• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Mii Sword's frame data is generally better than Marcina's I'm pretty sure. Maybe not necessarily on startups, but he has link's old jab and utilt/usmash/dtilt are all low endlag. Hero's Spin is also I think a frame 8 kill move usable off jab1 or OoS.

Uair and dair are also pretty good moves tbh
You're right, his frame data is mostly better than Lucina's. One factor is the size of the mii you're using. I also agree that his uair and dair are good moves.

I guess all our memories together here as gorls of the Zelda social mean nothing to you, baka. ; w ;
Miis mean nothing to moi but the memories stay inside my head. So yeah :^D

Anyway, suggestions for a Mii?

Last edited:

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
I will use Swordfighter again BUT I'll make a new Mii first. Suggestions?
Make the tiny version. It's the best one.

Make no mistake, :4miisword:is indeed bad. But lately, I've been finding her to be incredibly fun to use, and it just is bad that I might consider playing two bad characters.

And I don't think :4lucina:is THAT much better than Swordfighter either. :////
I'll say the same thing I've said to @Macchiato, use the characters you like to use. I also enjoy using him, he was my secondary on 3DS. I even used him in a tourney once.

Yeah, I might of overreacted on the Lucina thing, she's bad as well.

I'll make it standard sized so that I'm still playing as the crappy/usual version of Swordfighter.

berserker00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Berserker10
3DS FC
1220-7875-3865
Switch FC
6493 3764 6404
I've noticed that Ike highly benefits from online input lag. I tend to use him over my other characters because:
1. I can't Sonic online
2. LolZelda

I would like to see that Ike play, or if you find any gems on YouTube.
I have my first ever FG match in almost half a year on replay and it was my Ike going against a Sheik :yeahboi:

I was thinking to myself since I play a defensive counterattacking Ike:
"How do I punish this Japanese Sheik?"

It took me almost my entire first stock to get used to the terrible input lag given to me by my 2-3 mbps connection then I studied his bouncing fish habits on me and I saw it as him saying

Counterattacking Bouncing Fish with U-Smash and F-Smash is beautiful. Got rid of her two other stocks lol

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Other than Ryo, I forgot the rest. So yeah.

I'll try out Larry next
Ryo, San, Ryuga, and Blitz. Of the 4, I've only seen Ryo, San, and Ryuga's. Of the 4, I think San dumped Ike for Mii Gunner, Ryo looks like he might main Palutena instead, I don't know how active Ryuga is, and I never seen Blitz play, so I don't know. @ san. san. , help with notable Ike mains please.

Last edited:

berserker00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Berserker10
3DS FC
1220-7875-3865
Switch FC
6493 3764 6404
Oh gawd. Those kids were toxic in GTA online

Let's ask @ berserker00 berserker00 for his experience with kiddies online
http://www.gta-stats.com/player/stats/berserker132075/

Much heavy emphasis on 3.61 KDR (Was once 3.86 when I used to play everyday) with more than 5,000 player kills OLOLOLOL

Lemme narrate one of my experiences with GTA V online kids...

One boring day, I play GTA V online and see two people holding up the store near my apartment and kill them 25 times each without dying (Yes it happened) and they told me they wanted to be friends and added me. I briefly became their bodyguards, killing other noisy, foreign language-speaking kids on mic repeatedly till I started killing them again too when I got bored

I used to troll people online and kill them repeatedly with my trusty Carbine Rifle (Though I'd also use Assault Shotgun and Heavy Sniper but situational). Would even leave sticky bombs on their cars while they're shopping, take off and look at the map and wait for them to start suddenly moving fast on the map then BOOM

Would this make me lose money? Nope. I used to spend all my money on ammo till I had zero dollars so I could destroy insured cars again and again without losing money. Only now with the heists update did I change :yeahboi:

Some of the players I'd troll would come back to me with tanks then I'd lure them to a narrow place in which I already left 5 sticky bombs planted in then bop bop bop bop bop

Friends play with me and like to think of me as the true online version of

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
But Zelderly reminds me of the gorls here who believe that the black and white Zelda palette is the best palette (which is very wrong), and I use Zelderly to make fun of them. It reminds me of all the gorls here, which gives me strength.
Did you think I wouldn't notice?

