• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

So apparently there's going to be a surprisingly big tournament here in Brazil about one month from now and the place is around 1 hour away from my home by car.

However it would last for two days which would mean I'd have to stay there for one day to take part, well, unless I get taken out early but I'm gonna approach this with an optimistic vision.

I never really had to spend a night in an unknown place all by myself before, so I'm really conflicted about whether I should try to take part in it or not.
Don't

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
So apparently there's going to be a surprisingly big tournament here in Brazil about one month from now and the place is around 1 hour away from my home by car.

However it would last for two days which would mean I'd have to stay there for one day to take part, well, unless I get taken out early but I'm gonna approach this with an optimistic vision.

I never really had to spend a night in an unknown place all by myself before, so I'm really conflicted about whether I should try to take part in it or not.
Gotta spread your wings some time!

I say go for it.

EDIT: Wait, only 1 hour from your home? If staying there's a problem is there a reason you couldn't just drive back the second day?

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
um

Peach? I'm not really sure. Fox, yeah. He'll be the best when his potential is revealed.

I think Shulk may reach the top tier or at least top 12 once everyone becomes 9B imo
I find :4peach: to be the most slept on character in this game, behind :4megaman::4metaknight::4olimar: and the like. Once people get over her technicalities, I think she'll be a huge threat.

Only thing about Peach is that she doesn't completely invalidate a character from being competitive. :4sheik:indeed does invalidate a good portion of the cast, and so does :4diddy:'s Fair lol.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Gorls, I screwed up.

I haven't gone to Wendy's in years so I decided to eat there for lunch today, and I didn't remember what I used to get/didn't feel like spending much money so I just got a burger and fries off the dollar menu. Then after I got my food it hit me.

I went to Wendy's and didn't order a Baconator.

brb reevaluating my entire life
I love how this went unmentioned the entire day.

Are you done reevaluating?

The talk of Luigi being top 3 in the game according to the stream commentators is lol.
Unless you're a perfect shielding god, Luigi has serious defense issues.

I think zero skill spamus' meta has evolved quite a bit and flown under the radar as a top character. Could be me disliking how NAir>Down-B is now a thing, but she's kind of disgustingly good. Especially when they optimize stupid up air platform extention combos onto stages that aren't battlefield (I can see castle siege 2 being hilariously dumb).

If it's 1 hour away by car, go and then stay the night at home. I don't really understand the issue.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I think zero skill spamus' meta has evolved quite a bit and flown under the radar as a top character. Could be me disliking how NAir>Down-B is now a thing, but she's kind of disgustingly good. Especially when they optimize stupid up air platform extention combos onto stages that aren't battlefield (I can see castle siege 2 being hilariously dumb)..
Only problem I think :4zss:has is that she does have some odd MUs in which she loses like :4kirby:, while also not exactly having the greatest time against most of the characters that are considered "top tier". She will be top 10, but it may be hard seeing her be top 5.

Goes the same for :4luigi:IMO, and I don't even think he's top 10. If you are getting shut down by :rosalina:and :4sheik:, that's a problem in getting very high in the tier list.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
If it's 1 hour away by car, go and then stay the night at home. I don't really understand the issue.
I guess I forgot to mention that I can't drive (yet) and so who would have to bring me there would be my dad and I really don't want to inconvience him too much by making him have to drive for one hour in the evening having to bring me there and pick me up twice over the course of the tournament, assuming I do well enough at it.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Only problem I think :4zss:has is that she does have some odd MUs in which she loses like :4kirby:, while also not exactly having the greatest time against most of the characters that are considered "top tier". She will be top 10, but it may be hard seeing her be top 5.

Goes the same for :4luigi:IMO, and I don't even think he's top 10. If you are getting shut down by :rosalina:and :4sheik:, that's a problem in getting very high in the tier list.
Who else is she bad against other than Kirby, Mega... and iunno. She doesn't have the greatest time against some of the top (Diddy?, Sheik, Pika, Fox?) but I think she's good against Rosa.

Luigi gets hard countered too much. I think the Mega matchup is worse than Rosa/Sheik for him. #justsaying

Edit: @ FullMoon FullMoon Ask someone to pick you up/drive you home for the tournament. However you heard about it, just be nice to people and I'm sure you can find someone not sketchy with their life in order willing to help out. I had someone spot me $60 the other day for the regional I went to and I had only met him a week and a half before that. Smashers in general are kinda nice (evidenced by the gorls here).

Edit2: MK8 200CC is hilariously difficult. I bought the new DLC finally, but I'm so used to pipe frame (mercedes style)-off road Luigi and I want to use Link... But I'm so bad at adjusting in this game.

Last edited:

Soul.

ZSS loses to Kirby? Never heard of that MU before.
I suppose it's because Kirby is small af to avoid **** and stuff

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Edit: @ FullMoon FullMoon Ask someone to pick you up/drive you home for the tournament. However you heard about it, just be nice to people and I'm sure you can find someone not sketchy with their life in order willing to help out. I had someone spot me $60 the other day for the regional I went to and I had only met him a week and a half before that. Smashers in general are kinda nice (evidenced by the gorls here).
I guess. I'll take that into consideration.

On another note I just found this neat thing for Mewtwo:

He has some surprisingly fancy combos.

Uncertain Title

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4296-3238-9292
ZSS loses to Kirby? Never heard of that MU before.
I suppose it's because Kirby is small af to avoid **** and stuff
Plus since Kirby's floaty, it gets fairly easy for him to jump out of ZSS's usual combos.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
did they seriously say that lmao
That was really the one part that wasn't laughable imo

Pika has less first place finishes than Ganondorf, Meta Knight, Little Mac, and Robin among others on SWF's rankings

I love how this went unmentioned the entire day.

