• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
You totally have to invite the hopefully soon to be girlfriend (once you're an item ofc) to the Zelda social so @ SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 and I can ship the hell out of you two :D
Oh. My. Word.

I literally just told her about Smashboards a couple of minutes ago and she said she's making an account!!

I already told her to head straight to this thread when she's done so… hopefully soon. XD

I so Exciteddd. X3

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Oh. My. Word.

I literally just told her about Smashboards a couple of minutes ago and she said she's making an account!!

I already told her to head straight to this thread when she's done so… hopefully soon. XD

I so Exciteddd. X3
Should we get all our gaycat avatars ready?

It will be of utmost surprise when she comes in. :^)

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
nnnnot that Falcon's her worst MU but it certainly isn't a good one
Yeah, but that's a severe ratio where the Capt. would almost be Rosalina's ***** while Ganondorf got a 30:70 which the Ganondorf board actually agreed on because they already studied the MU. Yeah, the character suffers that from similar issues, but is slower and slightly larger does better than a monster who rushes into like Rosalina was selling the tastiest hot cakes ever does better. That's like saying Lucina does better against Sonic because she has more consistent hits while Marth can murder Sonic with tippers. Let's also mention that Ganondorf's fastest grounded attack is frame 8, his Jab, and his fastest attack in general is a frame 6 Uair while Captain Falcon at least has a frame 3 Jab that can murder Luma.

When I made the Rosalina MU thread in the Falco board, nobody from the Rosalina board posted a thing. No theorycrafting or even ratio drops, like "0:100 LOL Falco sucks ****", and I doubt any of them even looked at the thread. The only outsider was Macchiato. The Rosalina boards are active, but they seem to be only active in their own board. Every other thread either had someone acknowledge there wasn't enough to say like Shulk, ZSS, and Mega Man and even "dead" boards ROB had more people from their boards.

Last edited:

Soul.

I feel like editing the Pika social's op.
seems too scrub-ish as is. I'll think of something. lol

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Yeah, but that's a severe ratio where the Capt. would almost be Rosalina's ***** while Ganondorf got a 30:70 which the Ganondorf board actually agreed on because they already studied the MU. Yeah, the character suffers that from similar issues, but is slower and slightly larger does better than a monster who rushes into like Rosalina was selling the tastiest hot cakes ever does better. That's like saying Lucina does better against Sonic because she has more consistent hits while Marth can murder Sonic with tippers. Let's also mention that Ganondorf's fastest grounded attack is frame 8, his Jab, and his fastest attack in general is a frame 6 Uair while Captain Falcon at least has a frame 3 Jab that can murder Luma.

When I made the Rosalina MU thread in the Falco board, nobody from the Rosalina board posted a thing. No theorycrafting or even ratio drops, like "0:100 LOL Falco sucks ****", and I doubt any of them even looked at the thread. The only outsider was Macchiato. The Rosalina boards are active, but they seem to be only active in their own board. Every other thread either had someone acknowledge there wasn't enough to say like Shulk, ZSS, and Mega Man and even "dead" boards ROB had more people from their boards.
I get that, my point was that they're both cases of a character Villager/Rosalina loses to being called a total curbstomp MU in their favor.

I would assume nobody posted in that because nobody had experience in that MU at that time (I certainly didn't).

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Late to the party but I'm 5'8" which is average I guess

idk what else we talked about so w/e

Soul.

Breaking news: Sonic is the most annoying character in this game and I hope he spin dashes off a cliff
He got nerfed and he's still annoying?
Brawl Sonic is wayyy more annoying. Stupid voice

Last edited:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
I would assume nobody posted in that because nobody had experience in that MU at that time (I certainly didn't).
That explains why MK boards get literally no input outside MK users.

No Sanic user came.
No Felcon user came.
No Diddy user came.
No Fux user came.
No Man Zelda user came.

Only 1 Rosalina,Luigi,Ness main actually came(but they had no solid MU experience, take that back they had none).

ZSS was like the best discussion since there was more input, may as well not do MU discussions at this rate. Falco and DHD must get it worse though.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I get that, my point was that they're both cases of a character Villager/Rosalina loses to being called a total curbstomp MU in their favor.

They could have said something like the Shulk, Mega Man, and ZSS boards saying they didn't know much, but they'll remember that it exists. Even then, the Rosalina MU threads picks different characters and they still discuss either way. Charizard vs. Rosalina? Yeah, haven't seen that one before and I doubt a lot of people know even the basics between their MU.

