• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Fox is the best character in the game imo

He just has a much higher learning curve than Diddy, Sheik, Falcon, etc.

Dead serious.
I actually agree with this. Specially after 1.0.6. He may have some VERY SLIGHT problems in neutral but everything else compensates for that quite well.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Rickster and I have pretty good Foxes.
Wait wat. You 3 stocked my Fox, LOL.
You gorls bookmark this post.

When in the future 1/2/3 years from now you see the Fox character at the top, that I said it firsT!

PredicTions?

EDIT: I don't see what makes Fox seem so good...he seems maybe top 7 to me. Maybe I just don't know the character enough.

Last edited:

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Just because a game comes out earlier in one region doesn't mean it excuses another to withhold information. And yes I do want them to go over each feature. Heck, they didn't have to even do that. But wow was the direct incredibly barebones.

You want to know what I want? A nintendo direct. You know, those fun loving but also informative news videos Nintendo likes to have? That wasn't a nintendo direct. That was neither fun loving, (The narrator had a monotone voice for pete's sake even when talking about dangerous or exciting things), or informative.

There isn't an excuse either. Tomadachi life was out for an entire year in japan and yet they still made that direct amazing.

Imagine if the april smash direct of last year was like this. Instead of all the wonderful info we got, it instead went like this:

-There will be new playable character in smash bros
- There are new stages in smash bros
- There are new items in smash bros
- There are new poke ball pokemon in smash bros
- There is a new mode called smash run...but like we are going to tell you anything about that.
- Oh hey greninja is playable, here is a picture and only a picture. No hype trailer.

Edit: I'm done with this conversation, it can be potentially more heated now.
Sorry for the late reply. I understand what you want. It's fine. It's just something I wouldn't get mad over. Ultimately, it's just a video game. :laugh:

As long as the game is good. I honestly don't care what the directs are showing.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I did some further testing and Rosalina actually dies to dair>rest at 29%. Mewtwo dies at 31%. Jigglypuff dies to it at 23%.

I'm having way too much fun with this stupid combo. I might even make a gfycat or something because yolo.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Fox is easy to combo and recovery isn't hard to punish. Don't think he will ever be top character. He has awesome other attributes which could lead to him being a top character but not the best.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So today during school, I was on Instagram, and someone happened to post this video:

This is literally one of my worst fears.

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
Do you guys ever feel like picking up another character but then you look at the roster and you're like
lolwho
I'm experiencing this rn but Shulk and Zeldawful are 2 good to pick someone else up for :///
Every day of my life gurl.

Funny story for all of you to hear:
So I'm totally new to Smash Universe with this title and whatevs is cool I mean I would watch videos on Brawl and stuff and always be like Wow this game looks awesome but I don't have a gamecube, Wii or any Nintendo console FML
So when I finally invested in a WiiU mostly for the sole purpose of Bayo 2 and MK8 I had to pick up SSB4 too because whateva my bff gets, I get too so I can play with him.
So I knew right outta the gate I HAD to play as Zelda because my friend said I'd totally either be a match for her or Rosalina.
So I liked em both to be honest but I felt like I needed another main so I tried looking at the whole cast and thinking hmm who would be fun

I'm not even kidding you, my first choice was Diddy.

But I found him unfun from first feels.

Later on I come to find out how much we all hate him when I started getting involved with the boards XD

Oh and the extra miscellaneous mains I decided on, to those whom care, were ROB, Olimar, Petch, Rosalita and Wario

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I need more practice against Fox. I can deal with Sheik pretty well for the most part now and Sonic... Sort of. Still, I have little to no practice against Fox.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
lmao this VGBC stream.
BO1 rofl
I think it's possible for the West to completely take round 1.
I need more practice against Fox. I can deal with Sheik pretty well for the most part now and Sonic... Sort of. Still, I have little to no practice against Fox.
Don't have the best Fox (put in maybe 1hr of work) but I can indulge you sometime. I have zero Greninja experience and I'd love to learn!

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Don't have the best Fox (put in maybe 1hr of work) but I can indulge you sometime. I have zero Greninja experience and I'd love to learn!
That would be great. I had two matches with Rickster's Fox when we played but that wasn't quite enough practice.

Though... Is it just me or does Fox die from the side blastzones a lot earlier than everyone else?

Also I swear the only reason I'm being somewhat succesful with Greninja is that nobody knows the MU lol.

Soul.

I think it's possible for the West to completely take round 1.

how many rounds are there?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
That would be great. I had two matches with Rickster's Fox when we played but that wasn't quite enough practice.

Though... Is it just me or does Fox die from the side blastzones a lot earlier than everyone else?

