• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
The tears over at the Diddy board are delicious.
I especially like the guy on the first page who said,

"Let's just ruin everyone's combo game and make the game as slow paced and combo lacking as Brawl. Sounds fun?"

Even though "everyone's" combo game after 40% damage was like... 10% of the cast, which automatically made them better than everyone else. (Generalization & hyperbole.)

Also this game has had more than one contender for best character in the game overall, which automatically, undeniably, absolutely makes it a better game than Brawl.

Last edited:

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
I'm gonna get an earful from one of them soon enough. Diddy is still good though. Idk what the QQ'ing is all about

Also, Luma's HP was reduced by 4%. Watch someone make this sound like a good thing
Omg they're legit sooo angry right now over on the Diddy boards xD
I'm just like

I'm honestly gonna stalk the Diddy and Rosalina boards for the next few days, this should be entertaining.

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Rosie's been left largely unchanged, but given the Sheik/Diddy nerfs she's been indirectly buffed rather nicely.

Rosie mains are pretty content right now.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Hi friends, how are the placebos?

I hear Diddy's dthrow got a damage nerf so it sets up combos more easily

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Jab --> dtilt --> into fair or uair. ****ing glass cannon why does he do so much damage
Does Mewtwo in Pokémon have decent HP? I know Mewtwo's powerful, but not where in terms of stats other than Special Attack. Also, I really want to see M2K at least secondary Mewtwo.

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
One of the Diddy mains over on their respective boards has a title that reads: "RIP in piece Diddy :("

Lol. I'm done.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Hi friends, how are the placebos?

I hear Diddy's dthrow got a damage nerf so it sets up combos more easily
Can't tell since I'm at uni and didn't update yet. So, aside from fixes and a 13% Uair if @Balgorxz is right, then nothing on Falco as expected. At least he didn't get nerfed. *incoming patch 1.0.6.1; Falco is now removed from the game* :awesome:

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy
One of the Diddy mains over on their respective boards has a title that reads: "RIP in piece Diddy :("

Lol. I'm done.
Didn't you know? Making your character somewhat less braindead is the equivalent of making them bottom tier.

Duzzzyy

Sing me your lullaby~
NNID
Duzzzyy
Time to join the lurk of all the boards that received nerfs and laugh at the ****storm. Especially Diddy.

totally didn't fear ZSS nerfs, at allllll

Lavani

Indigo Destiny

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I'm just saying D8
You just woke up and surely you need your coffee and such before you get on to your equally reliable frame testing data and schtuffy schtuff like that :lol:

<3

I'm other news I can confirm one difference in Fsmash between the versions.

The hit angles of the two loop hit-boxes were lowered. (good.)

The hit-boxes used to have angles of 60 / 160 inner and outer loop hit-boxes respectively, and now have angles of roughly 20 / 170 which is good good good. My proof is that the multi hits have explicit angle indicating on hit visuals, which point lower in 1.0.6.

They ACTUALLY did that wow.

Usmash's angles seem unchanged though just through observation. They don't use the same on hit animation for easy indication, but you can watch the character wobble around in it just as well.

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy
The hit-boxes used to have angles of 60 / 160 inner and outer loop hit-boxes respectively, and now have angles of roughly 20 / 170 which is good good good. My proof is that the multi hits have explicit angle indicating on hit visuals, which point lower in 1.0.6.

That would explain why it works more consistently on grounded opponents but is largely unchanged for aerial opponents.

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky

<3

I'm other news I can confirm one difference in Fsmash between the versions.

The hit angles of the two loop hit-boxes were lowered. (good.)

Usmash's angles seem unchanged though just through observation. They don't use the same on hit animation for easy indication, but you can watch the character wobble around in it just as well.
8D yayyy
Was anyone else kinda disappointed but like "yeah wasn't expecting that" when you tried Phantom to see if it was pocket-able ;3; ?

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
8D yayyy
Was anyone else kinda disappointed but like "yeah wasn't expecting that" when you tried Phantom to see if it was pocket-able ;3; ?

wait. no. Are you kidding me!?

You cant pocket Phantom anymore with Villager? D:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
106 base HP, yes
That's not bad and it might make sense compared to the other Pokémon?

Anyway, someone claimed Falco's Blaster fires faster again... And someone said Falco's Uair does 9% instead of the original 11% or the 13% Balgorxz said. If it's nerfed, then once again, Falco is progressively getting worst while having minimal buffs like a proper Up Smash...

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
That's not bad and it might make sense compared to the other Pokémon?

Anyway, someone claimed Falco's Blaster fires faster again... And someone said Falco's Uair does 9% instead of the original 11% or the 13% Balgorxz said. If it's nerfed, then once again, Falco is progressively getting worst while having minimal buffs like a proper Up Smash...
Blaster is the same. :(

uair is still 11%

Tested with previous patch (3ds)

and current patch(wiiu)^^

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Initial Mewtwo impressions:

- OH MY GOD IT'S MEWTWO
- He's barely taller than Sheik.
- lmao dtilt
- uthrow kills Sheik at 130%, so it didn't stay bonkers but it's still the best killing uthrow I believe
- SHADOW BALL DOESN'T DO DAMAGE WHILE CHARGING WTF
- Landing lag on things seems similarish to Melee, maybe a bit better but everything lags noticeably on landing.
- He...can walljump?
- First use of Confusion airborne helps his recovery similarly to Gust Cape.
- Teleport feels really laggy on end, I dunno how it compares to Palutena's Warp but it feels really laggy
- Disjoint on tail attacks is hilarious
- He does more damage than I was expecting. 9/11/13% hitboxes on bair, 19% on sweetspot fsmash, 11% on uair sweetspot, 13% fair, 12% nair, 16% usmash, 12% uthrow, 25% full charge Shadow Ball, etc.

