• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

@ HeroMystic HeroMystic Did Mario receive any drastic changes?

B-air's damage (and KB?) was nerfed. D-tilt deals 1% less damage. Needles are still the same

Last edited:

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Wii Fot got few buffs, Jab and Fsmash can hit short people. Usmash got a slight hitbox buff so now it can hit grounded people more easier. So how about Zelda?

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788

Mewtwo's palettes are kinda lame, tbh. The seafoam, yellow, and brown ones are the ones I'll use.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Mewtwo's Shadow Ball does around 26% (Fully Charged). If Villager Pockets it, it does 59%, however if Mewtwo reflects it back, it does 70%. ._.

Edit: It doesn't seem to have the same properties as the Melee S. Ball or Lucario's A. Sphere. It won't damage the opponent when he is charging it.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Mewtwo's Shadow Ball does around 26% (Fully Charged). If Villager Pockets it, it does 59%, however if Mewtwo reflects it back, it does 70%. ._.

Edit: It doesn't seem to have the same properties as the Melee S. Ball or Lucario's A. Sphere. It won't damage the opponent when he is charging it.
Does it still send Mewtwo flying backwards when he uses it in the air?

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Does it still send Mewtwo flying backwards when he uses it in the air?
Yes it does. It could help with his recovery. So B-Reversing it will be very handy. His Side-B also sends him upwards in the air too. Aiding in his recovery much more.

Edit: I just tested out his recovery from getting by a charged F-Smash by Dedede. After nearly touching the bottom-right blast zone of Omega Lylat by not B-Reversing Shadow Ball, I managed to get back with a Jump, Side-B and Up-B.

Last edited:

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Black Mewtwo. I just really like the color black. Can't tell if that is pink or red Mewtwo but I would totally use Pinktwo.

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
its been 3 hours, still no mewtwo code. did everyone get theirs? or are some of you still waiting?

Edit: Nvm. JUST got it

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Still waiting for Zelda 2.0 codes to be sent. For anyone that has Mewtwo is his his teleport cancel easy like Palutena or precise like Zelda?
Seems somewhat forgiving from what I've seen, but I'm having difficulty trying to go sideways with it on the Gamepad for some reason ;_;

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Top tiers got their kill options weakened and Zelda still kills super early. All that delicious rage for elevators.

This patch felt like the top tiers mostly got nerf'd. Everyone else wasn't changed (or they were SLIGHTLY buffed)

Last edited:

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Maybe now the term "Hoo Hah" will die in a fire where it belongs.

So I can safely say Diddy is no longer the best in the game.

Sheik is probably the best now but still has her weakneses, and B-air getting nerfed is... I dunno what the point to that was. To nerf trumping?

Sonic getting his kill throws nerfed simply doesn't make him braindead anymore. Still a very strong character but has to work harder for kills.

Wii Fit getting range buffs is a great QoL change.

Mario not getting a D-air buff sucks but not many characters can N-air out of it anyway (mainly Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, and Villager)
---

So far my impressions of this patch:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Maybe Rosalina can become #2 now and make people cry about her even more

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
I'm still a little surprised that Nintendo even bothered changing Zelda.

Seems like she's simply forgotten... Oh wait, we all knew that.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Falcon is the candidate for next best character, pretty much everything about him screams "broken".

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
They're convinced she's a balanced character is what I think it is.
Because she was so on par with characters like RosaLuma and Diddy before the patch obviously.

Zelda haters must have whined pretty hard for Zelda to be Nerfed. Lol. No. Not happening.

Am I right or am I right?

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Because she was so on par with characters like RosaLuma and Diddy before the patch obviously.

Zelda haters must have whined pretty hard for Zelda to be Nerfed. Lol. No. Not happening.

Am I right or am I right?
My theory on this is since Sakurai really loves Ganondorf as a character, he has to make sure Zelda isn't absolutely better than him, and the results of Brawl sent him into a frothing rage.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
After going through some tests with Mewtwo's Side-B. I feel like it'll be VERY handy in Doubles. Since you can help your partner gain his/her recovery back since they can act out of it immediately. But in Singles... I feel like it's very situational outside of reflecting projectiles.

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
After going through some tests with Mewtwo's Side-B. I feel like it'll be VERY handy in Doubles. Since you can help your partner gain his/her recovery back since they can act out of it immediately. But in Singles... I feel like it's very situational outside of reflecting projectiles.
Wait, reflect projectiles? That something new. Guess It's because I never once touched Mewtwo in Melee.

Besides that, how are you enjoying him?

Any good in your opinion?

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Mewtwo can probably cancel Din's Fire/Din's Blaze animation for us in doubles. Zelda could quickly set up a field of traps :awesome:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Wait
What I miss
I tried to stay up lmao and conked out at like 2
Not much. Just been testing out Mewtwo. (Mostly his Side-B)

And it seems like his Side-B has some true combos, but your opponent can act out of it but jumping, Air Dodging or attacking instantly, a reflected Pocket Shadow Ball does 70%, DTilt is SUPER fast. And his Side-B lifts Mewtwo slightly in the air, aiding in it's recovery. Plus B-Reversing a Shadow Ball offstage is very useful for recovering too. U-Throw can kill at 130 - 140% w/o Rage. 122% w/Rage B-Throw can kill at 105% on the edge.

Wait, reflect projectiles? That something new. Guess It's because I never once touched Mewtwo in Melee.

Besides that, how are you enjoying him?

Any good in your opinion?
Haven't taken him online yet. But he feels quite good. He has some better moves, plus all of his Specials actually feel like they have some proper use.

Last edited:
I think only the "top tier" of the roster had some sort of shift with the rankings. Anyone high tier and below probably are still at the same position, with the exception of the few characters who got some slight buffs. I think Sheik is the best but her flaws are obvious (like what HM said). I could say Fox but idk to be honest. Just my opinion

This patch was not bad at all. Some good things and bad things (Zelda not getting that much buffs, Samus not getting anything at all)

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
It's a crying shame that they didn't touch Samus. Why are they convinced that she's perfect the way she is?

I guess this is just a healthy reminder that this game wasn't meant to be competitive. Yeah, they hit some cheesy things, but other than that...

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I actually think Wii fit shifts up some positions. Short characters are the reason she isn't really good. Those jab and fsmash buffs really help her bad MUs. I'd say she's easily a high tier winning or evening with every top high tier MU only losing to Rosalina.

Top Bottom