• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
so theres finally a reply at the rosa MU thread..."Other than the Slingshot, Villager doesn't have much in the way of range vs. Rosalina's attacks. Sure, there's Lloyd, but those aren't really a detriment. I would honestly give this matchup a 55:45 in Rosalina's favor. While Villager has interesting options, including kill moves, Rosalina's range beats anything that isn't Fair/Bair and Lloyd."

I hate it when you're right

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Level Updates:
  • Omega Lylat and Lylat levels no longer have ceiling collisions near the ledge, so you don't get stuck under the ledge anymore. CONFIRMED
GUISE IS THIS TRUE?

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
so theres finally a reply at the rosa MU thread..."Other than the Slingshot, Villager doesn't have much in the way of range vs. Rosalina's attacks. Sure, there's Lloyd, but those aren't really a detriment. I would honestly give this matchup a 55:45 in Rosalina's favor. While Villager has interesting options, including kill moves, Rosalina's range beats anything that isn't Fair/Bair and Lloyd."

I hate it when you're right
At least it's not their typical 100:0 Rosa.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Also, y'all have probably seen it but Aerodrome said :4mewtwo: weighs 72. That means he's lighter than :4gaw:. My reaction is somewhere between :awesome:, :facepalm:, :mad:, and :glare:.
What.

I knew he was light but god damn, 2nd lightest in the game? I thought he'd be the same weight as Rosa, or possibly a character or two heavier. Real glass cannon, I guess.

Too many placebo posts, the moment they say "is it me" or "i feel as if" you know its gonna be dumb as hell.
I don't think those people are even checking things

"if I post asking someone to look into things I want, I don't need to turn my game on and do it myself"

So what are you gorls' favorite Mewtwo palettes?

My list is probably:
1. Seafoam
2. Yellow
3. Brown
4. Blue
5. The rest
I already know I'm gonna catch heat for this but dark is the only alt palette I actually like

He's probably going to be the one character I go with default for.

On an unrelated note, Robin's wind jab is crazy good now.

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
oh my god i just checked the patch thread and
Diddy was nerfed to hoo hah hell
Sonic's bthrow has decreased knockback
Sheik's bair is nerfed
*ZELDA'S FSMASH IS FIXED*

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
@ Soul. Soul. Seems like pikachu got a change? Apparently he can't let go of the ledge as fast? Lol?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Mewtwo is supposed to be a heavy Pokémon but it's light as hell lol, but still really enjoyable to play.
Zelda feels slightly better now, I even feel less landing lag after B-Air and F-Air...but maybe is just a placebo effect or something :awesome:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I would but for some reason, my router is buggering up badly. It just went red twice in a matter of minutes. It's always running fine but it ALWAYS acts like this during a change of season. >_>

Edit: I feel like Sheik's AI is better on recovering now. It seems to use Bouncing Fish to recover now.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Wait, 24.5%? Does one of the hits do 0.5 more than just 11% or 13%? That's something that didn't show entirely on the mastercore. Which hit does an extra 0.5%? I mean, I'll check it. :p

As for the changes, they are mostly insignificant tiny things, and would be very hard to notice without 2 copies to compare.

Phantom Slash:

[+] The duration that the phantom is out as a meat shield post-slash has been increased by about 1/4 of a second. The increase appears to be entirely static throughout charge, AKA, it's a 1/4 second Phantom body shield duration increase at ALL charge levels. I did the two versions in slow-mo, side-by-side at the exact same 'time' (With a range of error of maybe 2 frames at most. I used 1/4 L press to synch them up.) and on the 1.0.5 copy, the Phantom clearly disappears first, no mis-timing involved. It's a buff however you look at it, but it's pretty insignificant.

[+] The release animation might have an endlag decrease of no more than 4 frames. Since someone had mentioned doing their own comparison and getting this result, I went hard at this one to make EXACTLY sure nothing was up. The result was that for sure you could cancel the animation at a time different than in 1.0.5, Zelda's pose was ever so slightly different. The maximum difference I could see is 4 frames. The difference is annoyingly insignificant, but I believe it's truly there. >_>

[-] If your Phantom is destroyed, it takes roughly 3 seconds longer before you're allowed to spawn another. Super easy to see tbh, I'm surprised we missed it. The time increase is around 3.5 seconds. Super disappointing, but I don't see it being a big issue.
I can't believe they nerfed this move at all...oh well I'd take this small nerf over an Elevator nerf or something. Thanks for the work!

We probably didn't notice because we don't use the move. :secretkpop:

Regarding Sheik's bair- it's so weak now. I think fair was doing more knockback when I was fighting CPUs earlier...only thing I'm not happy with (so far).

Last edited:

Soul.

@ Soul. Soul. Seems like pikachu got a change? Apparently he can't let go of the ledge as fast? Lol?
Yes, that's the only thing that changed. Pika had a better time getting out of the ledges in previous updates but it's the same as the other characters now.
Not really bothered.

