• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Okay, let's all lift together.

I loved FFVII as a child. When it came out, it was on my mind in school all day, BUT I will never understand the Cloud hype. He seriously thought he was somebody else for most of the game, was easily manipulated by Sephiroth into ruining the world, and when Cloud found out he wasn't somebody else... he became a vegetable...

I loved FFVII as a child. When it came out, it was on my mind in school all day, BUT I will never understand the Cloud hype. He seriously thought he was somebody else for most of the game, was easily manipulated by Sephiroth into ruining the world, and when Cloud found out he wasn't somebody else... he became a vegetable...
This is my new signature

Edit: Done. The truth will be revealed to all

Last edited:

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
Oh so Salad Bowl joined the sisters officially! Kinda funny what with him trying to convert us all to poyodom

Meanwhile I am feeling less confident about maining Zelda.
I got my ass whooped by a Villager main today.

Hope that makes you feel better.

And there was this Link main who was freaking MLG pro.

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
DON'T SKIP LEG DAY
toned legs are super great
whut? well get your confidence back on, you can do it

Wait i thought u secondaried rosalina and palutena.
At this point I secondary everyone and have no main except I use Zelda slightly more than other characters. I am in an existential Smash crisis, kinda fun.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
You're not done growing up yet. Btw, great job against Nairo :)
Thanks! But I feel like I could've done better...I didn't dtilt enough, and I should've expected the airdodge when I dthrew near the ledge. I just went for safe stuff. I also really don't know the Bowser Jr. MU very well, I was like confused the whole match LOL.

micstar615

Smash Ace
Yeah I'm working full time, and then I do full time school at night. I could possibly wake up earlier though.

Should I go to the gym or buy my own equipment? Nearest gym is a 15min drive :( If there's any day to buy stuff... tomorrow would be it!
I would recommend going to the gym, you'll get access to a wide variety of equipment which will really help you a lot, plus you can learn from watching others train (I know that sounds creepy lol) because if you're training at home and you don't have experience, chances are you'll be doing it incorrectly and you'll have a lot more limitations because you won't have access to much equipment. However if training at home is all you can do, it's better than nothing! If you decide to train at home I'll send you some videos for workouts you can do at home! iirc you said you're also sort of a sheltered and socially awkward person right? Even though working and whatnot has helped you open up I think going to a gym will also be good for that as well :)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I would recommend going to the gym, you'll get access to a wide variety of equipment which will really help you a lot, plus you can learn from watching others train (I know that sounds creepy lol) because if you're training at home and you don't have experience, chances are you'll be doing it incorrectly and you'll have a lot more limitations because you won't have access to much equipment. However if training at home is all you can do, it's better than nothing! If you decide to train at home I'll send you some videos for workouts you can do at home! iirc you said you're also sort of a sheltered and socially awkward person right? Even though working and whatnot has helped you open up I think going to a gym will also be good for that as well :)
Sounds good. And I'd like to think I am not totally awkward or sheltered anymore. I have no trouble socializing and meeting new people but networking is another story. @SBphiloz4 met me... he can tell you how chatty and crazy I am when I play Smash >_>

Guess I have to decide if I want to go to a gym or buy equipment. How expensive is equipment?

Last edited:

micstar615

Smash Ace
Sounds good. And I'd like to think I am not totally awkward or sheltered anymore. I have no trouble socializing and meeting new people but networking is another story. @SBphiloz4 met me... he can tell you how chatty and crazy I am when I play Smash >_>

Guess I have to decide if I want to go to a gym or buy equipment. How expensive is equipment?
Equipment isn't too, too bad, it depends on what you get...things like benches and barbells are pricey...however some mid weight dumbells, a yoga mat and exercise ball are somewhat more affordable. I haven't gotten equipment myself but I do check the stores once in a while, and the prices definitely depend on the item you want + the store you buy from

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Equipment isn't too, too bad, it depends on what you get...things like benches and barbells are pricey...however some mid weight dumbells, a yoga mat and exercise ball are somewhat more affordable. I haven't gotten equipment myself but I do check the stores once in a while, and the prices definitely depend on the item you want + the store you buy from
Thanks for that. At least it's not New Years for another 5 days!