Also I swear the only reason I'm being somewhat succesful with Greninja is that nobody knows the MU lol.
Sure! Thing I really dislike about the people here is how little confidence people have in themselves. Give yourself some credit people!

Not sure about Fox... Fox is a fast faller so maybe that's why?

how many rounds are there?
3 I believe. (8 people -> 4 -> 2) Half Japanese, half Western and facing each other in every game round 1.

Last edited:

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
So today during school, I was on Instagram, and someone happened to post this video:

This is literally one of my worst fears.
I would "like" this post but I really don't like that ;-;

*forever checking the under rims of toilets forever now*

Guys guys

Someone in the Shulk boards asked, but idk what happened also :s
Found something really... interesting with Shulk dittos on Battlefield.

Only works at 0% - 15%. Under a Battlefield platform in the sides, do an Up-throw to a fellow Shulk to realize that the mate ends up standing on his feet on the top.

What's even more weird? This only works at 1x speed :p, Yeaaaaah slowmo just screws it up and he receives knockback from up throw. Watch till the very end to see when I change the speed and reset %s

Explanation needed.

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Well you still at least managed to get one win.

After that failed Farore Wind that I have no idea how I didn't die to, I knew you were trying to fish for an elevator but I ended up falling for it anyway =V

The MU doesn't look harder for Zelda than 40:60 to me personally.
I don't know.

From fighting you and some other Greninja players on smashladder as Zelda, it feels pretty bad.

Maybe I'm playing the MU wrong, but I'd say it's probably closer to 35:65 for her.

EDIT : the MU isn't terrible until the Greninja figures out his n-air destroys Zelda's options, and then it's pretty awful.

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Fox is stupid, his moves have low startup, has virtually zero lag on everything, few hits lead into a lot of damage, and his Usmash is one of the best killmoves in the game.
it's a good thing he is combo'ed easy and his smashes, while threatening, aren't really easy to land.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Fox is stupid, his moves have low startup, has virtually zero lag on everything, few hits lead into a lot of damage, and his Usmash is one of the best killmoves in the game.
it's a good thing he is combo'ed easy and his smashes, while threatening, aren't really easy to land.
Fox has guaranteed up smash setups even at KO percents :( Nair, jab, not last hit fair.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Western camping let's go!

Yeah, I will never speak the Fujin dialect... ever.
I'm not sure if I find the Fujin speak hilarious or odd.

I don't think I could pull it off, really.

Unrelated: WHY DOES OUR NAIR ONLY DO LIKE 3% TO ZSS (well most of the time -_-)

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Guys guys

lol

I dunno why reduced speed makes it behave like that (slowing down the game makes funky things happen) but he just lands on the platform because the throw has next to no knockback at those percents and happens to place him in the perfect position for him to land instantly.

Thanks Vanilla

Messing around with Fox. I feel like as time goes on, he might become the best in the game.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Guys guys

basically every character has a collision box at their feet that decides when you're landing (It was knees in melee and PM)

it's like a detector

it seems the uthrow does just enough knockback to put this detector just above the battlefield platform

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Fox really is stupid as hell. I've hated him from day one back in Smash 64. He's just a stupid character with a stupid concept and stupid voice acting and stupid ****ing furry ears and tail.

F*ck Fox.

D

Deleted member

Fox really is stupid as hell. I've hated him from day one back in Smash 64. He's just a stupid character with a stupid concept and stupid voice acting and stupid ****ing furry ears and tail.

F*ck Fox.

AMEN.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Sure! Thing I really dislike about the people here is how little confidence people have in themselves. Give yourself some credit people!
Well, even if my Greninja is pretty good, I'm sure that I already an advantage when it comes to MU knowledge because really very few people know the Greninja MU since he's seldom seen in spite of being a really good character, like Peach.

I don't know.

From fighting you and some other Greninja players on smashladder as Zelda, it feels pretty bad.

Maybe I'm playing the MU wrong, but I'd say it's probably closer to 35:65 for her.

EDIT : the MU isn't terrible until the Greninja figures out his n-air destroys Zelda's options, and then it's pretty awful.
I dunno I'm pretty sure that in both times we played sets against each other you started winning and then I had to make the comeback. It doesn't feel like that much of an uphill battle and Greninja's N-Air doesn't really shut Zelda down.

Fox's list of stupid moves/follow ups:

N-air -> U-smash tech chase read
N-air
Jab
JAB
JAB
Jab -> Jab
Jab -> Jab -> lol U-SMASH
Jab -> Jab -> lol D-SMASH
U-smash
lol u-air
B-AIR
N-air again
Jab
U-tilt
U-tilt
Goddamn u-tilt
U-tilt set ups (U-tilt > b-air, n-air, f-air, U-AIR)

I could list more but whatever. You guys get the point

Top Bottom