• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

rabbit.soaring

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rabbit.soaring
3DS FC
0130-2883-3067
For matchups, what do you do against Mac? Playing against them makes me so sad, that Ftilt beats everything I try on the ground and the aerial options are garbage.
I'm... not sure honestly. See if you can predict Ftilt and roll behind for a grab? Honestly whenever I have to play a Mac I counterpick with Prism Tower and run away like a b****

EDIT: Nayru's might work if timed well, since it has invuln frames, though if Mac predicts it you get hurt.

Last edited:

Hyrule Candy

Smash Journeyman
oh hi, ummmm how do I say this. Im dropping Zelda, yeah supprise huh? im maining lucina now and these boards depress me. So see ya around nice knowing yall. have a good life.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
we could go in roster order as i was thinking just jump from precieved bad matchup to an unknown number matchup so we don't stay depressed too long. roster order might be good...but then we get two back to back spacies lol
How about we start with what we perceive is a 'good' match-up (or as good as it can be, really) for Zelda ?

rabbit.soaring

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rabbit.soaring
3DS FC
0130-2883-3067
Looks like the glass of optimism is half empty now. Sigh.

@ Princess Toady Princess Toady
The reason I want to do roster order is because it helps move things along. And makes the thread easier to reference after discussion.

Last edited:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Buf if we go by roster order, we start with Mario... Not really the best one to discuss. Usually when this type of thread is made, almost everyone wants to discuss the higher tier characters (hello sheik, rosalina, diddy) and so you're quickly demotivated by the lack of options Zelda is victim of and it does not really establish a favourable climate for discussion.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Hahahahaha, so sad to see Candy drop Zelda so soon XD.

Against Mac stay in the corners of the stage and pray he ****s up an approach.

rabbit.soaring

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rabbit.soaring
3DS FC
0130-2883-3067
Buf if we go by roster order, we start with Mario... Not really the best one to discuss. Usually when this type of thread is made, almost everyone wants to discuss the higher tier characters (hello sheik, rosalina, diddy) and so you're quickly demotivated by the lack of options Zelda is victim of and it does not really establish a favourable climate for discussion.
Mario is fine to discuss. He actually has above average tournament representation. And discussing the high tiers first wouldn't necessarily be a good thing. A lot of matchup threads kinda fade away because they only want to discuss the most "relevant" MUs first and die out after looking at like 3 chars. And let's be honest here Zelda loses to pretty much every top tier except Rosa

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
Against the top tiers, sheik and diddy are bad, but i think zelda has a slight advantage of rosalina. I dont think the MUs against sheik and diddy r that bad, but they have an advantage.

I just like zeldas playstyle

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I basically play her because she's one of my favorite character and she has a pretty dress. But if I want to win, I feel Peach is the superior choice.

Edit : I agree about Rosalina, I don't have that much trouble fightining her. I guess we could discuss Mario then, but everyone would need to pitch in. Or maybe we shoudl do as Fujin said and wait for Apex before we start a serious thread ?

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Against the top tiers, sheik and diddy are bad, but i think zelda has a slight advantage of rosalina. I dont think the MUs against sheik and diddy r that bad, but they have an advantage.

I just like zeldas playstyle
literally the same person

can i ban your other account now

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
Mario is fine to discuss. He actually has above average tournament representation. And discussing the high tiers first wouldn't necessarily be a good thing. A lot of matchup threads kinda fade away because they only want to discuss the most "relevant" MUs first and die out after looking at like 3 chars. And let's be honest here Zelda loses to pretty much every top tier except Rosa
Idk what to do against mario. The ones on roll glory annoy me so much they just dash attack, then they throw out random smashes. YET THEY STILL WIN OMG

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Obviously this fell behind a little, but;

No one even discussed stages except the in general post @ BJN39 BJN39 made in reguards to Japes in general.
I'm confused by this phrase, I'm pretty sure it was gdlk sistren @Rion who made the lovely post on Jungle Japes, not me. Unless you were talking about something else...?

Also, I DO think we need an MU base overhaul. I almost recommend we create a new thread and just excerpt certain parts if value from the peach discussion. I'd volunteer to make a new one, but only if you didn't want to.

Whatever happens I say we do a nominative process for what MUs we do based on who we have the most or more experience on.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Wow just make diddy better. Why do people have to discover so many things that dont benefit zelda
You KNOW, back in Brawl, Zelda had one of the longest glide tosses, it was actually quite useable in the Diddy MU. If it still exists to any extent, then it COULD be even more useful since there can only be one banana.

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
You KNOW, back in Brawl, Zelda had one of the longest glide tosses, it was actually quite useable in the Diddy MU. If it still exists to any extent, then it COULD be even more useful since there can only be one banana.
omg another optomistist. ugh doing it alone is hard thank you

Last edited:

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
im hoping some zelda users go. We have nairo... and i think thats it tbh. Wait isnt APEX expensive not counting the gas from driving, and food. Im broke i spent my money on starbucks and chipotle

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
oh hi, ummmm how do I say this. Im dropping Zelda, yeah supprise huh? im maining lucina now and these boards depress me. So see ya around nice knowing yall. have a good life.
for Lucy doe? you could have at least followed the general rules and mained the Alternate dimension Zelda in the form of Palutena lol

@ JigglyZelda003 JigglyZelda003 maybe for the MU thread we could do a system like

MUs pros:
MUs cons:
Key moves in the MU:
Score:

Something like that
back to the MU thread. @ JigglyZelda003 JigglyZelda003 what do u think of my idea?
oh sure if everyone else is up for that type of system i'd gladly set up the format lol. i have no problem with that format either.

Obviously this fell behind a little, but;

I'm confused by this phrase, I'm pretty sure it was gdlk sistren @Rion who made the lovely post on Jungle Japes, not me. Unless you were talking about something else...?

Also, I DO think we need an MU base overhaul. I almost recommend we create a new thread and just excerpt certain parts if value from the peach discussion. I'd volunteer to make a new one, but only if you didn't want to.

Whatever happens I say we do a nominative process for what MUs we do based on who we have the most or more experience on.
was it? i have to go back and look, i'm sorry @Rion if you wrote that wonderful excerpt on Japes and i forgot you.

also if anyone doesn't have any objections to me making another matchup thread for us to start over in i will make it anew. Since i'm not able to go to many tournies i wanted to help by running the matchup thread.
Glide tossing and ledge warping two of the only times Zelda has had an AT in her favor other than the now deceased RCPG. long live Glide toss as the best AT ever.

Top Bottom