Enjoy your ban :secretkpop:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Ryo, San, Ryuga, and Blitz. Of the 4, I've only seen Ryo, San, and Ryuga's. Of the 4, I think San dumped Ike for Mii Gunner, Ryo looks like he might main Palutena instead, I don't know how active Ryuga is, and I never seen Blitz play, so I don't know. @ san. san. , help with notable Ike mains please.
Really? I thought Gunner was more of his secondary.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Gunner is just a secondary. Anyways, I have zero Zelda XP.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
I'm gonna have a bet with that lemon nut.

If I don't switch for 2 weeks, I pick his avatar which will last for 2 weeks :smirk:
Month of a single avatar vs exclusive Shulk?
Or
2 weeks of a single avatar vs you choose my avatar for 2 weeks?

Also, I got told yesterday that I needed to pellet more. :( [and it was true]

Faced my first skilled zero skill spamus. Why is NAir>flip kick spike a thing?

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I see Ryo post random stuff on facebook. Ryuga chats a lot in one of those Skype chats, then there are Blitz and Waldo who can also be contacted through Skype. They're all kind of active.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Attack equips + Extreme Buster = Shulk shieldbreaking everything in one hit

I think I have my new character for classic runs

I'll have to try pause buffering for easy Extreme Smash Power Visions too :smirk:

Why is NAir>flip kick spike a thing?
brb picking up zero suit

Month of a single avatar vs exclusive Shulk?
Or
2 weeks of a single avatar vs you choose my avatar for 2 weeks?
If I win the bet, I pick your avatar and you keep it like that for 2 weeks

If I lose the bet, I'll main Mega Man for 2 weeks (but I'll still post in the Shulk boards for obvious reasons)
brb picking up zero suit
sell out :>

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
brb picking up zero suit
Yeah, I knew the character was good and knew classic flowchart, but conversions off of nair like usmash at low % (to juggles) or flip jump killing at 60 is just... Why? I can see Fox's kill setup design as NAir is unsafe leading to usmash, but zss makes me pause. Flip jump kick is just so strong.
If I win the bet, I pick your avatar and you keep it like that for 2 weeks

If I lose the bet, I'll main Mega Man for 2 weeks (but I'll still post in the Shulk boards for obvious reasons)
Done.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
It doesn't look like I missed much in the last 12 hours.

That's actually a good thing since I was finally able to catch up on sleep and not fall behind on all the new pages that get posted faster than :4sonic:can run.

Feels nice being fully awake for most of the day instead of only in the evening.
Did you think I wouldn't notice?

Enjoy your ban :secretkpop:
I better not post my favorite color unless I want to suffer a terrible fate.

Even though everyone can probably guess which one it is...
I'm so glad nobody actually plays Toon Link.

Holy mother of god.

Don't say this aloud. I remember typing this in the Brawl days, and 20 posts later I got called a racial epithet. >____>
It seems like everyone is out to get you.

Not too surprising.

You probably got a huge bounty on your head (:samusmelee: prepare yourself) for being in the mafia and everyone wants a piece of the reward for your capture or death.
Or they could just remove Zelda's up smash. :secretkpop:
And replace it with :4mewtwo:'s.

Mid tier here we come.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I've learned from my mistake from that anti-sell out @AEM when it comes to avatar betting, I won't fail this time :smirk:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Yeah, I knew the character was good and knew classic flowchart, but conversions off of nair like usmash at low % (to juggles) or flip jump killing at 60 is just... Why? I can see Fox's kill setup design as NAir is unsafe leading to usmash, but zss makes me pause. Flip jump kick is just so strong.

Done.
Her nair is one of my favorite moves in the game, the possibilities off it are endless and it's even safe on shield. I always went for fair/bair/Boost Kick though, I never even considered Flip Jump.

I don't think I'd ever be able to seriously play ZSS though, her grab makes me so mad, Boost Kick consistently throws people out the top before the final hit once she has ~100% rage, and if she can't get a Boost Kick killing is rough.

Although I could have made Locke play Shulk exclusively, I got some "nifty" pictures in Pixiv that aren't even borderline improper but is maybe Edea-Rydia levels of lawl. So I was like, "Hmmmmm.."

