• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I can't seem to see the point of Mewtwo's Side-B. Even a lvl 3 cpu is able to act immediately out of it and hit me with a fair so I'm like :'Du
Just treat it like a Mario cape. Helps you recover, reflects projectiles (particularly keep it in mind after throwing Shadow Ball against characters with reflectors)

It seems like it'd be really useful for mixing up landings with B-reverses too.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
So I'm about to go out, but time for a little teaser of my work, which I will post later (soon.) when I can:

I found three things that were changed on Phantom in 1.0.6! Two of which I can say with 100% certainty were changed.
Still deals 24.5% on max charge, still has the blind spots, charge time is the same, the move delay is the same... please tell me what you found because everything seems the same to me lol. I'm guessing it has to be something with knock back, angle, or phantom hp.

Edit: Now that I'm looking at it, the launch angle seems to be different. It seems to launch to the corner of the blast zone instead of around the center.

Last edited:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
smh Mewtwo's need to take notes from Samus users and not fully charge their Shadow Balls. If you semi charge the Shadow Ball it deals 20% that's more than enough and your opponent won't be able to tell how large it is later in the match.

By keeping the Shadow Ball semi charged you can B reverse if your above your opponent to land safely.
How are you guys?
:4mewtwo: Glass cannon
:4metaknight: Didn't get nerfed if anything he got buffed from one little tweak.
:4sonic:Got nerfed.
:4sheik:never found her/him threatening now he/she struggles to kill even more.
:4diddy:lol
:4metaknight:>:4mewtwo:
:4link:lol his jab 1 is ass cheeks

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
:4sonic::4diddy::4sheik: - Nerfed
:4greninja: - Unchanged except now Up-Smash doesn't fail to connect the second hit sometimes and I guess it can hit some characters sitting on platforms when they're at 0%, not that it's very relevant.
:4fox: - Still the same.
:4mewtwo: - Seems like a good MU for Greninja.

Today is a good day to be a Greninja main.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
But you can't buy Mewtwo yet, unless you consider buying two Smash games that.
Don't look too deep into it. It was mostly a jab at the aforementioned FG microdong. :4diddy:
I'm aware he ran Mewtwo, that just felt appropriate considering.

Personally I intended to buy both games regardless, and Smash is the reason I finally got a Wii U in the first place, so in terms of spending money I only got so much to say.

Also I genuinely forgot that it isn't open to the public at large. I'm sleep deprived and bought a bunch of Mii outfits, cut me slack.

Last edited:

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Man, Mewtwo's down tilt is crazy good for spacing and continuing combos. It has a really good reach and its super quick on start up and very little/no lag. It sets up a lot of different strings depending on where you connect the hit also. I keep forgetting up throw is a thing since I'm not use to grabbing for kills as much as grabbing to set up a kill from. Disable is a free kill on a good read and still playing around with confusion to find some sort of combo that can't be escaped. Confusion honestly feels like a "get off me" move + reflector.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I'm loving Mewtwo so far. My only complaint is that his double jump doesn't make the WOOP noise anymore.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
So I'm about to go out, but time for a little teaser of my work, which I will post later (soon.) when I can:

I found three things that were changed on Phantom in 1.0.6! Two of which I can say with 100% certainty were changed.
BJN why would you do this. WAI.

I wanna know so I don't have to make any effort myself.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Still deals 24.5% on max charge, still has the blind spots, charge time is the same, the move delay is the same... please tell me what you found because everything seems the same to me lol. I'm guessing it has to be something with knock back, angle, or phantom hp.

Edit: Now that I'm looking at it, the launch angle seems to be different. It seems to launch to the corner of the blast zone instead of around the center.
Wait, 24.5%? Does one of the hits do 0.5 more than just 11% or 13%? That's something that didn't show entirely on the mastercore. Which hit does an extra 0.5%? I mean, I'll check it. :p

As for the changes, they are mostly insignificant tiny things, and would be very hard to notice without 2 copies to compare.