Are you done reevaluating?

The talk of Luigi being top 3 in the game according to the stream commentators is lol.
Unless you're a perfect shielding god, Luigi has serious defense issues.

I think zero skill spamus' meta has evolved quite a bit and flown under the radar as a top character. Could be me disliking how NAir>Down-B is now a thing, but she's kind of disgustingly good. Especially when they optimize stupid up air platform extention combos onto stages that aren't battlefield (I can see castle siege 2 being hilariously dumb).

I've decided I will go back and have a Baconator tomorrow to repent. I'm a thin gorl, I can afford to add a couple pounds (not that I will, my metabolism is absurd :196:)

It's amazing how much top 10 impressions vary between here, CCI, twitch chat, commentators, and top level players. Luigi #3 sounds like a joke to me but it's actually something a lot of people believe it seems. Meanwhile the twitch chat in said stream would've laughed at the notion of Fox even being top 5.

I have ZSS at #4, she was #3 to me before I knew about Fox. I don't really have much to say about her beyond "she has some scary/dumb options, but a grab within human reaction time and horrid end lag is pretty sadlife" though, she isn't a character I gave much thought to beyond "fraudulent Boost Kick kills are dumb" until recently.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
IMO :4zss: loses to the following, but do note that I'm no Spamus main so take it with a grain of salt.

:4mario::4megaman::4metaknight::4pikachu::4kirby::4gaw::4sheik:

She's probably even with :4fox::4falcon::4ness::4diddy::4jigglypuff:

Idk about :4luigi::4yoshi::4sonic:

I don't think Luigi is top 5. Lol. I mean, yeah. He deserves flak for the crap he can do off from one throw but he has some serious issues.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
It's amazing how much top 10 impressions vary between here, CCI, twitch chat, commentators, and top level players. Luigi #3 sounds like a joke to me but it's actually something a lot of people believe it seems. Meanwhile the twitch chat in said stream would've laughed at the notion of Fox even being top 5.

I have ZSS at #4, she was #3 to me before I knew about Fox. I don't really have much to say about her beyond "she has some scary/dumb options, but a grab within human reaction time and horrid end lag is pretty sadlife" though, she isn't a character I gave much thought to beyond "fraudulent Boost Kick kills are dumb" until recently.
This. Literally all of it. I don't really know where ZSS lands now, but I've had her consistently in top-8 throughout the game mostly on hearsay and those boost kick kills since nobody I personally know plays her and I hadn't really watched a whole lot of ZSS outside of some Japanese Chocolate and The Gorl who I learned dsmash>not grab was a thing. All I needed to know was pellets>paralyzer&grab, utilt whiffed grabs, and stay away from dsmash and I felt okay not knowing much about her. Now I feel compelled to do more research. >.>

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Link looks so happy in Mario Kart 8. Even when he gets hit, he's like "Aww. I'm just happy to be here!"

I wish I could use the master cycle though. Outside drift all the way.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I'm not sure what to think about :4zss:v:rosalina:

I swear I've consistently seen :4zss:say they win and :rosalina:say it's even

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
View attachment 49878
Sakurais ideas are getting worse because he's developing backwards
He even changed genders halfway through his reverse aging wtf

I'm gonna actually side with the Rosalina peeps for once and actually say it might be even this could be the end of the world.

Last edited:

Will you trust the sane ZSS mains or the Rosalindas?

It's not really a hard decision though knowing you, Vanilla.
I know I'm hyping my own character here, but this was too good to pass up.
Ganon is the best character ever
It's alright. We all like hyping up our own characters :>

Last edited:

Uncertain Title

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4296-3238-9292
Link looks so happy in Mario Kart 8. Even when he gets hit, he's like "Aww. I'm just happy to be here!"

I wish I could use the master cycle though. Outside drift all the way.
I think it would have been legit to ride around on Epona if you chose Bike ^ ^

Soul.

Pipe Frame/Slick w/ Bowser/Morton/Wario is best combination
because competitive mk8 is srs business

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Will you trust the sane ZSS mains or the Rosalindas?

It's not really a hard decision though knowing you, Vanilla.

It's alright. We all like hyping up our own characters :>
Wow, not those :rosalina:s.

I don't even know what those ones think, but ZSS doesn't have a luma so she probably loses :^)

Shulk vs Ike MU thread is probably the most (and one of the only) likeable MU thread I've been to in a while. Shulk vs Rosalina comes in a close second. Shocked? Well, the discussion was kinda filtered so only the sane Rosalina mains went there

LUCKY ME

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Pipe Frame/Slick w/ Bowser/Morton/Wario is best combination
because competitive mk8 is srs business
Not anymore. 200cc is a whole different meta.

Firehopping is gone. It's all about the mid-weights now. (pipe frame was actually top tier waifu kart? lol who knew. Silver arrow ftw.)

Soul.

Not anymore. 200cc is a whole different meta.

Firehopping is gone. It's all about the mid-weights now. (pipe frame was actually top tier waifu kart? lol who knew. Silver arrow ftw.)
bruh the meta is still 150cc, 200cc is for casuals

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
if 200cc is for casuals then 150cc must be for 3/4 of a casual :lick:

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
**** FALCON

Just died sub 70% twice in a 2 stock game, HOLY **** just remove this cancerous piece of **** character already NO ONE EVEN LIKES FALCON I WOULD RATHER PLAY AS HIS ****ING CAR WTF why is the rep of a dead series even HERE REPENT SINNERS

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
**** FALCON

Just died sub 70% twice in a 2 stock game, HOLY **** just remove this cancerous piece of **** character already NO ONE EVEN LIKES FALCON I WOULD RATHER PLAY AS HIS ****ING CAR WTF why is the rep of a dead series even HERE REPENT SINNERS

Top Bottom