Gonna go off soon so yeah.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Don't worry my :4zss:is easily the most fraudulent, I don't even go for kills, I always try to style to get a KO with dem Dsmash followups, which makes me end up losing to scrubby Mac players on For Glory lmao.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Her nair is one of my favorite moves in the game, the possibilities off it are endless and it's even safe on shield. I always went for fair/bair/Boost Kick though, I never even considered Flip Jump.

I don't think I'd ever be able to seriously play ZSS though, her grab makes me so mad, Boost Kick consistently throws people out the top before the final hit once she has ~100% rage, and if she can't get a Boost Kick killing is rough.
ZAir at high %'s puts you in an advantageous position leading to traps leading to flip jump.

Also, her recovery is too good. Even if you whiff/miss the flip jump edge guard... Tether recovery>you're back on stage.

Oh, and her back air doesn't have a sourspot like normal samus.

Last edited:
her grab makes me so mad
This is basically what summed up my experience with ZSS. I can't stand her grab at all.

Well that, and her neutral is severely lacking. HM pointed this out pages back when he had that ZSS avatar (during the Shaq-pocolypse)

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Then we should call her Dolphin Zelda
New down B: Dolphin Slash

Summons a dolphin that charges forward and slashes with it's tail.

No charging required, low end lag, start up is as fast as :4marth:'s upB, can't be reflected, does 2X the damage as bouncing fish and hits as hard as Flare Blitz with no recoil damage.

Attribute changes:

Run speed increased to match a dolphins swim speed and jump height and air speed increased to match a dolphins jump.

Is immune to drowning in water and can swim as fast as :4yoshi:can run.

Why aren't I on the move set design team?

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Are any of the Ikes going to Evo?
None that I know of. We are mostly centralized in the east. There may be a few from the west that may be going. I have some business I need to take care of over the next few months before I could think of traveling very far.

I'm not too great on wifi, just end up doing the same thing over and over. Not as good as I'd like offline since I don't play people enough, either =). Just can't muster up the same determination I had from Brawl.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
This is basically what summed up my experience with ZSS. I can't stand her grab at all.

Well that, and her neutral is severely lacking. HM pointed this out pages back when he had that ZSS avatar (during the Shaq-pocolypse)
I don't think it's that bad. She has the mobility to dance and space NAir and BAirs as well as SH-AD uair as an approach. HM compared it to Samus, but Samus doesn't have NAir or the mobility+range on her attacks.

I need to play against/with her more to figure out her range and animations so I can react better... But her neutral is at least top half of the cast while her advantage and disadvantage is lol.

IMO I guess

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
None that I know of. We are mostly centralized in the east. There may be a few from the west that may be going. I have some business I need to take care of over the next few months before I could think of traveling very far.

I'm not too great on wifi, just end up doing the same thing over and over. Not as good as I'd like offline since I don't play people enough, either =). Just can't muster up the same determination I had from Brawl.
Hopefully we'll see some more interesting stuff at EVO. Maybe some more Zeldas, Ikes and Lucinas. :3
But knowing our luck, M2K, ZeRo and maybe Ally will be in Top 8. :c

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117

I realized her lacking neutral when i played good sheiks using her. Without using Z-air properly to help even things out as well as being smart about grab and paralyzer, Sheik will crush ZSS in the neutral badly. Albeit, shes only a secondary f or me, for real ZSS mains who know her better they say that the MU is even.

Hopefully we'll see some more interesting stuff at EVO. Maybe some more Zeldas, Ikes and Lucinas. :3
But knowing our luck, M2K, ZeRo and maybe Ally will be in Top 8. :c
If we see Ikes there, we better freaking have Shulks. : P I mean, hes basically a more versatile Ike anyway.

I hear Zeros still using Diddy anyway and kicking *** with him despite the nerfs. So much for t hat. : \

Last edited:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Eraqus is from Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep; he's the mentor of Terra and Aqua and later Ven when Master Xehanort dumps Ven on Eraqus.

Anyway, can someone edit Zelda's or whoever's face onto here like Kirby's splat face could replace the Angry Bird?

And here. Maybe Rosalina's cause dude's carrying some beer.

Something with Ness.

Meh.

Zelda's mating dance. :p
The second to last gif looks an awful lot like Megaman on For Glory, strangely. :p

Top Bottom