I don't know, maybe I've spent so much time dealing with a board that's polite and sensible that I just get irritated and I don't understand why they're like that. Nobody in the Falco board thinks they severely win in any MU and in most cases, they think we lose, but not severely to anyone. It's either even or slightly losing to everyone. Then again, we're talking about a character whose jankiest things was removed from the beginning, short hop double laser, and in a later patch, fast fall Fair spiking. Hell, you could argue that Marth is jankier than Falco because of Marth's tippers and rage making his U-throw insane. Oh well.

Also, I keep mentioning about asking to fight other Falco players to gain MU experience or just to have fun together and not confine yourself to this one ecosystem.

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
Should I edit messages or something? :'D I dunno what the status is between you two and I don't wanna cause misunderstandings.
X3 wellllll she has absolutely no clue I like her, which I can't blame her for since I was probably REALLY subtle about the hints I was giving her while we were hanging out today...

She's a little occupied at the moment though she says... So she'll check the thread out later.

Although I DO know for a fact that she's Bisexual so I have nothing to fear about whether she's straight or gay.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur

No Sanic user came.
No Felcon user came.
No Diddy user came.
No Fux user came.
No Man Zelda user came.

Only got 1 Rosalina,Luigi,Ness main actually came(but they had no solid MU experience, take that back they had none).

ZSS was like the best discussion since there was more input, may as well not do MU discussions at this rate. Falco and DHD must get it worse though.
I could provide some slight insight for the Zelda-MK MU if you want, though I bet it's long overdue by now. There's not much I can say, tbh. They're both pretty even IMO. MK can't really camp Zelda and he has to try and get as close to her as possible, so her f-smash and tilt and Nayru's can outrange him and thwart his approach. MK can juggle Zelda a lot because lawl Zelda, and neither of them can actually edgeguard the other too well because they both have pretty great recoveries. Neither has super reliable kill options either, and both Up-Bs and respectively strong smashes kill at around the same percent. I'd guess Zelda has a slightly bigger advantage once she's in rage because MK's pretty light, so MK's gotta be very careful is Zelda is over 80 or 100%. One mistake and he's done for at 40% or maybe even a little less.

I'd say it's a very basic MU :/

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

No Sanic user came.
No Felcon user came.
No Diddy user came.
No Fux user came.
No Man Zelda user came.

Only 1 Rosalina,Luigi,Ness main actually came(but they had no solid MU experience, take that back they had none).

If you send us Villagers a distress signal for an MK MU I'll personally make a trip to the MK boards (do i have to say "praise Ito" when I enter?)

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
X3 wellllll she has absolutely no clue I like her, which I can't blame her for since I was probably REALLY subtle about the hints I was giving her while we were hanging out today...

She's a little occupied at the moment though she says... So she'll check the thread out later.

Although I DO know for a fact that she's Bisexual so I have nothing to fear about whether she's straight or gay.
Well, like, she's gonna know when she gets here. And I'll, be like,

image.jpg

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

No Sanic user came.
No Felcon user came.
No Diddy user came.
No Fux user came.
No Man Zelda user came.

The problem is that even though there are top characters, I don't think anyone goes 0:100 much less 20:80 against anyone. Remember Brawl Ganondorf? He so much as looks at the Ice Climbers and it meant death. The thing is that each OP of the MU discussions and, if I remember, each invite has a link asking people to play each other for MU purposes or just for fun.

With that, there should have been more character variety, but no, we ended up with a ton of Luigi, Fox, Diddy, and other bandwagoners. Sure, those characters are somewhat easy to play, but even then, you can't pick them expecting to win. Pick Captain Falcon and you could do fine, but there's a clear difference between doing fine and being close to Acid or ZeRo's level. You'll just end up looking stupid because you have no idea what you're doing or you'll end up as a cookie cutter.

He takes longer to kill you but does the same stuff, so he's annoying for longer than before! Stealth buffs! :4sonic:
Isn't that the same with Sheik and Diddy now?

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Wut. Why is Mewtwo near the Mii Fighters and not the other Pokémon? And no, DLC area isn't enough to justify Mewtwo being between Sonic and the Mii Fighters.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
That's how I feel it is with :4diddy::4sonic: at the least.