Phantom Slash:

[+] The duration that the phantom is out as a meat shield post-slash has been increased by about 1/4 of a second. The increase appears to be entirely static throughout charge, AKA, it's a 1/4 second Phantom body shield duration increase at ALL charge levels. I did the two versions in slow-mo, side-by-side at the exact same 'time' (With a range of error of maybe 2 frames at most. I used 1/4 L press to synch them up.) and on the 1.0.5 copy, the Phantom clearly disappears first, no mis-timing involved. It's a buff however you look at it, but it's pretty insignificant.

[+] The release animation might have an endlag decrease of no more than 4 frames. Since someone had mentioned doing their own comparison and getting this result, I went hard at this one to make EXACTLY sure nothing was up. The result was that for sure you could cancel the animation at a time different than in 1.0.5, Zelda's pose was ever so slightly different. The maximum difference I could see is 4 frames. The difference is annoyingly insignificant, but I believe it's truly there. >_>

[-] If your Phantom is destroyed, it takes roughly 3 seconds longer before you're allowed to spawn another. Super easy to see tbh, I'm surprised we missed it. The time increase is around 3.5 seconds. Super disappointing, but I don't see it being a big issue.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
How are you guys?
:4diddy::4sheik::4sonic: got dumped on, :rosalina:did not, :4mewtwo:is decent at worst

I'm ****ing terrific.

Though the patch notes thread is giving me headaches, apparently Luigi killing Mewtwo with dthrow>cyclone at 110% isn't proof that cyclone wasn't nerfed.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
If you go into training mode and use a fully charged phantom twice it will deal 49% damage total. 24% the first time and 25% the second time. I never bothered to pay attention which hit has the decimal but it's there.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Man, Mewtwo's down tilt is crazy good for spacing and continuing combos. It has a really good reach and its super quick on start up and very little/no lag. It sets up a lot of different strings depending on where you connect the hit also. I keep forgetting up throw is a thing since I'm not use to grabbing for kills as much as grabbing to set up a kill from. Disable is a free kill on a good read and still playing around with confusion to find some sort of combo that can't be escaped. Confusion honestly feels like a "get off me" move + reflector.
Just be careful with Confusion. Since they could get a NAir out to intercept you when they just begin to go into their free fall animation to trade with you, or jump away to safety. Or just Air Dodge and take the Landing Lag only to get intercepted themselves.

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
Wait, 24.5%? Does one of the hits do 0.5 more than just 11% or 13%? That's something that didn't show entirely on the mastercore. Which hit does an extra 0.5%? I mean, I'll check it. :p

As for the changes, they are mostly insignificant tiny things, and would be very hard to notice without 2 copies to compare.

Phantom Slash:

[+] The duration that the phantom is out as a meat shield post-slash has been increased by about 1/4 of a second. The increase appears to be entirely static throughout charge, AKA, it's a 1/4 second Phantom body shield duration increase at ALL charge levels. I did the two versions in slow-mo, side-by-side at the exact same 'time' (With a range of error of maybe 2 frames at most. I used 1/4 L press to synch them up.) and on the 1.0.5 copy, the Phantom clearly disappears first, no mis-timing involved. It's a buff however you look at it, but it's pretty insignificant.

[+] The release animation might have an endlag decrease of no more than 4 frames. Since someone had mentioned doing their own comparison and getting this result, I went hard at this one to make EXACTLY sure nothing was up. The result was that for sure you could cancel the animation at a time different than in 1.0.5, Zelda's pose was ever so slightly different. The maximum difference I could see is 4 frames. The difference is annoyingly insignificant, but I believe it's truly there. >_>

[-] If your Phantom is destroyed, it takes roughly 3 seconds longer before you're allowed to spawn another. Super easy to see tbh, I'm surprised we missed it. The time increase is around 3.5 seconds. Super disappointing, but I don't see it being a big issue.
Is his HP the same o: ?

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I feel like if you Disable your opponent off stage, it'll be so fun and trollish. Just sending that little bit back will do wonders... Unless you're one with godlike recovery like Pac-Man or Villager. :V

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Its funny how :4mewtwo: spaces better than :4marth::4lucina: and gets more reward out of his...everything than :4lucina:.

I think M2 better than Charizard and Jiggly, maybe Lucario but he's not better than Greninja and Pikachu(especially this ******).

Like Back and Forward throw do 11% fresh, Down throw does 9% and his Up throw does 12%. then you got 2% pummels. His damage per hit is Ganon level, can someone dump Ganons damage output please? Its silly how Jab 1 --> Dtilt --> Uair or Fair does 20-21% hit confirm Gods have blessed this one.
:4diddy::4sheik::4sonic: got dumped on, :rosalina:did not, :4mewtwo:is decent at worst

I'm ****ing terrific.

Though the patch notes thread is giving me headaches, apparently Luigi killing Mewtwo with dthrow>cyclone at 110% isn't proof that cyclone wasn't nerfed.
Too many placebo posts, the moment they say "is it me" or "i feel as if" you know its gonna be dumb as hell.
I feel like if you Disable your opponent off stage, it'll be so fun and trollish. Just sending that little bit back will do wonders... Unless you're one with godlike recovery like Pac-Man or Villager. :V
Doesn't jab 1 hit confirm into Disable? Never tried it.
Greninja can kill Mewtwo at 80% without rage with sweetspot Up-Smash lol.

I'm pretty sure Greninja is going to have an advantage against Mewtwo.
Alot of characters can kill Mewtwo below 100%.

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Yo patch is cool but I still have like 3 hours of replays left /cry

@berserker. @ Tilk Tilk @ Cenizas Cenizas @ redfeatherraven redfeatherraven I'll pick the winner when I get home and can find the other email (I only got one?)

Mewtwo seems cool. dtilts for days apparently :D

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Greninja can kill Mewtwo at 80% without rage with sweetspot Up-Smash lol.

I'm pretty sure Greninja is going to have an advantage against Mewtwo.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I've been at work and won't be able to play more with Mewtwo for another couple of hours but he seems decent. Good spacing game, DTilt is great (gotta be better st working DTilta into my game), Jab 1 seems good but his rapid jab seems like you could DI out of it. They took away his straight green palette so no shiny Mewtwo.

Also, y'all have probably seen it but Aerodrome said :4mewtwo: weighs 72. That means he's lighter than :4gaw:. My reaction is somewhere between :awesome:, :facepalm:, :mad:, and :glare:.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur

Phantom Slash:

Lol, why would they even bother with these changes? :'D

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
Yo patch is cool but I still have like 3 hours of replays left /cry

@berserker. @ Tilk Tilk @ Cenizas Cenizas @ redfeatherraven redfeatherraven I'll pick the winner when I get home and can find the other email (I only got one?)

Mewtwo seems cool. dtilts for days apparently :D
Take your time. No rush. ^^

Played against a Mewtwo a little while ago...

I don't think he liked that Sonic wipes the floor with MewTwo sometimes...

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Nair covers air dodges completely due to its lingering hit boxes. It's pretty amazing at edge guarding things like diddy kong also (beats monkey flip). Down throw → Disable feels like a really solid option to punish baited air dodges. Down throw → fair feels pretty good, could possibly be escaped by DI, not really sure. Shadowball's sliding shenanigans is so much fun. I love shooting a shadowball in the opposite direction to quickly push myself towards the opponent. There is very little end lag after the slide so this allows you to slide your attacks similar to a dacus. The character honestly just feels right to me. Confusion could be a tad quicker so it's easier to reflect projectiles but I won't complain.

Last edited:

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
So I'm back to playing Metroid, I took a break for a while because I was lost in Norfair for a long time and it had me flustered. Lo and behold, I find a new area and OG Space Waifu Ridley. Hallelujah. He was much easier than Kraid, which I found to be really surprising. So now I'm free to get Motherbrain. Metroids aren't even a problem. I lost like 3 E-Tanks fighting my first one, but I adjusted to their patterns. But oh my god, the Death Cheerios of Death, please. Get out. You're not even a real enemy but you're the most frustrating part of the game. I'm glad SMB3 Waffles are nothing like you.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I love all these super accurate day 1 impressions of mewtwo everyone is posting because I really care what people think on day one impressions

Dantarion's not back till next week iirc
dang

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
So what are you gorls' favorite Mewtwo palettes?

My list is probably:
1. Seafoam
2. Yellow
3. Brown
4. Blue
5. The rest

Last edited:
Top Bottom