• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
uhm... are zeldas lightning kicks easier to land, or is it just me? i seem to be landing a lot more lately... and the new graphical stuff for zelda is neat

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
I think only the "top tier" of the roster had some sort of shift with the rankings. Anyone high tier and below probably are still at the same position, with the exception of the few characters who got some slight buffs. I think Sheik is the best but her flaws are obvious (like what HM said). I could say Fox but idk to be honest. Just my opinion

This patch was not bad at all. Some good things and bad things (Zelda not getting that much buffs, Samus not getting anything at all)
Some idiot actually made a post about Kirby and Rosa like that??? Or is that a joke...
Nvm um I read it wrong xD

Last edited:

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
Non-Smash friends telling me I have no life when I talk so much about smash again. And then going on to talk about whatever new bland and boring FPS coming out for the 6th time in a row.

Smh.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
uhm... are zeldas lightning kicks easier to land, or is it just me? i seem to be landing a lot more lately... and the new graphical stuff for zelda is neat
Same here, I feel like a can lighting kick some butts easily. Maybe a "placebo effect" though. I also feel like the Up-Smash is slightly bigger.

What new graphical stuff?

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Non-Smash friends telling me I have no life when I talk so much about smash again. And then going on to talk about whatever new bland and boring FPS coming out for the 6th time in a row.

Smh.
They want to PRESS A TO PAY RESPECTS.

But yeah, same old boring FPS Games as usual. Which is why I stick to TF2. : D

WOW. That was even speed art activated and speed reduces damage output (which indirectly decreases knockback)

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Same here, I feel like a can lighting kick some butts easily. Maybe a "placebo effect" though. I also feel like the Up-Smash is slightly bigger.

What new graphical stuff?
her down smash got new "woosh" stuff, and her lightning kicks make the spark even when you dont hit anything, like in melee and brawl

if it is placebo, which i doubt it is, i honestly think they made the sweetspot bigger, then i like this placebo, making me play better lol

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
her down smash got new "woosh" stuff, and her lightning kicks make the spark even when you dont hit anything, like in melee and brawl
I should pay more attention sometimes.

Having the spark may help to understand more easily where the sweetspot really is (for beginners).

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801

if it is placebo, which i doubt it is, i honestly think they made the sweetspot bigger, then i like this placebo, making me play better lol
Yeah her Dsmash looks like it has a bit more range.

I'm also hitting with Kicks a bit more often but I'm also still sourpsotting them regularly... I think it's placebo but the sweetspots may have gotten very slightly bigger? Pretty sure the spark was always there though.

Also, can somebody test Uthrow > Uair combos on someone that knows how to DI out of it? It looks way harder to DI out of (which would be really great for Zelda).

I think peach is definitely a top tier candidate. Wii fit rises a little more too.
Definitely! With Diddy and Sonic nerfed her only bad match-up is Sheik now, and that one is not even that bad. She can handle her fine.

Last edited:

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
They want to PRESS A TO PAY RESPECTS.

But yeah, same old boring FPS Games as usual. Which is why I stick to TF2. : D
Yay. Can't wait for Call Of Duty to be rereleased again for the 11th time for full price at the end of 2015. I'll stick to Terraria and Smash. Thank you very much.

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Yeah her Dsmash looks like it has a bit more range.

I'm also hitting with Kicks a bit more often but I'm also still sourpsotting them regularly... I think it's placebo but the sweetspots may have gotten very slightly bigger? Pretty sure the spark was always there though.

Also, can somebody test Uthrow > Uair combos on someone that knows how to DI out of it? It looks way harder to DI out of (which would be really great for Zelda).

Definitely! With Diddy and Sonic nerfed her only bad match-up is Sheik now, and that one is not even that bad. She can handle her fine.
uhm i guess we can watch a match of zelda online pre-1.0.6 to find out i guess, but i truly believe the sweetspot is bigger. and if thats her buff, ill take it.

what was nerfed about sanic? chibos stream found nothing other than b-throw being very, very slightly nerfed

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
How can you hate Kirby? He's too adorable :3
Jump Jump Jump wait Jump dair smash repeat

Kirby is absolutely cute, but FG Kirby are just annoying. I generally hate multi-jump characters in FG as you spend your time watching them jumping to "trick you". It's almost a waste of time.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
How can you hate Kirby? He's too adorable :3
:4kirby: omg soooo cute look at how cute it is it eats things and makes dumb sounds Oooooo so cute

:kirby: look it's now posing oooo so cute

ooooOOOoo look it's a cute AT called crouching so cute

LOOK AT IT. It ain't cute.

For Glory time! Watch me jump in place for 10 years until you finally decide to walk towards me then spam dair -> utilt.

Uh oh you're at 80%! FSMASH FSMASH USMASH FSMASH dsmash? FSMASH FSMASH CHARGE HAMMER FSMASH

Ummm what do I do now? Spam Inhale for the gimp! I'll get you one day!

Like, what.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
:4kirby: omg soooo cute look at how cute it is it eats things and makes dumb sounds Oooooo so cute

:kirby: look it's now posing oooo so cute

ooooOOOoo look it's a cute AT called crouching so cute

LOOK AT IT. It ain't cute.
How can you stay mad at someone like that:

He's too frickin' adorable.

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Palutena now grabs from a character lengths away now? Like Marth from Melee. Insane
That lady gonna get herself a man real fast and no one gonna stop her

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Apparently Sonic got a Side-B nerf too.

"Sonics burning spin dash custom has lost its invincibility frames during its first dash. Which means its susceptible to being hit by projectiles now
Vertical jumping hitbox on spin attacks damage reduced 6% > 3%
Uthrow knockback increased slightly (im unable to uthrow spring into uair anymore past 100):"
Welp off to work.

Last edited:
Apparently Sonic got a Side-B nerf too.

Welp off to work.
Aw yeah. Good thing about this patch is that Shulk's bad match ups were nerfed (Sanic, Diddy, Sheik to a lesser extent). Only one that wasn't touched (for whatever reason) was Fox but I ain't even mad. I use Fox.

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
Palutena now grabs from a character lengths away now? Like Marth from Melee. Insane
That lady gonna get herself a man real fast and no one gonna stop her
Her grab range is the same. As I feared, Palutena's been completely ignored in this patch.

Initially I was saddened by this but I don't feel as bad now since it seems most characters were left alone. Still, it would've been really nice to see some buffs... sigh, maybe next time. :c

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Her grab range is the same. As I feared, Palutena's been completely ignored in this patch.

Initially I was saddened by this but I don't feel as bad now since it seems most characters were left alone. Still, it would've been really nice to see some buffs... sigh, maybe next time. :c
Really?
Dtilt seemed faster
And grab range seemed longer

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070

Don't worry, there's always the upcoming Lucas DLC that might comes with a patch.

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
Nah, TsuKiyoMe already tested this stuff out on both versions side-by-side. Everything's the same. Even Infinite Lightweight is still in, lol.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Bet you didn't know I'm pissed right now.

Ofc it would be released in the middle of the night when I give up on trying. CAN'T CATCH UP ON PAGES MUST MAKE ZELDA DISCOVERIES MYSELF. *cris*

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
I guess the big takeaway is that a lot of the top tiers basically are going to have a harder time killing, which is an indirect buff for everyone else. That, plus the somewhat improved Fsmash (and Usmash???) on Zelda is about as much as I really hoped for.

There are some other things mentioned that should be tested, but right now I don't have time to thoroughly test them.

Top Bottom