Definitely doesn't seem bad in this game, dunno how far up the list he'll be able to go though.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Initial Mewtwo impressions:
Who gave you a code?
- lmao dtilt
I was testing it and was like "lol speed"
- uthrow kills Sheik at 130%, so it didn't stay bonkers but it's still the best killing uthrow I believe
This is very true especially since ROB's UThrow just got gutted in the patch apparently.
- SHADOW BALL DOESN'T DO DAMAGE WHILE CHARGING WTF
(no)
- Disjoint on tail attacks is hilarious
So they are disjointed? Good.
- He does more damage than I was expecting. 9/11/13% hitboxes on bair, 19% on sweetspot fsmash, 11% on uair sweetspot, 13% fair, 12% nair, 16% usmash, 12% uthrow, 25% full charge Shadow Ball, etc.
FAir is going to be a crazy good kill move, Shadow Ball is only barely weaker than Charge Shot. DSmash seems mostly useless though unless it hits significantly below him since FSmash does 4% more. I guess you can't angle FSmash though. What is UAir's sweetspot? The tail tip or close to his bodY?
Definitely doesn't seem bad in this game, dunno how far up the list he'll be able to go though.
Sounds about right. A few other notes from about 5 minutes of playtime!

- Disable is seemingly useless on airborne foes and doesn't work on opponents facing away from you
- I highly doubt it combos but DThrow to fully charged Shadow Ball basically forces the opponents to jump.
- Still seems light.

Loving the new A+B smash mechanic. It really helps in making pivoting MUCH easier for me for the 3DS.

Also, I'm having a lot of trouble killing with Sheik (I used to main her so I have a bit of an idea on how to use her :p). The b-air nerf was much more significant than I initially thought... I still think she's really good.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Who gave you a code?
I stole some Canadian's Wii U.

This is very true especially since ROB's UThrow just got gutted in the patch apparently.
This kills Sheik at 150% now, for what it's worth

Shadow Ball is only barely weaker than Charge Shot.
Apparently it kills earlier?

What is UAir's sweetspot? The tail tip or close to his bodY?
idk I was staring at the numbers at the top of the screen instead of looking to see where I was hitting

Diddy still seems like a likely contender for #1 spot to me, his frame data wasn't touched but he still has kill combos; uthrow>uair still kills at ~110% without rage. As an aside, Monkey Flip also took a 2% nerf on both hitboxes, and I think fair's hitbox size was nerfed on the late hit (though it's still disjointed with the same autocancel).

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Huh, come to think of it, this patch makes my title become somewhat obsolete. Well, I have a good one I can change to~

Honestly, the more I think about it the more fine I am with Zelda not getting buff-ville. In the end none of the things we like got bopped to uselessness, and now killer Fsmash is more consistent in the wake of more top tiers losing their kill power.

It's like we saw a nickel on the ground, and because we bent down to get it, we didn't get hit in the head by a random frisbee. :secretkpop:

Up-throw > U-air KO's Mario at 125% in the 3DS version.
Up-throw > U-air KO's Shulk at 128% in the 3DS version.

I feel like this is a replacement for d-throw > u-air. Lol. Still not as powerful so it's nothing to be scared of for now~

Last edited:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Hey gurls, should I read back through the posts or could you sisters plz tell me what changed for our lady and savior, Zelduh ?

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I stole some Canadian's Wii U.
Oh, Canada. :drfacepalm:

This kills Sheik at 150% now, for what it's worth
Hmm, wasn't hit as hard as I thought, but it's still weaker.

Apparently it kills earlier?
Really? lol. Although, thinking about it, they do the same damage fully charged. Maybe that's why it doesn't deal damage while charging anymore (although high percent Lucario's is still stupid.)

So I just did All-Star with him:
- Mewtwo shows up in the lineup where you'd expect him to, with Jigglypuff, Charizard, and Pikachu.
- BAir seems to have a hitbox almost the entire animation, it even hits near his body as the tail flicks back toward him.
- All aerials low jump autocancel except NAir. DAir in particular is amusing, since it does 14% and is a fairly strong meteor.

From my brief playtime with him I'm pleased with how he turned out except how light he is. And no customs but eh.

Oh, I got all customs on my Wii U last night, just in time for Mewtwo.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Hey gurls, should I read back through the posts or could you sisters plz tell me what changed for our lady and savior, Zelduh ?
Fsmash's loop hit angles were lowered from 60 / 160 to 20 / 170 making it connect 99% of the time vs grounded opponents, and roughly 70% vs an aerial ZSS (The worst escaping offender.) which is really good considering I could make ZSS fall out of it 4/5 times in the previous version. (both airborne and grounded.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom