• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I am aware about these translations. Although they are accurate, I prefer not to spoil myself with it.

Of course they did. They had to pack in a ton of info of the game. The main reason I think the Japanese one is more in depth is because it comes out earlier in Japan. Besides, do you really ant them to go in depth with every feature/mechanic of the game in a single direct ?

Or do you prefer the same format as the Japanese directs but translated into English. Which is basically watching the same video that you have posted.
Just because a game comes out earlier in one region doesn't mean it excuses another to withhold information. And yes I do want them to go over each feature. Heck, they didn't have to even do that. But wow was the direct incredibly barebones.

You want to know what I want? A nintendo direct. You know, those fun loving but also informative news videos Nintendo likes to have? That wasn't a nintendo direct. That was neither fun loving, (The narrator had a monotone voice for pete's sake even when talking about dangerous or exciting things), or informative.

There isn't an excuse either. Tomadachi life was out for an entire year in japan and yet they still made that direct amazing.

Imagine if the april smash direct of last year was like this. Instead of all the wonderful info we got, it instead went like this:

-There will be new playable character in smash bros
- There are new stages in smash bros
- There are new items in smash bros
- There are new poke ball pokemon in smash bros
- There is a new mode called smash run...but like we are going to tell you anything about that.
- Oh hey greninja is playable, here is a picture and only a picture. No hype trailer.

Edit: I'm done with this conversation, it can be potentially more heated now.

Last edited:

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
Hello everyone, what's been going on here? :) I've been gone for a few hours, so I might be a bit behind in this social. Was there anything I missed in the time that I was gone?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
ZSS definitely has an easier time killing. I was trying to illustrate the point that Samus's kill options aren't that limited. But I could be wrong so *shrug*. I'm sure @ IsmaR IsmaR knows way more about Samus.
Fern was right in the sense that Samus excels getting kills near blast zones, not so much while on the main stage.

Ledge kills are important since Samus can recover for days. D-air spikes kill early, N-air/Z-air and missile pokes gimp a lot of horizontal recoveries, too. Then there's the stupidity of bomb jumping/edgeguarding > D-air.

Vertically Samus' Screw Attack is pretty good on low ceiling stages. Kills at around 80%~100% on stuff like Halberd, Town and City, or if you get someone from the top platform of BF/Duck Hunt. Always fun following up after a D-tilt > reading someone's airdodge if they're expecting U-air.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Hello everyone, what's been going on here? :) I've been gone for a few hours, so I might be a bit behind in this social. Was
there anything I missed in the time that I was gone?
Just in time for me to send you to :4darkpit: tier.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
lol I just accidentally rested Luma but Rosalina fell into me during the hitlag and got rested too. Ty based Luma

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I almost broke my hand after I punched my desk in anger.

Thankfully, I only broke my desk.

****, I'm pissed.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
About what?! O.O

New glasses?

It's nothing big, really, just a bunch of **** annoying the hell out of me in quick succession.

One of those days.

I lose my temper particularly quick whenever things don't work like they're supposed to, specially when it comes to electronics or services I've been paying for. Ie. internet service, Photoshop, my computer, my chair, my lightbulb :'D...

All at the same time.

Thanks for the concern, though. Now you guys made me feel really silly over punching something over trivial **** like that.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
It's nothing big, really, just a bunch of **** annoying the hell out of me in quick succession.

One of those days.

I lose my temper particularly quick whenever things don't work like they're supposed to, specially when it comes to electronics or services I've been paying for. Ie. internet service, Photoshop, my computer, my chair, my lightbulb :'D...

All at the same time.

Thanks for the concern, though. Now you guys made me feel really silly over punching something over trivial **** like that.
It's cool. Sometimes I get mad when I can't win as Zelda. Which makes no sense.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Ggs @ Rickster Rickster

Really fun games and your Zelda is pretty good.

I'm feeling really tired right now so I'll have to stop.
Alright, GGs. That Greninja though...I was pretty much panicking 90% of the time since I had absolutely no idea what to expect.

Yaay I'm slowly learning MUs I should already know...:bluejump:
:urg:

EDIT: Greninja vs Zelda 7:3 in Greninja's favor calling it now

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Do you guys ever feel like picking up another character but then you look at the roster and you're like
lolwho
I'm experiencing this rn but Shulk and Zeldawful are 2 good to pick someone else up for :///

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Alright, GGs. That Greninja though...I was pretty much panicking 90% of the time since I had absolutely no idea what to expect.

Yaay I'm slowly learning MUs I should already know...:bluejump:
:urg:

EDIT: Greninja vs Zelda 7:3 in Greninja's favor calling it now
The first rule when fighting Greninja is to jump instead of airdodging when he uses D-Throw =V

All those D-Throw -> Shadow Sneak kills. Shadow Sneak killing below 80% is quite something.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Literally every other 3DS color is better than red. I'm not even kidding.
Well thanks for making me feel bad about my life choices. :urg:

Red 3DS has this really sweet glossy thing to it that the XL, 2DS, and n3DS don't have though

Plus the monado is red

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Well you still at least managed to get one win.

After that failed Farore Wind that I have no idea how I didn't die to, I knew you were trying to fish for an elevator but I ended up falling for it anyway =V

The MU doesn't look harder for Zelda than 40:60 to me personally.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Well thanks for making me feel bad about my life choices. :urg:

Red 3DS has this really sweet glossy thing to it that the XL, 2DS, and n3DS don't have though

Plus the monado is red
I think all of the regular 3DS's have the glossy finish. I know blue, purple, white, black, and pink also have it and I'd assume the other colors do too. I do agree that the glossy look is a good touch.

Red is still ugly tho.

Last edited:

Soul.

Every regular 3DS has a glossy finish.
3DS XL/New 3DS is matte. New 3DS XL is both I think.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
It's a tough MU. He's so fast and forces the approach.
It's more that I'm really disappointed in my gameplay today. I don't feel like I deserve to be called "good".

Then again I'm in a really negative/pessimistic/mad mood right now so that might be influencing my feelings, lol.
Well you still at least managed to get one win.

After that failed Farore Wind that I have no idea how I didn't die to, I knew you were trying to fish for an elevator but I ended up falling for it anyway =V

The MU doesn't look harder for Zelda than 40:60 to me personally.
Yeah, I really hate it when you get an Elevator, red spark and all, and then the opponent doesn't die for whatever reason.

And yes, I was fishing for the Elevator really hard. Problem is that I don't know how to reliably land it on fast characters, plus the fact that I don't know Greninja's moveset all too well (even though I tried to learn him).

Thanks for the small advice though. :) I really need to learn this MU. It's a necessity.

Last edited:

Soul.

Fox is the best character in the game imo

He just has a much higher learning curve than Diddy, Sheik, Falcon, etc.

Dead serious.
a lot of people have been putting him as 3rd best. lol.
his jab is gdlk, yet they nerf link's. poor him.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
My 3DS can show me the future though :v

The future it shows is that I will get rekt at tomorrow's Zelda Social Tournament

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Nah mang.

Its Mii Swordsman.

Swordz mofos.
for the record if I were to make a list of top 10 most difficult chars to learn, Swordfighter would definitely be there by sher virtue of him getting trolled in neutral if he doesn't SoL and even then SoL leaves him vulnerable to attacks. ect.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I got bored enough to start making my own dark style for squidboards and I can already tell it's going to consume the rest of my evening

Fuji'n

Banned via Warnings
a lot of people have been putting him as 3rd best. lol.
his jab is gdlk, yet they nerf link's. poor him.

You gorls bookmark this post.

When in the future 1/2/3 years from now you see the Fox character at the top, that I said it firsT!

Top Bottom