• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Nice to meet you :) and thanks, i'm always glad to meet people who are dealing with similar crap and share the same hobby, it's funny how smash can bring so much of us together :)
I see what you mean. I've been lurking this thread for a while now and it seems like a lot of people here can relate to these kinds of issues :)

Dear Nintendo,

Please give Zelda's n-air 12 frames of landing lag, and giver her F-air and B-air 14 frames of landing lag. Also, pls fix her smash attacks. Scrap Din's fire. It will never work. Also, buff Phantom Slash's speed and shorten the charge time. Thanks

- Zelda boards

Make Shulk's B-air start at frame 15 and decrease the landing lag to 17 frames :3 (Shulk's fine tho)

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Just make

Zelda's Specials like OoT and make Phantom a Mechakoopa.

Brawl smashes too pls.

I would like my upsmash strings back.

Up smash > Up smash > nair sounds really broken LOL

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Dear Nintendo,

Please give Zelda's n-air 12 frames of landing lag, and giver her F-air and B-air 14 frames of landing lag. Also, pls fix her smash attacks. Scrap Din's fire. It will never work. Also, buff Phantom Slash's speed and shorten the charge time. Thanks

- Zelda boards

Make Shulk's B-air start at frame 15 and decrease the landing lag to 17 frames :3
Or they could just fix din's fire, at the very least give me brawl's, anything beats this

Also, something needs to be done about that uair. It's just not good, like at all

Last edited:
at the very least give me brawl's, anything beats this
It's on par with Melee's and Brawl's in terms of utility (AKA: Useless). Brawl's din's fire was no different. Din's was always garbage. They gotta scrap the concept and give the real din's fire to Zelda. It doesn't even work like that in game

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
It's on par with Melee's and Brawl's in terms of utility (AKA: Useless). Brawl's din's fire was no different. Din's was always garbage. They gotta scrap the concept and give the real din's fire to Zelda. It doesn't even work like that in game
I could've sworn it was better in brawl, or maybe I'm crazy

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Thanks for the wonderful responses @ Fernosaur Fernosaur and @ TheDarkKnightNoivern TheDarkKnightNoivern , yeah hopefully it will get better, gotta focus on the good and leave behind the bad. Seems impossible at times, especially when you're in a very traditional household, but one step at a time I guess :happysheep:
Just know that they aren't worth feeling sad or putting yourself down for, trust me, I've made that mistake before :)

Or as I would normally say, **** em

It was better in Brawl but it didn't matter because it was still useless anyway
At this point, I'll take whatever I can get

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
@ micstar615 micstar615 Society and ourselves can only evolve by scrapping our parents' old and dated ideas after all :). Tradition can be good, but it can also be as bad. The process of change is always super slow and difficult, but equally necessary.

On the topic of Zelda, a version of Din's Fire more loyal to OoT would be interesting. Like, it could a chargeable explosion that increases in size around her sorta like Ike's.

Then again that wouldn't be super useful.

Still better than current Din's doe

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I feel lucky that my parents were accepting :kirbymelee:

I don't care what Nintendo does to Din's anymore. It only really hits bad players anyway. At least get rid of the freefall though. On the rare occasion that we use it accidentally when we meant to FW, we should not be punished with instant death. I don't understand the reasoning behind this. Being able to use Din's multiple times in the air would hardly break it

The title should totally have two "REALLY"s in there. Because yes.

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
That would require for her inputs to be changed to feel more "natural," though. Din's would have to be B, Nayru's down B, and Phantom side B.

....Pointless to keep thinking about this, since it'll never happen :'D. Merry Christmas to us.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
They could buff Zelda's smash attacks to the way it was in Brawl. I'd get myself a cookie if that were to happen.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
I mained Ultimecia in dissidia and 012. I kept Shanttoto as a secondary along with the emperor and added Lightning and Prishe I 012. I didn't like Shanttoto's playstyle change at first in 012 (or her Manafont Nerf) but after a while I learned to enjoy it.

I feel like we have at least one more patch coming either with Mewtwo or two. One coming with and one coming afterwards. Maybe well get that .7% jab buff and then get a .0076% buff to usmash.

if anything can Zelda get lagless Nair? I really wouldn't care at this point if in exchange they too away the hitstun in landing Nair to "compensate" for it being lagless. I just want the ability to land safetly at the minimum for the remainder of this games lifetime.

on dins, I like dins and feel like it could be good, they just don't want to give it the real two changes it needs. Movement like PKT and 1 frame sweet spot 2-3 frame sourspot. Scree mo freefall I want people to fear my moves.

I think I'm all caught up on discussion now lol

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
They have the tools to fix Zelda but then they would have to go back on what they said about not touching characters anymore. It is nice to think about though... Guys Smash 8 Zelda will finally be C tier.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
She was nerfed for low level matches.

Now you can escape her smashes without doing anything! No more Dtilt locks! No more huge Din's!

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Smashes are a joke, but Din seems to go around her design more: sweetspots everywhere. (not saying it's a good thing).

I wonder why about the smashes, considering a lot of multihits attacks are fine now.

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Zelda is not amused that pretty much every multi-hit move for the high tiers actually connect.

NNID
MasterHavik
She was nerfed for low level matches.

Now you can escape her smashes without doing anything! No more Dtilt locks! No more huge Din's!
I swear who the hell is making this game sometimes. Some of the "bad" characters are bad because of poor game design, not because of poor tools.

what you told me is stupid..I love using her as my third wheel in brawl.

NNID
MasterHavik
Now sis............................
sis? I'm a guy, and dude....don't take third wheel comment the wrong way. Also when I said stupid I meant what he told me. He isn't stupid.

I was going to say that no D-Tilt lock is understandable, but I suddenly remembers Mario's stupid Utilt spam.
How is the kick? Is it still our best move?

Last edited:

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
You shouldn't be calling people's opinions stupid anyway. I'm pretty sure that was a subtle warning to not insult people. Also when people say sis on this board it is an endearing term.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Pretty much. No one cares if you think what @ ZombieBran ZombieBran said is stupid, the fact of the matter is people DO fall out of her smashes without inputting anything, dtilt NO longer locks and Din's ISN'T huge anymore.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
sis? I'm a guy, and dude....don't take third wheel comment the wrong way. Also when I said stupid I meant what he told me. He isn't stupid.

How is the kick? Is it still our best move?
DTilt is still one of her best moves by virtue of being her only move with both fast start-up and little ending lag. Plus you can still follow up with FTilt, FSmash, UTilt etc., so it still allows you to get some momentum going.

All in all, DTilt, FTilt, FSmash and grab make up a good 90% of her ground game.

That said, I'm beginning to like Phantom Slash a lot more. The key is that in most situations, it should only be used when you already have some momentum on your side. Edgeguarding is the most obvious example, but knocking your opponent up into the air and having them return to the ground is another good example, especially due to air dodging near the ground being a dangerous game. You can set this up from any successful grab, which helps bolster her otherwise unspectacular grab game.

Honestly, I think that Phantom Slash and Dair are the main things that stop her from being the outright worst in the game.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Oh god Ultimecia... "On your knees... on your knees..." x100. So freaking defensive just as bad as Exdeath and Mateus lol. I love them all though.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
TFW you know Zelda will never be good in an official Smash game.

All I want is those damn smashes to be fixed, less lag after her projectiles and aerials, and no freefall after aerial Din's.
Is that too much to ask from Sakurai? Probs.

Last edited:

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
I think she's good. She has weaknesses but every character does. At least we can kill with elevator at like 50%. Just getting kills that early warms my heart.

Top Bottom