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Do you guys know if the knockback on Diddy or Sheik's moves was reduced or just the damage?
Damage effects how much knockback it deals, so yes, but I'm not sure of the actual knockback values are changed, but I'm pretty sure diddys uair and shieks bair knockback was reduced

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
What.

I knew he was light but god damn, 2nd lightest in the game? I thought he'd be the same weight as Rosa, or possibly a character or two heavier. Real glass cannon, I guess.
So while he dies a bit earlier off the sides than G&W, he dies a bit later off the top.

They're really close either way though and good god I wasn't expecting him to be that light.

Do you guys know if the knockback on Diddy or Sheik's moves was reduced or just the damage?
Knockback is affected by damage so there you go

Diddy's dthrow had a KBG increase to compensate the damage hit though I think.

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
Knockback was reduced too (Thank god.)

Edit: Found out Mewtwo can DJC with Confusion.
Is it just me or do Sonic's few kill moves seem to have more knock back now to compensate for his nerf?

It's becoming increasingly apparent to me. ;-;

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
So while he dies a bit earlier off the sides than G&W, he dies a bit later off the top.

They're really close either way though and good god I wasn't expecting him to be that light.
Yeah I was expecting Rosalina type weight at the worst but apparently they wanted to make him into a real glass cannon, lol.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Mewtwo's nair is really weird when you use it with double jump. He skyrockets into the air while doing it lol. It's pretty cool

D

Deleted member

So I've actually been facing less Mewtwos than expected. I haven't found a Falcon at all today..... :')

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
How do i approach with Mewtwo?
Go in guns ablazin'.

Lol. Idek. I'm still trying to figure that out myself, but so far my best and most effective strategy that worked against all the MewTwos I've played so far has been to rush with Sonic and close any and all gaps.

MewTwo is an incredibly punishable character if you can read him right.

I surprisingly have yet to try out MM against MewTwo.

EDIT: Oh my lord… I read that completely wrong. Lol. Thought you were asking HOW to approach MEWTWO, not with him. My bad.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Jotting down my thoughts on Mewtwo's moveset:

Jab: Quick, disjointed, does 4%. Jab1 has much less range than the other hits though, and the rapid jab seems like it could be DI'd out of. Has knockback growth, jab cancels start to true combo at higher percents. Pretty good overall.

Dash Attack: Better hitboxes than Melee! Not really enthused by it but it isn't awful.

Ftilt: Lots of range, but pretty slow. Not really a fan.
Utilt: Hilarious anti-air, has a weak hitbox close to Mewtwo that combos into usmash at kill percent on certain characters.
Dtilt: Hilarious move. Fast, huge, safe, disjointed, starts combos, what more can you ask for?

Fsmash: Lots of damage, but really laggy and I think also his worst smash at killing.
Usmash: Kills really early, first hit comes out fast, probably a brutal landing trap. Only the first and last hit have a hitbox on Mewtwo's body though, hugely punishable if shielded/whiffed.
Dsmash: Transcendent priority, slow to start but seems like it might be safeish on shield.

Nair: Zero endlag, combos into fair/bair at low percents. Doesn't exactly seem amazing otherwise, opponents can fall out and its landing lag is too high for landing followups (coughzeldacough). Might have use in trapping airdodges.
Fair: Really quick, hits hard, kills, works well in combos, has some disjoint. Very good aerial.
Bair: Huge disjoint, but pretty slow. Seems good for edgeguarding but isn't likely to get the kill unless the 13% hit connects, which...at the base of his tail you may as well be going for fair. I have concerns that its slow speed + his double jump's delayed upward movement means his ledge trump bairs will be escapable.
Uair: Feels kind of slow, but has a lot of reach and hits decently hard. Idk how to feel about it yet.
Dair: Probably awful.

Grabs: Seems like standing grab might actually have some issues with short characters...unsure if it applies to dash/pivot grab. Pummel is decent.
Throws: Love everything but dthrow which seems useless. Sadly doesn't seem to have throw combos, but throw damage is good and uthrow/bthrow kill.

Shadow Ball: THIS THING HITS SO HARD BUT I'M REALLY SAD THAT IT DOESN'T DO DAMAGE WHILE CHARGING. End lag after throwing seems fairly low, enough to throw out a Confusion to re-reflect at mid-long to long range or possibly pursue a half-charged ball to grab shield attempts.
Confusion: Reminds me of Melee's offensively (bad). Helps recovery a lot though and can be B-reversed for landing mixups.
Teleport: Feels really laggy on ending/landing, on top of that he stalls in the air before entering helpless which makes it even more vulnerable. The warp itself doesn't move very far and doesn't preserve vertical momentum, I'm really not enthused with this move. Can edge cancel.
Disable: Mixed feelings. Slowish startup, feels like around frame 15 startup frame 40+ end. Charged smashes will end stocks REALLY early off it. Has a bit more range than dtilt. Potentially a really powerful punish, seems like it can stun outstretched limbs too so it could beat moves like Flare Blitz or Falcon Kick.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I don't see how a low jump AC DAir is awful, not when it does 14%. Good out of his double jump, it actually has range unlike Ness's.

Top Bottom