• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Soul.

Have D3 mains tried out ff uair to dtilt or dsmash? Wonder if it's possible.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Have D3 mains tried out ff uair to dtilt or dsmash? Wonder if it's possible.
waaaaay too much landing lag

ff uair>grab "chaingrabs" have a cult following but it's so bad with Dedede, some characters can literally dsmash/usmash him before the grab comes out

Did U-tilt > FF f-air > U-tillt > U-air which true combos and deals 28% damage with Fox.

Fox's f-air is weird.

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
waaaaay too much landing lag

ff uair>grab "chaingrabs" have a cult following but it's so bad with Dedede, some characters can literally dsmash/usmash him before the grab comes out
I actually fought against a Sheik that tried to do this to me when I played DK.
Didn't go well for him since I just Up B to escape out of it every time.

Alright, I'll go back to messing around with D3. B-air and U-air are rly good, that's all I'll say

When do you use...
> F-smash (Insanely slow start up, like wow)
> D-air
> Dash attack
> Inhale
> Jet hammer (I think I should never use this)

I'm gonna have a bet with that lemon nut.

If I don't switch for 2 weeks, I pick his avatar which will last for 2 weeks :smirk:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Alright, I'll go back to messing around with D3. B-air and U-air are rly good, that's all I'll say

When do you use...
These are just my opinions from a scrub :4dedede: who doesn't use jab enough.
Ledge getup reads basically. It mashes shields, though not generally enough to break them (but it can). The endlag isn't too bad and the shockwave makes it semi-safe on shield if the target can't get close enough before a DTilt.
Hard reads for a meteor. It also doesn't have the meteor angle on a grounded opponent, so you could use it to kill though there are better options since it has a weak sourspot (for some reason).
> Dash attack
This is functionally your FSmash. It hits people on the ledge. Also does extra shield damage, eats rolls for breakfast.
I'll sometimes use this in neutral since it's got much more range than Kirby's. Kind of creates a techchase. Actually not a bad move IMO.
You're pretty much right. HOWEVER. I guess you can consider it as an aerial FSmash and is his equivalent of Ganon's Warlock Punch if you get a shield break.

Alright, thanks @ Kofu Kofu :)

OH @SBphiloz4, I'll get to you with BKF's specials in a jiffy.

Edit: Feels weird but Dedede's survivability >>>> Bowser's survivability

Then again, Dedede's recovery is good sooo.... Yeah

Edit 2: Hitting with a reverse f-tilt only works on heavies/fat hurtboxes with BKF

Last edited:

Paper Maribro

Smash Ace
So myself and a couple of friends were playing janky equipment matches and my friend decided to go random, amazingly he got an incredibly slippery weegee, I then made some custom Luigi's with three pieces of skater equipment and the rest is history.

Honestly recommend it to everyone, way too much fun.

D

Deleted member

When do you use...
> D-air
> Dash attack
> Inhale
Dash attack is good for reads because it hits stupid hard and because of the fact that the momentum causes Dedede to have some horizontal coverage before the hitbox itself comes out.

F-smash is for an idiotic Fox or Falco player that tries to S-B back to the stage above the ledge.

D-tilt is your friend.

Obligatory @shrooby too.

:4dedede:

Last edited by a moderator:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
When you're trying to land Din's Fire, but lol Din's Fire

I don't get it. He's fun to use ?

Please elaborate.
Well for me at least, he has a nice disjoint and bad frame data

Two of these traits are something that I'm already accustomed to and used to because I main Shulk, so getting used to this was fairly easy. Being able to survive at 170%+ on a regular basis (200%+ is not that much of a rarity) feels amazing. His damage output is nuts imo if you use him right (jab 1 > jab 2 > grab/d-tilt/d-smash).

The critical flaw with Dedede though is that his mobility is dog-**** and his neutral is non-existent. In a game like Smash 4 which is mostly heavy on the neutral, that's a huge minus.

Despite those massive issues, I still have fun with him anyway. For as long as I'm not against Villager or ****ing Mega Man.

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Anyone wanna play on 3ds

Preferebly with customs to practice with them a bit

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Well for me at least, he has a nice disjoint and bad frame data

Two of these traits are something that I'm already accustomed to and used to because I main Shulk, so getting used to this was fairly easy. Being able to survive at 170%+ on a regular basis (200%+ is not that much of a rarity) feels amazing. His damage output is nuts imo if you use him right (jab 1 > jab 2 > grab/d-tilt/d-smash).

The critical flaw with Dedede though is that his mobility is dog-**** and his neutral is non-existent. In a game like Smash 4 which is mostly heavy on the neutral, that's a huge minus.

Despite those massive issues, I still have fun with him anyway. For as long as I'm not against Villager or ****ing Mega Man.
Ah, thanks for clarifying.

Yeah, he can survive for a really long time.

One of the things I really like about him is he can dish out a lot of damage and his hitboxes are huge.

I also found Gordos to be a great tool for spacing. Especially, Bouncing Gordo.

I really like some of his customs. Armored Jet Hammer is really fun to use because of the superarmour.

I use Taste Test offstage for characters that have a linear recovery. They just fall to their death.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Can't handle the Chumbawamba....

Last edited:
Alright, I'm bored. Anyone wanna tell me to use someone so I can rant about them or something?

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Afternoon girls. How's everyone doing today? :4zelda:

I've just did some cleaning around my room, and I decided to take some Amiibos I got for a spin on Smash.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Evening ~

I have been sick this whole day. I hate being sick.

I've also been playing Xenoblade Chronicle X on my friends Wii U. It's really good.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Neutral B is probably one the best edge guarding tools in the game btw.

Top Bottom