• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I might actually do that lmao because I still haven't won against a decent opponent using Zelderly yet.

You convinced me better than what @berserker. or @Trieste SP have done, at least.
She will definitely not be a secondary, will probably have her as a surprise pocket though. :happysheep:
might as well drop some tips:
Walk more often like base Sworfighter has the 9th best walk and i'm sure EVO swordfighter is even faster
walking gives you acces to d-tilt/up-tilt/F-mash
Theres no point in down throwing when the opponent is by the ledge. Swordfighter's aerial mobility is that bad

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
A not as lewd site as something like Danbooru which has NSFW art. Safebooru has alot of SFW art. :V
Great. Binge time once again.

Don't worry.

I have standards.

No NSFW for me.

I'd rather make that stuff myself.

I don't have any problem with skin though...

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
I started trying out different play styles recently and although it's not really my preferred style, we should probably play a more camp based Zelda (I like to kick people in the face more :awesome:). We have the means to control the speed of pretty much any match. Phantom Slash can out-range most attacks in the game. For example, uncharged phantom out-ranges all sword characters with the exception of a few of Shulk's moves. With a slight charge it even beats Shulk's range... just think about that for a second. We have the means to escape pressure by simply warping away, can force approaches with Din's Fire, reflect projectiles, and we even have a kill on demand at low percents. Should we become Rosalina 2.0 Gorls?
Why did everyone ignore this post o.o ?

Is it like a joke or something? Idunno but I meant to reply to it sooner I just got really busy earlier but this is a good idea I mean Zelda is supposed to be played like that, "Rushdown Turtle" has never really been a truly viable character concept except Exdeath in Dissidia/Duodecim where he was actually the most broken character in the game.

Anyways, just wanted to dig this up cuz I noticed it and it seemed to make some good points.

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533

Is it like a joke or something? Idunno but I meant to reply to it sooner I just got really busy earlier but this is a good idea I mean Zelda is supposed to be played like that, "Rushdown Turtle" has never really been a truly viable character concept except Exdeath in Dissidia/Duodecim where he was actually the most broken character in the game.

Anyways, just wanted to dig this up cuz I noticed it and it seemed to make some good points.
Well

I thought Zelda was SUPPOSED to play turtle or kinda campy

do people play her aggressively and offensively that much?

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Well

I thought Zelda was SUPPOSED to play turtle or kinda campy

do people play her aggressively and offensively that much?
I actually do play Zelda kind of aggressively. I should play her more defensively instead.

Also, I saw Episode 5 of Yuki-chan Nagato. Was nice, hopefully it'll get better from later episodes. =w=

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Alot of characters play defensive and campy, very few can go aggro and not get blown away.

You get more out of being patient.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Gorls, I screwed up.

I haven't gone to Wendy's in years so I decided to eat there for lunch today, and I didn't remember what I used to get/didn't feel like spending much money so I just got a burger and fries off the dollar menu. Then after I got my food it hit me.

I went to Wendy's and didn't order a Baconator.

brb reevaluating my entire life

Theres no point in down throwing when the opponent is by the ledge. Swordfighter's aerial mobility is that bad
Wow, really?

Poor Swordfighter, I thought all Miis had pants-on-head dumb air speed after seeing brawler and gunner.

I mean

I didn't know there were options for playing Zelda that weren't defensive. "Slow character with projectiles and powerful defensive tools/punishes in Nayru's and Farore's" doesn't exactly scream offense to me.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Gorls, I screwed up.

I haven't gone to Wendy's in years so I decided to eat there for lunch today, and I didn't remember what I used to get/didn't feel like spending much money so I just got a burger and fries off the dollar menu. Then after I got my food it hit me.

I went to Wendy's and didn't order a Baconator.

brb reevaluating my entire life

Wow, really?

Poor Swordfighter, I thought all Miis had pants-on-head dumb air speed after seeing brawler and gunner.

I mean

I didn't know there were options for playing Zelda that weren't defensive. "Slow character with projectiles and powerful defensive tools/punishes in Nayru's and Farore's" doesn't exactly scream offense to me.
Swordfighter hilariously has more in common with Little mac than with his fellow Miis

D

Deleted member

Guys, I don't wanna ruin the mood, but today in Biology, I was scrolling through Facebook and I found out that María Elena Velasco (known as La India Maria), passed away today....She was such a great actress...

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
jokes.gif

I was trying to prevent a war cause you know how I am about Zelda. And I would have a lot to say on that subject matter

Last edited:

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Why couldn't smash ladder record our highest ladder rank reached and put it in our profiles? D:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Personally, I feel like some sort of "passive-aggressive" (I hope this is the correct term lol) playstyle for Zelda is for the best. She can't exactly camp very well (to say the least), nor she doesn't have approach options to save her ***, so some sort of compromise between the two where she is always somewhat close to the opponent & always trying to egg her opponent on for them to approach is the way to go.

IMO

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Uggghghfhhfghfg I know I'd be about 100x better if I could break this freaking habit of smashing EVERY time I want to tilt. I played casually for so long and I always thought that tilts were useless and I trained myself to only smash.

Now I'm trying to fight 10 years of muscle memory and it's really making me angry.

I can handle losing to scrubs, I just can't handle losing because I whiffed a Fsmash that I didn't even want to do in the first place!

Gaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I wanna know, how do you gorls record matches and make gifs out of those? Do you have to buy a capture card or something like that or is there another way, 'cause I must admit I'm a little confused.

I would like to immortalize some stuff, lol. :secretkpop:

PS : I use Queen Wendy too, for her luscious lips. :kiss:
That and I can't stand Junior and most of the Koopalings.

Last edited:

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Personally, I feel like some sort of "passive-aggressive" (I hope this is the correct term lol) playstyle for Zelda is for the best. She can't exactly camp very well (to say the least), nor she doesn't have approach options to save her ***, so some sort of compromise between the two where she is always somewhat close to the opponent & always trying to egg her opponent on for them to approach is the way to go.

IMO
I think "counter-offensive" is how I'd best describe my play style with Zelda.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I SD after some Mewtwo SDs because of BS teleport under stage.

You'll get some sympathy from me.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
"Rushdown Turtle"
She was designed to be defensive but her biggest problem since Melee is that she's meant to approach because she can't camp for ****, so you get this kind of weird archetype where if you don't have to approach, you don't, but if you do you basically have to play rushdown zelda.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
I have returned from a binge on Safebooru.

Didn't take me long to go through everything worth going through, but I found some good stuff and that's all that matters.

I didn't go on Danbooru because it ain't worth potentially scarring my mind for the rest of my life.

If any one is brave enough to look for me though, go right ahead.

In other news, I hit 250 likes yesterday but I never got around to saying it.

Thanks to everyone who like(s) my stuff!

:starman: for everyone!

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
No it's just sad because that's all wrong.
Studies have shown that people who use Wendy Koopa in Smash Bros or Mario Kart 8 are actually evil, sassy b****es and scare their parents, and everyone around them for that matter.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

Didn't take me long to go through everything worth going through, but I found some good stuff and that's all that matters.

I didn't go on Danbooru because it ain't worth potentially scarring my mind for the rest of my life.

have another

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070

Danbooru's NSFW stuff is mainly just lewd stuff. Not balls to the wall ridiculous scarring stuff. It's mainly just the usual lewd stuff, like well... "When a man and a woman love each very much" kind of lewd. But there is some weird stuff on there.

But best if stuck with Safebooru if you want SFW stuff. :V

Also, congratulations on hitting 250+ likes. : D

Top Bottom