"Cloud stands at 5'7" with a lean yet muscular build." He seems a lot taller in the game and Advent Children imo.

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Holy **** a day and a half away and you post like 6 pages.

@Salad Bowl Oh so did you ride the train down here too? Cool!

@ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer Leg day is hell. Hell is leg day.

In completely unrelated news, after two years of going out I met my boyfriend's family -cousins, aunts and all- and it was so great. They all accepted me into the family so nicely. It's also the first time I'm "the boyfriend" in a family reunion, mostly because I always kept my past relationships on the very casual side.

I think I just had the best Christmas of my life. I'm really happy right now~

I thought Cloud was some lanky shrimp. At least I thought he was in Advent Children

Let's all remember Wakka's weapon from Final Fantasy X

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I thought Cloud was some lanky shrimp. At least I thought he was in Advent Children

Let's all remember Wakka's weapon from Final Fantasy X
Holyyyy crap I love Wakka. Broken overdrive and pretty muscular :o That accent too!

micstar615

Smash Ace
Thanks for that. At least it's not New Years for another 5 days!

"Cloud stands at 5'7" with a lean yet muscular build." He seems a lot taller in the game and Advent Children imo.
Feel free to message me anytime during school as well, I'd be happy to give you some tips, i feel like it'll all depend on how busy you are tbh but even if you are super busy I'm sure you can fit in a workout every other day at least :) baby steps :happysheep:

micstar615

Smash Ace
Holy **** a day and a half away and you post like 6 pages.

@Salad Bowl Oh so did you ride the train down here too? Cool!

@ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer Leg day is hell. Hell is leg day.

In completely unrelated news, after two years of going out I met my boyfriend's family -cousins, aunts and all- and it was so great. They all accepted me into the family so nicely. It's also the first time I'm "the boyfriend" in a family reunion, mostly because I always kept my past relationships on the very casual side.

I think I just had the best Christmas of my life. I'm really happy right now~
That's beautiful man, congrats to you :) it's funny because my situation is like the complete opposite, my cousins and their parents invited themselves over today and kept asking me when I was going to get married and kept teasing me about finding a girlfriend. It's so stressful :/ my family is super homophobic and there's so much pressure :( but hearing stories like yours def gives me hope :)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Nair that stupid Monkey Flip when off stage. Then dair for days.

Last edited:
What patch? You mean Smash 5 right?
There was a mistranslation of the sorts as far as I've heard. Basically, Sakurai has no plans atm but he knows Diddy is a problem

All I want is Diddy's U-air to be nerfed
Maybe but I think Sakurai's working on Mewtwo.
Does anyone here other than me think that Mewtwo will be low tier again for no reason?

I think the patch will come with the DLC

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
That's beautiful man, congrats to you :) it's funny because my situation is like the complete opposite, my cousins and their parents invited themselves over today and kept asking me when I was going to get married and kept teasing me about finding a girlfriend. It's so stressful :/ my family is super homophobic and there's so much pressure :( but hearing stories like yours def gives me hope :)
I totally understand cause *my* family is like that, hahaha. Well, they're less homophobic now than they were 5 years ago, most definitely. Actually I've slowly started telling them about my relationship with the boybert, and so far the response has been good. Tbh the big problem is my mom because she's very very conservative and also suffers from a chronic heart disease. By now, I'm less concerned about my family "hating" me (I've lived away for 5 years now, so...) than I am for my mother's health when/if she finds out :'D

But there's much solace in being welcomed in my boyfriend's family. At least I know there'll be a good and loving family for my kids to grow up in~

Edit: I'm also interested to know where he said Diddy is a problem!!

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I think there was a Hispanic Peach player who got kicked out of the house when he came out.

