• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Soul.

I dunno why, but I feel like Bowser with Customs will do very well in tournaments. (Currently testing out 2311. Dash Slash is too good for his recovery plus Klaw Cancelling it into anything else is just glorious. <3)
lol tourneys.
uh
HSB master race

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
am I finally not alone on this opinion in this thread?
I'm pretty sure you never were, if past discussions were anything to go off of.

Hell this is the one thread where people actually agreed with Seagull Joe instead of ripping his head off.

Soul.

I honestly can care less about the game being customs on or off.
It's now or never guys. NOW OR NEVER. IF WE DON'T USE THEM NOW, WHEN WILL WE?

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I'm pretty sure you never were, if past discussions were anything to go off of.

Hell this is the one thread where people actually agreed with Seagull Joe instead of ripping his head off.
you should see joe shooting people down in the sonic threads when talking about placebos from the patch, actually I'll just quote it. I was rather entertained by his post
Poor Sonic... BThrow getting a nerf really hurts Sonic's game. I was using it and it didn't kill until FThrow %'s (staled it a bit trying to kill them with it though).

Think of it this way:

You now need to land approximately 50% more SD/SC as you did before to get them to the OLD KO % for your Throws. Now you need to land... wait for it... nearly DOUBLE the SD/SC as you did for the NEW KO %. Obviously there's a lot of variation with SD/SC damage depending on where you hit them, which aerial you can connect if any at all, etc. However, this means that Sonic needs to work roughly twice as hard for his BThrow KO's.

Compared to Diddy who can still do ~30% DThrow Combos and bring you to 46% in 2 Throws, Diddy only needs to land 1-2 extra throws or bananas to KO you (although no more Hoo Haa kills).

Sheik was nerfed (BAir damage/knockback) but damage output still the same (needs to land about 2 more attacks to bring opponents to the new KO %). Pikachu was pretty much untouched. ZSS and Rosalina were untouched.

I'm sorry but I don't see Sonic even being in A tier anymore. IMO he will be the top of B Tier. Sonic was a medium risk high reward character. Now he's a medium risk, medium reward character. He was nerfed the hardest along with Diddy. He now needs to land twice as many SD/SC as he used to and against good players, it will be twice as difficult. Obviously you can still FSmash, YOLO Up Smash, and BAir before 140% to net the KO, but good opponents will rarely get wrecked by these options (except a good air read BAir, but characters like Sheik have far too many recovery options for you to consistently pull the read off) and you may get punished really hard for these options.
You're dumb and posted too much.

i still feel like something is different as far as his mobility goes. Could just be the fact that he no longer slows down and needs to speed up again from a turn around during a run.
Nothing is different. Stop posting nonsense.
Do we have any data about Uthrow ? I feel it's better knockback
It's the same. Uthrow>Uair at 0 and Uthrow>fair/uair at mid percents still work.
Am I the only one who feels that USmash has been nerfed?
Yes. It's the same.

Post to all: You're all whiny. Needing to kill with Bair/Fsmash/Uair isn't even hard. It's not like you can't just SD/SC a character 2-3 more times to put them into Bthrow percent. Maybe I'm just better then all of you. Ugh.

:018:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
you should see joe shooting people down in the sonic threads when talking about placebos from the patch, actually I'll just quote it. I was rather entertained by his post
"You're dumb and posted too much"

Summary of most Sonic crybabies. :^)

I mean, really, stop kids. Your character is still arguably Top 10 in the game. A change like that isn't gonna make your character trash. You still have that Usmash that pokes through shields and takes an entire orbit around the sun for that move to finish, AND kills at ~70%.

Why maining low tiers is better because you don't have to deal with annoying tier w***ing crybabies smh. :^)

Soul.

I mean, really, stop kids. Your character is still arguably Top 10 in the game. A change like that isn't gonna make your character trash. You still have that Usmash that pokes through shields and takes an entire orbit around the sun for that move to finish, AND kills at ~70%.