:4sheik:actually lost a ton of kill power, and more importantly her quick kill power. I guess you could argue it's the same case with her, but I feel like having a frame 4 kill move lose a ton of its kill power forcing her more toward Bouncing Fish/Vanish is a pretty hefty blow against a character without kill power.

For what it's worth, the 7% hitbox on Sheik's bair doesn't even kill another Sheik off a ledge trump at 150%.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
I could provide some slight insight for the Zelda-MK MU if you want, though I bet it's long overdue by now. There's not much I can say, tbh. They're both pretty even IMO. MK can't really camp Zelda and he has to try and get as close to her as possible, so her f-smash and tilt and Nayru's can outrange him and thwart his approach. MK can juggle Zelda a lot because lawl Zelda, and neither of them can actually edgeguard the other too well because they both have pretty great recoveries. Neither has super reliable kill options either, and both Up-Bs and respectively strong smashes kill at around the same percent. I'd guess Zelda has a slightly bigger advantage once she's in rage because MK's pretty light, so MK's gotta be very careful is Zelda is over 80 or 100%. One mistake and he's done for at 40% or maybe even a little less.

I'd say it's a very basic MU :/
I don't think we will ever cover the Zelda Mu since she's not really good. It seems the way things are going now its top tier --> high tiers --> the rest. Since one user came in saying that he hates how other boards aim for characters no one uses.

I've faced 2 good Zelda's(one of them has that creepy anime black guy avy) and i never had trouble with them, his kill setups into up b is reliable but its player dependent tbh. Some MKs suck at landing basic stuff it seems.

If you send us Villagers a distress signal for an MK MU I'll personally make a trip to the MK boards (do i have to say "praise Ito" when I enter?)
No you have to say "**** you Ito, you got 0 to death by ZeRo".
The problem is that even though there are top characters, I don't think anyone goes 0:100 much less 20:80 against anyone. Remember Brawl Ganondorf? He so much as looks at the Ice Climbers and it meant death. The thing is that each OP of the MU discussions and, if I remember, each invite has a link asking people to play each other for MU purposes or just for fun.

With that, there should have been more character variety, but no, we ended up with a ton of Luigi, Fox, Diddy, and other bandwagoners. Sure, those characters are somewhat easy to play, but even then, you can't pick them expecting to win. Pick Captain Falcon and you could do fine, but there's a clear difference between doing fine and being close to Acid or ZeRo's level. You'll just end up looking stupid because you have no idea what you're doing or you'll end up as a cookie cutter.

Yea you're right best thing to do is play people, which is a drag. MK is too much like batman, he was the spotlight in Brawl but now he's in the shadows no one knows about him and no one talks about him. Competitive theorycraft thread spoke about him for less than 1 page, then they went on about Brawl MK for 4 pages. lol hello?
At least his voice isn't complete **** unlike Brawl.
True

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

:4sheik:actually lost a ton of kill power, and more importantly her quick kill power. I guess you could argue it's the same case with her, but I feel like having a frame 4 kill move lose a ton of its kill power forcing her more toward Bouncing Fish/Vanish is a pretty hefty blow against a character without kill power.

For what it's worth, the 7% hitbox on Sheik's bair doesn't even kill another Sheik off a ledge trump at 150%.
Wasn't her Dtilt also nerfed in knockback? That's pretty stupid since it wasn't that great and doesn't kill until around 250%. That said, she's still good as what Zex has shown and Bair being weaker doesn't matter if someone's recovery sucks and she could just use it as a gimp instead.

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
Ok ok... So I managed to avoid THAT catastrophe. She said she's not going to bother reading the other messages.. In the thread anyways so I'm in the clear..

Second, she won't be here till a lot later so I think we should just resume normal conversation to create more pages...

*wipes sweat off brow*

I honestly can't believe my luck right now.

This CAN'T be a coincidence. Lol.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Ok ok... So I managed to avoid THAT catastrophe. She said she's not going to bother reading the other messages.. In the thread anyways so I'm in the clear..

Second, she won't be here till a lot later so I think we should just resume normal conversation to create more pages...

*wipes sweat off brow*

I honestly can't believe my luck right now.

This CAN'T be a coincidence. Lol.
Then we should QUICKLY get to the next page just to be safe. :^)

Gotta go fast.:4sonic:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029

I really hate what they did to her Bair. I don't think she needed to be nerfed again, but I use Sheik some some so I'm biased, lol. It's just so weak now. I think her Fair has more KO power now, actually. Or at least it felt like it.

Top Bottom