• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Guys, I discovered something.

Zelda can cancel her dash grab animation into UpSmash with Z.

So basically, you dash forward and immediately smash up + Z. She will slide a LOT farther forward rather than Dashing forward and upsmashing. It is REALLY useful for punishing. I will get a video when I can, but I tested it a million times and it WORKS.
Dash Grab Cancelled UpSmash.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070

So basically, you dash forward and immediately smash up + Z. She will slide a LOT farther forward rather than Dashing forward and upsmashing. It is REALLY useful for punishing. I will get a video when I can, but I tested it a million times and it WORKS.
https://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/f/f1/Medic_sf12_badmagic05.wav?t=20121027205903
^ Me when new Zelda tech got discovered.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion

Nice find. I'll test this out.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
The smash community is pretty cancerous at times :4sonic:
come on :4sonic: got 3 noticeable nerfs, so could you finally stop calling one of my characters cancer?

I'm guessing it slides farther then jump cancel upsmash if you are this excited

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger

Is this at all possible on the 3DS?

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
I'm 6', but I hope I'll reach 6'2-3" by the time a stop growing. I have long limbs and small feet and hands as well. My hand aligns perfectly with a guy I'm friends with who I'm about a head taller than.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
sonic, sanic, fast, all work well -.-
Like he has plethora of stupid names already, that I don't mind. Just ****ing use them
All right then. I'll call him Sanic the blue anthropomorphic hedgehog looking creature from now on. If it pleases you.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Welp, bottom half of my surgery incision reopened, well, partially. That's 3 years of healing moderately destroyed, god ****ing damn it lol.

I'm getting REAL tired of this, although the opening is really small and the Doc should give me a recommendation/something to quickfix it, in all honesty. (Not THAT Doc either, you funny people!)

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny

...just one question. Do you have tap jump on?

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Welp, bottom half of my surgery incision reopened, well, partially. That's 3 years of healing moderately destroyed, god ****ing damn it lol.

I'm getting REAL tired of this, although the opening is really small and the Doc should give me a recommendation/something to quickfix it, in all honesty. (Not THAT Doc either, you funny people!)
Man that sounds awful! I really hope things work out with that, I can't say I have experience myself with surgeries needing to be repaired, but one of my parents has had the issue before with a surgery, so I know it can be stressful.

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
Man that sounds awful! I really hope things work out with that, I can't say I have experience myself with surgeries needing to be repaired, but one of my parents has had the issue before with a surgery, so I know it can be stressful.
It's hard to really explain WHERE the incision is but the fact that it opened shouldn't surprise me. Nothing inhibiting (I can't do anything strenuous/exercise related UNTIL there's gauze in there) and then I'm good to go. It's just a pain in the ass (this is a hint at where it is, and yes it's as awful as it sounds, gorls)

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
It's hard to really explain WHERE the incision is but the fact that it opened shouldn't surprise me. Nothing inhibiting (I can't do anything strenuous/exercise related UNTIL there's gauze in there) and then I'm good to go. It's just a pain in the *** (this is a hint at where it is, and yes it's as awful as it sounds, gorls)
Isn't there supposed to be a hole there though? :secretkpop:

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
Now there's two. Well there was two. I had to get it done TWICE (it's right above my ass basically), first time it wasn't so big, second time it was like a damn giant crater. I'm just thankful it's mostly healed and that all that opened up was a small part that can probably be mended with more frequent washing and cleaning, and some gauze. Maybe Doctor assistance too depending on the process.

Yeah. It sucks.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Now there's two. Well there was two. I had to get it done TWICE (it's right above my *** basically), first time it wasn't so big, second time it was like a damn giant crater. I'm just thankful it's mostly healed and that all that opened up was a small part that can probably be mended with more frequent washing and cleaning, and some gauze. Maybe Doctor assistance too depending on the process.

Yeah. It sucks.
The only time I had to go and have surgery was a circumcision when I was around 4 - 5 years old, since there was something wrong with my skin back then. And the other time was mainly just stitching a cut I had on the back of my right leg which was when I was about 6 - 7. :V

But I hope you get it amended to and get better soon @ TTTTTsd TTTTTsd .

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Now there's two. Well there was two. I had to get it done TWICE (it's right above my *** basically), first time it wasn't so big, second time it was like a damn giant crater. I'm just thankful it's mostly healed and that all that opened up was a small part that can probably be mended with more frequent washing and cleaning, and some gauze. Maybe Doctor assistance too depending on the process.

Yeah. It sucks.
I cringed really badly while reading this. Maaaan, I feel really bad for you having to deal with that.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Yes, I have tap jump on. I don't know if its possible on the 3DS at all, but I know I tried to do the same with the Cstick and for some reason with Z, she goes farther. Can anyone confirm this?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Z (L on 3DS) just inputs R+A

You can't shield or airdodge during jumpsquat, so when you press up you're starting a jump and when you press Z you're getting a usmash.

It's just a jump cancel usmash using Z instead of A, in other words.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
You think you have it hard?

