• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Oh no I forgot that I faced you with my Zelderly... Sorry love. ; w ;

You are a good opponent, won't lie right now. I can't believe I forgot I faced you--
It's ok. Zelda is a character I really need to learn to deal with it. She has a lot of moves that deal with bad habits of mine. For example, Nayru's love. I keep thinking whenever my shield gets hit I get a free frame 1 intangible grab. So I end up getting hit anyway before my grab gets to come out because I'm impatient. :p

Thanks though! <3

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Annnnnnnnd Final Fantasy XV looks like Kingdom Hearts with physics as the combat is slow, but in a way, it reminds me of Final Fantasy X and XII if things were in real time. It also looks like Final Souls: Fantasyborne. Not really exciting, but it might feel like a relaxing combat game as it doesn't seem like the whole, on-edge thing that Demon's/Dark Souls and Bloodborne have or Dragon's Dogma where if night falls, you're screwed early in the game, especially if you've never played or just got to a new area. Oh, and apparently you can have bro-swords time with Gladiolus. Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr2t2Si60Ak.

Meanwhile, DMC4: Special Edition and Vergil: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEZVDqSCznc. @ Berserker. Berserker.

Look, if Impa had to use a "smaller sword", give her a katana and if that's still too long, give her a wakizashi or tanto and let her get inspired from Hyrule Warriors and Vergil from Devil May Cry. The **** Vergil can do now in DMC4: SE is just badass!

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
In the next patch they are going to make it so Zelda only has Dtaunt.

Dtaunt's new properties.
-windbox that shoves all other players into the blast zones at 0%
-puts her in freefall even if she is on the ground
-makes her fall through stages at meteor speeds

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
It's ok. Zelda is a character I really need to learn to deal with it. She has a lot of moves that deal with bad habits of mine. For example, Nayru's love. I keep thinking whenever my shield gets hit I get a free frame 1 intangible grab. So I end up getting hit anyway before my grab gets to come out because I'm impatient. :p

Thanks though! <3
If you want you can punish me however you like to make up for it~ >uO

*shot*

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Okay I'm actually starting to worry SDI labbing might break my circle pad, it's starting to feel loose :x

I should take a break from sm4sh and finish up EOU anyway...

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Okay I'm actually starting to worry SDI labbing might break my circle pad, it's starting to feel loose :x

My smaller 3DS seems to have a looser circle pad but my XL seems to get stiffer.

Either way, I kind of reduced the amount of time I used Smash 3DS because they felt like they were breaking.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
@JMLStarHeart7
14507724.jpg

View attachment 49857
You gonna get waifu'd

Anyway, anyone up for smash?
I'm gonna be sick/10 garbage

looked at my triwing, looked at my 3ds... Eh not going to take apart a 3ds yet. I also have no idea where you would even get a new circle pad

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I was N41R0s (he won't find me) stream awhile ago and someone asked "who's your main?" And he said "ZSS and D. Pit"

Then in the chat I spammed "GORL"

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
My smaller 3DS seems to have a looser circle pad but my XL seems to get stiffer.

Either way, I kind of reduced the amount of time I used Smash 3DS because they felt like they were breaking.
I didn't notice any adverse effects when I started doing perfect pivots and dance trotting, but I guess the wiggling needed to do stuff like the gif in my sig repeatedly might be doing some damage...

Speaking of, today's research:
- Link's aerial Spin Attack can consistently be SDI'd out the bottom before the last hit. Unsure if it applies to Tink's but I have no reason to believe it wouldn't.
- It's possible to SDI out the bottom of Charizard's Fly if you're low in the attack when it starts and are expecting it.
- Boost Kick...has a 0 SDI multiplier :glare:
- Meta Knight's Drill Rush can be SDI'd out of, but inconsistently. Seems to depend on if he curves it at all I think.
- Despite what I remember someone saying on the MK boards awhile back, SDIing the first hit of Shuttle Loop doesn't get you out of the second hit guaranteed.
- Mach Tornado can be SDI'd out the bottom if MK is rising or if near enough to the floor that you can land without your landing animation being hit by the tornado. It's possible to SDI all the way to the top of the tornado from the bottom in a single hit, but the hitstun is too high to escape out the top.
- The Drill item can be escaped as early as the second hit if you SDI toward it. Demonstration.
- The autolinks on Mewtwo's usmash seem a bit too good to be able to escape it but I didn't try very hard.
- Unrelated to SDI, but using a reflector move on Pac-Man's idle hydrant makes it stick around longer before vanishing for some reason. It doesn't fire any extra water shots, it just exists for longer.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Only 10 pages in a day? Come on gorls, you can do better :secretkpop:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I was N41R0s (he won't find me) stream awhile ago and someone asked "who's your main?" And he said "ZSS and D. Pit"

Then in the chat I spammed "GORL"
clever you @Nairo will never find out about this cause you are SO clever at not leaving a trace for him to find

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Ok for real though can we talk about how good Zelda would be if she were just Brawl Zelda ported into this game. I actually think Brawl Zelda was good. Her problem was that that most MU's were lolsendhelp and the mechanics killed her. This game is more balanced and has better mechanics so I wonder how she'd be in it
I actually played Brawl Zelda for one match last week. There were a lot of things that were really good, especially her Usmash (rip), Dtilt (rip), lightning kicks that didnt have an eternity of lag, Dsmash and a Dins Fire with a huuuuge hitbox. Some people here have said that airdodges having more landing lag benefits her in Smash 4, but I can conclude that DEFINITELY not the case. Thanks to the non-existing landing lag of airdodges she could actually land somehow. In Smash 4 her air defense is seriously weak. However, some things that smash 4 did better were also really apparent. Her Up B was seriously ****, the start up lag was horrifying and it's super easy to edgehog/edgeguard. I missed her Smash 4 Dash Attack a lot when playing Brawl. Nayru's Love wasn't impressive either and lastly, Dair was just useless.

They simply shouldn't have given her so many nerfs.

why is anther's ladder so important
that's like saying I got 2500 COIL/ELO/whatever on Showdown for the Aegislash suspect ladder
Why again did you feel the need to piss on his accomplishment?

Soul.

Why again did you feel the need to piss on his accomplishment?
lol
my b thanks mr. authority, I won't do it again!
it's not like I can't talk about the ladder itself instead of an accomplishment.

Last edited:

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Omg.

On smash ladder I just came across a gay Peach player who uses the tag "GAYMER."Two gaymers battling it out with the princesses xD

I took the victory for our Queen, of course :p

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Omg.

On smash ladder I just came across a gay Peach player who uses the tag "GAYMER."Two gaymers battling it out with the princesses xD

I took the victory for our Queen, of course :p
I am sad that you did not use :4falcon:

I AM THE :4zelda: INQUISITOR!!!!111
Now buy my indulgences.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
why is anther's ladder so important
that's like saying I got 2500 COIL/ELO/whatever on Showdown for the Aegislash suspect ladder
When did anybody say it's important lol

I figure that if there's a ladder, might as well try to get to the top of it, especially when most of the players higher in the ladder are legit great.

Also comparing a game where entire matches are decided by pure RNG like Pokémon with a fighting game like Sm4sh (at least competitively) is kinda pointless.

Top Bottom