• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Basically Mewtwo has mediocre frame data, light as hell, poor follow ups out of grab and slow.

But his damage per hit is insane, good range, decent oos nair, strong disadvantage state, alot of kill moves and kill throws.

Seems like a glass cannon cuz he can die below 100% easily

Duzzzyy

Sing me your lullaby~
NNID
Duzzzyy
Did they speed up some of Zelda's moves? I heard something about it but don't trust it fully.

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
Basically Mewtwo has mediocre frame data, light as hell, poor follow ups out of grab and slow.

But his damage per hit is insane, good range, decent oos nair, strong disadvantage state, alot of kill moves and kill throws.

Ok but how strong his his Uthrow and Bthrow, I have asked multiple times and no one bothered responding

Did they speed up some of Zelda's moves? I heard something about it but don't trust it fully.
Trust no one when it comes to this. Believe it when you see evidence man.

Hm... Interesting. Anyone able to note his landing lag data?

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
YES DIDDY IS DEAD-ish.

A little surprised that Sheik got nerfed again. If anything, I was expecting damage nerfs, not KB nerfs.

Good to hear the Zelda Fsmh buff. I was just doing some random testing earlier and the characters seemed to....get pulled back in to it, lol. Looked a bit odd to me. I can't say anything else at all has changed, unfortunately.

PUK

Smash Ace
NNID
Simlock92
3DS FC
4141-4118-5477
Phantom end lag is slightly reduced, as i can judge with both versions. Could be a difference between wiiU and 3ds in phantom animation. Will confirm/ infirm when i Will update my WiiU

DoctorDub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrDubious
I'm not satisfied with this patch, really. They didn't really "buff" Zelda. They fixed her ****ty F-smash (which should have worked correctly from the beginning). Then what about Lucina? A faster jab. Oh, that really helps with all of the other laggy moves.
And they didn't touch Samus? I don't play her, but that's ****ing stupid.
Also heard that Charizard actually got a nerf, so... yeah. Balance team OP.
I mean, okay: Diddy and Sanic got nerfed, but again, that's just common damn sense. What were they thinking when making those characters n the first place?

What does surprise me is that Falcon wasn't even slightly altered. I mean, I dunno about you, but him having a Side-b that kills at 110% (without rage) while being the 2nd fastest character (I think) as well as having all the other kill options in the damn world (kill throws, dash attack, god damn F-smash...) is just a little bit... unbalanced, I'd say.

This game just makes me really confused and annoyed sometimes. I think I'll just go and play MKX before I lose my mind and become the ultimate salt king.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
YES DIDDY IS DEAD-ish.

A little surprised that Sheik got nerfed again. If anything, I was expecting damage nerfs, not KB nerfs.

Good to hear the Zelda Fsmh buff. I was just doing some random testing earlier and the characters seemed to....get pulled back in to it, lol. Looked a bit odd to me. I can't say anything else at all has changed, unfortunately.
If sheik's damage was nerfed though, her KB would be nerfed as a result. :3

As for Zelda... Dang. I overhyped myself in the days leading up. :urg:

The whole Zelda Fsmash thing Though that IS a very pleasant surprise.

I noticed something was up when ZSS didn't go into even a tumble hit animation when hit by Fsmash. She used to go into a tumble animation that made her break like, all multi-hits, now she doesn't tumble in Fsmash or NAir. (Which did hit correctly on ZSS, but she looked weird while being hit.) I'm not too sure Usmash was treated to fixes.

Either way I could get both her smash attack multi-hits to eventually drop people, but no doubt to me that Fsmash took more effort to drop people--even ZSS.

Last edited:

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Phantom end lag is slightly reduced, as i can judge with both versions. Could be a difference between wiiU and 3ds in phantom animation. Will confirm/ infirm when i Will update my WiiU
I literally don't see a difference, personally... I guess I will let it be confirmed.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Ok but how strong his his Uthrow and Bthrow, I have asked multiple times and no one bothered responding
This is only from t mode, kirby is the cpu.no rage

FD- up throw = 115% back throw(near the ledge) = 105%

BF - up throw on middle platform 110% top 105% bottom 125% back throw 120%

TnC- up throw 110% back throw 100%

Duck hunt - up throw on the tree 55% on ground 120% back throw 105%

I will edit other stages in too.he might be my secondary because hes such a glass cannon.

Last edited:

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
Eh... I want to play Smash online already.

The only person with MT at school is really bad with him.... But maybe that's just because it's Mewtwo.

Idek. .-.