I'm Korean/Irish so if you can imagine that, congrats.

The thing is that I'm essentially always the shortest one around and in my groups of friends so I get singled out way too often.

It's also really hard for me to be taken seriously when I go to tournaments, and if it isn't people wondering what a 4'11 girl is doing at a smash tourney, it's usually a bunch of creepy guys trying desperately to hit on me. -.-
Man, that really really sucks. I'm not surprised in the slightest, though. My younger sister is a proper beast in Smash. She's never been interested in tournaments, but the Smash community in Monterrey knows her a little bit because "AMG A GIRL WHOS GEWD," and, like you said, she always has weirdos coming up to try and hit on her. She's pretty honest, though, and she's basically always like "I'm not interested in you, nor will I ever be, bye." Haha. It angers the **** out of me every time it happens though. What I wouldn't give for you girls to have a normal place to relax among geek communities :(.

As Philoz said, though, you can rest assured that everyone here will always be on your side and you will always be welcome as a fellow GORL without any creep coming up to hit on you ~

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Get well soon, Doc @ TTTTTsd TTTTTsd . :^(

My younger sister is a proper beast in Smash. She's never been interested in tournaments, but the Smash community in Monterrey knows her a little bit because "AMG A GIRL WHOS GEWD," and, like you said, she always has weirdos coming up to try and hit on her. She's pretty honest, though, and she's basically always like "I'm not interested in you, nor will I ever be, bye."
Ferna-chan's sister confirmed ICE QUEEN CAN'T TOUCH HER

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur

Yeah. It sucks.
Man, that sounds really bad :/ I hope you get better soon. Three years of healing sound like an awful long time. I think I know what kind of ailment it was, and I'm sure the initial problem wasn't pretty at all either.

Well, at least you can stick around and sass it out with us while you get healed and can move around more~

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Ever since Gen 4, they've introduced some stupid Pokémon forms. Gen 4 had Sky Shaymin (and kind of Origin Giratina; it's design is fine but IDK why it's necessary), Gen 5 had the therian forms and Black/White Kyurem (I've warmed up to the first ones but black and white Kyruem look dumb) and now Gen 6 has freaking Hoopa Unbound. Goes from this tiny little mischievous genie to a hulking, six-floating-arm monster.

EDIT: LOL at what Antonykun linked.

Megaman is forced to using only attacks that cant be pocketed or arent worth pocketing. Hard fist Meteor can be pocketed, Air man Up A can be pocketed , Rush spring can even be pocketed, side smash is a deadly pocket its power is increased after being pocekted so its even stronger than an allready powerful smash. leaf shield can be pocketed and when villager throws it it has no recoil like when megaman throws it.

i feel like alot of megamans attacks should be immune to reflectors and pocket just so that he isnt countered too much by reflecting moves and doesnt rely on only 5 non projectile attacks but they arent.
Let's get this straight:
Mega Man won't be using DAir much. UAir is pretty good to Pocket, as is FSmash. Everything else is not (possibly Danger Wrap). Mega Man pressures the crap out of Villager and he can't do a thing back.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Ugghh... that tier list is terribad.

Metaknight low tier ?

Yoshi second best character in the game ?

Link better than Diddy Kong ?

No. Just No.
no it's an MU saying MM loses to Villager 3:7
@Locke 06 tell Me this page is beyong Wrong!
MM is Literally Villagers worst MU right now with Falcon as a close second

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I mean, if you have people like these that contribute to tier voting, it's obvious why Rosalina has no unfavourable MUs.

--------------------------------

I remember at one point, Lucina was the "3rd best character" because all her waifufegs put like 8:2 and 9:1 for all her MUs lololol

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Yeah they're super wrong. I can confirm (thanks to Locke) that MM is Villager's worse MU. Even C. Falcon, who is another "bad" MU, is SUPER manageable with Villager. Megaman doesn't let you do ****.

****ing hate the tin man.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Mewtwo impressions day 3:

This character is actually pretty booty and I kinda hope he's getting buffed + having his customs implemented on the 28th. As he currently stands there's no way I'm picking him up as a secondary though. If I had to place him on a tier list I'd guess #25~30, but he has some serious issues against the top tier (namely can't escape Fox's jab loop because of his wonky double jump and is hard countered by Rosalina). He's quite fun though, and I love his jab, dtilt, throws, Shadow Ball, nair, fair, usmash*, and Disable.

*except usmash has Zelda syndrome and people fall out ALL THE TIME. It kills so goddamn early though; partially charged usmash off Disable will kill at like 60%

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Heh. I'll keep my word friend. You'll see.
you must type too fast for me then
my usual eventhubs tier list reactions
ZSbI04v.png
I mean, if you have people like these that contribute to tier voting, it's obvious why Rosalina has no unfavourable MUs.

--------------------------------

I remember at one point, Lucina was the "3rd best character" because all her waifufegs put like 8:2 and 9:1 for all her MUs lololol
so event hubs is secretly out to turn everyone in rosalina mains?
Diabolically evil

Top Bottom