Why maining low tiers is better because you don't have to deal with annoying tier w***ing crybabies smh. :^)
guys im gonna main kirby hes low tier omg.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
guys im gonna main kirby hes low tier omg.
OMG no he's broken and needs a nerf HIS DTHROW DOES A MILLION PERCENT NOW. And I can't even punish his Side B or Up B because they're too fast I NEED HIM NERFED BEFORE I LOSE MY LUNCH MONEY TO A BROKEN SPAMMER.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Don't forget Robin and Blonde Looseina
11/10 best name

oh there were more nerfs then what was listed in the master thread for the patch notes, notable ones too (I'm not sure why they are not listed there). And upsmash is good cause you can tech read get up attacks from the ledge and ground and the invincibility frames be like, I got you, while still covering other get up options. At least this is how I like to use it.
Afternoon, Social
hi,
bye

Soul.

OMG no he's broken and needs a nerf HIS DTHROW DOES A MILLION PERCENT NOW. And I can't even punish his Side B or Up B because they're too fast I NEED HIM NERFED BEFORE I LOSE MY LUNCH MONEY TO A BROKEN SPAMMER.
his dair KOs now! that alone makes him good.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
real talk with ledgesnap vulnerability being a thing I love Kirby's dair in this game

too bad I don't love the rest of Kirby

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
So I just checked Hoopa Unbound's weight/height
and al;sdkjfl;

So normal Hoopa:
1'08", 19.8 lbs.

Hoopa Unbound:
21'04", 1080.3 lbs.

That is a 13x increase in height. That also means it's as tall as Gyarados is long and taller than all but Origin Giratina, Onix, Rayquaza, Steelix, and Wailord, and for the snake-like ones, that's when they're fully stretched out.

It's about 55x times heavier than default Hoopa and heavier than Snorlax. Only Groudon, Giratina, Dialga, Origin Giratina, Metagross, and Avalugg are heavier.

I'm using Veekun for reference and he hasn't updated with ORAS Megas so there are a probably a few I'm missing, but still. Hoopa Unbound is massive.

Probably too big for Smash.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Reading the buffs on Kirby, it only makes me sad for Zelda who got TEASE BUFFS and a nerf :'Du

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
:4kirby:'s Dair alone makes the character relevant in this game. Like wtf this move is actually top tier material.

Welcome back, character that is ultra reliant on only a single move. :kirbymelee:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Kirby is legit good, now that his inhale isn't terribad i can honestly say he's better than before in default.

D3 is the Falco/Lucina/Bowser/Charizard of the Kirby franchise aka ****ing **** and ain't worth your time.:kirbymelee:

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
lol you guys are stupid

we all know Final Gutter is the most overpowered move in the game, that projectile OHKOs and hits everywhere on the stage

final gutter

LOL

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
lol you guys are stupid

we all know Final Gutter is the most overpowered move in the game, that projectile OHKOs and hits everywhere on the stage

final gutter

LOL
The ultimate technique used by Chudat.

Soul.

kirby in a nutshell:
"hi im gonna jump and ff dair you so that i can convert it into an up tilt. then as you get juggled i up air you. when you're stupid i use down throw. when you're a coward I use hammer."

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
The freaking patch thread has degenerated into placebo and slowpoke news.

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Thanks for all the positive wishes! I'm sure this little scrape will heal, I can feel it. I'm feeling a lot more positive after recollecting myself and after the whole bleeding thing stopped, yeah.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Welp, bottom half of my surgery incision reopened, well, partially. That's 3 years of healing moderately destroyed, god ****ing damn it lol.

I'm getting REAL tired of this, although the opening is really small and the Doc should give me a recommendation/something to quickfix it, in all honesty. (Not THAT Doc either, you funny people!)
I'm so sorry! It sounds very painful, and you say its happened multiple times? I hope the Doc can help you out. I've never had surgery myslef before but my parents have, so I kinda have an idea of how it can constantly stress you. Hope it works out for you.
-----
More placebo patch notes? Ugh, I wish Nintendo would just give us actual patch notes for the characters. I mean, why...not? I don't think hearing that someone lost 3% on a move or that its knockback (they would probably use a term like "launching power") would make casual players faint or anything, lol.

Unrelated: I smile a bit when I get a KO with Fsmash now. :awesome: Anyone else think that it's actually a good move now?

Last edited:
Top Bottom