This is only from t mode, kirby is the cpu.no rage

FD- up throw = 115% back throw(near the ledge) = 105%

I will edit other stages in too.he might be my secondary because hes such a glass cannon.
Any first-impression of his possible bad match ups?

warionumbah2

Smash Master
I played one of my friends who mains the dumb bird helmet wearing idiot, its stupid how much he bodies mewtwo in neutral. Its disgusting to say the least doesn't help that a simple down throw to uair can end mewtwos stock.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Mid-air Confusion>F-air
Down throw to Ftilt is a ture combo at lower percents
Bair at high percentages
Fair, he has solid kills
Especially with confusion set ups
Usmash is powerful
He'll be counterpicking Halberd a lot
I think Nair might be a combo breaker
M2's confusion stops all aerial momentum, which is good for mixups
He can't really handle rushdown well, idk
He's a glass cannon
Killed him at 100 with Kirby's jab
wtf

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
apparently falcos better? @ Ffamran Ffamran
I just woke up about 30 minutes ago, so I don't really know. Someone said his Up Smash links better, "full Jab" does 1% more, and Uair does 2% more, but because SSB4 Falco, he's completely ignored in the patch notes discussion.

Also, why the hell does Mewtwo not have customs? That's BS since it should be a universal thing. Well, that's a grim reminder that Lucas might not have customs and basically uses "Ness's customs". Most of the customs don't even look like much. Look at Falco's; aside from Explosive Blaster, they're all property changes and only the Reflector customs have color changes.

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy
I don't have my Mewtwo DLC yet, but it's astonishingly stupid that he doesn't have customs (yet).

... This is assuming they're gonna add customs for him... which they better... because that would be the stupidest thing ever if they didn't.
Just made the WiiU update
I confirmed phantom endlag is shorter
By about how much you would say? I really could not tell the difference. It feels exactly the same to me.

Last edited:

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
If sheik's damage was nerfed though, her KB would be nerfed as a result. :3

As for Zelda... Dang. I overhyped myself in the days leading up. :urg:

The whole Zelda Fsmash thing Though that IS a very pleasant surprise.

I noticed something was up when ZSS didn't go into even a tumble hit animation when hit by Fsmash. She used to go into a tumble animation that made her break like, all multi-hits, now she doesn't tumble in Fsmash or NAir. (Which did hit correctly on ZSS, but she looked weird while being hit.) I'm not too sure Usmash was treated to fixes.

Either way I could get both her smash attack multi-hits to eventually drop people, but no doubt to me that Fsmash took more effort to drop people--even ZSS.
Is okii BJ, I too was tryna stay up but it was too no avail.
It seems the biggest news so far was the fact that Fsmash and Usmash seem to be fixed. Maybe not entirely but at least somewhat.
I'm personally waiting for @D3RK to test everything and take his word for it since I find him reliable when it comes to this kinda thing.
I really wanna see if/how her customs or just default specials were changed. I'm hoping Phantom blind spot was taken care of ;w; I haven't heard anything about Phantom.
ALSO, let's all just be happy that our Queen seems largely unchanged while everyone around her has gotten nerfed 8D
that theoretically makes her better when the competition gets nerfed and she doesn't.

I'm about to hop on and see if Mewtwo is actually "my type". My friend swears that I'll fall in love with him and main him xD

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Just made the WiiU update
I confirmed phantom endlag is shorter
Do you have any sort of visual proof? Because I was testing to the tune of D3RK's previously made moveset video and there seems to be no practical change in end lag.

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
So, according to this thread, Fsmash is fixed and LK sweetspots might be bigger. Can anyone confirm?

I'm busy the entire day today (and tomorrow), so I won't be able to check stuff for myself.

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy
LK sweetspots also feel exactly the same to me...

I was gonna go in to class but I don't think I really care about what I got on my test... so I'll play around some more.

Also I want my Mewtwo DLC already >_>

PUK

Smash Ace
NNID
Simlock92
3DS FC
4141-4118-5477
I don't have my Mewtwo DLC yet, but it's astonishingly stupid that he doesn't have customs (yet).

... This is assuming they're gonna add customs for him... which they better... because that would be the stupidest thing ever if they didn't.

By about how much you would say? I really could not tell the difference.
in 1.02 zelda can shield like 2 frame after the phantom finishes his animation
Now she can shield slightly before. So i would say 3-5 frame less of end lag. Not gamebreaking but it's a buff.
By listening at 1/4 speed it's really clear.

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy
in 1.02 zelda can shield like 2 frame after the phantom finishes his animation
Now she can shield slightly before. So i would say 3-5 frame less of end lag. Not gamebreaking but it's a buff.
By listening at 1/4 speed it's really clear.
Assuming this is true, then that's... well, underwhelming, but a buff is a buff.

wooo

The tears over at the Diddy board are delicious.
I'm gonna get an earful from one of them soon enough. Diddy is still good though. Idk what the QQ'ing is all about

Also, Luma's HP was reduced by 4%. Watch someone make this sound like a good thing

Top Bottom