• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

rabbit.soaring

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rabbit.soaring
3DS FC
0130-2883-3067
Just little things that add up and make her bad in the competitive scene when you are basing stuff statistically.

Also, there's just a lot of stupid things that should be fixed, if these are intentional then I don't understand their reasoning:

1. Characters falling out of her F smash.
2. Characters falling out of her U smash.
3. Din's Fire (Air) Helpless state.
4. Din's Fire.
5. Adding more ending lag to lightning kicks AND lowering their damage, really? Why even bother anymore? Her D air seems better in my opinion.
Adding to this, it's probably worth mentioning that she really can't compete with most characters in the air due to F/Bair's impractical sweetspots and Dair's startup lag. All you have to do to put Zelda in a bad place is to knock her in the air and stand under her.

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
I admire your optimism, and I actually kind of share it too.
I'm just complaining about a few things that don't make any sense no matter how you spin it.

But I agree, I think if we all work together and be a bit more positive we can certainly make her a better character than she already is. Griping about her gets old after a while, though it is amusing when sarcasm is involved

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
actually the sweetspots on her fair and bair r particularly easy for me to get. She has possibly the best meteor smash in the game too. But yeah i agree with nicky

rabbit.soaring

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rabbit.soaring
3DS FC
0130-2883-3067
Ganon undeniably has the best meteor. I'll try to be more aggressive with my F/Bairs, though I'm not sure they're a better option than Nair.

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
actually the sweetspots on her fair and bair r particularly easy for me to get. She has possibly the best meteor smash in the game too. But yeah i agree with nicky
I was playing in For Fun: Smash earlier today and killed these two players with one sweetspotted Fair.
It's those moments that make playing Zelda so satisfying.
Oh, and double kills involving Farore's Elevator are just way too much to handle.

Anyways if you have ease landing Lightning kicks then good for you! I sure don't lol
I put my faith in the occasional Dair since I like to follow up after the ground bounce or spike them down off stage.

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
in training mode just practice sweetspotting fair and bair might help
Honestly I have, but the only time I really land it consistently is after Down Throw at low - mid percent, or Dtilt at mid - high percent.
Otherwise, trying to use it in the heat of battle randomly is very tough for me, though I throw it in occasionally to switch it up.
Fair I like to use when jumping up through platforms; Bair is decent when crossing up an enemy with an air dodge. Also, just waiting for enemies to jump into their range is a simple yet surprisingly effective strategy at times.

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
Honestly I have, but the only time I really land it consistently is after Down Throw at low - mid percent, or Dtilt at mid - high percent.
Otherwise, trying to use it in the heat of battle randomly is very tough for me, though I throw it in occasionally to switch it up.
Fair I like to use when jumping up through platforms; Bair is decent when crossing up an enemy with an air dodge. Also, just waiting for enemies to jump into their range is a simple yet surprisingly effective strategy at times.
what about dropping from the ledge and jumping back to stage and fair?

Latte

Smash Ace
I also find fair and bair pretty easy to use and sweetspot. Dair is harder to use IMO.

Last edited:

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
what about dropping from the ledge and jumping back to stage and fair?
That's not a bad idea though I don't like risky situations like that.
Ooh, what if you threw Phantom out and then used him as cover to do a short hop Fair/Bair safely?

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
ill make it
That would be phantasmalicious.
I'm thinking maybe something where all her really nifty lil tricks and niche schtuff could be compiled in the first or second post and such, kinda like the Love for Phantom thread only the strategy one would be based on all of her moves.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Oh so Salad Bowl joined the sisters officially! Kinda funny what with him trying to convert us all to poyodom

Meanwhile I am feeling less confident about maining Zelda.

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
Oh so Salad Bowl joined the sisters officially! Kinda funny what with him trying to convert us all to poyodom

whut? well get your confidence back on, you can do it

Wait i thought u secondaried rosalina and palutena.

Last edited:

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky

Aww why?
You know, I felt that way about Shantotto in Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy and I still trolled top tier ***** players with (presumably) the worst character in that game. For me it isn't really about winning as much as it is putting on a good showing.
That and putting people in their place with a character everybody talks crap about.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
They ruined Shantotto in 012 imo. But then again her ex-mode was broken in the original.

Last edited:

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
They ruined Shantotto in 012 imo. But then again her ex-mode was broken in the original.
Idunnooo, Shan was like mid tier just because of the fact that she was hard to assist punish unlike certain characters in the cast. Plus she had a bunch of weird gimmicks, glitches and dirty tricks to really troll people and defy the odds.

Now, why can't our Zelda be like that >.> ?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Idunnooo, Shan was like mid tier just because of the fact that she was hard to assist punish unlike certain characters in the cast. Plus she had a bunch of weird gimmicks, glitches and dirty tricks to really troll people and defy the odds.

Now, why can't our Zelda be like that >.> ?
I loved her Manafont in the original and it got butchered :(

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I thought The Emperor was bottom tier in 012 because the only matchup he had that didn't suck was his matchup against. Jecht. I think that was his only good matchup.

micstar615

Smash Ace

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Don't waste your money! :p my recommendation is to start off with cardio workouts and then branch out to other things, instead of books I reccomend looking up YT videos, they're free and show you how to do the exercise properly!
Any channels you can recommend? I was considering lifting just because of peer pressure, lol. I did pick up running but then September hit and I was away from home 8am to 10pm :( Haven't run since...

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I should work out too. Want to work on my legs first though so I can dunk the local basketball court. LOL

Being 5"7 sucks.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Don't people try to avoid legs like the plague? :p

I'm 5'6. Anybody shorter?

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I played Dissidia 012... like a few times.

Really loved Exdeath... A TOP TIER CHARACTER OMG, A DIFFERENT EXPERIENCE.

I also made my causal Smash friend salty by using Diddy today. The liberty and freedom you have with using a top tier character like him feels so refreshing after you use crummy low/bottom tiers for so long. :3

micstar615

Smash Ace
Any channels you can recommend? I was considering lifting just because of peer pressure, lol. I did pick up running but then September hit and I was away from home 8am to 10pm :( Haven't run since...
I'll look for some videos and make a mini playlist for you tomorrow if you like? :)

Life changes make working out consistently quite difficult. I haven't been to the gym at all this week because things have been hectic for me but once you get the knowledge and the practice, it gets easier. Are you going to be a full time student again next semester? When will you have free time?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I'll look for some videos and make a mini playlist for you tomorrow if you like? :)

Life changes make working out consistently quite difficult. I haven't been to the gym at all this week because things have been hectic for me but once you get the knowledge and the practice, it gets easier. Are you going to be a full time student again next semester? When will you have free time?
Yeah I'm working full time, and then I do full time school at night. I could possibly wake up earlier though.

Should I go to the gym or buy my own equipment? Nearest gym is a 15min drive :( If there's any day to buy stuff... tomorrow would be it!

Last edited:
I used Terra at Dissidia because she was sooo good and Final Fantasy VI was amazing

Then they butchered her in Dissidia 012 so I switched to Cloud. He wasn't super good but he was somewhere around mid-tier in that game thanks to the new assist system and some other buffs

Top Bottom