got back stories therefore they are not interesting since they lack an interesting origin. Why do you think no one mains them ey? :denzel:
I guess all our memories together here as gorls of the Zelda social mean nothing to you, baka. ; w ;

But she's a useful mop. It's way better than Swordfighter.

Yeah well... Swordfighter is as bad as Zelda. I can rant all day about how bad the character is. The one good thing I can say about Swordfighter is the tiny version is mid tier.
Make no mistake, :4miisword:is indeed bad. But lately, I've been finding her to be incredibly fun to use, and it just is bad that I might consider playing two bad characters.

And I don't think :4lucina:is THAT much better than Swordfighter either. :////

Top Bottom