Glad your situation is different :)

micstar615

Smash Ace
There are no plans for a patch but that doesn't mean they aren't going to happen and he didn't say that they won't. I do think we'll get one more, last patch he nerfed every top tier contender except Diddy so I think we'll get one more patch with Diddy nerfs and a glorious 1% Jab increase for Zelda

micstar615

Smash Ace
I totally understand cause *my* family is like that, hahaha. Well, they're less homophobic now than they were 5 years ago, most definitely. Actually I've slowly started telling them about my relationship with the boybert, and so far the response has been good. Tbh the big problem is my mom because she's very very conservative and also suffers from a chronic heart disease. By now, I'm less concerned about my family "hating" me (I've lived away for 5 years now, so...) than I am for my mother's health when/if she finds out :'D

But there's much solace in being welcomed in my boyfriend's family. At least I know there'll be a good and loving family for my kids to grow up in~

Edit: I'm also interested to know where he said Diddy is a problem!!
That's wonderful :) I'm honestly so afraid for what the future holds :( I can't really leave my family any time soon :/ hopefully things will somehow get better as time goes on. But I'm glad your situation is better, things are definitely progressing which is good a lot of families (in the west at least) are becoming far more accepting. I'm just tired of the anxiety and emotional weight that comes with hiding yourself :(

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I just want to not go into freefall when using din's fire, that's literally all I need

And also @ micstar615 micstar615 , If it makes you feel any better I'm going through basically the same thing, probably worse tbh coming from a half-asian family. But trust me it'll get better. Just try to shut out the people who put you down and surround yourself with people who actually care

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Just played an unpleasant and also very bad player on For Glory who kept changing their name to "DONT" and "SPAM?" while trying to get conquest points for Zelda.

They beat my Zelda twice and I was like. Hmm

I will just camp you then.

So I played liek an asshole and beat him.

Then I beat him with Bowser.

So he picked Bowser, and he tried to down air me, so I just powershielded it and f-smashed him.

Twice.

It's poetic really.

micstar615

Smash Ace
I just want to not go into freefall when using din's fire, that's literally all I need

And also @ micstar615 micstar615 , If it makes you feel any better I'm going through basically the same thing, probably worse tbh coming from a half-asian family. But trust me it'll get better. Just try to shut out the people who put you down and surround yourself with people who actually care
Nice to meet you :) and thanks, i'm always glad to meet people who are dealing with similar crap and share the same hobby, it's funny how smash can bring so much of us together :)

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
That's wonderful :) I'm honestly so afraid for what the future holds :( I can't really leave my family any time soon :/ hopefully things will somehow get better as time goes on. But I'm glad your situation is better, things are definitely progressing which is good a lot of families (in the west at least) are becoming far more accepting. I'm just tired of the anxiety and emotional weight that comes with hiding yourself :(
I understand what you mean, and I'm sure it's super stressful to carry that weight over you. I can't say I experienced it too grimly because I was always sorta distant from my family in the sense that I hardly ever told them about my love life in general. I mean I had a lot of girlfriends over the years too, and I never said a word about them either, save for one of them, with whom I thought I'd have a more serious relationship. Spoiler: I didn't, haha.

Edit: Omg the back-up downtime ate half of my post hahaha. Let me try and rewrite the second half...

I guess I was lucky that I found "the one" after I was away from my family and starting out on my own life. There is one thing I can tell you, though. Life takes a TON of tips and turns, and it's been probably doing so since you were little, only you didn't really notice back then. Either by your own hand or by a twist of life, you're gonna find a way to lead your own path into something satisfactory. Sometimes you have to leave toxic people or things behind, as @ TheDarkKnightNoivern TheDarkKnightNoivern said, which might hurt, yeah, but you have to take care of yourself first before you can start doing anything for others.

Just hang in there. I won't say "it gets better," because, while it DOES, it just doesn't "get better." We have to make it better for ourselves :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom