• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I don't understand why they felt the need to make Mewtwo so light. He's basically a big target (face it, he's huge), who is a little slow, and has to commit to approaching. Yeah yeah, I know there needs to be more time to figure him out, but still.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
so is Mewtwo's FAir safe on block?
Landing no, retreating possibly if spaced perfectly but I don't have a good way to test it.

I don't see how a low jump AC DAir is awful, not when it does 14%. Good out of his double jump, it actually has range unlike Ness's.
Eh, I'm not impressed by it. Damage is great, but the sourspot's knockback is bleh, and the graphic is deceptive and makes its downward reach look better than it is. Sh autocancel is kind of nice but I haven't found any high or even mid percent combos off of it. I think I can confidently say it's his worst aerial even if there are applications for it.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
@berserker.

[4:45:21 PM] HeroMystic: Okay...
[4:45:27 PM] HeroMystic: Testing B-throw.
[4:45:44 PM] Inferno3044: put some rage on you too
[4:45:46 PM] HeroMystic: I'm pretty sure it's true.
[4:45:56 PM] Inferno3044: SO LONG DE BOWSER!!
[4:46:07 PM] HeroMystic: B-throw killing Mario at the edge of FD at 120%.
[4:46:11 PM] HeroMystic: One
[4:46:13 PM] HeroMystic: Hundred
[4:46:23 PM] HeroMystic: Twenty
[4:46:39 PM] HeroMystic: I'm pretty sure that didn't happen before...
[4:46:42 PM] Inferno3044: with no rage?
[4:46:47 PM] HeroMystic: It's in training mode
[4:46:49 PM] HeroMystic: No rage at all
[4:47:16 PM] MarioFireRed™: So the red plumber's got a kill throw now?
[4:47:16 PM] MarioFireRed™: Neat
[4:47:25 PM] Inferno3044: the only changes they shouwed was utilt and bthrow being buffed in knockback
[4:47:27 PM] HeroMystic: Mario took Sonic's b-throw.
[4:47:33 PM] Inferno3044: chill son
[4:47:49 PM] Inferno3044: that thing could compete with ness's bthrow with enough rage
[4:48:40 PM] HeroMystic: 117% is the limit
[4:48:57 PM] Inferno3044: this is also without DI
[4:49:11 PM] HeroMystic: Correct, no DI
[4:49:16 PM] Inferno3044: i mean it was a decent kill move before
[4:49:32 PM] HeroMystic: Yeah
[4:49:44 PM] HeroMystic: With no DI, Mario's B-throw Pre-patch didn't kill Mario until 145%.
[4:50:49 PM] HeroMystic: That is a huge buff.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I don't understand why they felt the need to make Mewtwo so light. He's basically a big target (face it, he's huge), who is a little slow, and has to commit to approaching. Yeah yeah, I know there needs to be more time to figure him out, but still.
He's...really not that big in this game. Only fractionally taller than Sheik. More disjoint than sword characters without the lag (hell, even has combos off his dtilt), lots of kill power. No real point in approaching, make them approach because he does an amazing job at keeping opponents out.

I don't think he needs to be quite as light as he is, but other aspects of the character are mostly good.

Soul.

Quick, someone tell me what did they nerf on Sonic. Back throw, Spin Dash and...?

PUK

Smash Ace
NNID
Simlock92
3DS FC
4141-4118-5477
The mewtwo patch board is such a sad place when nerf are confirmed and buff unconfirmed. It's like a christmas where you don't want the gift you have, and your cousins got the gifts you want.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
lol at Mewtwo's weight when for real:

:pichumelee: 4.4 lbs
:4jigglypuff: 12.1 lbs
:4pikachu: 13.2 lbs
:squirtle: 19.8 lbs
:ivysaur: 28.7 lbs
:4greninja: 88.2 lbs
:4lucario: 119.0 lbs
:4charizard: 119.5 lbs
:4mewtwo: 269.0 lbs

Yes you are reading this right, Mewtwo is the HEAVIEST Pokemon in all of Smash.

sakurai pls

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Quick, someone tell me what did they nerf on Sonic. Back throw, Spin Dash and...?
Bthrow kills a bit later but still kills, Spin Dash does less damage, Burning Spin Dash lost its intangibility. There might be more.

Isn't it like super powerful though? kills grounded at 140% iirc and probably wrecks house as a meteor smash
idk it failed to kill a CPU Pit recovering high at 110%. Its spike is decently powerful but needs to be sweetspotted. All I really like about the move is that it does 14%.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
...I totally forgot that i had pitfals on for a picture :/

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
so I was testing fsmash out on ZSS jumping and was glad to see that she didn't fall out of it

just to try it, I set the percent to 110% and used usmash and
...it killed her
has usmash always killed at that percent or does training mode now take rage into affect? I could've sworn usmash used to kill at 130ish%
0.7 nerf to uair
so she got Zelda utilted
except a nerf instead of a buff

that's really stupid

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
What's with this WFT UAir damage nerf talk? The master core says in 1.0.4 & 1.0.5 UAir did 10.000000%, (Exact decimals for emphasis.) and when I tested it in 1.0.6 UAir did 10%. It would be literally impossible for it to be nerfed in damage smh.

Last edited:

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
@ Antonykun Antonykun gg but that input lag is too much for me. Sorry. Mewtwo seems kind of meh though. It looks cool how he just glides through battlefield but otherwise he seems unappealing. The dark FX on his attacks just really turn me off. You were really sassy with those disables though. If Disable can be reflected, do you know if we can pocket it?

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Is that dubious thing I read on Reddit true about her, though? Something about getting new hitboxes.

Don't really believe it is BUT MAYBE....
Nope just a damage and KB nerf on uair

What's with this WFT UAir damage nerf talk? The master core says in 1.0.4 & 1.0.5 UAir did 10.000000%, (Exact decimals for emphasis.) and when I tested it in 1.0.6 UAir did 10%. It would be literally impossible for it to be nerfed in damage smh.
@Thinkaman DID YOU LIE TO ME?

Last edited by a moderator:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
@ Antonykun Antonykun gg but that input lag is too much for me. Sorry. Mewtwo seems kind of meh though. It looks cool how he just glides through battlefield but otherwise he seems unappealing. The dark FX on his attacks just really turn me off. You were really sassy with those disables though. If Disable can be reflected, do you know if we can pocket it?
yep :D Mewtwo X Villager doubles OP

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Fam did you read about Falco's U-smash being fixed now?
Yes, it was the first and only thing, as far as I know, people noticed. I can't check because my internet is down. The funny thing is that part of me wanted Falco nerfed just to see people's reactions. Up Smash being consistent isn't exactly a notable buff and more so of an actual fix. Yeah, Falco gets to stay irrelevant and might sink down even more because Mewtwo and Lucas hype and everyone else stopped fearing the monkey who because he's not broken anymore is considered to be mid or low tier now. Really? People are over-exaggerating Diddy's nerfs. He can't do really stupid **** now, but he's still a good character. It's like going from first place to third. He's still going to kick ***, but not as dirty.

Well, with Sheik's Bair being weaker, that makes either Mega Man or Wii Fit Trainer's as the best frame 4 Bairs. Why not Falco? Range and compared to Mega Man's disjointed Bair and it's safety and WFT actually being mobile, their Bairs are probably better. Falco just wins in raw power, but even then maybe Mega Man's is stronger, but I don't know. Oh, let's not forget Sheik's Bair is a sex kick and has a lot of range. Yay, Falco...

Last edited:
Top Bottom